Worth reisdence

Before there was Delta Green there was a small organization tasked with investigating the most morbid and vile happenings lurking just bellow the veneer of society. Specially chosen and skilled investigators join forces in a race to solve or cover up these events before it takes its toll on their Sanity. Investigators from a variety of backgrounds will need all the help they can get from their mysterious and international benefactors who always know more than they let on and never let slip their full intentions. It's pre-WW2 but the war of the Mythos is just beginning.

Moderator: Borderline

Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Worth reisdence

Post by Borderline »

170 Highland Ave, Somerville, MA 02143
A historic two story home in a residential neighborhood.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Worth reisdence

Post by Mephistophilis »

After a frugal breakfast Bill brings his car round to the front of the hotel. He waits for the others. While the Worth residence is within walking distance he wants to bring the car, both for the impression it makes and also to better store any evidence they find.

He wants to discuss their game plan before turning up at the house, intending to take the lead as an experienced federal investigator. He's still not sure about bringing these civilians along, even Albert.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Rachel had slept poorly, so felt out of sorts as she ate breakfast in a desultory fashion.

Finishing up, she made her way to the front of the hotel, where she spotted Bill.

”’Morning?” she said, uncertainly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ralph meets the others in the parking lot as he heads out to his Cadillac. "Good morning," he says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Good morning Miss Douglas, Commander Harper' Bill responds. He looks over the assembled group, 'Shit, things must be lean at the Treasury if this is the best they can do.'

He tries to straighten himself up, project some authority. In his gruff voice he barks 'As we're supposed to be feds I'll take the lead, Commander Harper can back me up. You...' he gestures to Rachel, 'Can be an assistant or civilian consultant or something. Albert is our gofer, running errands, that sort of thing. That clear?'
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Rachel nodded mutely. Still disoriented by the turn of events, she was happy for someone else to take the lead.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ralph nods. "I'll follow your lead, sir," he says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Albert can barely contain himself and he hops from one foot to the other.
“Right you are, Mr Gilmore.”
He whispers to Rachel,
“Though I don’t understand how me being a gopher is going to help with detectoring.”
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Rachel looked at Albert with a mix a disbelief and puzzlement. Was the boy making a joke?

”Is not ‘gopher’, the creature,” she said, in her heavily-accented English. ”Is ‘go for’ - two words - you ‘go for’ whatever Mr Gilmore tell you to get. Understand?”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'That's settled then. Albert, get in the car, Miss Douglas you can come too if you like. Presume you're taking your own ride Harper?'

Bill starts up the Buick and once everyone is ready heads out to Highland Avenue. He drives leisurely through the streets of Somerville, trying to get a sense of the neighborhood. He passes well set out parks, neat streets, a mixture of working class areas and well to do quarters. There are signs of industrial activity, with meatpacking and other delivery vans crowding the roads. The people he passes are a broad mixture of humanity, clearly there's been a lot of immigration to the area, probably drawn by that new Ford motor factory out by the river. He mutters disapprovingly to himself, Where there are immigrants there are subversives.

Arriving at the Worth Residence he parks up and waits for Ralph. When they're all assembled he asks Albert and Rachel to hang back while he and Ralph make their introductions.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Why you think we have to wait while they make their introductions?” said Rachel testily. ”Do you think it is because I am woman and you are still child? Woman is just as good as any man - that is what my mother said to me. And my father would always agree with her!”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ralph drives in his own car, parks it outside the house, and approaches the front door with Bill. He shares his concerns about subversives, though he knows that most immigrants want to be good Americans and come to this country to partake in its freedom. It's just those few that slip in amongst them that you have to beware.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Albert watches Bill and Ralph walk up the path to the front door.
“I don’t know, Miss. Maybe it’s because you’re foreign. And I’m not a child. I’m sixteen. At least, I’m pretty sure I am.
Anyway, It’s an important job looking after the getaway car; them two might come running back any minute with the hounds of hell after them and we have to be be ready for the escape.
And we got to look out for hooligans what are spying on us.”
With this, Albert makes a conscientious sweep of the area for any suspicious activity.
Spot hidden:55 roll:43
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Rachel rolled her eyes. ”What do you think you are? Some kind of spy?” She shook her head. ”Just watch car. Do good job and he will buy you a new comic book to look at.”
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

3 houses over young children play, rolling a hoop with sticks. 2 blocks away a growling lead-sled rumbles by
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Bill walks up to the house and knocks on the door.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

After a short wait you are greeted by a tall, balding man who introduces himself as Bob Worth.
"You must be the special medical examiners, thank you for coming please come in."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Bill steps inside and shakes Bob Worth's hand firmly. 'William Gilmore, Bureau of Investigation,' he briefly flashes his identification. 'My colleague Commander Harper.'

He looks over his shoulder, 'My assistants.'

Once inside he says 'Mr Worth, I'm very sorry for your loss.' His tone is flat, it is difficult to tell if he's simply being a calm professional or this sort of thing just doesn't affect him anymore.

'Can you tell me how you found her?'
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

"It was when I got home from work. Harry was at school"- he sobs-"thank God. He's staying with his aunt and uncle now." Choking back tears. "I'm sorry. I walked into her sewing room and there she was, on the floor."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Bill continues, showing no sign of empathy, 'Of course. And what did you see?'

Return to “Fear Forgotten”