January 10 - Lausanne - The others

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

January 10 - Lausanne - The others

Post by robertod »

The other three investigators take Archie out of the study and through the other rooms of the building, towards the back door. Archie seems to have fallen into a heavy sleep. He doesn't wake up, though his body has been stimulated and his position has been shifted in the process of taking him out. Meanwhile, the sun has gone down. It's nearly seven. A new winter evening begins in the city of Lausanne. Opening the door, the cold wind comes from the street, now almost deserted. Most of the passers-by have already found shelter from the cold in their heated houses.

Minutes go by. Archie shows no sign of waking up and the Wellington house keeps dark and silent.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: January 10 - Lausanne - The others

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Perhaps we should summon a taxi and one of us should take him back to the hotel," suggests Felicity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Clarence shivers in the cold wind,“That might be sensible. Although what would people say when they saw Archie. I don’t mind taking him if you think I should. Edgar will wake in time to get to the cafe, I suppose.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Andrew looks around at the two unconscious Wellingtons, the sleeping doctor, 'We will struggle to explain any of this to the police if they arrive. I think we had better get out of here and keep watch from the street.'

'If he still won't wake up we will have to take him back to the hotel. But before anyone leaves can you tell us what you found following the Duke? Is it possible he has also travelled to this Ishara in pursuit of the scroll?'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We could say he just had too much to drink and passed out," says Felicity. "I've done it a time or three myself. I think I could convince anyone who asked. It's possible the Duke did travel to Ishara. Wasn't he the one who supplied this stuff to Edgar? The Duke lives in a two-story house built like a fortress. Bars on the windows and everything, and only one way inside. Archie saw a bright light coming from one of the upstairs windows. It was white, but tending toward blue, and it gradually faded until it was gone."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Clarence nods, “Yes, there may be more than one way to Ishara. Let’s hope Archie can protect Edgar there.” He shakes his head at this somewhat unbelievable discussion.

“Well, Miss Hayward, you may have more luck than us, talking your way back into the hotel. We can at least see you and Archie into a cab. Maybe I can get one at the end of the street.”

He walks to the end of the road, or wherever the traffic is busier, and looks for a cab.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Felicity slips an arm around Archie and supports him against her shoulder as she also looks for a cab.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

A cab is met and sleeping Archie is taken to the hotel room. Nobody asks about him. Both the taxi driver and the guy at reception seem to deduce that it's probably a hangover. Archie is lying on the bed and continues to sleep soundly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Felicity keeps watch over Archie while he sleeps, ready in case he wakes up or needs help.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Andrew continues to monitor the apartment from a suitable distance, keeping a particular eye on the window to Edgar's room.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Clarence stands next to Andrew and shivers in the cold wind. “I hope that cafe offers claret.” He looks up at the window. “If you see a blue flash, run- I think it might be the Duke using a spell. I wish I knew how he does it.”
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Time passes, but Wellington's apartment continues silent. He and his brother continue to sleep. Nothing seems to happen in Edgar´s room. Meanwhile, it is almost time for the meeting scheduled at the café, the 7.30 club meet. Unless the detectives have other plans.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Felicity had taken some time while Archie slept to change her clothes, and she also wrote a note for him explaining what had happened, and that she was leaving for the meeting at the café. She leaves when it's time to meet the others, making sure to lock his door behind her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Clarence looks at his watch. “We’ll need to leave soon. I don’t know how Edgar’s going to make the meeting if he doesn’t wake up now.”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Andrew nods at Clarence's concern. 'Perhaps one of us should wait here in case Edgar wakes or someone tries to break in. The other could attend the meeting and express surprise when he doesn't turn up.'
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“You’re the man of action, old chap. If you think your skills are of better use here then I’ll toddle off to the meeting and deflect the Duke- but I’m happy to hold the fort here.” Clarence replies.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Andrew doesn't take Clarence's comments as a compliment, merely acknowledges them as the truth. 'Difficult to know which is likely to pose more of a threat. But with Dr McElhaney out of action I fear the others might need the help. If only one of us remains here probably better it is me. Good luck and don't take any unnecessary risks like the good doctor!'

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”