Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 4-Darkness Falls Again(Everyone else)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:32 am
by Mr. Handy
THE HORROR IN THE BLACKOUT
EPISODE 4
Maxwell's Sanitarium - London, England
8:00 PM - Tuesday, September 10, 1940

The explosions were very close now, the blasts causing the room to shake and plaster to flake off from the ceiling. Then the lights went out, plunging the cellar into darkness except for the few candles and lanterns that were lit near Eugene and Angus.
Eugene Thomson,[b]Eugene[/b] felt an urge to go back to the warehouse again, stronger than the night before. However, he was still able to resist the call. [spoiler]Resistance Table roll (unknown POW of 4 vs. [b]Eugene[/b]'s POW 9: 25% chance): 0[/spoiler]
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.

Re: IC-Ep 4-Darkness Falls(Everyone else)

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:42 am
by jp1885
Fighting the urge to panic, Eugene gropes for a flashlight.

“Mustn’t... go... to the... warehouse...” he mutters through gritted teeth.
Spot hidden 65 extreme success,0

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:43 pm
by Mephistophilis
Anna Spot Hidden 40%,0
OOC:   Success  
As the lights go out Anna rushes over to the candles and lamps, ensuring they are lit and well supplied with oil. Seeing Eugene's expression she tries to reassure him, 'Look at me Eugene, breathe, slowly, in and out, keep focusing on me. We're okay, we've got the lights, measured breaths, in and out.'
OOC,Psychoanalysis to help calm him down?If so 90% 1

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Eugene and Anna both saw Catherine Exeter slip into the water closet and shut the door behind her.
OOC,[b]Eugene[/b] is still suffering from his phobia, as its previous suppression has worn off. However, you manage to calm him down for now. He can act normally as long as there's at least some light.

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:49 pm
by jp1885
Clutching his flashlght, Eugene shivers as he watches the witch. He elbows Anna and Angus.

"Our enemy is on the move," he hisses. "If we're going to stop her, the time is now."

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:25 pm
by Mephistophilis
Seeing Catherine Exeter enter the makeshift privy Anna grabs an electric torch and hurries over, berating the orderlies, 'I told you not to let her go in there alone!' She tugs on the door.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
"We didn't see," said one of the orderlies. "The lights went out."

The door opened at Anna's pull. It didn't have a lock. Catherine Exeter looked back, startled. "I need to use the water closet," she said. "I would appreciate some privacy."

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:56 pm
by Mephistophilis
Anna summons one of the orderlies, 'This lady is on close observations', she partially closes the door to the water closet so that Catherine Exeter is only just visible, 'I'm afraid you cannot be out of sight of the staff at present, but we'll try our best to give you some privacy.'

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Catherine grumbled, but she did nothing more about it. She relieved herself and then emerged from the water closet.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:06 pm
by jp1885
With the witch hopefully kept under observation, Eugene checks to see how Angus is faring.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
Angus was huddled near one of the lanterns, trembling in fear.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:06 am
by jp1885
Unable to look at the witch any longer, Eugene sits next to Angus.

“It’s alright mate, it’s alright,” he says, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder and hoping the sergeant can’t feel his own shivers.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy
"As long as we have light, we'll be safe," said Angus, nodding.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:50 pm
by jp1885
Listen 45 extreme success,0
Eugene pricks up his ears, fear heightening his senses.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:54 pm
by Mephistophilis
Anna Listen 25%,0
'What was that?' asks Anna.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
Eugene and Anna could clearly hear the telephone ringing upstairs. The phone line was apparently still working even though the electrical line was not.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:16 pm
by Mephistophilis
'I'm going to answer the phone, keep an eye on the witch' says Anna and she heads upstairs.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:24 am
by jp1885
Eugene nods grimly.

“I will. Please be careful up there.”

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Anna answered the phone in the reception area.
Anna Jerkins,“Oh, [b]Dr. Jerkins[/b], it’s [b]Mrs. Cruckshank[/b] here,” [b]Phyllis[/b] spoke rather breathlessly. “Is everyone alright there? The Reverend and I are at St. Bart's Hospital; the Reverend has been shot but they’re going to operate straight away. It was [b]Major Steadman[/b]. But, [b]Dr. Jerkins[/b], we’ve seen it; we’ve seen the great big bat beast and it was horrible; we were nearly done in! It flew off with the Major and it’s loose in London; it might come your way.”
Eugene Thomson,Please roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:16 am
by jp1885
Spot hidden 65 pass,0
Something catches Eugene’s eye.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:22 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Poor Reverend Pennyfeather!' gasps Anna. 'It sounds as though the Major was up to his neck in things Mrs Cruckshank. We're well over here, for the moment at least. The power has gone in the hospital so we are relying on candles and lanterns. Mrs Exeter looks like she is up to something so I had better get back downstairs. I do hope the Reverend pulls through and the bat stays away from the sanatorium.'

