Page 1 of 1

Borneo- questioning the locals

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:35 pm
by kabukiman
Mr Clement indicates a local that can speak english and will work as a guide. His name is Abidin: he is scruffily dressed, with wild and dirty hair,
and a stubbly beard. He must be about 30's (but it is hard to tell).

Re: Borneo- questioning the locals

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Pleased to meet you," says Harry, reaching out to shake his hand. "My name's Harry. You're not getting sick, are you?"

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:34 am
by Mephistophilis

Alex grumbles something about the mountain but reluctantly follows to meet the natives. He doesn't shake hands but nods a greeting to Abidin.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:27 am
by Starspawn338

Butch goes to Abidin the translator and nods to him but is careful to keep his distance.

"So we need to separate the people into groups. Those who have no symptoms should be in the first group. Those who are feeling off but not showing any physical signs should be in the second group. If there are signs of infection but you are still mobile, you belong in the third group and..."

Butch lowers his eyes to the ground and shuffles his feet. Those people that are already quarantined and unable to move will need to be given their last rights. The treatment we have will not work on them but we should be discreet and make sure their last hours are peaceful."

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:32 am
by kabukiman
He greets Harry and says:
"At your service sir!. No, I'm not sick. You mean the people in bd will die! That is terrible. I' immediatly talking to the people to divide in the three groups."
You see him shouting something and the people don't seem very enthusiastic.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"Is there anyone here who seems unusual, who doesn't fit in with the others?" asks Harry.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:35 am
by kabukiman
"No, not now. But sometime ago, one of the members of the company started to behave strangely. Then he vanished. Aftter that it was another member who also dispareared. Now everyone is acting weird with the disease".".

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"What were their names, and what did they look like?" asks Harry. "We'll keep an eye out for them."

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:15 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex goes through the medical kit looking for sedatives and opiates. 'At least we can make their final hours a little easier.'

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:40 am
by kabukiman
"One was called Mister Jeremy; he was tall and pale; the other was Mr Elias; he was very young and blonde".

Slowly, the groups start to organize themselves.
The first group seemes indeed healthy. In the second group you see people with some cough. In the third group some people has some pustules and are coughing a lot, some can barely stand.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Were any of these people friendly with Jeremy or Elias?" asks Harry. "Or was anyone who isn't from around here?"

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:24 pm
by kabukiman
"Sir, the people from the company don't mix much with locals. But we noticed a change of behaviour from Mr Jeremy, and when he vanished, it was Mr Elias who changed. After that, you were the first group to appear, since the army forbid anyone else to enter."

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:38 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Did anyone actually see them leave or know which direction they went?" asks Harry.

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:37 am
by kabukiman
"Actually... no. But where else could they go?"- he asks surprised.

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's a good question," says Harry. "Where is there to go on this island? Is there a map?"

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:38 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch will direct the healthy ones to go as far away from the others as they can inside the compound. The ones with the slight cough will be moved close to the entrance of the compound and will be the first to take the antidote as it is produced. The ones that are really bad should be made comfortable where they can rest in the shade or some place like that. Alex can give them any sedatives or painkillers that he has.

Once they are more broadly separated, Butch will go seek out Shapiro and inform him that the first batch of people are ready for the cure/antidote.

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:33 pm
by Mephistophilis

As well as providing palliative care to the dying, sedatives and water, Alex busies himself trying to find ways to protect himself and his companions from infection, making masks and gloves from what he can find in their kit and scrape together. 'Make sure you don't get any discharge on your hands, try not to spend too much time breathing the same air.'

d39%d%

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:17 am
by kabukiman
To Harry:
"It would take several days by walking to get the nearest village, if they didn't get lost. This area is very isolated"

To Alex:
With all the precautions you take, you are pretty sure that your grouo is safe of getting the disease... for now.

Butch:
"Good, I have done 14 doses of the antidote, bring me the first group."

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're not going to have time to do that until after we've dealt with the disease, then," says Harry.

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:18 am
by kabukiman
To Harry:
So, what are you doing Mister?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:05 pm
by Mephistophilis

Once he's done his best to care for the dying and set up precautions against infection, Alex takes a stroll around the camp looking for anything unusual or concerning.

pHdd36%d%

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Right now I'm talking to you to try to find out useful information," says Harry. "I might be able to bind wounds, but I'm not a medical expert by any means. While I'm here I can act as protection. If I go out into the jungle, I won't be here if anything happens. When we go exploring, we'll all want to go together too."

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:55 pm
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:05 pm Image

Once he's done his best to care for the dying and set up precautions against infection, Alex takes a stroll around the camp looking for anything unusual or concerning.

pHdd36%d%
You notice several graves, where people have been recently buried. The surface of the graves while freshly dug, are slightly sunken into the ground (where they would normally be raised).

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:56 pm
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:57 am Image

"Right now I'm talking to you to try to find out useful information," says Harry. "I might be able to bind wounds, but I'm not a medical expert by any means. While I'm here I can act as protection. If I go out into the jungle, I won't be here if anything happens. When we go exploring, we'll all want to go together too."
"Does this medicine actually works sir?"

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"I have it on good authority that it does," says Harry, "but I've never seen it in action before. Dr. Shapiro knows a lot more about it."

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:47 pm
by Mephistophilis

Continuing to stroll around the camp nonchalantly, Alex runs into Butch and takes him to see the graves. 'You're a man of science, any thoughts on what might be causing these fresh graves to sag?' He tries to think of any medical process that might account for it. 'Apart from implausibly rapid decomposition the only medical explanation I can think of is good old fashioned grave robbing!'

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:54 am
by Starspawn338

"I believe you are right. If the ground has sunken like that, there are only two reasons that I can postulate. The first is that someone has dug up the bodies and the second is if there is a sinkhole of some sort beneath the graveyard. Butch replies. "Didn't someone say that the god of the mountain was upset. Maybe the locals dug up the bodies and sacrificed them to appease this god. Perhaps we can get permission to dig up one of the graves to see what we can find."

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:38 pm
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:35 am Image

"I have it on good authority that it does," says Harry, "but I've never seen it in action before. Dr. Shapiro knows a lot more about it."
"And when will we know that?"

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm not sure how quickly it will act," says Harry. "Let's ask Dr. Shapiro when he has a spare moment."

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:02 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex grunts at the suggestion of digging up a grave, turning up his nose. 'If you think we must.' He goes looking for the local representative to ask for permission to exhume one of the bodies. 'I'm afraid we need to see the effect on the body after death, there is something odd about the way these graves are shifting.' He indicates his dog collar, 'We'll re-inter them with all the appropriate respect and ritual.'

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:47 pm
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:02 pm Image

Alex grunts at the suggestion of digging up a grave, turning up his nose. 'If you think we must.' He goes looking for the local representative to ask for permission to exhume one of the bodies. 'I'm afraid we need to see the effect on the body after death, there is something odd about the way these graves are shifting.' He indicates his dog collar, 'We'll re-inter them with all the appropriate respect and ritual.'
It is Richard Clements from the survey team.
"Whateaver, just be quick to solve this problem" - he says impatient.

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:48 pm
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:35 am Image

"I'm not sure how quickly it will act," says Harry. "Let's ask Dr. Shapiro when he has a spare moment."
Mr Shapiro don't seem to get out of the tent.

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry peeks into the tent, starting to get worried.

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:46 pm
by Mephistophilis

Grabbing a couple of spades and handing one to Butch, Alex says 'Come on then Butch, we're resurrection men today.' The two of them look faintly ridiculous as they walk along together, the short priest and large engineer. He looks over the graves and chooses the freshest one that shows evidence of sinking. Alex looks up at the big man and gestures to the grave with his spade, 'You've got a decade on me young man, you can do the bulk of it.'

Posted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:17 am
by Starspawn338

"No problem. I'm used to being a grunt and getting my hands dirty." Butch replies as he digs his spade into the dirt and begins shoveling. "It shouldn't take long to see what's up."

After that, he'll keep his mouth shut and work, stopping occasionally to take a drink of water.

Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:30 pm
by kabukiman
kabukiman wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:48 pm
Mr. Handy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:35 am Image

Mr Shapiro don't seem to get out of the tent.
He seems quit relaxed, reading a novel.

Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:31 pm
by kabukiman
Butch and Alex:
Make both a con test.

Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:48 pm
by Mephistophilis
50%d%

Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:17 pm
by kabukiman
Meanwhile, your two companions reapered. They left for less than one hour.

Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 4:03 am
by Snapper

"Gentlemen, we have some oddities for you all to examine. Don't touch with your bare hands, obviously."

In one hand, Crowley produces the weird fruit, currently skewered on the end of a long stick to enable safe carriage. With the other he drops a bloodied handkerchief, tied up at the corners to make a small sack on the end of another stick. With a flourish, careful not to get blood on himself, Crowley cuts the sack open with his Gurkha knife to reveal bits of shot-up rat-thing.

Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"You got a minute, Dr. Shapiro?" asks Harry.

Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:14 pm
by Starspawn338

Con Save 65
1d100

OOC:   Con Extreme Success  

Butch grunts with the exertion in the heat and humidity of the tropics but continues until the job is done.

Posted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:07 pm
by Mephistophilis

Labouring beside Butch, the diminutive priest soon gets left behind, his half of the trench almost a foot higher than his companion's. He slows and eventually slumps to sit down on the edge of the hole. Watching the big man powerfully clearing the soil.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:37 am
by kabukiman
Butch works for two men, and after 10 minutes, he discovers that in the grave he is digging, the body has been stolen... by a tunnel excavate.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:38 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:22 am Image

"You got a minute, Dr. Shapiro?" asks Harry.
"Sure, what is it?"

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:41 am
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:03 am Image

"Gentlemen, we have some oddities for you all to examine. Don't touch with your bare hands, obviously."

In one hand, Crowley produces the weird fruit, currently skewered on the end of a long stick to enable safe carriage. With the other he drops a bloodied handkerchief, tied up at the corners to make a small sack on the end of another stick. With a flourish, careful not to get blood on himself, Crowley cuts the sack open with his Gurkha knife to reveal bits of shot-up rat-thing.
Nobody pays you much attention: Harry is in the tent with Shapiro and the other two are... digging graves?

