IC-Ep 3-Burning Daylight(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Burning Daylight(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maxwell's Sanitarium - London, England
10:00 AM - Tuesday, September 10, 1940

Everyone got back together in the lobby of Maxwell's Sanitarium just as the clock struck ten.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: IC-Burning Daylight(Everyone)

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene smiles sheepishly, pleased to see everyone but somewhat embarrassed that they witnessed the breakdown that led him to the hospital.

"I'm glad you're all here; and still alive. Tell me, is that witch locked up? I-I think that monster she summoned is still in their warehouse."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Mrs Exeter is back in her room but she said she can escape at any time- with magic no less! And she's alone with only her daughter at the moment." Says Phyllis disapprovingly, looking pointedly at Anna.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

“What!?” Eugene asks, staring at Anna, aghast. “You left them together? Alone!? Didn’t you see what they did to me with their magic? We have stop them before they unleash that monster again!”
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Archie looks delighted to find everyone together. "In these times, it is a blessing every time friends meet and everyone is safe. Be calm Eugene, all will be well."

"We have some information we must share with you all - ah - somewhat more privately."

He continues more quietly so as not to be overheard, leaning towards his friends. "I think it is important to realise that the daughter and husband, however horrible, crazed and misguided their actions have been, are not emotionless monsters. They are two desperate Londoners, one a war hero, who I now understand just want to end this war and start a family."

"Of course they cannot continue with this hideous venture. I believe that they have been convinced the ends justify the means." Archie looks meaningfully towards where the patients are located. "If only we could sway them from the grip of the mother."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story clears his throat and looks at Eugene and then Archie, "Whether we persuade the daughter or she escapes again makes no difference. We are fully capable of stopping the beast." He runs his hand through his hair and continues, "It would be a shame if it was turned on Mrs Exeter."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie looks at Anna. "Perhaps we could use your office for a few minutes? Benjamin and I could give everyone a proper report."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna gestures to the others to follow her to her office and she asks an orderly to check on Mrs Exeter and her daughter.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Nervously looking over his shoulder, Eugene follows everyone into the office.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The orderly did as told and went to the ward where Catherine Exeter was. Everyone crowded into Anna's office, which was a tight fight, but manageable.
OOC,[b]Catherine[/b] is in a large ward, not a private room. There are other patients and staff there, so she isn't completely alone with her daughter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin clears his throat. "We actually found an interesting notebook in the house. Apparently, he has an appointment today with a certain with a Squadron Leader Reeves, and a note for 1800 hours (6:00 PM): "Meet Madeline at Liverpool Street Station. Tonight's our last chance, as I go back up tomorrow." For tomorrow, he has an appointement at 0700 hours "New planes arrive. Going back up with Barrow and the rest of the wing." So, I think tonight is our chance to deal with this once and for all!"
Last edited by Pastiche on Sun May 10, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie nods. "Yes, that's right. The appointment with Sqn Ldr Reeves is at 1400 today, that's 2 o'clock."

"And there was a letter from a Capt Travers in the United States, dated 1938. The letter was in regard to the possible sale to Steadman of a miniature coffin containing a gem. Apparently it had been found at sea."

"Benjamin, I believe you have the letter?"
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

"Indeed, here it is!" Benjamin says, holding it up to anyone who wants to take a closer look.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"The gem! That must be the one they use for their magic; t-the one they used on me." Eugene winces.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'Phyllis, did they find anything amongst her possessions when she was brought in?' asks Anna.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Not that I'm aware of. She had those pages of Egyptian but they blew away before we could look at them." Phyllis replies to Anna. "If this is their last night then Mrs Exeter will be escaping again and she'll be going to that gem if she needs it for her magic.
I think it's something that will help our airmen in the sky according to her. But it's actually some sort of beast, maybe Egyptian. I don't really know." She finishes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The pages came from a book that she had had," said Brook. "It fell apart in Elizabeth's hands and blew away in the wind when she got it outside, but you did save that one page."

The letter, for those who hadn't seen it before, read as follows:
"September 25, 1938
Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Dear Captain Steadman,

Thank you for showing an interest in my discovery. To be honest, I had had no idea of its value when I first found it. One finds all sorts of detritus when fishing on an industrial scale, but this is the oddest thing I have ever seen. It looks nothing so much like a tiny coffin, undoubtedly very old. I did not want to risk opening it, for fear of damaging it or its contents, but I had it X-rayed at Brown University. There is some kind of small stone within, perhaps a crystal or gemstone. They believe it to be at least five thousand years old. If you are ever in Providence, feel free to drop by and examine it, though that does not seem likely to happen any time soon considering the current political situation. I fear your country may be at war within a week, and you will doubtless be called to duty in its defense in that event. Should you wish to purchase the artifact, I will entertain your offer, though you will need to make it a good one. There has been interest in it from both Brown University and Miskatonic University in Arkham, Massachusetts.

Sincerely,
Captain Dominick Travers"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

OOC:   Now that Archie can think properly again, without the fear of imminently being arrested for burglary, can he make an Archeology roll to draw any conclusions about the description of the miniature coffin containing a gem?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sure, anyone may make an Archaeology roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple