IC-Ep 3-The Doctor Is In(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Phyllis)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-The Doctor Is In(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Phyllis)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maxwell's Sanitarium - London, England
8:00 AM - Tuesday, September 10, 1940

Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and Phyllis made their way up the stairs to the top floor and soon found Dr. Abner Stoddard's office, which was indicated by a nameplate with his name and the title "Administrator." The secretary in the outer office ushered them into the inner office. Dr. Stoddard was a thin, white-haired man in his sixties. "Good morning," he said to them. "Please, have a seat." He gestured to the chairs facing his desk, behind which he sat. "Would you like some tea? Biscuits? Megan can get bring them in. I understand you are acquainted with Catherine Exeter."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Doctor Is In(Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Phyllis)

Post by aine »

"Tea and biscuits would be lovely, thank you." Says Phyllis, cheering up. She looks at Elizabeth and Brooke as they are the once with the acquaintance.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes," says Elizabeth, smiling. "My colleagues and I have known the Exeter family for some years now," she says, nodding towards Story and Brook as she speaks. "Obviously we are extremely concerned about what has happened to Catherine. We want to make sure that she is well looked after. It is alarming that she has escaped once already, which put her at further danger. How will she be looked after safely now?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Rest assured, Miss," said Dr. Stoddard, "we shall do everything within our power to make sure she is well cared for. The employee responsible for watching over her when she escaped was immediately sacked. She has been placed under sedation, and once she recovers we will transfer her to a padded cell and kept in a strait-jacket to prevent her from escaping or causing harm to herself. Naturally, when the air raid sirens go off, she will be brought down to the shelter in the basement with all the other patients to ensure her safety."

"Didn't she escape from there last time?" asked Brook.

Dr. Stoddard cleared his throat. "Well, yes, but that was due to one former employee's negligence. There will not be a repeat, I promise you." He pressed a button on the intercom. "Megan, please bring in tea and biscuits for our visitors."

Shortly thereafter, the secretary, apparently Megan, brought in a tray with tea and biscuits, allowing the guests to partake.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis dunks a biscuit into her tea in a fastidious manner. "Well I hope you take extra care; you should see what she did to poor Eugene who has just been admitted to the hospital. He is quite rattled. And has rather an alarming rash. I think, if you don't mind, I'd better see how he is. After my tea. And the young lady is quite right, I'm not sure the tube is a safe place for Mrs Exeter. Don't you have cellars here she can stay in? It's much better she is isolated, I would say."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, we don't take our patients to the Tube," said Dr. Stoddard. "You're right, that would be unsafe. We do have our own cellar, and that is where our shelter is."
OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b], please let me know if you have any followup questions, or if you'd like to leave now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story taking in the director's office finally speaks, "As I told the receptionist downstairs, we had been under the unfortunate assumption that she passed not long after her husband. As you can imagine it was a shock to find our otherwise. Not a disconcerting shock mind you, but a rather a sad one in light of her condition." He rubs his chin and continues, "Would it be possible to see her one last time? Now that she's in a safe place and all."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, of course," said Dr. Stoddard. "She should be finished with intake by now. Megan can take you to see her. Is there anything else you'd like to ask me before you go?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Not from me, though I thank you for asking. You've satisfied my concerns about her safety." Story extends his hand and continues, "It was good to meet you."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Dr Stoddard, we rather felt that Mrs Exeter's daughter and her husband, Major Steadman, had helped her to escape. You must take care when they come to visit." Phyllis is ready to go with the others to see the old woman.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Likewise," said Dr. Stoddard, returning Story's handshake. He looked alarmed when Phyllis speaks. "What makes you think that? How could they possibly have helped her escape? They weren't even here when it happened. You must be very careful about saying things like that. Major Steadman is an officer in the RAF and highly respected."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis stands her ground. "So why didnt he report her escape and bring her back? It's for her own safety after all. No, I'm afraid however heroic the major has been in the past, he's up to no good now; a rotten apple. And I've seen a few in my time; I've been a lot of places with my charity work and seen an awful lot of unfortunates; I knows a bad one when I sees one."
She nods.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I'd be wary of making statements like that without evidence," said Dr. Stoddard, who did not sound convinced. "We were the ones who told him about her escape, and how could he bring her back if he didn't know where she was? If he gets wind of what you're saying, he could sue you for slander. Regardless of the truth of the matter, a one-legged RAF officer will garner a lot of sympathy in court. I think that will be all. Megan will show you to Mrs. Exeter now." He buzzed her on the intercom, and she came back in. "Megan, please show our guests to Mrs. Exeter."

"Yes, Dr. Stoddard," said the secretary. "This way, please." She led Phyllis, Story, and his companions down the hall and down one flight of stairs, then down another hall to an operating theater. Catherine Exeter lay on one of the beds in a hospital gown. Her eyes were closed, and her shoulder was bandaged. A blonde nurse was checking on her. "These people are here to see Mrs. Exeter," Megan told her before leaving the room.

"She's recovering nicely," said the nurse. "She had a slight injury to her shoulder from what appears to be a sharp object, perhaps a small knife, but I've patched her up."
OOC,Everyone may roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story enters the room and sees Mrs Exeter laying on the bed.
SPECTACULAR FAILURE,Spot Hidden - 38% [dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth looks around with interest as they enter the room.
Rolling Spot Hidden,stat 48% [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] noticed that [b]Catherine[/b] was peeking out from under her eyelids and looking at them. She was only pretending to be asleep.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Spot hidden,50[dice]0[/dice]
Phyllis follows the others into the room and looks around, "She just looks like a normal old lady now." She thinks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Phyllis Cruckshank,[b]Phyllis[/b] noticed that [b]Catherine[/b] was peeking out from under her eyelids and looking at them. She was only pretending to be asleep. She was also only in her forties, and significantly younger than [b]Phyllis[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I think she's awake, not fully asleep," says Elizabeth, looking at Catherine. "Can you hear us?" she asks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Her task complete, Megan left and went back upstairs.

Catherine's eyes fluttered open and focused on Elizabeth. "Elizabeth Young," she said. "You always were too clever by half. You've certainly aged well." She turned her basilisk's gaze on Phyllis. "And you, watch who you're calling an old lady! You're old enough to be my mother." Then she looked at Story and Brook. "And of course you're here too. Time has been far kinder to you than it has to me. Where's that Italian chap, the one who nearly killed me?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”