Crowley and Jan:
Spott Hidden roll please

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 1:21 pm
by Snapper

1d%pHdd60%

OOC:   Regular success.  

"Gentlemen," Crowley says quite loudly and with distinct irritation, "Stop your grave digging and nursing, and come examine these objects. We have risked our necks collecting them."

"Nursing and grave digging will shortly become irrelevant if we don't solve this mystery."

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:49 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex hears the shouting but he's too busy peering into the excavation under the grave. 'Do you think this tunnel was man-made or could it already have been here, formed naturally maybe?' he asks Butch. 'And what would someone, or something want with the bodies?'

Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"One of the locals has some questions about the cure, and I'd like to know what to tell him, please," says Harry.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:37 pm
by aine
Jan saunters into camp with Crowley and sits on a log for a drink and to watch the others hard at work.

Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:08 pm
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:21 pm Image

1d%pHdd60%

"Gentlemen," Crowley says quite loudly and with distinct irritation, "Stop your grave digging and nursing, and come examine these objects. We have risked our necks collecting them."

"Nursing and grave digging will shortly become irrelevant if we don't solve this mystery."

You notice that several hours have passed when you were in the forest... but only some minutes (less than one hour) have passed in the camp.

Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:09 pm
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:49 pm Image

Alex hears the shouting but he's too busy peering into the excavation under the grave. 'Do you think this tunnel was man-made or could it already have been here, formed naturally maybe?' he asks Butch. 'And what would someone, or something want with the bodies?'

Make a spot hidden roll please.

Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:10 pm
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:12 am Image

"One of the locals has some questions about the cure, and I'd like to know what to tell him, please," says Harry.
He seems surprised. He looks at the machine and then says:
"Yes, I'm working in a cure, It will take several days of course".

Posted: Mon May 15, 2023 8:20 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch leans on his shovel and looks over to Crowley.

"I'm not digging a grave, I'm exhuming a body for examination!" He replies equally loud and irritated. "And it just so happens the body is gone and there is a tunnel beneath the grave. Perhaps making a cure for the locals and investigating the disappearance of the infected body is more important than you finding colorful fruit and a dead rat."

Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Doctor," says Harry. "I'll leave you to it." He returns to his guide. "He said it will take several days."

Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:20 am
by Snapper

Crowley sighs and tries again. "This fruit has never been seen in the civilised world before. Nor the rat-thing. They are worth examining as they are connected to whatever is happening here."

"After that, by all means, let's head down this tunnel you've uncovered, see where it goes."

Posted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:13 pm
by Mephistophilis
Dangling off the side of the excavation, almost hanging into the hole underneath, Alex struggles to get a look at the tunnel.

'Dammit, I can't see anything down here. One of you youngsters take a look.'

pHdd36%d%

Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:33 am
by Snapper

"Strange things are happening here. Time moves differently out there in the jungle, hours passed for us and minutes for you. Maybe Shapiro should be doing his research out there, he might get a week's work done while people here are sick for only a half day. I don't know."

"But I do know there's animals and vegetation out there not even close to anything observed by civilisation. I think we should make a plan then stay together as a team. Follow this tunnel under the grave or whatever."

Posted: Wed May 17, 2023 6:21 pm
by aine
“Crowley’s got the right of it. There’s something strange going on with time. We’ve been exploring for hours and, well, you’ve barely dug this hole.”
Jan looks across the ground in the same direction that the tunnel leads- does it head towards the jungle?

Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:49 pm
by Starspawn338

"Look, I'm not trying to diminish your discoveries at all, I'm just not sure how they tie into what's happening. I suppose you could ask around and see if any of the sick people ate the fruit or the rat meat. I'm more convinced that whatever dug this tunnel under the grave and stole the body has a much higher probability of being connected to what's going on here. Therefore, I think we should investigate this first, even if we can wander around the jungle for hours with only a few minutes going by in camp."

Butch will examine the tunnel. Is it big enough to go in without slithering like a snake or is it only as big as the corpse was?

Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:29 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex isn't entirely following what's being said, too preoccupied with the hole. But when he hears criticism of how long it's taken them to dig it, he turns and barks irritatedly, 'Look, some of us aren't as young as we used to be, we did the best we could!' He turns back to looking into the hole, muttering to himself about ungrateful whippersnappers.

Posted: Sat May 20, 2023 5:09 am
by Snapper

Crowley looks at Jan in exasperation.

"Very well, shall we explore your grave tunnel first, then will you come at look at what we found after?"

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:59 am
by kabukiman
The tunnel allows a human to pass (even if he need to walk curved).

Posted: Sat May 27, 2023 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Am I aware of what's going on with the tunnel?

Posted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:20 pm
by aine
Jan stands on the edge and peers into the hole.
“You won’t catch me climbing down there;there’s probably worms.” She grimaces.

Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:04 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:39 am

Am I aware of what's going on with the tunnel?
OOC: No, you are near the translator who is still in shock with your answer.

Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:16 pm
by Snapper

Crowley has reached his - never very high - limit for crazy behaviour from colleagues. "To hell with this. Protect your ears, Miss DeBeer"

He draws his big Webley revolver, thumbs the hammer back and, angled away from the camp, fires a shot into the air with a cracking report.

"Dammit, will you all focus! Snap out of it! What is wrong with you? Have you all lost your wits, such as they were?!"

Spoiler:
Can Crowley see anything wrong with his colleagues? Glazed eyes, foaming at the mouth, snakeskin, tentacles?

He is working on the basis they are somehow hypnotised.

Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:55 pm
by Mr. Handy

When he hears the gunshot, Harry draws his revolver and hurries toward it.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:32 pm
by Starspawn338

"Jesus Christ Crowley! Are you sure you haven't succumbed to some madness in the jungle? You said you were gone for hours but that is only in your head. Now we agreed we would investigate this tunnel and then decide what to do about the jungle. First things first! Now put away that gun before you hurt someone!"

Butch will climb down into the hole and and follow it to see where it is going.

Posted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:46 pm
by aine
Keeper, Is the tunnel going towards the area of jungle where the weirdness is?

Jam’s eyes widen as she realises Crowley’s suspicions; now that he comes to mention it, their companions do seem rather too interested in a small hole. Especially as there’s a whole weird jungle/mountain/earthquake to investigate. And they seem to have forgotten about the bomb.
She watches them closely for more odd behaviour.

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:46 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Can Crowley see anything that might be a reason for everyone's strange behaviour?  

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Psychology and spott hidden roll,

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:10 am
by Snapper

1d%pHdd60%

Regular success.  

1d%pHL10%

Can Crowley wait to see if Jan succeeds on Psych? On the basis that if she fails, he'll spend the 12 Luck to make this a success?  

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:42 pm
by aine
Jan looks over at Crowley and gives him a surreptitious nod.
Psychology 20 roll: 18. Spot hidden 49 roll: 51

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry notices something as he approaches.

Psychology roll (10% base skill) about people acting strange:
d%
Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) about people acting strange:
d%

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:35 am
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:10 am Image

1d%pHdd60%

Regular success.  

1d%pHL10%

Can Crowley wait to see if Jan succeeds on Psych? On the basis that if she fails, he'll spend the 12 Luck to make this a success?  
OOC: Yes.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:38 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:37 am Image

Harry notices something as he approaches.

Psychology roll (10% base skill) about people acting strange:
d%
Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) about people acting strange:
d%
Everybody is shouting at each other and acting strange...
They are divided in two groups, Jan and Crowley (with a gun in his hand) in one side and Butch and Alex near a hole where the bodies have been buried.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:52 am
by Snapper
OOC:   OK, so Crowley succeeded in a Spot Hidden and Jan in a Psych roll. Hopefully, we can share the result...  

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:03 pm
by aine
Jan looks up at the sky and the burning sun. She smiles brightly at Alex and Butch.
“It’s probably just the heat making them act a little stranger than usual.” She mutters to Crowley.

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"What's going on?" asks Harry.

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:09 am
by Starspawn338

Butch sticks his head back out of the tunnel.

"Looks like we'll need a torch down here. Are you coming?" He yells to the others. "Let's see where the body went."

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:17 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex has already climbed down into the hole but the sound of a gunshot brings his head back above the ground. Seeing Crowley is just trying to get their attention he drops back down again, shouting over his shoulder, 'Come on down here, you can tell us about your adventures while we search for the missing bodies.' He scrambles after Butch, spade in one hand and revolver tucked into his belt.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:46 pm
by aine
Jan looks at Crowley, “Looks like we have little choice- although I hate crawling about in holes. By the way, I think our friends are their normal, eccentric selves.”
Jan will drop into the hole last, so she has an escape route.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's see where this goes," says Harry, lighting his flashlight and entering the hole.

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:45 am
by kabukiman
Crowley have found marks in the ground of hooves... the same kind he found in the forest. Like some bipedal creature.

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:34 am
by Snapper

Crowley points the hoof prints out to the others but isn't holding out much hope anyone will care. "That's a biped's footprints. For your information. Although you have all gone mad."

With a sigh, he points at the hole in the ground. "If you are all determined, shall we go explore the body snatching tunnel?"

OOC:   Did Jan learn anything from her Psych roll?  

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"I hadn't seen those before," says Harry.

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:35 pm
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:34 am Image

Crowley points the hoof prints out to the others but isn't holding out much hope anyone will care. "That's a biped's footprints. For your information. Although you have all gone mad."

With a sigh, he points at the hole in the ground. "If you are all determined, shall we go explore the body snatching tunnel?"

OOC:   Did Jan learn anything from her Psych roll?  
Only that it seems that the group is very excited; noboody seems to have been "transformed"

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:06 am
by Snapper

"Is anyone interested in tracking the hoof prints first, or will it be tunnel as the priority?"

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Do you think it's advisable to split up?" asks Harry. "It would save time, which is in short supply. I think this tunnel is more likely to lead to a solution to the problem than following this creature. We know that whatever constructed this tunnel is intelligent. The creature might be too, but whoever dug this definitely is."

