Timeline

1517, Auvergne, France: The Duc d'Auvergne is hosting an elaborate gathering culminating in a masquerade ball in his palace in Vyones, to which he has invited quite a few notable people. Travelers from throughout Europe and North Africa are in attendance to see and be seen. But there are some strange unseen things lurking behind the scenes that may put everyone in danger. Can Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and others attending the party unravel the mysteries and prevent madness from reigning supreme?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the sixth of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that includes The Terror Out of Time, The Ninth Planet, The Shadow Over Dunwich, The Brotherhood of Death, and The Horror in the Blackout.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Timeline

Post by Mr. Handy »

March 9: Leo X becomes Pope following Pope Julius II
June 6: Swiss mercenaries defeat the French at the Battle of Novara and take Milan, restoring Duke Massimiliano Sforza
July 22: Christian II becomes King of Denmark and Norway
August 16: English and allied troops defeat the French at the Battle of the Spurs
August 22: England captures Therouanne
September 9: King James IV of Scotland is slain in the Battle of Flodden. James V becomes king
October 7: Spain defeats Venetian forces at the Battle of La Motta
December: King Louis XII of France makes peace with the Spain and the Pope

March: King Louis XII of France makes peace with Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I
July 20: Christian II is crowned King of Norway
August 7: King Henry VIII of England makes peace with France, with the help of Thomas Wolsey
September 15: Thomas Wolsey is made Archbishop of York
October 9: King Louis XII marries Mary Tudor, sister of Henry VIII, as part of the peace agreement
December 24: King Louis XII suffers a case of gout

January 1: King Louis XII of France dies
January 25: Francis I is crowned King of France
May 13: Queen Mary Tudor of France marries Duke Charles Brandon in Greenwich, England
July 22: At the First Congress of Vienna, Prince Louis, heir to King Vladislaus I of Hungary, marries Mary of Austria, whose grandfather is Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I, and her brother Archduke Ferdinand marries the king's daughter Anna.
September 13-14: France defeats the Swiss with help from Venice and takes Milan at the Battle of Marignano
November 15: Thomas Wolsey is made Carindal
December 24: Cardinal Wolsey becomes Lord Chancellor of England

January 23: Charles I becomes King of Spain upon the death of Ferdinand II of Aragon
July: The Ottoman Empire goes to war with the Mamluk Sultante and invades Syria
August 13: King Francis I of France makes peace with the new king of Spain in the Treaty of Noyon
August 18: King Francis I reaches an agreement with Pope Leo X, the Concordat of Bologna, establishing the relationship between Church and State in France
December 4: France signs the Treaty of Brussels, making peace between France and the Holy Roman Empire

January 22: The Ottoman Empire defeats the Mamluk army at the Battle of Ridaniya in Egypt
February 3: The Ottoman Empire takes Cairo, ending the Mamluk Sultanate
March 16: The Fifth Council of the Lateran concludes
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “The Masque of Nyarlathotep”