Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-The Artist's Repose(Jean Luc only)

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Duc's Palace, Guest Quarters - Vyones, Auvergne, France
9:40 PM - Monday, April 20, 1517

Jean Luc returned to his guest suite.

Things may still be going on in the other threads, so if you are not doing anything further tonight, there may be some delay before we get to the next day.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Artist's Repose(Jean Luc only)

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:52 pm
by BoyBlunder78
Lying on his bed Jean Luc thinks over the days events, the automaton, the evening meal with the actors......his own brush with death. Wondering what delights await Jim the following the day.
I wonder what this play will be like thinking:   talking to the troupe it sounds like its thrown together on a wing and prayer which means it could be the most amazing sublime play ever concieved......or a steaming pile of donkey dung. I look forward to finding out.  

Sitting up suddenly swinging his legs off the bed he thinks back to Gui just appearing in the secret passage after his 'mission from god' "This whole building is riddled with secret passages, i wonder if my room also has one? I dont like the idea of anyone spying or sneaking up on me as i rest." he mutters to himself as he stands up, stroking his beard and slowly works his way around his room.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy

Jean Luc, please roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:48 am
by BoyBlunder78
1d100
OOC:   squeaked it....  

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Since Jean Luc knew what to look for, he was able to find the hidden catch that opened the entrance to the secret passages.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:34 am
by BoyBlunder78
"Mon Dieu! Just as i suspected!" whispered Jean Luc as he grabbed a candelabra and slowly entered the passage.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy
The passage was dark, extending to the left and the right. Without the candlelight, Jean Luc wouldn't have been able to see much at all.

Jean Luc, please roll Listen and Spot Hidden.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:54 am
by BoyBlunder78
OOC:   Could i spend 6 luck to make Spot hidden a success?  
1d100

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:53 am
by Mr. Handy

I'm sorry, but this is 6th edition, and there's no spending Luck.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:24 am
by BoyBlunder78
  Ahhh, sorry, my bad.......Swine.... :D
What else are the main differences between 6th and 7th?  

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy

The other main differences I know of are that 7th edition multiplied all stats by 5, bonus and penalty dice, and added pushing rolls, which is also not in 6th edition. I'm sure there are others, but I'm not that familiar with them. For that reason, and also because I'm not fond of some of the changes and I'm in the middle of a campaign, I've stuck with 6th edition, though I do have the 7th edition rules and have played in some 7th edition games.

You can't see or hear anything, so you're free to act as you wish. If you want to try to get your bearings, please roll Navigate.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:41 pm
by BoyBlunder78
OOC:   of course because it went so well last time.... :lol:  
1d100

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc was lucky he could find his way around the chateau using the normal halls. He had no idea where these secret passages led.

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:52 am
by BoyBlunder78
"Mon Dieu why must they insist on making these chateaus look the same, no character, no joyeux de vivre, always soo bland its a wonder that anyine can find anything in this place!" cursed Jean Luc as he wandered down another corridor.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:58 am
by Mr. Handy

Jean Luc, please roll Luck.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:50 am
by BoyBlunder78
1d100

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc wandered around the secret passages for a while and was now quite lost.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:57 am
by BoyBlunder78
Cursing his luck...and poor decision making...Jean Luc vowed to never again let his curiosity get the better of him as he wanders the passages.." First the box....now this....all i want is my bed ."

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy

Jean Luc, please roll Idea.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:36 am
by BoyBlunder78
OOC:   Letts be praised!!  
1d100

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:00 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc realized that he could retrace his steps by following the footprints he left in the dust, which he could see by the light of the candelabra. He could also exit the passages at any place, as the secret doors with their peepholes and latches were not concealed on this side.

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:23 am
by BoyBlunder78
Jean Luc walks to the closest peep hole, takes a deep breath, crosses his heart and looks through....

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc could see a single room rather than a suite. It was deserted and dark at the moment, but it showed signs of recent occupation.

Roll to see which room it is:
1d20

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:14 am
by BoyBlunder78
He gently presses the latch and slowly enters the room, his curiosity once again gaining the upper hand.....

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc slipped into the room. Wine and cheese had been left on the table, apparently by a servant, but nobody was in the room other than him. The only other exit besides the secret passage was a door in the opposite wall that probably led to the hall. No personal belongings appeared to have been left here.

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:52 am
by BoyBlunder78
Moving slowly through the room, closing the passage behind him,)making note of its location) Jean Luc makes his way to the door and carefully opens it, looking to see if the coast is clear and to slip out into the passage.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Jean Luc, please roll Luck.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:58 am
by BoyBlunder78
Certainly.....oh bother....

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc saw the servant Henri walking down the hall. Fortunately, the man didn't seem to have noticed him yet.

Henri's Spot Hidden roll:
d%

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:31 am
by BoyBlunder78
OOC:   Is he heading towards the room or just walking down the corridor?  

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Just walking down the corridor. If you don't interrupt him, he'll be gone soon.

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:49 am
by BoyBlunder78
Closing the door, Jean Luc waits, listening for the man servant to make his way past the room. Hoping to enter the corridor as soon as the way is clear.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
The servant's footsteps faded into the distance, and Jean Luc was able to slip out into the corridor, which was one of the ones in the guest wing of the chateau.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:15 am
by BoyBlunder78
"Right, that's enough snooping tonight, i really could use my bed" He mutters to himself as he attempts to fund his room.....again.

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc was able to get his bearings now that he was in the regular hallways, especially with servants happy to guide him to his own room. He was soon back there.

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:12 pm
by BoyBlunder78
After loxking the his door and making sure that the secret passage entrance was well and truly blocked Jean Luc finally decided to get some rest as he felt all.his strength and senses would be needed the following day.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy

I'll leave the thread here. When the other threads are all done for the night, I'll move things forward to the morning.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:30 pm
by BoyBlunder78
Perfect 🥰

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Jean Luc fell asleep quickly. Because of the time spent during his nocturnal wanderings, he slept later than usual. It was a couple of hours past dawn when he awakened.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:28 am
by BoyBlunder78
Awakening refreshed, from a long night of wandering around corridors and dreams of automatons lurking around secret passages Jean Luc makes way to his basin, splashing cold water into his face. " Time to get dressed and have a hearty petit dejeuner. I wonder if the others are already there? I feel.today could be an interesting day, quite looking forward to the play today. Look at you
talking to yourself like le fou."
He says shaking his head, before getting dressed ,grabbing his cane and leaving his room.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy
When Jean Luc stepped out into the hall, he saw Gui some distance down it, speaking with two men in turbans. One of them was very, very old, and he was leaning on the younger one. The old man's turban was red, and he looked like someone of importance. The servant Henri was with them, and behind them were a couple of other servants carrying baggage.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:53 pm
by BoyBlunder78
"Ahh mon ami!! Bon matin!" Jean Luc said upon seeing Gui marching purposefully towards them. " We have an interesting day ahead of us non?"

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Jean Luc is moving to the thread linked below:

The Gathering