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:29 am
by Snapper

Crowley shrugs. "I'm sure you're right. I'd definitely prefer not to split up again. The tunnel beckons, in that case." He pauses to replace the bullet just fired from his revolver. "If we've got some flashlights, lay on, Macduff."

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Check," says Harry, holding up his lit flashlight.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:57 pm
by Mephistophilis

Firing up his flashlight, Alex is crouching in the tunnel, clearing some dirt with his spade. A cigarillo hangs out of his mouth as he shines the light up and down the exposed tunnel.

'Bipedal hoof prints you say. And it's us who's gone mad?' chuckles Alex. But he slides the shovel into the back of his belt and draws out his revolver. Just in case.

He tries to see whether the tunnel extends under all the graves, and if it looks like the other graves have been similarly disturbed. 'It would take more than one creature or person to move all these bodies.' He looks for signs of bodies being dragged through the tunnels, and in which direction.

So Alex isn't the best at biology - all he has is Natural World at base - but he'd like to have a think whether he knows of any bipedal animals with hooves. Having come across a fair few more unnatural creatures he'll also roll Cthulhu Mythos to see if he might have heard of one of them.

LLd10%d%
HLHH19%d%

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:10 am
by Starspawn338

Once the others join him in the tunnel, Butch will crouch and slowly move down the tunnel. He will watch for any signs of the missing corpse or whatever has taken the corpse.

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:49 pm
by kabukiman
The tunnel is large enough to crawl (and in certain parts, even walk a bit crouched). As you walk, the ligth vanish and you are dependent from the lamps you have. All appear to have been clawed and raked out through the packed soil, with roots occasionally poking through the walls (it wasn't made by tools), so it isn't human made. You hear ocasionally sounds of movement ahead.
Eventually, you arrive in a tunnel some two hundred feet wide and lined with huge ridges. And you see... 6 humanoid creatures, with faces similar to dogs gnawng bones and making sounds of happiness.

Roll sanity please,
If you fail loose 1d6. if pass, loose 1 point,

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:44 pm
by Mephistophilis
As they enter the passageway Alex recoils at the sight of the animal-like creatures. He just about manages to stifle a scream and pulls himself against the wall of the tunnel trying to make himself as inconspicuous as possible.

73%d%LFFL1d6

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:20 pm
by Snapper

1d%24%

OOC:   Fail.  

1d6

OOC:   Crowley will use his Resilient talent to lose a point of Luck instead.  

"Yuck!" Crowley readies his shotgun.

1d%HLHH12%

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry's jaw drops.

Sanity roll (current level 38) for seeing the creatures:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:20 pm
by aine
jan is already finding it hard to keep it together down in the dark, cramped space and when she sees the creature gnawing on what looks like a human leg bone, it's the last straw.

Sanity 40, roll: 79. Idea 75, roll: 29 san loss: 5

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:06 am
by Starspawn338

Sanity 61
1d100
Sanity Loss if Fail
1d6

Butch comes out of the tunnel only to see the dog faced creatures eating what he presumes is the corpse they are looking for. This was not what he was expecting and he is nonplussed at the sight.

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:35 am
by Snapper
OOC:   As soon as Crowley can act, he will open fire.  

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy

I expect I'll be doing the same thing. My revolver is already in my hand, by the way. I drew it some time back and never put it away. The flashlight is in my other hand.

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:09 pm
by kabukiman
Fire!

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:11 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry opens fire with deadly accuracy.

Firearms(Handgun) roll (77% skill) shooting at the creatures, shot 1 of 3:
d%
Damage from .45 bullet:
1d10+2
Firearms(Handgun) roll (77% skill) shooting at the creatures, shot 2 of 3:
d%
Damage from .45 bullet:
1d10+2
Firearms(Handgun) roll (77% skill) shooting at the creatures, shot 3 of 3:
d%
Damage from .45 bullet:
1d10+2

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:18 am
by Snapper

Crowley sights on a different creature to Harry's and fires both barrels at the same time, with an ear-splitting roar.

1d%H73%

4d6

4d6

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:18 pm
by Mephistophilis

When the shooting starts Alex squeezes his eyes shut and presses against the wall for a moment. Then he opens his eyes again and leans out to look into the tunnel at the creatures. 'The Lord is my protector...'

Closing his eyes again before he opens fire, he snatches manically at the trigger sending three rounds thudding into the wall of the tunnel.

Hd59%d%pLd1d10Hd259%d%pLd21d10Hd59%d%pLd31d10

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:13 pm
by aine
What happens to Jan? She’s just failed her Sanity rol, passed her idea and lost 5 san points?

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:18 pm
by Starspawn338

As the others begin to fire at the creatures, Butch will pull out his revolver and fire also.

First Shot
Firearm Handgun 45
1d100
Possible Damage 1d10
1d10

Second Shot
1d100
Possible Damage 1d10
1d10

OOC:   2 Hits  

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:18 am
by kabukiman
aine wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:13 pm
What happens to Jan? She’s just failed her Sanity rol, passed her idea and lost 5 san points?
OOC: Jan is still sane... barely. Another loss and you will have problems.

The creatures are suprised in their meal and don't even have a chance to react and they are killed in what seems an execution. You see their gory bodies and smell a strong smell of gunpowder after the shooting.

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:57 am
by Snapper

"Good show, that should teach them a lesson." Crowley pauses to reload his shotgun.

Once reloaded, he heads over to inspect the bodies from a few feet away.

Did the creatures have cloven hooves, matching the tracks already seen?  

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry reloads and inspects the corpses as well. "I expect these creatures dug the tunnel," he says.

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:33 am
by kabukiman
Snapper wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:57 am Image

"Good show, that should teach them a lesson." Crowley pauses to reload his shotgun.

Once reloaded, he heads over to inspect the bodies from a few feet away.

Did the creatures have cloven hooves, matching the tracks already seen?  
Yes.

If anybody want to inspect the bodies roll medicine. Anything else roll spott hidden

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:17 am
by Snapper

Crowley peers about the remains and the area, careful not to touch anything and trying to keep his boots clean.

1d%pHdd60%

Regular success.  

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Not knowing what to make of the creatures themselves, Harry looks around at the tunnel and anything the creatures might have had in their possession.

Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) in the tunnel:
d%

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:15 pm
by kabukiman
The creatures don't have anything (besides the bones they were eating). The tunnel seems to go to what must be a bigger area.

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:03 pm
by Starspawn338

"These creatures look like they took the body from the grave but they don't look like they have anything to do with the sickness." Butch says quietly to the others. "Do you think that they are working for the snake people or is this something independent of that?"

Then, with a pained look on his face, he continues. "I'm not sure that our first choice should be to attack before we know if the strange creatures we encounter are good or bad. Shooting every unidentified creature, whether rat-like or dog-like or snake-like will not gain us much information."

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:01 pm
by aine
“Let’s hope you haven’t just shot Mummy and Daddy and we’re about to find a litter of pups- otherwise you might have to adopt.” Jan remarks
Spot hidden success: 49, roll:32

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:56 am
by Snapper

"Pish tosh! Attractive snake ladies aside, if they're not human, shoot first and ask questions later. And I do not approve of eating buried human bodies."

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that was very disturbing," says Harry. "They looked like could have eaten our live bodies too."

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:08 pm
by Mephistophilis

Staggering out into the tunnel to look at the bodies, Alex is still in a bit of shock. 'We killed them...killed them all. What are they? Were they...were they people?'

d39%d% - I'll spend the Luck

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe, if the snake people can be said to be people too," says Harry. "They aren't men, though."

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:25 am
by Snapper

Crowley rolls his eyes at Butch and Alex. "Pull yourselves together! They are not human and they were eating buried bodies for goodness sakes. And I saw their tracks about the camp, so they're probably the source of infection. This is ten times easier to explain than some of the human porters I've shot over the years. Not to mention one rather disastrous date."

"But if it makes you happier, I promise not to shoot the next evil, non-human entity until it is trying to rip out your throats."

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:24 am
by aine
Jan was walking over to examine the bodies when she heard ‘infection’ and quickly changed her mind.
“Great, so we can get out of here then?”

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's keep going," says Harry, "but I think it was the fruit that caused the disease."

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:06 am
by Starspawn338

"It looks like it opens up here. Is this where they lived?"

OOC:   Can we tell how far underground we are? Are we still close to the surface or did we go down deeper as we traveled through the tunnel?  
You went deep, but now it is going up.

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:25 pm
by aine
OOC:   And are we heading towards that area of jungle with the weird animals and fruits?  

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:35 pm
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:08 pm Image

Staggering out into the tunnel to look at the bodies, Alex is still in a bit of shock. 'We killed them...killed them all. What are they? Were they...were they people?'

d39%d% - I'll spend the Luck
With a quick exam you discover that those creatures were humans... once. But somehow they have change to a compete diferent thing.

The tunnel goes up.

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:36 pm
by kabukiman
aine wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:25 pm
OOC:   And are we heading towards that area of jungle with the weird animals and fruits?  
Until you get out, no way to know!

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:20 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex stoops down to look over the bullet-riddled bodies. Removing some of the ragged fabric they wear like clothes reveals a creature that is monstrous, but also human-like in so many ways. The body is hunched and stooping but otherwise hominid in structure. The upper body shows extensive musculature but seems simultaneously malnourished, with little subcutaneous fat lending it a wasted appearance despite the over-developed pectorals and biceps. The skin is human-like, largely hairless, but pasty-grey in colour with some patches of light fur along the back and limbs. All in all, if it wasn't for the face, this creature could easily pass for a human. But that face, human-like in some ways, but clearly bestial in so many others. Stubby snout, overdeveloped canine teeth and enlarged jaw with muscles to match. Bulbous eyes, pointy ears, the overall impression is canine, like a man crossed with a wolf.

