Page 1 of 1

OOC - Chat

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:31 am
by Mephistophilis
Somewhere to have any OOC discussions.

Re: OOC - Chat

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sorry all, very busy with work, should get more posts up by the weekend.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:32 am
by Mephistophilis
Sorry everyone. Things still manic at work. Will get responses up in the next few days.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:52 am
by SunlessNick
My internet has a limited monthly data plan, and is running on fumes. If I disappear, that's why, and I will be back Monday.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:11 pm
by SunlessNick
I'm having net troubles - I won't be able to log on from home until Wednesday at the earliest. Sorry.

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
How are we finding the game is going? As a new keeper I'm always interested in feedback. Are we too slow? Too unfocused? It's supposed to be pretty freeform exploration wise but I know there's a risk of decision paralysis or a lack of useable clues.

Personally I'm not loving the d6 mechanic, a bit too abstract for me.

Anything you'd like done differently (not making any promises mind)?

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:59 pm
by SunlessNick
I'm enjoying the scenario. I quite the dilemmas I can feel building up for Florence. It's the first time I've played a character with children.

I'm not enjoying the Dark system, I admit, but that's outweighed by the scenario.

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:23 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm enjoying it too. The system in Cthulhu Dark is very simple. I've played it before several times, and while I prefer Call of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Dark is nice in that it's easy to learn and doesn't get in the way of the story. Of course, it's pretty much impossible to have a campaign in Cthulhu Dark in the traditional sense, as characters that survive a scenario are in poor condition to enter another. The pace is about right for me, and while there aren't many clues we can use, we have plenty of places to explore.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:34 pm
by Mephistophilis
Cool - we'll press on then...I'm sure it's all going to work out for the best.

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:23 pm
by Mephistophilis
Super busy until after the weekend - posting with be infrequent at best.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:14 pm
by SunlessNick
I'm going to be away Thursday and Friday - a funeral. I think I'll be able to post normally after that. Sorry.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:39 pm
by Mephistophilis
No problem, as an FYI I'm going to be away for next week and then the week after. So I'll be posting less frequently.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:41 am
by Mephistophilis
TheWayEternal has asked to join.

Any objections? I think we can easily cater for another character and the Cthulhu Dark rules should make a fairly gentle introduction to PbP.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:50 pm
by Mephistophilis
I'm going to offer them a place - we need new blood and games for newbies.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:39 pm
by SunlessNick
Ace! Welcome boar TWE.

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome, TheWayEternal! The more, the merrier.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:17 pm
by Mephistophilis
Not heard any more from TheWayEternal.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:31 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sorry guys, being a bit slow, snowed under with work and away the end of this week. Hopefully return to a bit more regular posting next week or so.

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 am
by Mephistophilis
Sorry, working/on-call this holiday weekend but off next week so hope to catch up then.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:38 pm
by Mephistophilis
Hi all, things kicking off at work (and at home unfortunately) with, I dunno, the fourth wave of COVID now. Will endeavour to post but could well be delayed.

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
SunlessNick is away from home and unable to access this site, possibly until January 5th but hopefully sooner. I got a PM on Yog-Sothoth.com. All of SunlessNick's characters can act as needed until then.

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:56 pm
by Mephistophilis
I'll be slowing down for Chritsmas anyway so I won't make any drastic actions.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:52 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sorry all, bit tied up with real life. Will try and get posting again as soon as I can.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:52 pm
by Mephistophilis
Sorry, I know I'm being crap at keeping up with the posting but the personal and professional spheres are crazy busy at the moment. Hope to get things back to being a bit more regular as soon as I can.

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:26 pm
by Mephistophilis
Hope you don't mind, I've put this on the back burner while I've been away since it is just you and me playing and also because I need to set up a new scene.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy
That's fine. I'm really busy myself anyway.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:02 pm
by Mephistophilis
I'm making no judgement as to the wisdom of summoning some kind of god in a Cthulhu game!

Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:57 pm
by Mephistophilis
I'm away for a week with rubbish internet so posting will be sporadic or non-existent,

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:52 pm
by Mephistophilis
Will start a thread for 'tomorrow' when I'm back from hols.