IC - Day 6 - The Circle of Life

Terror Lurks beneath the waves...

In Dame Marie, sleeping villagers walk in the dead of night - they return without memory, naked and soaking from the sea...when they return at all...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Re: IC - Day 6 - The Circle of Life

Post by Mephistophilis »

Laurent's words shake Dr Clermont from his reverie over the remains of the creature, pinned and splayed across the metal dissecting table. 'Oui, oui, I think we have learned all that we can for now. I will examine some of these samples in more detail but as for the rest...' He indicates the hollowed out cavities and stinking mass of entrails and fetches a large canvas bag, indicating for Laurent to dispose of the remains within.

He leaves Laurent to carry the bag and leads him to a squat outside building with a tall chimney. Inside is the hospital incinerator which is still alight. As the doctor opens the door, Laurent feels a blast of heat escape. The doctor gestures inside and Laurent heaves the bag as best he can into a cloud of ash and searing flames. Slamming the door shut, Dr Clermont says 'You know I feel a little better knowing that has been destroyed.' But both Laurent and Dr Clermont remain stood in front of the furnace for a few minutes, just watching the heavy metal door and thinking about what is behind.

'That petit monstre was evolved for a life in the oceans, not on land. As hideous as it is for us here I shudder to think about encountering one under the water.'

OOC:   Roll Insight - scoring under your current Insight and you can drop your Insight by one from having destroyed the remnants of that...thing.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They'd be dangerous enough on land," says Laurent. "I would not want to encounter one in its element."

Roll to reduce Insight (current level 5) for destroying the creature:
1d6
Insight reduced to 4.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I am sorry that you have had to see so much...unpleasantness,' says the old doctor sadly. 'And now we have an even worse task. We must return to Dame Marie to tell Florence Lavigne what has happened to her daughter.' Laurent notices a tiny tear track down from the doctor's left eye.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laurent nods, barely holding back tears himself. "Oui, we must," he says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper