IC-Ep 3-Madness at Night(Everyone else)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Re: IC-Ep 3-Madness at Night(Everyone else)

Post by Pastiche »

"Excellent! At least we know it's not a trap then. All the more reason to go!" says Benjamin
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene nods in agreement; his freedom from phobia increasing his bravery (and perhaps recklessness).
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story runs his hand through his hair and says, "Hmmm, it may have come from a sound source, but something about the phrase 'hunting in the East End' seems odd coming from the Air Warden. Something still doesn't seem right, maybe it's nothing."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Archie is relieved to hear the ARP warden had confirmed the earlier news of Phyllis but nods at Story's concern.

He thinks for a moment before addressing his comrade's question. "Well, old bean, as a man of faith perhaps I can help by quoting from Corinthians. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love."

"And as a sometime archeologist, I would say the best research is invariably done in the field."

Archie gestures towards the front door.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Anna slips out of her heels into some flat shoes. She picks up her medical bag and takes out a torch, giving it a firm tap on her thigh to light up the bulb. As something of an afterthought she pulls out a long thin blade and tucks it into her waistband: "Well, trap or not a lady has to look after herself in the blackout".
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie looks askance at Anna stashing the knife. "Steady on, Florence Nightingale, I don't think that's in the Hippocratic. And you may do yourself a mischief." But he doesn't press the argument, making a move instead for the front entrance of the asylum.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

"Florence Nightingale was a nurse Father, whereas I am a doctor! However surprising that may be to you. This knife was my brother's and while it is more suited to gutting a fish I can assure you that I know just where to stick it if I have to" fumes Anna as she stomps behind Archie with a face like thunder.
OOC,Just a bit of fun, time we were going out into the night I think. ETA she's quite sensitive about the doctor thing because while she might be a great analyst her medicine is only 15 so she's a pretty lacklustre doctor, maybe too much time galavanting about with Freud and not enough spent on the wards
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

”Knives won’t do you any good. Just make sure your torches are working.”

Eugene mutters, following the others outside.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Archie holds up his hands in mock surrender. "I do apologise, doctor, I meant no offence to your professional status I assure you. My comment was rather more in concern for the apparent anti-Hippocratic-ness of planning to stab people. That said, however, you must do as your own conscience dictates."

With a mischievous smile, he adds after a pause, "I must add in defence of Florence Nightingale that to describe that good lady as a nurse, whilst accurate per se, is rather like describing Lord Nelson as a sailor."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'd rather stay here," says Elizabeth, looking particularly towards Story and Brook. "But I wish those of you heading out all the best. Take care of yourselves. It's dangerous enough out there without the Steadmans and their creature as well."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at his friend and nods before saying, "As both Anna and Elizabeth have targets on them, and it seems everyone is heading out, I'll remain with Elizabeth." He looks at Elizabeth and Brook before continuing, "I've lost one family member to the horrors already, and I have no intention of losing another." He turns his attention back to the group, "Eugene, I think you should remain here as well. The horror that is summoning you back to the warehouse will assault your mind again, eventually collapsing your willpower. Only a few should go for Phyllis, anymore and unnecessary attention and risk will occur."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Story’s advice gives Eugene pause for thought. For all his new-found bravery, he can see the man’s logic.

”We’ll, that makes two of us to protect each young lady. Fair enough, I’ll stay here.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll stay as well," said Brook.
OOC,[b]Archie[/b], [b]Benjamin[/b], and [b]Anna[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Once More Into the Breach
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
Home Fires
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Episode 3”