IC-Ep 3-Breakfast Time(Elizabeth/Jacques/Gui/Jean Luc/Bey Abdu'l)

1517, Auvergne, France: The Duc d'Auvergne is hosting an elaborate gathering culminating in a masquerade ball in his palace in Vyones, to which he has invited quite a few notable people. Travelers from throughout Europe and North Africa are in attendance to see and be seen. But there are some strange unseen things lurking behind the scenes that may put everyone in danger. Can Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and others attending the party unravel the mysteries and prevent madness from reigning supreme?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the sixth of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that includes The Terror Out of Time, The Ninth Planet, The Shadow Over Dunwich, The Brotherhood of Death, and The Horror in the Blackout.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Breakfast Time(Elizabeth/Jacques/Gui/Jean Luc/Bey Abdu'l)

Post by Philulhu »

BoyBlunder78 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:09 am Listening to the conversations and the words 'blasphemous and phrases like dark aura Jean Luc whispers, "All this intrigue is certainly wetting my appetite for this play."
”It seems we are to be denied, mes ami,” Gui whispered in reply. Le cul de chevaux has spoken and as if by magic, all of the fun has gone away!”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" Yes, it seems to be a most annoying habit he is developing. Sucking the very enjoyment and pleasure from every room he enters. I pity his future wife, no games of cacher la saucisse for her!" Jean Luc responds with a sigh.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”I don’t know,” replied Gui. ”When he takes her for a walk by the boucherie, she probably won’t be able to help herself!”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Jacques bowed again. "Most grateful, Your Grace."

Stepping back, he looked at Elizabeth and Bey Abdul. "Perhaps you might both be able to assist Father Ignacio in studying the play further?" Jacques looked over at the translator. "With some aid translating."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think that's a good idea," said Ignacio. "There is no point now to further study of the play. It can only bring harm. It should be destroyed, lest it spread like a plague."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" By all accounts this play is being performed throughout France, so there must be other copies as this troupe can't be the only ones. Surely forewarned is forearmed and the more we understand the play the greater chance we have of fighting its corrupting influence Father Jean Luc says, eyes fixed on the play in his hands. " Or maybe talking to the players themselves about their motives?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Encouraging people to talk sounds like a job for the Inquisition,” said Gui.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It was only performed once before in France, in Milan," said the Duc.

"That's right," said the Duchesse, "and once in Genoa, whence they hail. They said so at supper last night. He translated the play from Latin himself."

"Studying the play could result in its corrupting influence having an effect on the reader," said Ignacio. "Bey Abdu'l and I have the strength of will to withstand that influence, but most people do not. It is too dangerous. But you are right that we should definitely ask questions of the players. I would expect Enrico Galiano to put in appearance here once he learns the performance isn't going to happen. All we must do is wait for him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Jacques nodded to Father Ignacio. "Of course, Father, in these matters I am a complete novice. And I should not wish Miss Elizabeth unnecessarily exposed to risk to her soul," Jacques looked over to Elizabeth, "nor anyone else." With somewhat less concern, he glanced across at Gui, Jean Luc, and Bey Abdul.

"Waiting for the arrival of the player Galiano is a sound plan and I am interested to see his reaction. If His Grace has no objection."

Jacques looked back to Elizabeth. "I wonder how Master Leonardo is this morning?"
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

The noble persian did a great sign of respect to the Duc and Duchess, that had gained reason. His curiosity did tempted him to keep studying the writings, but he wasnt that foolish to advance blindly into an ambush, physically or mentally.

"Thank you, oh great Duc, you show wisdom as those of a sage, the corruption of the soul is the objective of many a devil, but your actions show your mettle."

"I agree with Priest Ignacio, no good could come from further study beyond what is know. If no one is against, I shall keep the tome for safekeeping, for my sword is rusty, but can break bones as in youth."

"I shall retire to my room, if no one is against it, at least for half an hour, as I wish to write down this tale into my diaries when the memory is hot. Your showings of faithfullness are deeply interesting to my hearth. Then I shall return, and join you, Chevalier Jacques and Priest Ignacio, to meet the actor."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”Your Grace, I would be honoured to offer my services as a witness to events, if required,” Gui said with a deep bow.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" As i your Grace, for there is prudence in numbers." Jean Luc says as he to bows.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," said the Duc. "You are all welcome to remain."

"I had best hold onto the play," said Ignacio to Bey Abdu'l. "It was entrusted to me. If you retire to your chambers for half an hour, you will miss the actor. He will probably be here in a few moments."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Gui made himself comfortable and waited for the show to begin.
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

"I wonder what Master Da Vinci and his...friend are upto. Surpised not see him at breakfast." Jean Luc says as he looks around the room.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC-Ep 3-Breakfast Time(Elizabeth/Jacques/Gui/Jean Luc/Bey Abdu’l)

Post by Philulhu »

”I suspect he’s the type who could lose himself in his work and then realise he hasn’t slept for days,” replied Gui. He surreptitiously looked around the room to see if there was any danger of a drink being provided while they waited.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

The old man really didnt want to give Father Ignacio the tome, for it was better for a proper follower of Allah, but he accepted to give it back and as such remained in place. At this point, he told his translator to bring him his diary and writing implements, he would transcribe the recent conversations, and the scene with the Duc.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

“Bravo, Chevalier, well said.” Elizabeth whispers to him. “ I can’t believe that Enrico Galiano is ignorant about the play but what his intentions are I can’t imagine. Be prepared for trouble once he’s told it’s to be cancelled.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There were plenty of refreshments available for the guests to enjoy while they waited. They didn't have to wait long. Before long, Enrico Galiano came striding into the chamber, tailed by Henri. The middle-aged, stout, bald man with the black goatee's face was red. "You can't cancel the performance!" he protested.

"I can," said the Duc. "I have."

"But...but the show must go on!"

"No, it must not. The Inquisitor here has determined that it is blasphemous, and I will not have anything like that under my roof. My decision is final."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

The Bey stood just at the side of the inquisitors, looking approvingly at the actions of the duke.

He spoke to his translator, in Azeri, that presumably was also just a his side, in a low voice.

"When appropiate, we shall also say Bey Abdu'l Fadl Benham also determined its dark aura, and that his writings would not be considered acceptable to Ala. In this I agree with the christians, and we must ensure it is clear, not let them get strange ideas, as they are prone to have them."

Return to “The Masque of Nyarlathotep”