Alfie Wilson - Private Thread

A puzzling headline begins a front-page article found in the Times of London. Three men, all identical in identification, were found dead in the same room of the Chelsea Arms Hotel. Then the home of a valued friend burns to the ground, severely injuring him in the process. It is the beginning of "Horror On The Orient Express" a European campaign set in the winter between January and March of 1923. Over the course of the campaign, the investigators are trying to collect the various pieces of an ancient statue called the Sedefkar Simulacrum. Night falls early then, and each night is long and cold. The campaign is made up of 11 scenarios, taking place in seven nations, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Italy, The Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes, Bulgaria, and Turkey. All are stops on the path of the Simplon-Orient Express.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Alfie Wilson - Private Thread

Post by robertod »

About a month before the opening scene of the lecture, Professor Smith offered Alfie a small job. Smith was afraid to leave the house alone, expecially when he had to move to more places in London. In these situations, Smith paid Alfie (well enough) to be his bodyguard.
When asked about why, Smith was somewhat evasive.
"When I was in Turkey, some time ago.. I was looking for information about an ancient relic...
let's say that I had to use unusual means... that bothered a powerful and somewhat dangerous person. I learned he was seen in London those days... It´s just a precaution... you know?"

The second day Alfie was with Smith, he indeed spotted a suspect. A guy with a mustache of Turkish physiognomy, who seemed to follow him and the Professor. When the man realized he had been noticed he disappeared into the crowd.

"Ah.. I could not see him well, Alfie! But as you describe him.. yes it could be him!"

Never seen again. A week after the incident, Smith, smiling, told Alfie that everything was fine. He no longer needed to be accompanied.

Return to “Horror on the Orient Express (Trail of Cthulhu)”