IC-Ep 4-Endgame(Everyone else)

Reverend Archie Pennyfeather and Phyllis Cruckshank face a deadly confrontation with the Steadmans and the horror they summon from beyond. Then Story and his friends must banish the Father of All Bats before it claims one of them as a host.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Queensway, Bayswater - London, England
11:30 AM - Wednesday, September 11, 1940

Story, Phyllis, and Anna took the Underground from St. Paul's Station to Queensway and surfaced. They walked down the street until they got to the street going north that led to the Steadmans' house. Opposite that street, they saw a sidewalk cafe where Elizabeth, Brook, and Archie were seated at a table watching the street.

"Welcome back," said Elizabeth. "Did everything go all right?"

"The Father of All Bats is no more," said Story, approaching. He held a battered trilby hat in one hand. "Dr. Jerkins managed to banish it with the Dagger of Thoth, though the dagger went with it. Eugene was injured, but he survived. He's getting treated at St. Bart's. He wanted you to have this, Brook, in thanks for saving his life." He passed her the hat.

"Cool," said Brook, though apart from Story and Elizabeth, nobody was quite sure what she meant by the word. She placed the hat on her head.

"It looks cute," said Elizabeth. "Madeline Steadman did return home. We've been watching the street, but we haven't seen her yet. Or her mother."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

Archie holds a hand on his injured chest.

"You are all brave people who have battled for good over evil. And it has cost everyone. I am sorry no one will ever know what you have done. Apart from the rest of us. No medals, I'm afraid."

"I believe you will all be rewarded, of course."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sure your own contribution will be rewarded as well, Reverend," said Story.

"Many people have done - and will continue to do - many brave things in this war," said Elizabeth, "whose work must remain secret. They don't do it for medals or accolades either."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

Blood loss and exhaustion are starting to clearly show on Archie's face.

"Well, I'm not sure what to do about Mrs Steadman but I'd better get back to hospital. This activity had stirred me to action again. As soon as I'm well enough, I'll request an assignment back aboard one of the ships in the Atlantic Campaign. The boys on those ships need all the support they can get."

"I have enjoyed meeting you all. Phyllis may be one of the bravest people I've ever known, and I've known some. God speed you all, and those we've left along the way."

All 5' nothing of him, for a minute Archie's cheery face looks serious and he painfully draws himself ramrod straight, then crisply salutes his friends.

"Right, let's see if I can find a London cab to get back to Bart's before matron has kittens."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis climbs to her feet, takes off her treasured hat and then returns Archie’s crisp salute. For a moment they see the intrepid young woman of fifty years before.
“It has been an honour to be your companion in this dark hour, Reverend Pennyfeather. I pray that you’ll return safely to visit an old woman in her retirement. I’m not sure when that will be, though.”

An inward smile flutters across Phyllis’s face. Then she replaces her hat with a firm thrust of a hat pin and sits down again.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Elizabeth, Brook, and I will need to be on our way as well," said Story, who looked almost as weary as Archie. "It has been a pleasure meeting and working with all of you."

"Yes, thank you for all your help," said Elizabeth.

"Maybe we'll meet again in future," said Brook, tipping her own new hat.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie:

As a cab pulls up, Archie nods to all and steps into it.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna waves goodbye to Archie, 'Good luck Reverend Pennyfeather.'. Turning back to Story and Brook she says 'We've defeated the bat-thing but Catherine Exeter is still on the loose. You know how much trouble she can cause. Even if the authorities recapture her she doesn't stay locked up for long. Is there not something we can do to prevent her from hurting more people? Apart from, well, the obvious...'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Without the Shining Trapezohedron," said Elizabeth, "she can't summon any more creatures...I hope! But you're right, she's still a danger. Locking her up won't stop her for long. She can just escape again any time she likes. But we can't murder her."

"I can't think what other options we have," said Story. "She may flee London, if she has any sense - which is in doubt. She'd be hunted here. She may also believe the war is lost now that she's lost the Shining Trapzehedron, and she'd want to get out before the German invasion she thinks will happen."

