IC-Ep 3-Revival(Archie/Phyllis/Benjamin/Anna)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Revival(Archie/Phyllis/Benjamin/Anna)

Post by aine »

Phyllis digs out her knitting and starts clicking away quietly; she watches Archie doing his rounds and she senses his disappointment with the lack of immediate action. Typical of the young she thinks and remembers when she was a gel. She's glad when he finally falls asleep and continues to knit having had a decent sleep before they arrive.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna checks that nobody in the shelter needs any medical attention and then finds a corner to snatch some sleep, at least until the all clear is sounded. She glances over at Archie feeling his pent up agitation to go and confront their adversaries. Anna hopes the police can disrupt any plans the Steadmans have for tonight but she doesn't hold out much hope they'll find anything that will lead to their arrest or apprehending Mrs Exeter.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The night passed uneventfully, though the sound of bombs falling could still be heard overhead. However, those who wished to sleep managed to do so. They were starting to get used to this now. Early in the morning, the all clear finally sounded, waking everyone.
OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b] and [b]Anna[/b], please roll Sanity for enduring the third night of the Blitz. Sanity loss is 0/1. Everyone else has already lost 1 Sanity on one of the first two nights and is now used to it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna Sanity 80,[dice]0[/dice]
Anna shudders at the sound of the all clear. "This is all starting to get to me" she thinks.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Archie sits up with a quiet groan and pulls an old fashioned pocket watch on a chain from his jacket to check the time.
OOC:   Is it near to dawn?  
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

sanity,[dice]0[/dice]
Despite her resolve, Phyllis nods off into a deep and surprisingly refreshing sleep. Sitting upright, she ends up snoring quite loudly; sometimes almost as loud as the 'planes above! Many hours later she wakes with a start just as the 'all clear' is sounded.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

A quick glance at his watch showed Archie that it was about six o'clock. Dawn would come soon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie straightens up his hair and uniform quickly and efficiently. "Ship shape," he says to himself.

Seeing Phyllis awake, Archie ambles over to talk to her. "Good morning Phyllis. Do you feel up to hunting down this bombed out house you located last night, where the Steadmans met Catherine Exeter? Once the sun comes up, which shouldn't be too long."

"And we might even see something we might buy for breakfast along the way. If the Royal Navy has taught me anything, it's never let the enemy get in the way of proper meals."
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

With a groan, Benjamin wakes up.

"Oh, my aching joints... Sleeping on a hard pew at my age... Sorry I drifted off, I wanted to stay awake to see if the monster would make an appearance, but I'm afraid I was just so exhausted..."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"And if the monster had turned up he'd have eaten you up, decrepit.bones and all! You silly old fool." Phyllis scolds Benjamin affectionately.
She stands, stretches and picks up her big hand bag. "Right you are, Reverend," she says to Archie, "Into the fray! I suggest we go to Liverpool St station entrance, East and I'll try to remember from there. Anyone else coming?"
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna stretches and smooths down her hair and dress. "Another restless night, let's see what clues the Steadmans have left for us. Do you think we should ask the constabulary if they found any signs of them?"
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

"Liverpool Street it is," Archie says to Phyllis, looking eager.

To Anna he answers, "I'm very reluctant to lose a second in case Phyllis' marker is lost. Contacting the police could be the second priority after the house is located, perhaps?"
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

"Lead on Macduff" smiles Anna. She opens up her medical bag, stowing away her torch and knife, and fishing out a set of keys: "Shall I drive?"
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

"Yes, let's go hunting for clues! We need all the information we can get." Benjamin seems eager to get going again, perhaps to compensate for the fact that he dozed off last night...
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie nods happily to Anna. "I didn't realise you had left your car here at the church. Righto, on to Liverpool Station to pick up the scent."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Not actually sure where Anna has parked her car but we're only a 15min walk from the Sanatorium and I think Archie is driving a 2 seater so we'll need more wheels. I'm not sure what Anna is driving, I'm guessing maybe a 2 door 4 seater like an Austin 8?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,As a doctor, [b]Anna[/b] would have a car and would have petrol rations to keep it fueled, but I believe last night everyone who came to the church decided to walk, as it would be too dangerous to drive in the blackout. Your car would be back at the sanitarium. Both the sanitarium and the station are short walks from here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

OOC,Archie's MG is definitely back at his townhouse, what with fuel rationing and no night driving. If we don't have vehicles actually at the church, I would imagine even in WWII it would be quicker to catch the tube.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie pauses to reconsider, not wishing to offend Anna. "Ahh, if we don't actually have a car here at St James', I think the quickest way to get to this bombed house would be our taking the tube to Liverpool St Station, thence for Phyllis to retrace her steps. It seems a good morning for a walk, shall we?"

He takes a deep breath and says to himself, "Come, pluck up, heart, let's neither faint nor fear."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna shrugs, "That would be fine by me, but I would like to call the others at the sanatorium to let them know where we're going, perhaps a few of them might like to meet us there".

Return to “Episode 3”