IC-Ep 3-Breakfast Time(Elizabeth/Jacques/Gui/Jean Luc/Bey Abdu'l)

1517, Auvergne, France: The Duc d'Auvergne is hosting an elaborate gathering culminating in a masquerade ball in his palace in Vyones, to which he has invited quite a few notable people. Travelers from throughout Europe and North Africa are in attendance to see and be seen. But there are some strange unseen things lurking behind the scenes that may put everyone in danger. Can Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and others attending the party unravel the mysteries and prevent madness from reigning supreme?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the sixth of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that includes The Terror Out of Time, The Ninth Planet, The Shadow Over Dunwich, The Brotherhood of Death, and The Horror in the Blackout.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Breakfast Time(Elizabeth/Jacques/Gui/Jean Luc/Bey Abdu'l)

Post by Joajackson »

"And Alla shall make it forever so, I can say on my honour."

Spoke the old man, a complete believer on the divinity of the cause of the Safavid order.

"Mister Leonardo, I wish for my last days to be driven to rememberance. Of my home I have written much, and so of the east and south, from the sun emperor of the island of Nippon to the markets of Zanzibar, not so much of the west and the frankish plains. Now, a man of such learning and contacts as you, would be a greatly appreciated adjuction to this collection. I would be honoured if you could grant me trough your surely charismatic tales, your memoirs of these lands, my assistant writing it down. The book, including yours and many others tales, shall be sent to the great library of Bagdad."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"It would be helpful to know something of the script so that we can listen out for it." Elizabeth says to Gui and Jean Luc. "I would ask the Illustrious Bey but he is deep in a conversation with Master Leonardo. It may be a long one by the looks of it."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”I have known the Bey for but a short time, but I have already formed an opinion that brevity is not his strongest suite,” said Gui. ”He is likely to talk for some time!”

”Was the manuscript not in Father Ignacio’s possession? He would need to read it in order to share the details with us.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ignacio had not accompanied the group to the wardrobe. Apparently he wanted nothing to do with the masquerade.

"I have not been to Nippon," said Leonardo. "My travels have been nowhere near as extensive as yours, but I will gladly tell you what I know. I am very familiar with Milan, having lived there for a long time. I am relatively new to France. Alas, my age makes travel difficult. I would have liked to see the New World, of which I have heard many wondrous things."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Well, now that we have our costumes in order, shall we look for Father Ignacio?" Elizabeth asks Gui and Jean Luc.
Last edited by aine on Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”Why not?” quipped Gui. ”It can only make the day go quicker, can it not?”
BoyBlunder78
Disciple
Disciple

Post by BoyBlunder78 »

" True, we find him in the company of the players They weren't too happy about the er...good Lord's interference...." Jean Luc remarks.
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

"Master Leonardo, in my land this new world to the west is nothing to our minds but wild rumours. Even your second hand would be of great value to the libraries of Bagdad."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course," said Leonardo. "Well, the New World didn't have any horses until the Spanish brought them. But it does have many other strange beasts from what I hear, and there is talk of plenty of gold and silver."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Joajackson »

well, I dont think it would be of any value describing an interview of Leonardo about his life in Milan.

"Wild beast so you say? I have heard many tales of the great beasts of the africa from Christians, and they tend to be far wilder that the actual creatures, but also much more mundane, the unicorn's horn is a simple bone, but the animal is twice as wide as a horse and completely scaly grey. I wouldnt be surprised if the creatures from the west are similar in kind. In any case, can we move this conversation to a proper hall? So my servant is able to write on your marvelous tales of Milan."
Last edited by Joajackson on Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

I think I’d better go, this conversation might get awkward. Elizabeth thinks to herself. I hope no one remembers about the Narnian unicorns.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let us all return to the Great Hall," said Henri, leading the way. "From there, you can get to wherever you'd like to go next."

Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:

Tempus Fugit
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Masque of Nyarlathotep”