Muttering a silent prayer, Alex fumbles in his pack for aa bottle of whiskey and takes a long swig. Coughing, then retching he vomits into the dirt. Wiping his face he calls the others over. 'See here, see here,' he points to the feet. They're not cloven, but rather human-like in overall form, with long, sharp nails, and several oversized toes. 'This creature, it is not human, not human exactly. But it was, or it has been. I don't set too much store by this Darwinism, but you can see how this monster was once, fundamentally, human. I don't know whether that was his species, degenerating over time, or just this individual himself, living underground, feeding off carrion and corpses. But I think, I think this was once a man.'

He stands up tall defiantly as he delivers his last line. Then rapidly doubles over again, emptying the rest of his stomach contents onto the dusty floor.

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"What could have turned them into...those?" Harry wonders aloud.

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:30 am
by Snapper

Never one for too much abstraction, Crowley looks towards the tunnel.

"Well, the next ones we encounter, you can ask them. Meantime, let's see where this goes." He grips his shotgun and looks very not pacifist.

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry follows, his revolver ready, but he is more reluctant to use it.

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:52 am
by kabukiman
You continbue near for one one hour, before hearing a strange sound. Is some machine working here? Afterv a while you are coming across a huge rock formations reminiscent of worm casts (but many times larger). The tunnel opens out into a vast cavern where you can see a kind of worm.

But giant. You never imagined thatb something so big could exist in this time. 300 meters? More? It has a pale rose color, pulsing to a reder tone and then returning to rose. It has a huge mouth (no eyes) that opens and tentacles come from it devouring vast quantities of rock. It slithers around the edge of the cavern and takes no interest in you.
The tunnel continues (you don't need to pass near it).

OOC: Everyone make a sanity roll. If you fail, loose 1d20. If you pass, make 1d4.

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:21 pm
by Snapper

1d%24

Fail.  

1d20

Oof. Crowley will use his Resilient talent and lose 18 Luck instead.  

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:13 pm
by Starspawn338

Sanity 60
1d100
Sanity Loss
1d20
Int Roll 70 (to believe what I'm seeing)
1d100

Butch stops and stares at the incomprehensible sight before him.

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:27 pm
by Mephistophilis

Still fragile from examining the half-human monsters, Alex struggles to comprehend these demonic worms. But he's more fascinated than repulsed. There's something about them...

72%d%L1d4

HLHH19%d%

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry stares in awe. His revolver is ready, but he doesn't think it would do any good. Fortunately, the thing doesn't seem to have noticed them yet. "Let's sneak past," he whispers.

Sanity roll (current level 34) for seeing the creature:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d4

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:33 pm
by aine
Sanity roll: 84 fail. 1d20: 4

Jan can barely comprehend it, but then she whispers,
“What a trophy that would be!”

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"Don't even think about it," whispers Harry. "More likely we'd end up its next meal. So long as it's ignoring us, I'm happy."

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:23 am
by Snapper

His eyes round as saucers and slightly unsteady on his feet, Crowley gazes fearfully at the worm.

"Right, let's hope the bomb takes care off that. Meantime, let's get past it."

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:10 pm
by kabukiman
You walk in awe of that creature that continues devouring rocks. When will it stop? If ever? After a while you see light... and an exit.
You can finally breath fresh air! Outside, you see that your are near the mountain. You have pass through the weird forest and here there is almost no vegetation (only some bushes). In front of you there is a cave (another one!), but this seems different.

OOC: Make a roll of natural world or geology.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:24 pm
by Mephistophilis

Collapsing down against a wall of rock, Alex rifles through his bag and takes out a flask of water and his whiskey bottle. No longer attempting to hide it he takes a drink from each and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

LLd10%d%

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry has no idea what makes this cave different, but he knows he wants to explore it.

Natural World roll (10% base skill) looking at the cave:
d%

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:30 am
by Starspawn338

Natural World 10
1d100
Failure!

Butch is still just following the others. He can't get the immense size of the worm out of his mind.

OOC:   Did anything happen to me loosing 8 sanity for seeing the worm?  

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:42 am
by Snapper

1d%LLd10%

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:08 pm
by aine
Jan bounds out of the cave, glad to be free of the darkness. She too takes a slug from her hip flask, grimaces and then takes another gulp. She gestures widely at the barren landscape and the second cave,
natural world 70, roll: 34
OOC:   Hard pass  

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:00 am
by kabukiman
Starspawn338 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:30 am Image

Natural World 10
1d100
Failure!

Butch is still just following the others. He can't get the immense size of the worm out of his mind.

OOC:   Did anything happen to me loosing 8 sanity for seeing the worm?  
OOC: Not yet. You are shaking and barely controling yourself, but if anything goes out of the ordinary you may have a problem...

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:06 am
by kabukiman
aine wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:08 pm Jan bounds out of the cave, glad to be free of the darkness. She too takes a slug from her hip flask, grimaces and then takes another gulp. She gestures widely at the barren landscape and the second cave,
natural world 70, roll: 34
OOC:   Hard pass  

The place is not natural, it is an artificial place. But you don't understand what kind of tools have been used here: you don' know any ancient or new technology that could make such polished walls. And the form: the place is in a hexagon. In the opposite side, there is a corridor.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:04 pm
by aine
“Somebody’s been building here- look!” Jan points out the finely engineered walls and hexagon tunnel.
“Snake people?”

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe," says Harry. "They have the technology. Could be the dog people too, but this doesn't look like their other tunnel."

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:35 am
by Snapper

Crowley casually shoulders arms with his shotgun and looks at the cave with interest. "Well, there's one good way to find out. Shall we?" He gestures towards the artificial entrance.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:41 pm
by Mephistophilis

Hauling himself up, Alex starts reloading his revolver. 'If this Yellow Death is a snakeman weapon then it seems we'll find out answers in there,' he nods at Crowley and slowly, very slowly, starts to walk towards the entrance.

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry follows, revolver in his right hand and flashlight in his left.

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:24 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch will follow the others but he is no longer as confident about this investigation as he was earlier. He keeps looking back the way they came, wondering when the giant worm will show up to devour them.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:51 am
by aine
Another hole! Jan takes a long swig from her (seemingly limitless) hip flask, cocks her elephant gun and stalks after the others.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:09 pm
by kabukiman
The corridor has white walls and floor and they emit a dull light, which provides enough illumination to see. At the end, there is another hexagonal room, in which control panels extend from five of the walls. A large display screen wraps around the three walls opposite the doorway. Various serpentine sigils and glyphs can be seen on and around the control panels, suggesting the facility’s association with serpent folk.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:36 am
by Snapper

Crowley looks unreasonably pleased (and still a bit glazed from the worm encounter). "Well, I think we've proved the serpent people connection, this Inner Night group or whatever. Shapiro will be pleased - if we live long enough to make a report, and he's still alive to receive it." He starts copying a few of the snakey sigils into his notebook.

Can we make a Naacal roll to "read" some of the sigils?  

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"This is like something out of Flash Gordon," says Harry, looking in wonder at the advanced technology. "Butch, can you make any sense out of it?" If any of them could, it would be him.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:51 pm
by Mephistophilis

Whistling, Alex looks over the baffling machinery, also studying the complex sigils and making a note of them to help further his understanding of these strange new languages he has encountered. He stares into the screens, 'What are these for?'

OOC:   Do the screens show anything?  

Alex will use his Linguist Talent to identify the language the writing is in and then roll against Hyperborean or Nahacal to try and understand something of it. He has Hyperborean 3% and Nahacal 19%.
Ld%
dFLL1d10

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry can't make any sense out of the glyphs and sigils.

Language(Naacal) roll (15% skill) reading the glyphs:
d%

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:19 am
by Snapper

1d%L20%

Fail.  

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:30 pm
by aine
This was definitely not in Jan’s area of expertise.
Roll:98 Fail

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:29 pm
by Starspawn338

Naacal 15
1d100

Electrical Repair 60/Mechanical Repair 65
1d100
Bonus Die for Handy
1d10

OOC:   Hard Pass on Electrical/Mechanical Repair (whichever is appropriate). I am just 5 or 6 points from an Extreme Success if I need to spend the luck for that.  

Butch will try to put the giant worm out of his mind and focus on the electrical panels in front of him. Although they are alien, they are still set up in a way that seems familiar.

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:31 am
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:27 pm Image

Still fragile from examining the half-human monsters, Alex struggles to comprehend these demonic worms. But he's more fascinated than repulsed. There's something about them...

72%d%L1d4

HLHH19%d%
The idea of the worm was somehow familiar to you. Then you remember: you read somewhere a myth abouth a place called "dreamlands" where a creature called "bhole" existed. It is a gigantic worm that lives burried, doesn't like the sun (but isn't affected by it). It is somehow connected to a similar creature called "dhole" that supposely lives in other planets.

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:39 am
by kabukiman
Yes, you can all try naacal rolls.

With a hard success, Butch can have the base fully funcioning... but does he now what is the purpuso of it? :twisted:

You have a map of the world... but the continents are a bit different. And you see several points marked.

Make all a history roll.
Sorry about the cthulhu roll, I completly missed it.

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:04 am
by Snapper

Crowley glances at his male companions, looking puzzled.

1d%H70%

Fail!  

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:56 pm
by aine
“Beats me.” Jan shrugs.
[spreadsheet]
Roll:60 history:05%
[/spreadsheet]

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy

Something about this looks familiar to Harry.

History roll (55% skill) about the map:
d%

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:14 am
by Starspawn338

History 15
1d100

OOC:   History fail.  

"I got the panel working but does anyone know what this all means?"

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:29 am
by Snapper

Spoiler:
Do the other three men look themselves? Is there anything odd about any one of them? Besides the obvious.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:55 pm
by Mephistophilis

The idea of that worm continues to nag at Fr Malone, somewhere at the back of his mind there's a memory. If he can just put his finger on it. While he studies the strange snakeman symbols and tries, without success to understand what they mean, his brain continues to churn and process the image of the terrible larva writhing in the dark.

Suddenly he cries out, his memory snatching on to something, 'A bhole, that's what it is, a bhole!' At the dubious expressions on his companions' faces he tries to explain. 'That worm-thing. It was playing on my mind. I knew I'd heard of it, or something like it before.' He becomes more animated, a little flush to his skin. In his pocket he runs his fingers over the tiny idol, feeling the smooth, soft stone against his skin...

