Worth reisdence

Before there was Delta Green there was a small organization tasked with investigating the most morbid and vile happenings lurking just bellow the veneer of society. Specially chosen and skilled investigators join forces in a race to solve or cover up these events before it takes its toll on their Sanity. Investigators from a variety of backgrounds will need all the help they can get from their mysterious and international benefactors who always know more than they let on and never let slip their full intentions. It's pre-WW2 but the war of the Mythos is just beginning.

Moderator: Borderline

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Worth reisdence

Post by Mephistophilis »

Thanking her, Bill hangs up the phone and tries the Michigan automobile crimes office. 'Hello, I am Special Agent William Gilmore from the Bureau of Investigation in Washington. I would appreciate you checking a licence plate for me, it has been implicated in a federal case I'm investigating.'
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Borderline »

On the other end a gruff sounding man responds between cigarette puffs, Bill can practically smell the nicotine through the phone "license plate? What's the number?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Rachel returns to the room to look around, to see if there were any further clues about the events leading to Mrs Worth’s demise.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Bob knocks on the door frame as he sheepishly pokes his head in the room. "Excuse me ma'am but have you figured out what happened to her?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Albert says nothing, he sits mutely in his seat feeling that he has failed somehow; this wasn’t how it was supposed to go.
He fiercely scans every car on the road, daring their quarry to reappear.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Rachel looked at Mr. Worth for a long moment, trying to think what an actual policeman might say. Mr Bill will say when he has finished on telephone,” she blurted out.

She looked at him for an uncomfortable period of time, then said, ”Have you seen strange man hanging round house?”
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Recognising this man isn't interested in small talk or niceties, Bill responds simply 'Michigan 593 447.'
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Bill-
"447 lemme see" the man grumbles mostly to himself. After a long wait- "you said it's implicated in a crime? Hasn't been reported stolen, registered to a Mildred Tate, blue model T ah let's see no phone number, got an address here tho."

Rachel-
The man stands mouth agape momentarily, "ah, of course. Thank you..and you're a..." he thinks better of his next question amd continues " right well if there's anything I can do please let me know."
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Albert-
In the excitement every car seems as if it could be the target prowler, even those which colors don't match. If this were one of his comics the car would surely appear, even pedestrians seem to resemble the hunted.
make an int or other appropriate roll to keep the men's faces and car fresh in your mind for possible future identification
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Strange man hanging round house? Have you seen him?” Rachel repeats to Mr Worth, more slowly this time, so he doesn’t miss it.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Mr.Worth-
"OH! Sorry no, my brains a bit scattered, no haven't seen anyone suspicious hanging around, the neighborhood has gone downhill tho now that I think about it, we were lucky enough to be left alone. Our neighbors had a break in a couple weeks back I believe."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Which neighbours? Could be linked to events here,” said Rachel, her pen poised to make a note of the address.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

"The Thompsons, Virgil and Sarah. They live behind us, three houses over." He motions towards the south east.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Were Mr Thompson or Mrs Thompson hurt as result of burglary?” asking Rachel, jotting down the name of the neighbours.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“It looks like they’ve giving us the slip, Sir. But I reckon I might remember them if I saw ‘em again.”
Albert says to Ralph.
Int 65 roll: 52
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Much appreciated,' says Bill. 'I'll take that address.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That'll help," says Ralph as he drives back. "I don't think we've seen the last of our mysterious visitor."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Bob- "Hurt? No they were out when it happened."

On the phone- "Wait a minute, I do have a number here, they never fill these things out right. Phone number is YP43988, address is 19 N Hamilton St, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Bill won't be driving out to Michigan but he reckons it is worth a try ringing the number. He calls YP43988 and waits for an answer, looking to see if Mildred Tate answers.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

On the phone an elderly sounding woman answers in a shaky voice "Hello?"

Return to “Fear Forgotten”