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy
Eugene Thomson,Though it was dark in the basement outside of the circle of light around him, [b]Eugene[/b] saw [b]Catherine Exeter[/b] go back inside the water closet and shut the door behind her.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm
by jp1885
Eugene nudges Angus.
"The witch is up to something; she's gone into the privy again."

Clutching a flashlight, he moves up to the orderlies.
"Excuse me, but I need the loo, but that woman's snuck off in there again. I hope she's not trying to escape like last time!"

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Eugene Thomson,"Oh, [i]she[/i]'s trying to escape, is she?" said the orderly, whom [b]Eugene[/b] recognized as one of the ones who had thwarted his own escape attempt. "Are you sure you're not just trying to distract us so [i]you[/i] can escape? She's in a corner. She can't possibly get out from there." [spoiler][b]Eugene[/b], please roll Fast Talk.[/spoiler]
Anna Jerkins,“I’m glad you’re all okay," said [b]Phyllis[/b]. "Would you mind asking [b]Eugene[/b] and [b]Sergeant MacDonald[/b]; well, you see, That dratted bat had its tail wrapped around my waist and, and I’m a bit worried I might be susceptible to its influence now. Could you ask them their opinion? I’d be very much obliged. I’ll let you go, dear; you know where to find me. Oh, I used my hurricane lamp to frighten the bat away so keep the lamps burning! Goodbye!” With that, the call disconnected.

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:47 pm
by jp1885
“I’m not going to escape, I just need a Jimmy-Riddle!”
Fast talk 65,0
He bangs on the toilet door.

“We know what you’re up to!”

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:11 pm
by Mephistophilis
Hurrying back downstairs, Anna tells Sergeant MacDonald that the others have seen the beast, 'Keep those lights burning.'. She looks around, 'Where's Eugene?'

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
"You wait your turn," said the orderly.

Anna reached the basement again and saw the commotion over at the water closet, where an orderly was blocking Eugene from accessing it. There was a rumbling sound, and the room shook.

"Ooh, that was a big one," said Angus, huddling near a lantern.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:22 am
by jp1885
“Let go of me!” Eugene yells desperately. “She’s escaping!”

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:19 am
by Mephistophilis
Anna marches over to the water closet. 'Did I not make it clear that Mrs Exeter should be observed at all times?' She knocks and opens the door a crack.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
"It wouldn't be proper for me to open the door," said the orderly, "her being a woman and all. Besides, where's she going to go?"

Anna opened the door and looked inside. There was no sign of Catherine Exeter. However, the wall had been split where the seam had been, forming a narrow opening through which someone could fit that stretched out into darkness.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:08 am
by Mephistophilis
'Get the lanterns' shouts Anna, 'She's escaped again!'

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
The orderly scurried over to where Eugene was and picked up the two lanterns. "How is it even possible?" he wondered aloud. "The bombs couldn't have done that!"

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:04 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Eugene, Sargent, bring the candles, you both stay here, you have your torch Eugene', she gestures to the orderly to give her a lantern, 'Follow me.' Anna shines the lantern into the crack and begins to make her way in.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:47 pm
by jp1885
“Be careful...” says Eugene, glaring at the orderlies.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:57 pm
by Mr. Handy
The orderly handed one of the lanterns to Anna and followed her through the crack while Eugene and Angus waited near the lit candles. The narrow passage went on for a short distance before opening up into a walkway stretching left and right along a stream in a sewer. She smelled it before she saw it. In the distance to the right was the small light of a candle flame.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:28 pm
by Mephistophilis
Whispering to the orderly Anna says, 'Come on, let's see this through' as they head towards the candle.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Anna[/b], please roll Idea.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:29 pm
by Mephistophilis
Anna pauses for a second.
Idea 70%,0

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Anna Jerkins,[b]Anna[/b] knew that if [b]Catherine[/b] looked back, she would see their lit lanterns instantly. The light could not be hidden in the darkness. They could turn them off to avoid the possibility, relying on the light of [b]Catherine[/b]'s candle to see, but then they risked stumbling in the dark.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:33 pm
by Mephistophilis
She realises that Catherine Exeter will know they're pursuing her by the light of their lanterns, but there's no way Anna is shuttering the light with the bat-thing on the loose.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy
The candle was moving away at a walking pace. Anna and the orderly were able to move faster as they began to follow Catherine along the walkway.
OOC,[b]Anna[/b], please roll Sneak.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:40 pm
by Mephistophilis
Gesturing to the orderly, Anna moves rapidly towards the candle flame, hoping to reach the woman before she notices the light from their lanterns.
Sneak 50%,0

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:25 am
by Mr. Handy
There was another rumbling, and the passage sealed itself up behind Anna and the orderly.
OOC,[b]Anna[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Greater Escape
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
Inmates