IC-Ep 3-Settling In(Bey Abdu'l only)

1517, Auvergne, France: The Duc d'Auvergne is hosting an elaborate gathering culminating in a masquerade ball in his palace in Vyones, to which he has invited quite a few notable people. Travelers from throughout Europe and North Africa are in attendance to see and be seen. But there are some strange unseen things lurking behind the scenes that may put everyone in danger. Can Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and others attending the party unravel the mysteries and prevent madness from reigning supreme?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the sixth of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that includes The Terror Out of Time, The Ninth Planet, The Shadow Over Dunwich, The Brotherhood of Death, and The Horror in the Blackout.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Settling In(Bey Abdu'l only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Duc's Palace, Guest Quarters - Vyones, Auvergne, France
8:30 AM - Tuesday, April 21, 1517

Henri led the entourage to a guest suite. There were two bedrooms, one on either side of the central chamber, and the quarters were luxurious. A bowl of fruit and a plate of cheeses, as well as a flagon of wine and two glasses, were on a table in this room. The chateau servants brought in the baggage and set it down where they were directed.

"There is one bedroom for yourself and one for your servant, Great Bey," said Henri. "Help yourself to the food that's been set out for you, and if you want more, or if you need anything else, just pull on the rope to summon a servant and make your request known. You are also free to come down to the Great Hall for breakfast. While most of our guests have already eaten, there is still plenty of food left. Is there anything else you need from me while I am here? Otherwise, I shall return when the Duc is ready to receive visitors."

The medic translated for Bey Abdu'l.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Settling In(Bey Abdu'l only)

Post by Joajackson »

The noble observed the room with attention and proper pride, until he observed a certain element in the room... Wine. With disgust in His face, he spoke.

"This christians... Insult us. Inform them quite clearly my total displeasure over this. They dare offer me wine!? Me!? Has the moor Abdullah not informed of this crime to their invitees? I shall move to take a breakfast away from this room, and when I return, I expect no more of this terrible insults. And I expect only to be served proper drink, one that isnt a insult!"

The man spoke in Azeri, but his almost spitting visage was quite clearly in his opinion, even before it was translated.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The Great Bey does not drink alcohol," said the translator more calmly. "It would be a sin for him. He is extremely upset by this insult and wishes only proper drink, never wine."

"My apologies," said Henri, moving quickly to take the flagon of wine and remove it from the room. "The servant who left it here did so out of ignorance of whose room this was to be, and no offense was intended. I shall see to it that this is not repeated. What would the Great Bey like to drink instead? If we have it, it shall be his."

The servant translated this to Azeri.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Joajackson
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 1 year 7 months

Post by Joajackson »

"Water, never cold and without any fruit, my weak teeth hurt with those. Now, lets go to Great Hall, I want to eat and see if I can find someone to converse calmly in this mansion, I am so tired."

The elderly man cleaned cold sweat from his brow, too many strong emotions for so little time. He was still fine enough to do more, but Bey Abdu'l really was annoyed by his weakness.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It shall be done," said Henri once the medic had translated. He led Bey Abdu'l and his servant down to the great hall.

Bey Abdu'l is moving to the thread linked below:

Breakfast Time
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Masque of Nyarlathotep”