IC-Ep 3-Breakfast Time(Elizabeth/Jacques/Gui/Jean Luc/Bey Abdu'l)

1517, Auvergne, France: The Duc d'Auvergne is hosting an elaborate gathering culminating in a masquerade ball in his palace in Vyones, to which he has invited quite a few notable people. Travelers from throughout Europe and North Africa are in attendance to see and be seen. But there are some strange unseen things lurking behind the scenes that may put everyone in danger. Can Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and others attending the party unravel the mysteries and prevent madness from reigning supreme?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the sixth of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that includes The Terror Out of Time, The Ninth Planet, The Shadow Over Dunwich, The Brotherhood of Death, and The Horror in the Blackout.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Breakfast Time(Elizabeth/Jacques/Gui/Jean Luc/Bey Abdu'l)

Post by Snapper »

Jacques hastily whispered to Henri before turning back to Leonardo with a look of apology.

"Henri, do you have anything like a Spartan warrior from ancient times? I'm feeling a bit inspired by the Legend of Thermopylae. Anything like an ancient Greek warrior should suffice."

"Sorry, I thought I would solve my masquerade plan early. I am pleased to hear you had a better rest, Master. Did our friend have anything to say this morning that helps unravel his particular mystery? Or is that a conversation for elsewhere?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”I should be most grateful, Henri,” said Gui. ”And if the Chevalier needs some assistance with his costume, we can perhaps find him something appropriate. Like the hindquarters of a baboon, or a dog’s winkle, for example.”
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by Joajackson »

The elderly man considered the option of a masquerade, but finally renounced. He was too conspicous, he would never be able to disguise himself, he also needed his translator for any conversation. He would later ask to Henri for a basic and tasteful red mask.

He observed Leonardo de Lombardia with deep interest, not many old men like themselves existed. At least the bey was proud of being far older.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I believe I have just the thing, Chevalier," said Henri. "I shall point it out to you discreetly, and if it meets your approval, it shall be delivered to your room tonight."

"Alas, I have no new answers from him, only more questions," said Leonardo. "That is perhaps a discussion best had elsewhere, and when he is absent as well. I have a hypothesis, but no proof."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"Ahh Henri, i shall like to see what you have on offer, the more outlandish the better." Jean Luc says with a smile upon his face.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Sparing Gui no more than an arched eyebrow, Jacques turned back to Henri. "I shall be there momentarily, thank you."

He returned to Leonardo. "I must take my murderous horse for a ride or the stalls will resemble a battlefield. Perhaps I can find you later this morning to talk?"

Jacques beckoned a servant to find Mme Bianca, to let her know he was shortly to go riding if she was free to join him. He discreetly tipped the servant a denier in advance for their service. A second (tipped) servant was sent to the stalls to ask that Buttons be saddled.

"Miss Elizabeth, I hope you will excuse me but I must see to Buttons for the moment. I shall find Master Leonardo later this morning."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Elizabeth smiles, “Enjoy your ride out, Chevalier. I’ll meet you later at the master’s studio.” She drops a small curtesy and turns away to catch Henri before he melts into the crowd.
” Dear Henri, do you think there might be a unicorn mask in the wardrobe?”
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Who calls their horse ‘Buttons’?” asked Gui, as the Chevalier headed off in the direction of the stables.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“I suspect the Chevalier is either kind and soft-hearted under that rough, rugged exterior.” Elizabeth smiles. “Or the name is ironic; his horse sounds like a formidable battle-charger.”
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Quite possibly,” replied Gui politely, although he struggled to think of the Chevalier in any other light other than an armour-clad dolt.

”A formidable name would have seemed to have been a better choice, however. Something to strike fear into your enemies on the field of battle, rather than having them snort derisively in your direction…”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"Buttons may link to a very concealed side of our stoic friend." Jean Luc remarks,as he shuffles off after Henri.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”You mean that under that playful exterior doesn’t beat the heart of sadistic maniac? Wonders will never cease,” said Gui, a look of mock horror on his face.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Oblivious to all concerns about his psyche, Jacques strode off after Henri to approve the proposed costume before taking Buttons out.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Elizabeth, feeling very relieved that the play has been cancelled, walks over to Diego to give him the good news.
“Good morning, Sir.” She drops to a whisper, “you’ll be glad to know our metal friend had a peaceful night. And the horrors of the play have been averted, hopefully. We are to have a ball instead.”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Chasing after Henri, Jean Luc asks, " Would you perhapshave a lion mask?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Gui strolled after Henri. ”Let us see what costumes you have, monsieur,” he said, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd be happy to join you for a ride," Bianca said to Jacques with a smile.

"That sounds delightful!" Diego said to Elizabeth with a smile. "I look forward to it."

Giulia smirked behind her fan, but she wasn't really trying to conceal it.

Henri led the group to the chateau's vast wardrobes, where all sorts of costumes and masks were arrayed. While it was not as vast a selection as available in the TARDIS's own wardrobe, which also included many outfits from eras - and worlds - beyond this one, it was still considerable.

"Some of these might be useful for performing Antigone," said Veronique, examining the racks, "but we may want to wear our own costumes to the masquerade."

Henri discreetly indicated a unicorn mask to Elizabeth. It looked like a horse mask with a horn sticking out of its forehead, though it was elegant, and the horn appeared to be genuine ivory.

Henri discreetly pointed out a Greek hoplite's outfit, complete with helmet. The armor looked functional as well as elegant.

Henri stood ready to assist Gui in selecting a costume and mask.

Henri discreetly pointed out a lion mask that was much like what Jean Luc wanted. He also indicated a fur coat of a similar color, if he was interested.

I can't put an apostrophe in the titles of spoiler buttons.

Henri discreetly pointed out a red mask of the sort that Bey Abdu'l would approve.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

Jean Luc's eyes lit up at the sight of the coat and gave Henri a discreet nod of approval.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Jacques nodded happily to Henri. "A most excellent costume, that will suit me very well."

Jacques eyes lit up and his face relaxed into an easy smile at the sight of Bianca. "This morning is turning out most perfect indeed. Mme Bianca, have you heard there is to be a masquerade this evening in lieu of the play?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”I am looking for something quite specific… something with flair… and èlan…” said Gui as he inspected the rails of costumes. He sucked in his stomach and stood taller. ”Something that makes me more magnificent than I already am!”

He raised his eyebrows suggestively.

Return to “The Masque of Nyarlathotep”