IC-Ep 3-The Doctor Is In(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Phyllis)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Doctor Is In(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Phyllis)

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Catherine for a brief moment a storm flashed in his eyes before calming, then he says, "You don't need to worry about Lucius. Worry about yourself. Apparently you can't keep in your lane, first it was Nephren-Ka, the Black Pharaoh, and now the Jaegerschreck! Are you really surprised we returned to stop you?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You are the one who should 'keep in your lane,'" said Catherine, glaring at Story. "Yes, I should have expected you to interfere again. You have no idea the damage your meddling does. I am trying to protect this country. We face the imminent threat of Nazi invasion, and that must be prevented at all costs! We could lose this war because of you!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis finds a chair to sit on; her bunions are beginning to gripe, and listens with some confusion. Nephron-Ka sounded Egyptian; maybe they had all met there before. She sits quietly for a bit.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story shakes his head in disbelief at the delusion Catherine is spewing. He then says, "The Nazis, as horrible and evil as they are, pale in comparison to the horrors you and your deceased husband wish to bring upon the innocents of this country! Do not presume to think I'm not aware of what my involvement in the moments I step into bring." He looks away for a moment and failing to contain himself he spins around, looking at her with piercing anger he begins to walk towards the bed. In a rather uncharacteristic burst of rage laced with venom he says, "It's the likes of you which make the rest of the galaxy see humanity as primitive apes deserving to be crushed under the boot!"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The nurse, startled, backed carefully away.

Catherine, however, met Story's gaze with her steely eyes. "Easy for you to say," she said. "You killed my husband! You left my little girl to be raised by others! My sister wouldn't even let her visit me. I didn't see her again until she turned eighteen. Look in a mirror, for you are the real monster!"

"No, he's not!" snapped Brook, leaping to Story's defense. "Anyway, you don't need to worry about the Nazis. They're not going to win this war. We will!"

Catherine looked back at her. "Your patriotism and confidence, while admirable, is misplaced. You can't possibly know that. The situation is quite grim, and I don't see how we can win without my efforts."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story shakes his head, pauses for a moment and looks around the room as the rage subsides. Finally he says, "It's a shame really... your plan to defeat the Nazis using the Jaegerschreck has already led to the death of British subjects. Surely that doesn't help win the war." Runs his hand through his hair and continues, "That's the problem with delusional individuals engaging in things they're not meant to, it backfires. It starts out with some seemingly virtuous reason for it, but in short order the real reason comes to light. What's the real reason you ask? Simple, the need for power...especially when the person has none to begin with." He finally looks at Catherine once more, "I wish you had learned from your husband's mistakes and reformed yourself by becoming an agent of good, fighting against the darkness. Sadly you've chosen to call forth the darkness and in the process you've deceived yourself into thinking that you can remain in control, when the reality is that in the end you too my dear will be devoured... one way or another." He briefly looks at the nurse before returning his attention to Catherine and concludes, "At least you're back in the arms of medical professions who will insure your safety, and everyone elses."

Story turns around and looks at the nurse, he says to her, "I apologizes if I startled you at any point. Though on the surface Mrs Exeter appears to have her mental faculties, sadly I'm afraid they have become impaired to the point of no return. As you overheard, I had to speak to her in a way that she would understand. I'm afraid her husband Winston, prior to his death, corrupted her mind with all sorts of ancient Egyptian gobbledegook... and his death only further shattered what was left of her already fragile mind." He quickly glances back at the bed and says, "I thank you for helping her find some measure of rest from the torments that afflict her."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're the one who killed him!" Catherine spat back.

"She's getting agitated," said the nurse. "Perhaps you had better go."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis makes to rise, she hasn't really understood the conversation but it seems Mrs Exeter is definitely in the right place now.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Keep her under close watch," says Elizabeth to the nurse, as she prepares to leave. "She's potentially dangerous. Don't let her escape again, please."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Would it be possible to see Eugene now?" Phyllis asks the nurse.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Don't worry, we'll look after her," said nurse as they left. "I'm not sure who Eugene is, but if you'd like to visit another patient, you should ask at the reception desk in the lobby.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
Commitment
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”