'In the Amazon, the natives there, they talk about a place they called the 'Dreamlands,' a world like our own in some ways but more connected with dreams. In the Dreamlands they say there is a creature called a 'bhole,' a gigantic worm that lives buried in the earth, avoiding the sun although it isn't harmed by it. These bholes are said to be connected in some way I don't really understand to another, similar creature they called a 'dhole,' this they said lived on other worlds.' He shakes his head in confusion. 'But this was just native superstition, I can't see how the lost tribes of the Amazon could know anything about these creatures here in Borneo...unless...no...they couldn't spread across the whole subterranean surface of the Earth?'

H5%d%

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe they saw them in their dreams," suggests Harry.

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:27 pm
by aine
“I don’t see why not. Worms this size could burrow for hundreds, thousands of miles, given the time. Imagine!” Jan exclaims.

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:31 pm
by Mephistophilis

Shaking his head, Alex repeats mournfully, 'Yes, imagine.'

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:31 am
by kabukiman
The map is from earth... about one million of years ago. You notice that one is probably what was Borneo, in this exactly place!

OOC: Make all a listen roll

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:01 am
by Snapper

1d%L48%

Extreme success.  
Crowley's nerves are jangling and he is very alert in this strange environment.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry is too fixated on the map to notice any sounds.

Listen roll (29% skill) in the control d%room:
d%

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:21 am
by Starspawn338

Listen 36
1d100

OOC:   Hard Listen Success  

Butch is examining the control panels when he hears something.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:05 pm
by Mephistophilis

The images on the screens are fascinating, Alex traces a finger across the primordial continents, 'Quite amazing, I wonder why they have these here...?'

L25%d%

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:00 pm
by kabukiman
Butch hear some strange footsteps he never heard.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:56 pm
by Snapper
  Did Crowley hear any more than Butch? Crowley had an Extreme Success.  

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:08 am
by Snapper

Crowley quickly unslings his shotgun.

He whispers to the others, "Something creepy this way comes. Stand to, lady and gentlemen."

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry holds his revolver and flashlight ready.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:21 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch will pull out his revolver and take cover by one of the control panels. He waves to the others and points in the direction he hears the strange footsteps.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:22 am
by kabukiman
And you see Shapiro that seems surprised to see you.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:14 am
by Snapper

Crowley immediately aims the shotgun at Shapiro.

"It's not Shapiro, it's an imposter!"

He focuses on the imposter. "Don't move! I know what you are. One false move and you get both barrels, on my word."

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"He sure looks like Dr. Shapiro," says Harry. "How can you be sure?"

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:01 am
by kabukiman
Shapiro looks surprised at you.
"What are you doing here?"

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:45 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex draws his revolver and levels it in the direction Crowley points. At the sight of Shapiro he gives a start. 'How did you get here?'

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"And what are you doing here?" Harry asks Dr. Shapiro. "Aren't you supposed to be working on a cure?"

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:07 pm
by Snapper

Crowley continues to sight 'Shapiro' down the barrels of his shotgun.

"Who are you and what have you done with the real Shapiro? Start talking or I'll be examining your blasted, bloodied remains to see what you're made of. In fact, that might be quicker. There's no way out for you, talk if you want to live."

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:10 pm
by Mephistophilis

Placing his free hand on the barrel of Crowley's shotgun, Alex says, 'Hold your horses Crowley, let the doctor explain himself.'

But he doesn't lower his revolver.

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:01 pm
by aine
Jan gives Crowley a strange look, What does he know? and saunters over to Shapiro with her elephant gun loaded but relaxed in her hands.
She looks hard at the doctor and gives him a sniff- was he the same as before?
“How did you know about this place, Doctor?”
Spot hidden: 49. Psychology: 20. I rolled ‘13’ but don’t know what skill would be most relevant.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:30 am
by kabukiman
"Well, since I couldn't do anything there, I decide to came to a safe place. This way the people die, the plague is contained and I'm safe. Seems a good deal, right? That is the same reason you came here.

He ignores the question of how he discovered this place.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:21 pm
by aine
“We certainly didn’t come here to be safe, we’re trying to solve the mystery. Are you telling me you came past those foul dog-men and that giant worm to be safe?! Exclaims Jan. she takes a step back and cocks her rifle.

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"That doesn't sound like something Dr. Shapiro would say at all," says Harry, brandishing his revolver. "You can drop the charade, we're onto you. Who are you, really? Or should I say, what are you?"

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:58 pm
by Mephistophilis

Sharing his colleagues' suspicions, Alex barks out in the best approximation he can make of the snakeman language, 'The game is up,' and he looks for a reaction, to see if this is Shapiro or someone impersonating him somehow.

HL21%d%

pHL71%d%

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:05 am
by Snapper

Crowley just watches Shapiro carefully, ready to fire both barrels at the first sign of treachery.

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:20 pm
by Starspawn338

With all the other guns out and trained on Dr. Shapiro, Butch will put his revolver away and step forward to examine Dr. Shapiro closely.

"I do not know how you knew about this place and you certainly didn't say anything about it to us. I don't think you are who you say you are but there's one way to be certain."

Butch pulls out his knife as he looks closely into Shapiro's eyes.

Other Language (Nacaal) 15
1d100

He tries to speak Nacaal without success. (What is this place?)

"Let's see if this is your real skin."

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:36 am
by kabukiman
Starspawn338 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:20 pm Image

With all the other guns out and trained on Dr. Shapiro, Butch will put his revolver away and step forward to examine Dr. Shapiro closely.

"I do not know how you knew about this place and you certainly didn't say anything about it to us. I don't think you are who you say you are but there's one way to be certain."

Butch pulls out his knife as he looks closely into Shapiro's eyes.

Other Language (Nacaal) 15
1d100

He tries to speak Nacaal without success. (What is this place?)

"Let's see if this is your real skin."
Butch, make a Pow roll.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:13 pm
by Starspawn338

POW 65
1d100

OOC:   Woot! Critical Success!  

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:32 pm
by kabukiman
Butch sees that Shapiro is looking very intensively to him... and that get's annoying. After a while he realizes that Shapiro was trying to hypnotize him and is starting to be afraid when he realize that it was a failure.

"Hum, what do you want?".

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

"You can start by telling us who and what you really are, and what you want," says Harry.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:29 pm
by kabukiman
"I think you have already guessed. I am not Shapiro. About what I want: power, isn't obvious? I have observed that the frontier between the dreamland and the awaken world is weaker here and many things from the other realm have come".

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:42 pm
by Mephistophilis

'Like the bholes?' asks Alex. These references to the Dreamlands again, almost like it's a real place.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"How do you plan to gain the power you seek?" asks Harry.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:18 am
by Snapper

"At last we're getting somewhere. I think."

"What is this 'Dreamlands? Is that what is making time pass strangely?"

"And where's the real Shapiro, while you're at it?"

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:28 am
by kabukiman
He shrugs his shoulders and say:
"Why speak of unpleasent things? He is no more in the world of the living and only remains in my memory. About the dreamland, it is a different plane that exist in the dreams, but sometimes it can touch the awakened world, I don't know why. But by killing people, the barrier is weakened and this way, the dreamland can encrouch further, making it possible to visit it directly; in this moment we can feel it's presence, but not be really there. It's like that the dreamland can be here, but the awakened world cannot be there. Anyway, the more people die, the mpre it will be visible. If I can do that, my reputation would increase with my peers "

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"Is that why you unleashed the disease?" asks Harry.

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:07 am
by Snapper

"Right, so we have established this is not Shapiro and I assume we're all happy it is not even human? And it's definitely killed the real Shapiro. For which it will never face trial. So, we could kill it without remorse. And we couldn't be charged with murder. That would make a nice change for me. Every time I shoot a porter, I face such legal hurdles, you wouldn't believe."

Crowley focused on the Shapiro-imposter. "Keep talking, you, give us a reason not to be done with you. Tell us about the giant worm." Even Crowley shudders when he mentions that nightmare...

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:25 am
by aine
“Tell us, is the disease in the locals caused by the weird fruit? And has the fruit and strange animals migrated here from this dreamlands? Or have you given the people the disease just to sacrifice them for this nefarious plot?”
Jan finds it easier to comprehend the incomprehensible by concentrating on the smaller details.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:23 am
by kabukiman
"Fruits? No the fruits don't make a thing. Well, some can kill you but that is expected. The disease was introduced by me: all I had to do was to contaminate the water. Ibdon't lnow what worm you are talking about, I didn't come from the same path you came. About killing me, what would youn win? And how did you recognize me so quick?"

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's just say you have a lot to learn about being human," says Harry.

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:42 am
by Snapper

"Very well. Is the bomb still real then? And how do we cure the sick people? Get them fresh water? Or will they still be diseased?"

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:58 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch looks over his shoulder at the others just talking to this creature that admittedly killed Sharpiro and poisoned the water of all the people here. Then he looks back at fake Shapiro.

"Shed Shapiro's likeness and let us see your true form!" Butch growls. "Or I swear to god that I'm going to start using this knife to do it myself."

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:02 pm
by aine
“Hold on, Butch. We first need to find out how to stop this dreamlands. Well, Meneer Shapiro?” Jan asks him.

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:14 pm
by kabukiman
"You want me to help you to stop the plan that I carefuly made? How stupid you are, your bunch of mammals! I want to clean this earth of your kind so my people can reclaim it's legacy!

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"Did you really think we would just let you do that?" asks Harry, taking aim with his revolver.

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:43 am
by Snapper

"I'm starting to wonder if keeping him alive as a prisoner is in fact the worse fate. If we die, he dies with us. If we live, he can spend the rest of his life locked in a cell guarded by the real Shapiro's friends."

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:04 am
by Starspawn338

"Last chance. Show us who you really are."

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:26 pm
by kabukiman
He sights, and you see his face transforming to a reptilian face. His scales are sandlooking, without the rich patterns that the lady snake had. And he looks more human. Maybe he isn't pure blood?

