IC-Ep 3-They're Coming to Take Her Away(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-They're Coming to Take Her Away(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ruined House- London, England
7:25 AM - Tuesday, September 10, 1940

Maggie Duncan came around the corner, leading two ambulances and Anna and Archie. Everyone else was waiting there. Catherine Exeter still lay bound, gagged, and sedated on the ground. Eugene was once again able to walk around, but his skin remained in its prior condition.

Two orderlies emerged from the ambulance from Maxwell's Sanitorium and went over to take Catherine into custody, while Irene Carpenter and Florence Bryant emerged from the other ambulance, which had come from St. Bartholomew's Hospital. "Hello again!" said Irene cheerfully, recognizing at least some of those gathered here. When they reached Eugene, Florence gasped. "Was it gas?" she asked. "It looks like it might be a blister agent, like mustard gas." Eugene just shook his head.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 3-They're Coming to Take Her Away(Everyone)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles and waves in response to Irene's greeting, grateful to see a familiar face. She listens to Irene's conversation with Eugene, while keeping an eye on the other ambulance workers with interest, curious about how they handle Catherine, and still scared that the woman might get free.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, at least nobody's died this time," said Irene.

"How did this happen to you?" Florence asked Eugene.

"That witch did this to me!" shouts Eugene, pointing at Catherine.

"What did she do, throw chemicals in your face?"

"No, she cast a spell on me!"

The orderlies picked up Catherine, who was still unresponsive, and carried her to their ambulance, where they placed her in the back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"I think somebody should go with Mrs Exeter. I'm sure those orderlies know their business but they don't know Mrs Exeter. I'm happy to go along. And don't forget that Anna is still a target. She shouldn't be left alone either." Says Phyllis.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Archie shakes his head. "Not me, I'm afraid. Anna has a fine automobile and we want to find the Steadmans. I believe Mrs Exeter is under control for the moment but they most certainly are not."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"I'll travel with Mrs Exeter. It's the least I can do in light of my in action back there." Story offers a troubled, half hearted smile. He looks at Elizabeth and cryptically says, "Things for me may well change before this is over. Perhaps our encountering Mrs Exeter is a full circle sort of moment. Anyways..." He smiles with renewed life and turns to head towards the ambulance.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis nods and says to Archie, "I'm too old to be chasing around here after the Steadmans. I'd rather sit in the Ambulance and have a cup of tea at the hospital. Good luck though; I'll send a message to the church to say we've arrived safely. Are you coming, Maggie?" She asks her old friend and then hurries after Story and climbs into the ambulance.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'll come too," says Elizabeth to Story, and follows him in to the ambulance. "Much as she gives me the creeps I'd feel somewhat safer there right now."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm with you too," said Brook, following Story and Elizabeth, while Maggie went to join Phyllis.

"Hang about," said one of the orderlies. "There's not enough room for all of you lot back there."

His partner glanced at Catherine's bindings. "Never knew she was a biter," he said, examining the gag. "Still, she is known to be dangerous. Probably best not to ride with her, even trussed up like she is. We'll get her back to the sanitarium and get her in a straitjacket toot sweet, as the French say."

"This almost looks like it's caused by mustard gas or something," said Florence. "Was there gas?"

"No, I'm telling you, it was the witch!" said Eugene.

"Maybe he should go to the sanitarium too," Irene said to Florence, lowering her voice.

"I'm not getting in the ambulance! It's too dark in there. I've got my own car."
OOC,Anyone may roll Fast Talk or Persuade to try to get the orderlies to let some of you ride in the back of the ambulance with [b]Catherine[/b], but no more than three will fit, and even then it will be tight. Is anyone else going with [b]Archie[/b] to look for the Steadmans? If so, where would you like to head to start looking?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"Surely there's room for two or three of us? Mrs Exeter and I go way back. Ever since her husband passed a few years ago..." He trails off and then looks directly at the orderly, "Surely there's room?"
OOC,Persuade - 85% [dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, all right," said the second orderly. "The three of you can ride with her. Your daughters won't take up too much room."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna turns to Archie: 'well, Reverend Pennyfeather, where shall we start looking for the Steadmans? Do you think it would be imprudent to pay another visit to their house or is there a less direct, and perhaps safer path? I rather think we need to make some progress in daylight'
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

"I think it would be a good idea to have another look in their house. If we wait too long, perhaps the trail might go cold..." Benjamin remarks.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Persude,70[dice]0[/dice]
"You can't expect us old ladies to walk! Either we ride in the back or upfront with you." Phyllis looks sternly at the orderly. "I don't mind which."
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

To Anna and Benjamin, Archie answers, "My feeling is a direct approach. Start by returning to their house."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sorry, ma'am," said one of the orderlies. "There's just no more room."

"It's all right, ladies," said Irene to Phyllis and Maggie. "We'll give you a ride in our ambulance. It's on our way back anyway."

Eugene got into his car, while Story and his companions got in the back of the sanitarium's ambulance with the dozing Catherine Exeter. Irene and Florence helped Phyllis and Maggie into the back of theirs. Archie and Benjamin got into Anna's car with her.
OOC,[b]Archie[/b], [b]Benjamin[/b], and [b]Anna[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Further Inquiries
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
Deja Vu
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”