IC-Ep 3-Trail of Madness(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Trail of Madness(Everyone)

Post by jp1885 »

Mr. Handy wrote:OOC,You may all act freely now.
OOC:   I assume Eugene is a blind, screaming wreck still?  
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis takes one long look round, finishing on Mrs Exeter,
"There'll be trouble come of this, you mark my words. We'd best get her upstairs into the daylight and back to the hospital straight away; when an old lady goes quiet like that it means she's got sommat up her sleeve. I should know. And young Eugene needs the hospital too by the looks of him."
Phtllis, gesticulating with her umbrella, points up the stairs. She takes a firm grip of Catherine's elbow from behind her.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I think Phyllis is right' sighs Anna, 'but for God's sake, someone gag her and tie her hands'.

Anna turns her attention to Eugene, 'its okay Eugene, calm down, deep breaths, she can't hurt you' she coos reassuringly. 'It's not real, it's just words...some kind of hypnotic suggestion'.

Eugene continues to writhe in pain and as Anna places her hands on his blistered skin she feels the fluid seeping through her fingers. 'Oh dear God, no, this can't be...no, it's not possible' she sobs as she desperately roots through her bag for dressings and iodine to treat the weeping sores.
Anna First Aid: 48,[dice]0[/dice]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I think the danger is already down there!" says Elizabeth to Phyllis, as she also makes her way down the stairs. Elizabeth doesn't bother being quiet, but tries to get down there as fast as possible, to help the others with whatever is going wrong.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Ashen faced, Archie stalks up to Catherine and positions himself directly behind her, his Colt M1911 a mere foot from her shoulder blades. He is very careful to avoid pointing the big handgun at anyone else close to her, such as Phyllis or Benjamin.

"Benjamin, in the name of decency, stop stabbing the woman this instant! If you want to do something useful, tie her hands behind her back with string or a necktie or something." Archie's voice is still shaking but his intent is clear.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Try as she might, Anna could not stop the oozing liquid coming out of Eugene, but at least it wasn't blood. What just happened seemed medically impossible, and yet she could not doubt the evidence of her eyes.

Catherine went up the stairs with Archie and Phyllis hastily, if for no other reason than to get away from Benjamin and his scissors. As they were going up, Elizabeth was coming down, and they met in the middle. She and Catherine regarded each other with mutual recognition.
OOC,Yes, [b]Eugene[/b] is still blind and incapacitated. And in considerable pain.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Anna would like to see if she could give Eugene something for his suffering like pentobarbital which she probably has on her as a sedative and maybe some oral morphine for the pain that she might have (maybe a luck roll). I'm not sure it would need a medicine or psychiatry (average of psychoanalysis and medicine) roll as I'm not really aiming for an in game benefit
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Anna had morphine in her doctor's kit, which she gave to Eugene. He was still in pain, which while excruciating, was not quite as bad as it had been before.
OOC,You don't need to roll for that. Your doctor's bag would have that, and administering is a simple matter for you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin will dig in his pockets for something to tie her hands. Being a tailor, he probably has some thread there, but in all likelihood that won't be strong enough...
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene’s screams subside into agonised groaning.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Benjamin was right that thread would not be strong enough, but he was able to remove his belt and use that to tie Catherine's arms behind her back. Fortunately, as a tailor, his trousers fit perfectly, so he did not need the belt to keep them from falling down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

Mr. Handy wrote:Fortunately, as a tailor, his trousers fit perfectly, so he did not need the belt to keep them from falling down.
OOC:   :-)  
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna balls up some gauze and stuffs it in Catherine's mouth, securing it with a bandage.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Catherine was now effectively bound and gagged.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Once Catherine is bound and gagged, Archie discreetly stows the handgun back inside his uniform jacket.

(Archie is most impressed with the good tailoring of Benjamin's trousers that has rendered the man's belt almost redundant.)
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna takes the others to one side leaving Archie covering Catherine. 'Well, what are we going to do with her now? Once that gag's out in the sanatorium or the police station she'll be able to start her nonsense again. May I suggest I administer her a hypnotic medication to put her to sleep for the next few hours and get her back to the sanatorium without any questions being asked. Some of us should stay behind and search this place.'

She turns to Catherine Exeter and bandages the superficial cuts looking sharply at Benjamin in the process. 'I don't know how I'm going to explain these' she grumbles.
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

"Don't know what came over me, just wanted to help Eugene, I guess..." Benjamin sheepishly looks at his shoes...
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Once up the steps, Phyllis looks around, "I hope the Steadmans don't turn up; Major Steadman could well be armed and I doubt he has scruples. Could you order an ambulance from the church, doctor?" She asks Anna. "We'll have to carry them over all this rubble to a clear street first. I'm happy to have a look round below; I'm used to rummaging around in bric-a-brac."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Anna[/b], if you want to inject [b]Catherine[/b] with a sedative, please roll Pharmacy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie looks over at Phyllis. "My impression is these people want to operate in the dark, in more ways than one. I don't think the Steadmans will engage in gunfire in broad daylight. And as a group, we represent quite a large number of witnesses."

"Perhaps we should just make our way to the underground station and call for the police? Even if they are nearby, I'm sure these people won't act in front of the morning's commuters."

Return to “Episode 3”