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 pm
by aine
Jan saunters forward again.
“From what I know of snakes, and I know a bit, they’ll never accept you; you’re not pure, you’re just a tool.”

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"How does that work?" asks Harry. "How can someone cross a man and a snake like that?"

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:33 am
by Snapper

Crowley cleared his throat and made a questioning hand gesture. "Well, it was a topic I intended to explore further with a certain lady of our recent acquaintance..."

"On a less cheery note by far, what if our friend here had eaten Shapiro in order to take on his appearance? Or drunk his blood? There are tribes in the highlands of New Guinea who believe eating someone allowed you to take on their attributes. Their strength or their cunning."

"The colour could be a residue of that, ah, absorbing meal maybe?"

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:16 pm
by kabukiman
aine wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:14 pm Jan saunters forward again.
“From what I know of snakes, and I know a bit, they’ll never accept you; you’re not pure, you’re just a tool.”
"IMy ancestors could make changes in a human to make it compatible. Even iI am not pure blood, I am accepted by others and I despise humans as a weak race!"

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:08 pm
by Mephistophilis

Taking in all this creature has to say, Alex eventually interjects. Gesturing at it with his revolver he asks, 'But not all of your kind feel like you do?'

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then you despise yourself," says Harry, "for you are half human. And you despise one of your parents, because your mother or your father had to be human. And if we're so weak, how did we get the better of you?"

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:59 am
by Snapper

"More compatible...?"

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:38 am
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:08 pm Image

Taking in all this creature has to say, Alex eventually interjects. Gesturing at it with his revolver he asks, 'But not all of your kind feel like you do?'
"I heard of rumors of a fool in the old times that wanted peace between our kinds, but she must already be dead. You have only win because you caught me by surprise. Anyway, your fellow humans in the camp will die since this is the only place in the area that will be safe from the blast, so victory is mine."

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"You're not safe here," says Harry. "We're here, and we did get the drop on you. It won't be much of a victory. And she is very much alive, by the way. We've met her. You could meet her too, if you come with us. You should hear what she has to say."

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:37 am
by Snapper

Crowley visibly tears his mind away from thoughts of snakey romance. "Focus, Crowley," he mutters.

"I wonder if we could backtrack our duplicitous snake friend here's movements? Maybe we could bring the other people on the island here for protection?"

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:07 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Good thinking," says Harry, checking his wristwatch. "How long until it goes boom?"

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:59 am
by Snapper

Crowley pulls out the Royal Flying Corps 'cockpit watch' he uses as a pocket watch. "What time does everyone have? I know it sounds like utter madness but I had the impression time moved differently for those of us in different locations."

OOC:   What time does Crowley have and what time was the bomb set to go off?  

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:01 pm
by Mephistophilis

Glancing at his wristwatch, Alex calls out the time.

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:19 am
by kabukiman
You have 12 hours to bring everyone here. You calculate that it was about 4 hours to get here.

"She is alive? And what? You want that she convince me to change my postition? That is stupid. We are a superior race".

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then you didn't just get beaten," says Harry, "you got beaten by your inferiors. Every race thinks it's superior. No more than one can be right, and it's the height of hubris to assume it's yours."

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:05 am
by Snapper

"Let's back-track whichever way snake boy here came, see if we can find the camp. If we bring people here, they'll be safe."

"And you are going to help us if you ever want to enjoy another dinner of rats and mice." This last was directed to "Shapiro" with a menacing look.

OOC:   What entrance did Shapiro use to get into this room?  

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"Snake boy is coming with us," says Harry. "If he wants to get back here before the big explosion, he'll do as he's told."

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:16 am
by kabukiman
He doesn't seem very happy, but agreed. He takes you to another tunnel (you don't past by the giant creature) and after what seems a long time, you get out in the camp. You look at the watches. Only 2 hours have actually pass.

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's gather and evacuate everyone, fast," says Harry.

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:29 pm
by aine
Jan raises an eyebrow, “This will be interesting. Why can’t one of you engineers defuse it?”

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:09 am
by Snapper

"I believe we have been down this rabbit hole already. The only engineer, or close to it, among us is Butch. And time is not our friend here. And whether or not Butch spent his last hour on this earth trying to defuse it, we should still be evacuating people just in case."

"I'd rather we kept the team together and just tried to save a few lives. Shall we walk and talk?" Crowley gestures for the party to make a move.

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:11 pm
by Mephistophilis

With some trepidation, Alex goes looking for Shapiro, 'Perhaps, maybe, there is the slightest chance Shapiro's machine might have synthesised a cure before he met the snakeman?'

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:09 pm
by Starspawn338

Once they get back to the camp, Butch will seek out Shapiro's tent to see how far he got in analyzing the poison and potentially preparing an antidote. If he can find the bomb, he will examine it also to see if it can be disarmed.

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:42 am
by Snapper

"I'll guard the snake if others want to start gathering everyone who can walk."

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:11 pm
by kabukiman
Starspawn338 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:09 pm Image

Once they get back to the camp, Butch will seek out Shapiro's tent to see how far he got in analyzing the poison and potentially preparing an antidote. If he can find the bomb, he will examine it also to see if it can be disarmed.
Butch:
You can see several vials ready and the book of instructions near the machine that make the cure.

And the bomb.

Make a spot hidden roll please.

The other players:

To the others who want to convince people to come with you: use persuade or fast talk. Each sucess will convince 60 persons to come with you. One roll each player.

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:35 pm
by Starspawn338

Spot Hidden 62
1d100

OOC:   Spot Hidden Hard Success  

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:48 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Alex will have gone with Butch to look for Shapiro, or what remains of him, and the results of his research  

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy

While people skills aren't Harry's strong point, he manages to convince a lot of people of the impending danger and to agree to come with them to the cave, where it'll be safe.

Persuade roll (10% base skill) to convince people to come with us:
d%
I'll spend 8 Luck to make that a success.

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:06 am
by kabukiman
Starspawn338 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:35 pm Image

Spot Hidden 62
1d100

OOC:   Spot Hidden Hard Success  
Butch and Alex
You find blood (a great quantity) in a corner of the tent.
On the positive side, the vials are very carefully stored, so they are probably the cure.

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:19 pm
by Mephistophilis

'I am afraid it looks like the snakeman was telling the truth about Dr Shapiro's fate,' notes Alex, looking over the buckets of blood soaking into the corner of the room. Turning to the vials he extracts one from the rack. 'But it seems Shapiro came up with the goods before he met his end. We need to start inoculating people now. If only we could disable the bomb.'

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:44 am
by Snapper

Crowley busied himself tying the snake's hands together behind his back and guarding him at shotgun point, avoiding getting to close to the snake man's face or looking closely into his eyes.

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:33 am
by Starspawn338

After confirming that Shapiro is probably dead and seeing the possible cure, Butch will look for the bomb to see if he has any shot at disarming it.

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:01 pm
by kabukiman
Starspawn338 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:33 am Image

After confirming that Shapiro is probably dead and seeing the possible cure, Butch will look for the bomb to see if he has any shot at disarming it.
Roll cthulhu mythos and mechanical repair.

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex tries to figure out how he can use the cure to inoculate people and how many shots are available.

d39%d%

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:50 am
by Starspawn338

Cthulhu Mythos 8
1d100

Mechanical Repair 65
1d100

Talent: Handy Reduces Difficulty Level or Bonus Die
Bonus Die if applicable
1d10

OOC:   Yes for Mechanical Repair. No for Cthulhu Mythos  

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:15 am
by kabukiman
Starspawn338 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:50 am Image

Cthulhu Mythos 8
1d100

Mechanical Repair 65
1d100

Talent: Handy Reduces Difficulty Level or Bonus Die
Bonus Die if applicable
1d10

OOC:   Yes for Mechanical Repair. No for Cthulhu Mythos  

Evdn if you manage to identify several parts of the device, most of it is too alien to be properly understood. You give up in despair.

Alex:
You can inoculate about 30 persons.

And time is passing...

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:37 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Did we inoculate anyone with the vaccine yet?  

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:05 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry gathers the people who are willing to go with them and gets them ready to go.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:47 am
by aine
“Well, you see there’s this bomb. Which is a big metal sphere, what? Oh you know, round like the sun? Yes but much smaller- no not that small- this big (Jan stretches out her arms). Anyway, it’s going to explode and flatten this whole area and everyone in it.” Jan looks round at the blank expressions of the local ladies.”
“Okay, let’s try again. Imagine a big lightning strike…”
Persuade: 10 roll: 40 FAIL

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:11 am
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:37 pm
OOC:   Did we inoculate anyone with the vaccine yet?  
No

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:01 pm
by Mephistophilis
Loading up the vaccine into a syringe, Alex goes looking for the others. 'If we're going to help these people we're going to need to be vaccinated ourselves. Any volunteers?'

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"Do we have time to do that now?" asks Harry. "We need to get people into the tunnel fast. I've already organized about 60 of them."

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:05 am
by Mephistophilis
'Sixty potentially infected people? All together...'

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:32 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We only have thirty doses, but we don't have to worry," says Harry. "It can't spread by personal contact, only by ingesting the tainted stuff."

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:19 am
by Snapper

1d%pd10%

Fail.  

Holding a revolver to Shapiro's back, Crowley hauled him out and addressed the remaining camp occupants, trying to convince them to escape with the party. Unfortunately, he had never been a good politician or competent public speaker.

(As his lecture students would attest.)

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:24 pm
by Mephistophilis

'How do we know the infection cannot spread with consuming the food. I saw those yellow buboes erupting and killing that woman. It doesn't seem unlikely that it can still be spread between people. And Shapiro said the vaccine can only help those in Stage 1 of the disease, after that it is useless. What spread of infection do we have in the people here? And are Captain Lancaster and his men outside the blast zone of the bomb?' Alex is far from convinced by the current plan.

