IC-Ep 3-Deja Vu(Everyone else)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Deja Vu(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maxwell's Sanitarium - London, England
7:40 AM - Tuesday, September 10, 1940

The two ambulances and Eugene in his car pulled up outside the entrance to Maxwell's Sanitarium. The orderlies got out of their ambulance and opened the back to get Catherine Exeter while Irene and Florence opened the back of their own ambulance to help Phyllis and Maggie down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Deja Vu(Everyone else)

Post by jaysun81 »

Story attempted to stay out of the way of the orderlies. Once they have got Mrs Exeter out of the vehicle, he waits for Elizabeth and Brook to climb out before doing so himself. Once out he looks at the girls and says, "We must keep an eye on her, at least for the moment. The TARDIS brought us to this time and this place. I'm believe it's because we have unfinished business with the Exeter family. Business we should have insured was complete last go around."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We all thought we had," said Brook. "Professor Exeter was dead, and Lucius took down Catherine with a torch. She survived, but they locked her up here. She stayed here for ten years, biding her time before she escaped, but she must have had the power to get out any time she felt like it. We didn't even know about Madeline...wait, there was a picture of the family in Professor Exeter's office! It showed the three of them together. She was just a child then, younger than me. Being raised by those two must have really warped her, and then to have her father killed and her mother locked away in an institution..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The orderlies carried Catherine inside. Eugene got unsteadily out of his car. "I...I think I'd better check myself in." He followed them into the building.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis climbs out of her ambulance with Maggie and they walk over to Story and the others.
"I didn't realise you knew the Steadmans from before. You must have been only a little girl, Brooke; it's quite astonishing how small children remember certain things. I hope you came through unscathed!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh...I did, thanks," said Brook. "I was just really frightened. Elizabeth almost died, but you should have seen her - she was amazing!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth gulps at Brook's words, and inadvertently touches the spot between her eyes where she was shot all that time ago. "Oh I did the best I could," she says, smiling, despite her fears. "I wish this was all over though." She watches as the orderlies carry in Mrs Exeter. "Should we follow them, or at least find out where exactly they are taking her and what they are doing with her?" She stares thoughtfully after them, still uncomfortably recalling events from the past.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Will they even let us follow her?" asked Brook. "I mean, Eugene can go in as a patient, at least, but Anna's not here to get us inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Let's see what can be done! Come along." Phyllis trots in after Eugene and hot on the tails of the orderlies.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The orderlies carried Catherine into the sanitarium on a stretcher, past the receptionist, who didn't react. She did look up when Eugene and Phyllis approached. "Can I help you?" she asked.

"I...I'd like to check myself in," said Eugene. "I think I'm going crazy."

"We've been getting that a lot these past few days. It's because of the bombing. I know it's scary, but if you just chin up and keep a stiff upper lip, you'll be all right."

"No, it isn't that," said Eugene. "I was attacked by the Father of All Bats last night. He's trying to steal my soul! And that witch they just brought in cast a spell on me. Twice!"

"I...see. I think you'd better see a doctor. Wait right here, please." She looked over at Phyllis. "Can I help you, ma'am?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Why don't we see if we can speak to the sanitarium director?" says Elizabeth to the others still outside with her. "We could tell them some of what happened, and say we are concerned that she is looked after properly. Maybe we can get a bit more information that way. What do you think?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Yes, please, we were here earlier. We are working with Dr. Jerkins on a case. Eugene here was wounded while helping her. She's currently in the East End, working on the case so we are here to support Eugene and ensure he gets the help he needs." She leans a bit closer, "He has had a similar experience to sergeant MacDonald."
persuade,70[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's worth a try," said Brook to Elizabeth.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," said the receptionist to Phyllis. "I don't know anything about that."
OOC,[b]Elizabeth[/b] (or anyone else) may also try a Persuade or Fast Talk roll on the receptionist.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story notes his friend's forehead touch and looked to the ground as he recalled the horror.

He follows the group, and nods in agreement with Brook's reply to Elizabeth. "Yes, not a bad idea." Story clears his thought and looks at the receptionist and says, "Ma'am. My friends and I are long-time acquaintances of the Steadman family. Years ago when Professor Exeter passed, we thought Catherine had as well. Upon discovering her crazed and wandering about after all these years, we've become really concerned about both the quality of care you provide as well as the inadequate protection from self-harm that you seemingly don't give the patients. After all she escaped, unnoticed! I would like to see the director."
SUCCESS,Persuade - 85% [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, sir, right away!" said the receptionist. "We have nothing whatsoever to hide." She pressed a button on the intercom. "Dr. Stoddard, there are some visitors to see you about Mrs. Exeter, who has just been recaptured. They know her and need to be reassured that this institution has been doing all it can for her."

"Send them up," a man's voice crackled on the intercom.

The receptionist nodded to Story. "Please proceed upstairs to the top. Dr. Stoddard's office is at the end of the hall."
OOC,Please let me know who is accompanying [b]Story[/b] to [b]Dr. Stoddard[/b]'s office.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Thank you, my dear." Story smiles at the receptionist and then turns to look the folks with him, saying to the group, "Shall we?" He then proceeds to move to the stairs.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis follows the group up to Dr. Stoddard's.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

“Absolutely!” says Elizabeth, in response to Story’s question. She links her arm in Brook’s and asks her friend “Coming?”.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You betcha!" said Brook with a grin, going upstairs with Story, Elizabeth, and Phyllis.

"I'll stay here with Eugene, dear," said Maggie. "Too many cooks and all that."
OOC,[b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Brook[/b], and [b]Phyllis[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
The Doctor Is In
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
Commitment
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”