January 10 - Ishara - Archie

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Re: January 10 - Ishara - Archie

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Archie rubbed his aching head as he sat up carefully. He cautiously put his feet on the floor before standing. He shook his head, trying to clear it. The sudden shock of shifting from the vivid dream realm back to the real one had him reeling. When he remembered the scroll case, he quickly began to look in and around the bed, stripping the covers in a wild search, but finding nothing, he sank to the bed in defeat.

Quickly dressing, he went downstairs to the front desk and the receptionist caught him up. Then he went back to the room, halfheartedly made the bed again, and collapsed on it, waiting for his friends to return.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

OOC:   Sorry, I forgot to give you a test to see if you can snatch the scroll out of his hand.
You need to roll 1D6. The higher result the better. You can spend any point of Scuffle to improve your result.
If you manage to catch itthe scroll, Edgar will chase after you to try and get it back. To run out of the dream world before he reaches you, you need to roll 1D6 and spend Athletics points to improve your roll.
Note that these are conflict rolls and Edgar can spend points as well. After you roll, change the post above accordingly to the results.  
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

OOC:   No problem.  
I am going to spend two points of Athletics on this roll.

1d6
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

OOC:   I don't have any points in Scuffle to spend.  
Here's the Athletics skill to actually escape. I will spend 3 points on it. That leaves me with 3.

1d6
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

When Archie tries to snatch the case off Edgar, the man dodges with a prompt response and runs for the exit door. Archie runs after him but Edgar is faster.
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SaintMeerkat »

doctor.png
doctor.png (27.27 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Archie roared in anger and disappointment as Edgar made his escape. "Give it to me," he shouted at Edgar as he passed through the gate in front of him. He shrieked as the floor literally vanished under his feet, panicking as he fell, and was completely disoriented when he woke up in a strange bed.

Archie rubbed his aching head as he sat up carefully. He cautiously put his feet on the floor before standing. He shook his head, trying to clear it. The sudden shock of shifting from the vivid dream realm back to the real one had him reeling. When he remembered the scroll case, he grunted and grimaced with frustration.

Quickly dressing, he went downstairs to the front desk and the receptionist caught him up. Then he went back to the room, halfheartedly made the bed again, and collapsed on it, waiting for his friends to return.

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”