IC-Ep 3-Late Risers(Story/Brook)

1517, Auvergne, France: The Duc d'Auvergne is hosting an elaborate gathering culminating in a masquerade ball in his palace in Vyones, to which he has invited quite a few notable people. Travelers from throughout Europe and North Africa are in attendance to see and be seen. But there are some strange unseen things lurking behind the scenes that may put everyone in danger. Can Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and others attending the party unravel the mysteries and prevent madness from reigning supreme?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the sixth of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that includes The Terror Out of Time, The Ninth Planet, The Shadow Over Dunwich, The Brotherhood of Death, and The Horror in the Blackout.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Late Risers(Story/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

TARDIS Control Room
8:15 AM - Tuesday, April 21, 1517

Brook busied herself playing a video game on one of the TARDIS consoles while she waited for Story to get dressed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
StarSpawn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Late Risers(Story/Brook)

Post by StarSpawn »

*Groggily* "Queen to King's Knight 6...I believe that's checkma..." "Wait...what the...?"

*Blinks aggressively in rapid succession*

"Oh my! Apparently, this latest incarnation of me is a SLEEPY HEAD!"
"Girls? What time is it out there? Girls?"

Story was up reading for - apparently - FAR too long last night, researching and pondering this hellish play and now is possibly coming so late to the party that her friends might be in dire need by now.

While *Thinking to herself* A Time Lord and still late...ridiculous, Story! No more skipping dinners!, Story will clean-up and dress as fast as she can, although frustrated as she is still a little flummoxed by the tricky female wear. Then proceed to gather her things and rather fumblingly sprawl out of her room looking slightly disheveled.

"Brook...What are you doing? Why didn't you wake me?" *looks around frantically* "Where's Liz?"

OOC:   Sorry for being MIA everyone. I am back in the game now.  

@Mr. Handy:
Spoiler:
Given the absurd delay since my last post, I am deciding that Story got lost in reading and stayed up almost until it was time to rise. I would like for her to have determined/discovered SOME kind of defense against the rumored madness-inducing effects of the play. Either some fancy alien self-hypnosis, or Zen psychic bolstering technique, or a special mind-piercing setting on the sonic screwdriver, or specially treated jelly-babies or celery that can shake people out of being mentally assaulted by the thing. If possible to have something that could effect others in this way, she would also have spent some time acquiring/preparing this solution to the upcoming trouble.
Don't make me bare my bodkin! 🐙
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Is there still such a thing as time inside the TARDIS?" asked Brook, putting her game on pause. She checked her watch. "It's about 10:00 AM. Elizabeth went down to breakfast, but I just grabbed a snack from the food dispenser and waited for you. I didn't want to wake you up, in case you needed more sleep. You know, time lag. I kind of lost track of time too. I got caught up trying to stop the Cybermen from invading Earth."

From your research the night before, you know that the only way to prevent the mind-altering effects of exposure to The King in Yellow is not to witness the performance. It has a tremendous power over the mind, and not even Time Lords are safe from such things. Psychoanalysis could be used to mitigate the damage after the fact, and Hypnosis may be able to cause someone to resist it better - if you had the relevant skills.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
StarSpawn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Post by StarSpawn »

"Yes, girl! Time is ALWAYS a thing. Now let those Cybermen invade that Earth and let's get going before all our friends lose their minds..."

Story will steady herself and her things, and begin ushering Brook out the door of the TARDIS.

"I presume we're too late for breakfast, but we have to find the others. We need a plan...let's track them down."

Story will be seeking her compadres (esp Leonardo) en route to wherever breakfast would be/have been as a starting point for locating them...
Don't make me bare my bodkin! 🐙
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, the game's on pause," said Brook as Story ushered her out of the TARDIS. "I can just finish it later. That would be neat, though, to be able to stop time like that."

The two of them proceeded downstairs to the Great Hall, where breakfast would have been served. The table had been cleared, but there were still a couple of servants standing around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin