IC-Ep 4-Just the Facts(Archie Pennyfeather only)

Reverend Archie Pennyfeather and Phyllis Cruckshank face a deadly confrontation with the Steadmans and the horror they summon from beyond. Then Story and his friends must banish the Father of All Bats before it claims one of them as a host.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-Just the Facts(Archie Pennyfeather only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

St. Bartholomew's Hospital - London, England
7:00 AM - Wednesday, September 11, 1940

Shortly after Phyllis left, a tall, balding man in his forties with a rumpled coat over a suit and tie came into Archie's room. "Reverend Pennyfeather?" he asked, showing him his warrant card. "I'm Detective Inspector Ned Moss, from Scotland Yard. I'd like to ask you a few questions about what happened to you last night, if you're up to them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Just the Facts(Archie Pennyfeather only)

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

Archie smiles amicably at the inspector, as he looks sickly and injured in his bed. "How do you do, Inspector. I'm honoured to have a senior officer from Scotland Yard. I cannot tell you how highly I regard the Metropolitan Police, and Scotland Yard is the very yardstick the rest of the civilised world's police measure themselves by."

"I shall be happy to assist but I fear my little case is small potatoes, I can only imagine an officer of your rank and experience should be out chasing Nazi spies and the like."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," said Detective Inspector Moss, smiling back, "but Nazi spies are not my department. Your case is quite serious to me, and I intend to get to the bottom of it and bring your assailant to justice. I already spoke to the nurses who brought you back, and they were able to confirm that the shooting occurred in East London, which makes it my jurisdiction rather than that of the City of London Police." He took out a notepad and a pencil. "Why don't you tell me what happened, Reverend Pennyfeather, in your own words?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

"I'll do my best, Inspector, but it's all rather hazy. Perhaps it was the blood loss, I not sure, but my recollections of last night will lack some details."

"What I can tell you is that Mrs Phyllis Cruckshank, a worthy stalwart of the Women's Institute, and I were at the Liverpool Street underground station when we saw a lady of our acquaintance, a Mrs Madeline Steadman, and her husband, Major James Steadman, walking off during the air raid. I do not know the Major personally but I understand he is a serving RAF officer and he lost a leg in the war."

"Both had been under a lot of added strain recently due to Mrs Steadman's mother's ill health, and I have been slightly involved in a professional capacity with the mother and her treatment. We chased after the two, fearing for their lives in the raid. Here it gets rather disjointed."

"I can tell you I recall Major Steadman taking some young lad prisoner at gun-point. Some boy up to no good, possibly looting, but of course that does not justify the Major's action. I recall pleading with the Major to let the boy go. And at some point after that, the Major shot me. I think the boy got away though."

"I have no idea what happened after that."

"I suspect his experiences in battle have sadly unhinged the Major. I bear him no ill will and of course forgive him. I do, however, believe he is now a danger to himself and others."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I see," said Detective Inspector Moss, writing in his notepad. "And how are you acquainted with the Steadmans?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

"Well, I am only slightly acquainted with Mrs Steadman and had never met the Major before last night."

"Until I receive my next ship posting, I'm stationed here at Bart's, which is somewhat ironic given my new circumstances. My role is to provide spiritual counsel to patients and their families. An alienist of my acquaintance, Anna Jerkin, is treating a Mrs Catharine Exeter as an admitted patient at Maxwell's Sanitarium. Mrs Exeter is of unsound mind with little hope of any recovery, poor soul."

"Mrs Exeter is Mrs Steadman's mother. Mrs Exeter escaped a few days ago but was located and returned. I had cause then to speak to her daughter to try to provide some solace. That is about the full extent of my acquaintance with Mrs Steadman."
OOC, Archie is trying to be as truthful as he dare. There may be mistakes in the above but only because I can't remember all the details exactly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Reverend," said Detective Inspector Moss, putting the notepad and pencil away, apparently satisfied. "Madeline Steadman is a patient in this very hospital, as it happens. She reported that she and her husband were caught in the air raid, and he was killed in it, though his remains have not been found. She herself was badly injured."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

Archie doesn't have to feign surprise. "Gracious me. Thank the Lord. I am relieved to hear she has survived but, despite all, sorry to hear about the Major."

"When the world seems to be on fire, we have to keep remembering every death matters. Thank you again Inspector."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're welcome, and thank you for your help," said Moss. "It's especially tragic that we lost an excellent pilot. He was due to go up against the Gerries this morning. If we're going to win this war, we'll need all the help we can get. I believe that closes this case, then. If there's nothing else, I'll take my leave."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

"Thank you Inspector, your work is much appreciated." Archie lies back in his bed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC, [b]Archie[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
In Hospital
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”