An epic action packed and globe-spanning campaign for Pulp Cthulhu

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Chapter 2- New York

Post by kabukiman »

Shapiro opens the door and see that very few people are now in the offices. He nods and take you by a stair and then an elevator. He follow a corridor and then you see a cell. The walls are decorated with images of tropical forests and mayan pyramides. There is a simple bed, and a chair where the snakewomen is seated with a ... bored look? She seems a bit interested when she sees you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This is a far cry from the Plaza," says Harry, "but I can see why you wouldn't keep her there. Too many muckrakers. Still, this place doesn't exactly seem fit for a queen."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Alex is overcome with excitement, the opportunity to talk to an ancient snakeperson! To find out about their history, their way of thinking, their religion. He tries to scrape together what little Nahacal he has learned to attempt a simple greeting. Then introduces himself:

'Greetings, my name is Father Alexander Malone, I am a priest of our people. I trust you are being treated well as befits your position.'

HL19%d%LLd1d10

So that's 22%. I'll spend the 3 Luck to be able to converse with her.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: All the others can try to roll naacal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Harry hasn't learned enough Naacal to be able to follow the words.

Language (Naacal) roll (15% skill) to understand the conversation:
d%
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

Jan listens to the gobbledegook with polite interest.
Roll: 53 fail
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Crowley:

1d%L20%

OOC:   Regular success.  

Crowley practises his basic grasp of the language, slowly and carefully.

"Madam, we are very honoured to meet you now that you are awake. We would be very interested to hear about you and your past."

"And perhaps one day in the future, you might be willing to join me - I mean us - for a dinner at one of the best restaurants in this fine city."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Language (Naacal)
1d100

Butch listens to the others try to communicate with the snake lady but cannot understand anything they are saying. It's fine though, communicating with aliens isn't really his thing.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Her eyes seem to open wide and she answers:
"You speak my language? That is good. It was frustrating to not having anyone to comunicate. I am Tyranissh of MU. I am... was a scientist. I have been sleeping for a long time it seems. You said you were a priest? Of what divinity? (she seems more cautious here). And what is a restaurant?"
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Crowley jumps in before Alex can bore the poor lady-snake to death.

"A restaurant is, ah, a pleasant public building where people come and pay money for very nice food to be cooked for them. Hopefully nice anyway."

"It is a chance to spend time with friends or, ah, potential husbands or wives or, ah... It is an enjoyable experience." Crowley has talked himself into a conversational hole.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Alex just about manages to conceal his mirth at Crowley's ill-conceived flirtation but he's impressed by his command of the Naacal language. He detects the snakewoman's hesitance at his mention of being a priest and struggles to suppress his desire to proselytise, Not the time old man.

'Greetings Tyranissh of Mu. It is a pleasure to talk to you, you are only the second of your kind that I have conversed with. The others we have encountered have been...less friendly. I am a priest, but of the human religion of Christianity, the followers of Jesus. I would like to tell you about it some time but perhaps not right now. We are aware of the schism between the followers of The Father of Serpents and the followers of Tsathoggua. I can assure you I am unconnected with either.'

He is so excited to be conversing with an ancient serpent people scientist he's almost lost for what to ask her.

'We have many questions for you, the opportunity to speak to a scientist from an ancient race is...unprecedented. But is there anything else you wish to ask of us?' He gestures to his companions. 'With your permission my colleague and I...'' He points at the flustered Crowley, 'Will interpret for the other humans.'

Looking to see if Alex knows anything about Mu. But now I think about it, also Yig and Tsathoggua. HLHH19%d% Ah, fail. I think I'll save the Luck
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Harry waits for a translation, unable to understand the exchange.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Crowley notices the glazed looks from the others and for their benefit says in English, "She was a scientist."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"I thank you. You say there was a scism? In my time, there was indeed a division between those two groups, but it wasn't very serious. So there are now two nations? Who win in Mu? At least they seem to got some sense and stoped their stupid plans, since you humans are so organized and walk freely."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wonder what kinds of advanced technology she knows how to make," says Harry.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

“This will all end in tears.” Jan reckons from what she has gleaned from the others’ remarks. She shakes her head and goes to sit on an empty stool. She takes out her hip flask and takes a swig.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Shapiro tells you:

"Ask her if she know what are the plans of those different cults"
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

"A scientist? What kind of scientist? Butch asks. "I do hope it's one of the physical scientists. I would love to see some of their mechanical goods."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'She is asking the outcome of the fight for Mu,' says Alex. 'Do we know anything about Mu?' he asks Shapiro.

Returning to address the snakewoman in Naacal, he says, 'I believe the divisions between those two groups may have grown. You mention their plans, what were they intending?'

Pointing at Harry and Butch he says 'My more excitable friends here are interested in the science and technology of your people and how it compares to our own. Tyrannish, may I ask what being a scientist involves among your people?' He indicates Butch and says, 'Mr Ronson here is a...,' Alex struggles to translate the concept of an engineer into his limited kowledge of Naacal, '...a sort of scientist as well.'

While Alex is fascinated by this ancient scientist he's also a little concerned at how she dismissed the schism between the two groups of serpent people and wonders if she could be hiding anything.

pHL71%d%
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"Well, the followers of Yig saw you useful as servants and ocasionally as sacrifices. The others thought you were trully dangerous and should be ... contained. My specialization? I worked in the secrets of life. I was able to transform humans in my kind and vice-versa. But my biggets achievement was to be able to transform any of them in hybrids that keept all their aspect but could mate with both. That was my objective actually: transform my kind in hybrids to mix with your kind and finish the division. It was the most logical thing to do: we were decreasing in numbers and on the contrary your kind is increasing and is much more dynamic. But my brethen didn't agreed."

OOC; She knows that there was some division but not so bad as it turned latter.

Return to “The Two-Headed Serpent”