Prequel character locations and concept discussion

Before there was Delta Green there was a small organization tasked with investigating the most morbid and vile happenings lurking just bellow the veneer of society. Specially chosen and skilled investigators join forces in a race to solve or cover up these events before it takes its toll on their Sanity. Investigators from a variety of backgrounds will need all the help they can get from their mysterious and international benefactors who always know more than they let on and never let slip their full intentions. It's pre-WW2 but the war of the Mythos is just beginning.

Moderator: Borderline

Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Prequel character locations and concept discussion

Post by Borderline »

I want to test a concept during the prequel- imagine the actions here like a black and white movie where only things described as having color by the keeper or the players are not black and white. This is a section to introduce your character and establish thier location when we first see them.
images (1).jpeg
images (1).jpeg (9.56 KiB) Viewed 694 times
120-ColorSplash-Featured.jpg
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Prequel character locations and concept discussion

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC:   Not quite sure what you're looking for but here's our first look at Bill Gilmore  

It's winter in DC, the sky is dark as night sets in. Thick sheets of rain plunge from the sky and splash on the sidewalk, running in rivulets down the drains. Out of the dreary grey the cherry red of a cigarette can just be seen. A figure in a buff trench coat and grey fedora is struggling to unlock the door to an apartment building while the rain drenches him.

Eventually he is able to wrench open the door and duck inside, flicking the cigarette into the pooling rain. He presses a switch and the flickering electric lights come on, bathing him in a warm yellow glow. Shaking off his coat and hat, and hanging them up, he trudges slowly into the living room and collapses into a sagging green couch. He sits there for a minute, immobile, before slowly reaching down and unlacing his black shoes. He places them to one side, lining them up exactly beside one another.

Opening a packet of Lucky Strike cigarettes he lights one and stares into the middle distance. His lined, age-worn, and heavily scarred face is blank. For what seems like hours he just sits there. Eventually he stands and removes his jacket, folding it precisely and hanging it over a chair. He removes an automatic pistol from his shoulder holster, takes out the magazine, and clears the chamber. Placing it down on the side-table beside him.

He walks slowly into the kitchen, almost shuffling, his large frame seems shrunken somehow. Opening the white refrigerator he looks at the bare shelves, 'End of another day Bill' he mutters.
Last edited by Mephistophilis on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

On the other side of the refrigerator door hangs a calender, all the days blank except for one. Circled and written in bold red ink "Amanda's b-day. Don't forget!" Suddenly the gloomy silence is broken by a booming knock on the door.

Continued here
Washington DC (Bill)
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Hey all,
Our former law enforcement players have a pretty straight forward path to how they could've joined "the agency", for those of you who aren't quite as obvious I'd like to devote a little time to that here. The agency has many different aspects and there's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm thinking most of our characters could've found themselves in a bad position. Perhaps they were black mailed into devoting themselves or maybe a recruiter thought they were helping the character out. These are just a couple of my ideas so feel free to discuss and consider giving us a small background explanation of what brought your character to the agency. Thanks!
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Bill might have 'recruited' some, I'm thinking particularly of Albert who he might have caught up to no good and recognised he has skills that he could make use of.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Yeah if you want some characters to already know each other that would be very interesting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I should have time on Thursday or Friday to finish creating my character, as I'll be off from work then. Ralph Harper would probably be willingly recruited by someone appealing to his patriotism. He's not law enforcement, but in the 1930s (and prior), the Office of Naval Intelligence was America's only official intelligence organization until the creation of the OSS and its predecessor in the early 1940s.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Albert thinks Bill is a detective; he doesn’t know anything about the agency. When Bill catches him red handed breaking in nextdoor, Albert sees the sense in helping Bill with his enquiries instead of being sent to gaol, again.
Bill might consider a probationary period for Albert before full recruitment as an incentive for diligence and good behaviour.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Rachel is a researcher. Could she have been employed by the agency, thinking it was just a government job, not realising what she was letting herself in for?
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Good stuff, love it
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Borderline wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 pm Good stuff, love it
Ok 8-)
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

We have plenty of players so all characters have been summoned to Boston central Station where they will have a package waiting for them. Continue here BostonCentral
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're saying Bill and Albert are the only characters who know each other previously as Albert was recruited by Bill.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Presumably Bill has given Albert a lift to Boston, that's a long drive!
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Works for me. Any other characters coming from out of town also have the option to take the train directly to the train station or drive themselves.

Return to “Fear Forgotten”