IC-Ep 3-Burning Daylight(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: IC-Burning Daylight(Everyone)

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna balls up her fists and rubs her eyes, wearily she says, 'There shouldn't be any problem visiting the ward, I'll just say I'm showing you around. But I'm not sure robbing a woman in front of everyone is the best idea'.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Archie looks up from his inward contemplation, straightening his back and squaring his shoulders.

"No, we are civilised people, I will not hear of this. This war is a war for and against decency. Decent people do not rob a woman in a hospital visiting her sick mother."

"We could try convincing Mrs Steadman to assist us? Although we may not wish to reveal our hand just yet. My suspicion is the Major has it and intends to try to convince some of his RAF colleagues that it can assist."

"Which of course it can, in a very Faustian way."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

"I tried to convince that witch when I followed them to their warehouse, and look where it got me," says Eugene, running a hand gingerly over a healing sore on his cheek.

"Perhaps Major Steadman might be more amenable, but don't hold your breath."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie still looks lost but shakes his head, as though trying to shake sense into it.

“I think perhaps we should go and check on the two of them, make sure they’re not getting into mischief.” He starts heading towards where he assumes the ward is.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"I'll show you where the ward is." Phyllis bustles after Archie.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Phyllis led the way back to the way, along with anyone else who wanted to accompany her. Madeline remained at Catherine's bedside, talking with her softly.
OOC,Anyone going to the ward may roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie:
Listen 50%,[dice]0[/dice] [ooc]Critical success![/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Archie Pennyfeather,"Don't worry, Mother, he'll bring it this evening when he meets me at the station," whispered [b]Madeline[/b]. "I can take over once he goes up tomorrow. I think we can tip the balance and win the air battle." "I'll be out of here soon enough," [b]Catherine[/b] whispered back. "The Father of all Bats has chosen the man who escaped us as his vessel. It is only a matter of time before he can no longer resist the call."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

With great trepidation, Eugene follows the others, trying to keep out of site of the Steadmans (as he collectively calls the mother and daughter).
Listen 45% success,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eugene Thomson,[b]Eugene[/b] couldn't make out all the words, but what he heard was disturbing enough. [b]Madeline[/b] was whispering that "he" would bring "it" this evening when he met her, and then [b]Catherine[/b] whispered something about the Father of all Bats having chosen the man who had escaped as his vessel, and that it was only a matter of time until he could no longer resist the call.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis pins back her ears,
listen,25 [dice]0[/dice]
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie turns to his colleagues. Sounding hearty and cheery, he says, "Mrs Exeter and Mrs Steadman are still conversing, so perhaps we should give them a few more minutes."

"I want to show you all my plans for an upgraded chapel for this facility. For the spiritual benefit of patients and staff alike. Do come and have a look."

Archie gestures back the way they came, looking hopeful.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene is more than happy to follow Archie out of sight. When at a safe distance, he turns to the others.

"Did you hear that?" he hisses. "Madeline is meeting someone who will bring 'it' - I reckon that's her husband and the gemstone that she's talking about. But we have bigger problems - the 'Father of all Bats' - that's the monster that they summoned - has chosen 'the one who escaped' as his vessel! I-I think they meant either me or the Home Guard sergeant!"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh my word!" Exclaims Phyllis. "Well, try not to worry, Mr Thomson, we'll look out for you and if a 'bat man' should appear I shall give him something to think about!" She brandishes her heavy iron umbrella. "We'd better keep an eye on the other gentleman too; dod she say when all this is to happen?"
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie will attempt to politely usher everyone back into Anna's office.

"I heard the two of them whispering. I'm sure it's a sin to eavesdrop but needs must I suppose. Hopefully the Almighty will overlook my transgressions. The conversation was as follows." Archie clears his throat discreetly.

Madeline said, "Don't worry, Mother, he'll bring it this evening when he meets me at the station. I can take over once he goes up tomorrow. I think we can tip the balance and win the air battle."

Catherine replied, "I'll be out of here soon enough. The Father of all Bats has chosen the man who escaped us as his vessel. It is only a matter of time before he can no longer resist the call."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene groans at the final sentence.

“So that’s either me or the Home Guard sergeant. You need to lock us both up n a room with lots of light while you go out and beat Madeline to her husband and get the jewel off him. If the Father of all Bats gets loose, then we’re done for. I’ve seen it - trust me.’
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, the searchlight I used hurt it pretty bad," said Brook. "It won't come out in the daylight, but once the sun goes down and the blackout starts, there won't be any stopping it if it wants to get loose. Which means we have to deal with it today. We also have to get the thingummy away from Major Steadman. Maybe one of us could nick it, pick his pocket, like."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie nods agreement. "Had anyone heard of this Squadron Leader Reeves? The officer who had an appointment with the Major at 2pm? If we had any idea where that meeting might be taking place, perhaps we could head there."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Only Madeline can tell us where her husband is neeting this Reeves." Eugene looks at Annanand Phylis. "If you have her confidence, perhaps you can get it out of her?"

"We'll have to act fast whatever happens. As soon as it starts getting dark you'll need to lock me and the Home Guard chappie up with plenty of flashlights."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I think we could find a room here in the sanitorium for you and the sergeant' Anna says to Eugene. 'I have not had much luck with Madeline Steadman but perhaps someone a little more persuasive could lend a hand in trying to find out where this meeting is? Others could follow her at a distance to determine which station she is meeting her husband at, or make an educated guess, and then we might need to take a more direct approach to obtain the stone if all else fails.'

Return to “Episode 3”