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:17 pm
by aine
Jan curses and loads her elephant gun. She fires it into the air, the boom reverberates around the jungle,
“Everyone get moving- or I shall get cross!” She shouts at the natives and points her gun at them.
Intimidate 15, roll 34. Jan just doesn’t have people skills- of any sort

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then we'll inject whoever is willing from among those who are no further along than the first stage, for as long as the supplies last, with priority to those in Stage 1," says Harry. "Everyone else can wait until we're able to manufacture more. We'll all survive in the tunnel after the bomb goes off, and then we can come back to the surface. If the vaccine works, then those who have been injected will be safe even if other people can spread it. And if it doesn't work, then it doesn't really matter who gets it and who doesn't."

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:56 pm
by Mephistophilis

Still unconvinced, Alex nevertheless shrugs and steps up to show the locals the vaccine. 'Ladies and gentlemen. I have here a cure for this cursed infection. Those of you who choose to accompany us to safety will have the opportunity to avail of it if you wish. Now hurry please...'

H75%d%

OOC:   Of course, a fail on a 75% skill!  

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:22 pm
by aine
Jan watches the locals as Father Alex gives his speech. “I’m not sure they’ve ever heard of The Lord; they seem quite unimpressed.” She says, looking at their blank faces.

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:54 am
by Snapper

"Let's get those who are willing to come with us to safety. If the others follow, excellent, but we can't waste time."

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:18 am
by kabukiman
OOC: If you are pointing guns, to the natives, I'l give you 15% of bonus in intimidate; if you suceed, it means a group is afraid and coming with you; if you fail, they simply run away.

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:27 pm
by aine
Even with +15, Jan misses her intimidate by 4, I’ll spend 4 luck…

Jan fires her elephant gun. The natives panic and run into the jungle… (hopefully in the right direction?)

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy

I did succeed at my Persuade roll earlier (after spending 7 Luck).

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:04 am
by Starspawn338

Intimidate 15 (+15 for gun)
1d100

OOC:   Hard Success on Intimidate. If it helps I can spend 2 luck and make it an extreme success.  

Once he finishes examining the alien bomb, Butch will brandish his pistol and yell at the locals. "This thing is going to blow up. Everybody needs to leave NOW!

He will take one of the doses of vaccine and give it to himself as he heads to the safe area they came from.

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:51 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex administers himself a dose and follows Butch. 'God helps those who help themselves, at least so the ancient Greeks thought.'

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm
by kabukiman
Starspawn338 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:04 am Image

Intimidate 15 (+15 for gun)
1d100

OOC:   Hard Success on Intimidate. If it helps I can spend 2 luck and make it an extreme success.  

Once he finishes examining the alien bomb, Butch will brandish his pistol and yell at the locals. "This thing is going to blow up. Everybody needs to leave NOW!

He will take one of the doses of vaccine and give it to himself as he heads to the safe area they came from.
With the extreme success, you get 120 people instead of 60.
Between your successes, Jan and Mr Handy, you get practicaly everyone running in the right direction.
You go to the jungle, weapons in the hand, with all thatb people afraid (except the ones that Mr Handy persuaded). The group is going slowly, because a lot of the people is sick and cannot walk fast.

Tic tac.
1 hour have passed. Some of you notice that the forest is getting... strange. Plants with strange shapes. Weird noises. Small furtive animals that you only see their shadows.

Please everyone make a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:51 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex is preoccupied vaccinating as many of the people as he can, and notices little of their changing surroundings.

pHdd36%d%

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry notices something.

Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) in the jungle:
d%

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:07 am
by Snapper

1d%pHdd60%

Extreme Success!!  

Crowley's eyes were everywhere...

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:14 am
by Starspawn338

Spot Hidden 62
1d100

Butch is keeping the people moving and is not watching his surroundings.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:18 am
by kabukiman
Harry notice a huge web near the place you are passing.

You see a giant black spider, bigger than a cow, in a tree. She has multiple eyes, her legs with lot's of coarse hair. She is doing something with her abdomen and then vomit a bit of web somewhere in front of you

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:55 pm
by aine
Jan is far too focused looking down her sights, trying to shoot one of the skittering animals to notice anything else.
Roll: 84 fail

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Look at the size of that web," says Harry, gripping his revolver and pointing at it. "If it's that huge, how big is the spider that spun it?"

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:02 am
by Snapper

"Oh dear." Crowley swung his shotgun up and aimed at the creature. "Very well, lady and gentlemen, do we talk to this one? Follow where my piece is pointed and you'll see it."

He cleared his throat and in a loud, clear voice addressed the animal. "Mr Fluffy! Is that you?"

You may recall Crowley's previous mention of his errant pet Amazonian tarantula, that he kept on a leash and which had a nice pet collar. Said arachnid escaped after eating the cooked frog Crowley was planning on making his own dinner.

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Oh," says Harry, aiming his revolver at the giant spider. "That big. I think it's a female. Only female spiders spin webs."

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 am
by kabukiman
Well, it is 1/1d10 of sanity to watch that monstruosity,

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:01 pm
by aine
sanity:36, roll:35. Phew. I’m not sure Jan is going to last much longer.

Jan looks twice through her sights, “It really is that big.” She btreahes. And then lowers her rifle.
“Let’s tip toe past shall we?”

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:51 pm
by Mephistophilis

Raising his revolver, Alex follows Crowley's gesture. 'Oh fu....' he mumbles. 'My, that's a big one. Do they usually come in that size?' Taking a nip of whiskey he adds in a whisper, ' I second Miss De Beer's suggestion.'

70%d%

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:33 am
by Snapper

1d%24%

Unexpected success. Crowley will use his Resilient talent to lose 1 Luck instead.  

"We don't really need to tiptoe, I just called to it. It knows we're here."

"There is the possibility Mr Fluffy was female, I suppose. It's not like I could tell. That 'only females and web' thing Harry mentioned is news to me."

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:54 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry isn't terribly disturbed. At least it isn't a giant snake.

Sanity roll (current level 31) for seeing the giant spider:
d%
1 Sanity lost.

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:32 pm
by Starspawn338

Sanity 52
1d100

OOC:   Success  

Butch looks up at all the commotion and pulls his rifle off his shoulder when he sees the size of the spider. It doesn't faze him as much as seeing the gigantic worm but it also doesn't look like they will be able to sneak by it with all the panicked villagers.

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:46 am
by Snapper

Crowley shrugged, still secretly wistful for Mr Fluffy. He took a breath and shouted. "I say, spider! Will you let us pass in peace?!"

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:29 am
by kabukiman
And the villagers stop, start looking at you and then carefully try to see what you looking at...

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:29 pm
by Mephistophilis

'My, my. Well doesn't that patch of foliage look remarkably like a spider!' notes Alex, already anticipating what might happen if the villagers get a good look. 'Quite, quite remarkable. Anyway everyone keep moving, my colleagues her will just take a little look into the trees, make sure there's nothing to worry about...'

Not sure what to roll for trying to prevent them all going mad. Mass Psychoanalysis maybe. I'll roll Psychoanalysis with a penalty die.
pHL80%d%pLd1d10

Ooh, just pass!

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:30 am
by kabukiman
Somehow you manage to calm down the locals who follow the trail without much a fuss. Meanwhile, the spider launch a second web thread in front of you...

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:15 am
by Snapper

"Listen spider! As my former pet Mr Fluffy would tell you, I am famously a friend to spiders! But you are really testing the bonds here! What can we do to avoid blood, or goo, being shed?!"

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:00 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We should light torches," suggests Harry. "That should keep it back, and the flames would make quick work of the webs."

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:51 pm
by aine
“Great idea. Anyone got a match?” Jan walks warily forwards to look closer at the strands of web and then casts about on the jungle floor for something to burn.

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:04 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I've got a Zippo lighter," says Harry, taking it out with his left hand while keeping his revolver in his right. "Lights the first time, every time."

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:16 am
by Starspawn338

"I've got a gasoline blowtorch." Butch says. "It's in my backpack if you want to take it out." He will keep his rifle trained at the spider though.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:58 am
by kabukiman
OOC: No roll needed. It take you just some time, Meanwhile the spider continues with her web...

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:53 am
by kabukiman
The web gets in flame very quickly.
The people behind you seems nervous.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:12 pm
by aine
“I think we should run past now, the flames won’t last long!” Jan starts beckoning to the villagers whilst watching the spider.
“What a brute.”

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:46 am
by Snapper

Crowley sighed. "I confess, I was hoping we could talk this one into cooperating."

"Can I suggest we place ourselves between it, ah, her and the people we're rescuing? Ready to respond if she gets annoyed. Or hungry."

"Spider! We really don't want to hurt you!" Crowley's shotgun was aimed at the beast though, just in case.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry guides the people past the spider, keeping his revolver trained on it.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:48 pm
by Starspawn338

Butch will continue past the spider with the people. He will not shoot at the spider unless it moves towards them.

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:54 pm
by Mephistophilis

Hurrying the people along, Alex looks at spider, and on the off chance tries to remember how to say Hello in Nahacal. All that comes out is garbled nonsense.

HL19%d%

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:13 pm
by kabukiman
She let you pass, still observing you with her multiple eyes.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry watches the spider back as he ushers everyone past her. "Ma'am," he says, tipping his hat.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:11 am
by Snapper

Crowley looked unreasonably pleased with this outcome. "Well, that went a lot better than expected."

"See, chaps and lady, we don't need to shoot first every time."

Activating "smug" mode.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:13 pm
by Mephistophilis

'Not unless they're carrion-feeders, eh Crowley?' notes Alex, recalling the fate of those subterranian corpse-eaters.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:48 pm
by kabukiman
Tic-tac
Another hour has passed. The group is very slow walking. And then you all hear screams from the rear of the group.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry looks back, his revolver still in his hand.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:09 am
by Snapper

Crowley hurried to the rear of the crowd, shotgun at the ready. "I really hope this isn't the spider."

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:01 pm
by Starspawn338

"What's going on back there?" Butch yells and holds his position while encouraging the group to keep going.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:44 pm
by Mephistophilis

Hurrying towards the noise, Alex holds his revolver out in front of him, searching for signs of an attacker.

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:22 pm
by aine
“Zis is what happens when you don’t shoot first. I’ll guard the front of the line.” Jan ushers the villagers to follow her at a faster pace, looking around carefully in case of ambush. If she sees an easy tree to climb that would give her some good vantage, she’ll use that to scan the route (with her rifle)

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:33 pm
by kabukiman
When you arrive near the screams, you see a pack of 4 rodent-creatures (smaller then dogs, bigger than cats) with small tentacles dangling from their snouts that are attacking one of the children that was behind; some of the villagers are shouting se they leave the kid, but the creatures don't care.

Everyone except Crowley and Jan:
Roll sanity. If you fail, loose 1d3. If you don't fail, don't loose anything.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:08 pm
by Mephistophilis

Seeing the foul creatures, Alex doesn't blink, he just calmly takes aim and fires a single shot into the nearest one, trying to avoid hitting the child but trying to scare the monsters away. What are these foul beasts?

HLHH19%d%

69%d%

F(Hd)59%d%
Ld1d10

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry's eyes go wide as he takes aim at the creatures. At least they're not snakes.

Sanity roll (current level 30) for seeing the creatures:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6/2
3 Sanity lost.

Can we all shoot now?

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:58 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:38 am Image

Harry's eyes go wide as he takes aim at the creatures. At least they're not snakes.

Sanity roll (current level 30) for seeing the creatures:
d%
Sanity loss:
1d6/2
3 Sanity lost.

Can we all shoot now?
OOC: yes

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:04 am
by Snapper

Crowley raised an eyebrow. "These are the things Jan and I found. You may recall me asking the rest of you to examine the remains of one I brought back to camp. And that you ignored."

He aimed the shotgun casually and took a pot-shot with one barrel.

1d%H73%

Regular hit.  
4d6

7 points damage.  

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry opens fire on the creatures, and two of his shots strike home, one of them drilling a creature perfectly.

Firearms(Handgun) roll (77% skill) shooting at the creatures, shot 1 of 3:
d%
Damage from .45 bullet:
1d10+2
Firearms(Handgun) roll (77% skill) shooting at the creatures, shot 2 of 3:
d%
Firearms(Handgun) roll (77% skill) shooting at the creatures, shot 3 of 3:
d%
Damage from impaling .45 bullet:
2d10+4

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:32 am
by Starspawn338

Sanity 51
1d100
Loss if applicable
1d6

OOC:   Sanity Success  

Listening to the gunfire at the back of the group, Butch will stand his ground at the middle and urge the villagers to continue to follow Jan.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:07 pm
by kabukiman
Crowley wounds one of the creatures, who run away, Harry transform another in a mass of blood and meat. The other creatures look at you with malevolent eyes... but escape.
The kid is still crying, full of bruises and the villagers try to help and confort him. But they seem grateful for what you did.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:18 pm
by Mephistophilis

'Time to go everyone. Nothing to see here!' Alex rushes back to the main group and begins hurrying them on. 'Just some kind of...wild dog,' he says.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry guides the people onward, reloading his revolver. There will be time to treat the bruises once they reach safety.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:19 am
by Snapper

Whistling to himself, Crowley stood guard at the rear of the crowd as he reloaded the shotgun. His intention was to be the last man out, guarding their exit.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:37 pm
by aine
Hearing plenty of gunfire, Jan assumes her colleagues have the issue in hand. She continues to urge the villagers forward whilst keeping an eye out for an ambush ahead.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:18 am
by kabukiman
Some time latter you get outside of the forest and you have two choices: go by a tunnel (and pass by the giant worm) or try to climb a mount,

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Isn't the tunnel the only way we know of to get to the safe area?

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:45 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes.

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're going to have to sneak past the worm again," says Harry. "It's the only route we know to where it's safe. We'll have to keep everyone calm."

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:58 am
by Snapper

"Well, when we backtracked snake-man here, we didn't see the giant worm that time. If we follow that same path again, we should be safe, shouldn't we?"

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's hope so," says Harry, "because we don't have any other choice."

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:38 am
by aine
Jan hefts her rifle, “Give me any excuse and that worm’s a trophy!” Jan will stay at the front of the column and will walk on ahead to scout for trouble.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:59 pm
by Starspawn338

"Just keep everyone eyes front and we should be okay."

Butch will try to put his back to the worm when they get to that point and ensure that the villagers keep going past him with their eyes averted from what's behind him.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:06 pm
by Mephistophilis

Trying his best to distract the locals, Alex starts to recite a sermon. 'Lord Jesus Christ, we pray that you will grant us, our families, and all of our possessions, the love and the power of your most precious blood. Bind and drive out from among us any evil spirits opposed to your kingdom. Surround all of us with your heavenly angels...' he intones solemnly.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:48 am
by aine
Jan leads the way past the worm.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:19 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Sorry, I wasn't online in the past few days. You can follow the path of the worm OR useby the path that the snakeman have bring you last time (no worm, but it takes more time and time is passing).

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

How much time do we have left, and how much time did each route take before?

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:22 am
by Snapper
Crowley will definitely vote to steer away from the worm and hope for the best with time. A lot of the rabble will go insane if they see it.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:35 pm
by kabukiman
If you follow the way of the worm, you will have plenty of time... as long as you can convince the people to pass by the worm.
In the other path, it will take more time but you should arrive... if the crowd is fast.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm not too good at convincing people of things," says Harry. "I got them to come along, but I think I was lucky. Getting them to go past a giant worm is beyond my abilities, though. Heck, I don't even want to go past it again myself. But it's better than risking getting blown up. If one of you thinks you can get them to go that way fast, go for it. Otherwise, we'll have to take the long way and run like our lives depend on it - because they do."

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:13 am
by Snapper

"I vote we take the reverse of the snake-man's path, and stay well away from the worm. We take our chances and try to move quickly."

"Otherwise, seeing the worm could cause complete panic and chaos."

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:34 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex nods at Crowley's words. 'I don't think these people can cope with any more horrors.'

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's move quickly along the safer route," says Harry. "We'd better run."

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:04 am
by Starspawn338

"I guess we're off then." Butch grumbles reluctantly. "Let's get a move on everyone. We need to get out of these tunnels and out to where we are safe from the plague and these strange monsters."

And with that, Butch will break into a slow jog.

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:03 pm
by kabukiman
All:
Roll persuade pr fast talk.

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:45 pm
by Mephistophilis
pd10%d%

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry's pleas fall on deaf ears.

Persuade roll (10% base skill) to convince people to take the longer route:
d%

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:58 am
by Snapper

1d%pd10%

Fail.  
As every student he had ever lectured knew, Crowley was not a gifted public speaker. And true to form, he failed to capture the attention of this current crowd.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:22 am
by Starspawn338

Persuade 10
1d100

Intimidate 15
1d100

Butch isn't very persuasive but he does have his gun out and will threaten anyone who doesn't move with sufficient haste.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:16 am
by kabukiman
You notice that the group is walking slowly. Some of the people are tired, others simply don't seem to understand the urgency, since everything seems going fine. Being in those long corridors isn't easy too to some people.

Roll again persuade/fast talk.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:04 am
by Mephistophilis
'Come on people, we need to go quickly!' He becomes increasingly animated, waving his arms. 'Más rápido, más rápido, debemos darnos prisa.' Taking out his Bible he starts reciting lines about the dangers of demons. 'Sobrii estote vigilate quia adversarius vester diabolus tamquam leo rugiens circuit quaerens quem devoret,' he intones.

pd10%d% I'll spend the 9 Luck

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:04 pm
by Snapper

1d%pd10%

Fail.  

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Finally, Harry finds his tongue. He emphasizes the danger they're in and the need to move as fast as possible to get to safety, and that motivates everyone.

Persuade roll (10% base skill) to convince people to take the longer route, second try:
d%
No need to spend Luck. I've got this covered.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:36 am
by kabukiman
They start moving with a bit more of energy. After a while, they seem to go slower again.
And then you all hear an explosion very far. But the sound is getting near.
On the oposite direction you see the light from the refuge of the serpent men where you should be safe. About 400 meters?
Everybody starts running in panic.

OOC: Make a con roll.

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:55 pm
by Snapper

1d%65%

Hard Success.  
As best he could, Crowley sprinted.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry runs like his life depends on it - because it does. He just barely reaches the safe zone in time.

CON roll (80% stat) to run faster:
d%

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:11 am
by Starspawn338

Con 65
1d100

At the sound of the first explosion, Butch picks up the pace. As the sounds get closer, he breaks into a sprint towards safety. As he's running, he encourages those around him to run faster.

"RUN LIKE YOUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT!"

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:33 pm
by Mephistophilis
'RUN!!!' shouts Alex and he moves as fast as his aged legs can carry him, finding a strength he didn't think he still had. Muttering a thankful prayer under his breath, between wheezing lungfuls of air.

50%d%

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:58 pm
by aine
Although initially Jan is up front, she gets knocked over n the stampede and then struggles to catch up again; all that drinking has taken its toll.
Con 80 roll: 95

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Your CON is 95. That's (barely) a success.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:52 am
by kabukiman
You and all crowd manages (just in time) to get in the new shelter; you see a cliud of fire some meters behind you.

You all feeled exhausted but you maged to save everyone.

OOC: Can we forward? The scenario is finished.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:33 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Happy to move forward.  

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

I'm good to move forward too.

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:24 am
by Starspawn338

Happy to have saved so many of the people, Butch is ready to leave this sweat soaked jungle.

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:55 pm
by Mephistophilis

Alex collapses into a corner, mumbling prayers to himself in between mouths of whiskey. He watches the cloud of fire rising in the distance and crosses himself. What kind of people would do this? Caduceus are trying to play God.

OOC:   Happy to move on  

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:47 pm
by kabukiman
After a day or two, 4 people die... but the others get better. So, you decide to return to the village.

When you leave the area, ypu discovered that everything is burned to charcoal. No remains of the strange fauna, just some dead trees. All the water has evaporated. The locals are shocked with what they see, but very grateful to you, since they (finally) undesrtand what could have hapen to them.
Afetr several days of travel, you arrive near your plane; you have another one from Caduceus ready to transport you and the voyage is quick to New York.