January 07 - Paris - Charenton Asylum

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: January 07 - Paris - Charenton Asylum

Post by robertod »

The commissioner shrugs and sighs.
"Delplace wasn´t testing the device on someone. It looks like he was cleaning it and seeing if still worked."

Turning to Archie
"Indeed, it´s difficult to believe that the devices kill him due to its malfunctioning and the doctor´s imprudence. But our investigations resulted in nothing else. No suspicions, no motives and no clues other than the damaged device. We have repeatedly questioned all the staff. Nobody knows anything. Maybe someone is lying, but we haven't been able to indict anyone. We can't rule out that Delplace used the device to commit suicide, although I admit that would be a completely unusual method."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“There’s still this strange patient unaccounted for.” Clarence pipes up. “If only we could speak to him. And the nurse seems to have been attacked in, um...”
Clarence racks his brain, “Ward 4. Where he was unauthorised to go, I wonder what goes on in there, hmm?”
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

Archie nodded, leaning in toward the commissioner, switching to his heavily accented French. "Yes, I understand, officer. Believe me, I am not questioning your competence, nor that of your...ehh...how do you say...police de frère. It just seems odd."

"Was there a note? Did your detectives find that he had recently cancelled future social or professional engagements?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We should find and talk to the nurse," says Felicity to Clarence. "He might know."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

The police commissioner answears to Clarence.
"Oddly, we could not find any diary or notebook on which Delplace might have taken somenotes. It seems that the doctor did not have this habit. Or at least, so say his colleagues and nurses at the asylum."
OOC:   I´m assuming the investigators did not talk to the Commissioner about the doctor´s notes found by Andrew.  
Previously said:   "We should find and talk to the nurse," says Felicity to Clarence. "He might know."  
Evening falls over Paris. Some nurses change shifts at this time. Maybe the investigators can find someone coming out of the Asylium.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's go to the asylum now," says Felicity. "The shift is changing, so we can ask those coming and going. Someone is bound to know him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'We will need to be inconspicuous. Not just charge in there all guns blazing. Many of them will recognise us from earlier and may have been warned not to talk to us. It sounds like we are looking for this nurse Mandrin or Guimart if he ever made it out of the asylum.'

He furrows his brow again.

'And what precisely do we think the consequences would be if this mysterious patient, who is most certainly not the former Comte Fenalik because that would be impossible. What would happen if he got out of the asylum?'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I imagine the consequences would be quite dire indeed," says Felicity. "I'm sure he was locked up there for a very good reason. I'm not exactly known for my discretion, but I could perhaps change my appearance if we had time. I don't think I have time to do much more than swap hats, however."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SaintMeerkat
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

Post by SaintMeerkat »

Archie nodded at Felicity. "I believe you are right. We should be able to find someone who knew him. We can at least give it a try."

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”