"But it can't happen, can it?" asked Brook. "I mean, summoning those creatures couldn't have made so much of a difference that it actually tips the balance."

"I don't think so," said Elizabeth, "but I could be wrong."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“It’s a pity we can’t pop her in a submarine and deposit her up in German waters. I suppose we’ll have to leave it to the authorities to track her down.
When you say ’shining trapezoid’, do you mean the ring that the urchin ran off with? All one would have to do is advertise for its return; Madeleine could do that easily.” Says Phyllis with some concern.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna looks between Brook and Elizabeth, confused by their discussion. 'We can't murder her but we need to do something to try and stop her hurting anyone else. Could we implicate her in the death of her son-in-law? Encourage the police to look for her?'

OOC:   We can't plan to murder her in a Dr Who themed adventure but we would in a vanilla CoC!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The Shining Trapezohedron is not a ring," said Elizabeth. "It's a stone inside a small coffin-shaped container. I don't think advertising for its return would be enough to get it back. From what we learned, Major Steadman paid a thousand pounds to obtain it in the first place, and a street thief - or whoever he sells it to - is unlikely to return it cheap, or for nothing at all."

"No, I don't think they have that kind of money lying around," said Story. "The police would already be looking for Catherine Exeter after her second escape. There's no need to frame her for anything. She's a wanted woman."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“I’m sure our gallant police force will track her down.” Phyllis sits contemplating her hands for a moment.
“So what will you all do now, Mr Story? Are you involved with the war effort?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Aren't we all?" said Story. "I'm afraid I cannot divulge the details of what I do. They are most secret. Still, this adventure has taken a lot out of me. After this, I could use a holiday."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

“Hush hush? Well I won’t say anymore.” Phyllis collects her handbag and umbrella together.
“I think it is about time I went home; we’ve a fete in three days and I’ve still got jars to label. The WI are raising money for the new Bethnal Green War Nursery.
I wish you all well in your endeavours, Mr Story, Miss Elizabeth and Miss Brooke.”
Phyllis rises somewhat creakily, straightens her hat and sets off to find a bus heading East.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, and I wish you well too," said Story. "Thank you for all your help."

"Take care!" called Brook.

"The same to you," said Elizabeth. "Speaking of Bethnal Green, don't take shelter in the Tube there on 3 March 1943. Just...trust me on this."

Anna, is there anything else you'd like to say or do, or shall I wrap up the game?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Yes, well, good luck in your journey to...well wherever that might be.' She creases her brow, 'I can't say I fully understand what has happened these last few days but thank you for your help.'

She waves to Phyllis, Mrs Cruckshank, please do drop in for a cup of tea and a natter some time or I won't believe any of this happened!'

Lifting up her leather medical bag she begins to make a move back to the sanatorium. 'If I ever get my hands on Mrs Exeter again I will just have to be more careful I suppose...'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"At last it's all over," said Elizabeth.

"It's far from being all over," said Story. "I need to get back to the TARDIS. Help me get down to the train platform."

"But it was buried under all that rubble!" said Brook as she and Elizabeth helped Story stand and guided him to the Underground station.

"Oh, they'll have dug it out by now."

After a short ride to Liverpool Street Station and a longer walk back to the warehouse where they had left the TARDIS, Story and his companions saw that someone had indeed cleared away the rubble and the debris from the stairway leading down to the warehouse basement. When nobody was looking, they descended and made their way back to the boiler room, where the TARDIS stood intact. Story unlocked the door, and Elizabeth and Brook helped him inside. Once in the control room, Story collapsed on the floor.

"What's wrong?" asked Elizabeth, kneeling beside him and holding his hand. "Are you all right?"

"This old body of mine..." started Story, "is wearing a bit thin. I will be all right, but...a change is coming." His slid shut, and Elizabeth and Brook watched in amazement as he began to glow. The light got brighter until it was blinding, and then it gradually faded, revealing that Story had a new face...

Story
MR. HANDY

Elizabeth Young
MR. HANDY

Brook Davies
MR. HANDY

Reverend Doctor Archie Pennyfeather
SNAPPER

Phyllis Cruckshank
AINE

Eugene Thomson
JP1885