IC-Ep 3-Darkness Falls(Phyllis only)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Darkness Falls(Phyllis only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Phyllis reached the riverbank without incident, where she found an air raid warden on patrol. The warden was a young woman with dark hair, and she approached Phyllis. "You shouldn't be out and about in this, ma'am," she said. "Are you lost? Let me help you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Oh I'm so glad to see you! I know it sounds unbelievable coming from an old lady like me but I'm actually on a life and death mission and I must get to a telephone! I am rather lost too." Phyllis says with relief.
Persuade,70[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right now it's your life that's at stake, dear," said the warden. "There's a phone in my warden's post, but I need to get you to safety first. After that, I'll head back to the post and call for you. Just let me know who you want me to call and what message you want me to pass along. Here, take my arm so we don't get separated in the dark. We're not far from a shelter."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis sighs but is much relieved to get to the shelter.
"Here is my message for Dr Anna at the Sanitorium." She writes on the back of a shopping list,
'Steadmans not going to the hospital, they are hunting in the East End tonight. I am now in the shelter at... please could you add this address and the time. Phyllis Cruckshank.' "Its as urgent as you can possibly make it' she tells the warden.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The air raid warden led Phyllis to St. James's Church, where she had sheltered for the last two nights. It was only a couple of blocks away. Reverend Giles Curry and Laura were already in the basement shelter. "Take care, ma'am," said the warden. "I'll get your message through." With that, she left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh goodness! I've been wandering around in the dark that long I got disorientated and never knew I was just here, Good evening, Reverend Curry, Laura. It's been an eventful day and no mistake." Phyllis sits thankfully onto a pew, accepts a hot cup of tea and proceeds to tell them all about it.

"And so we have a dangerous beast prowling about over our very heads and the Steadmans looking for some poor soul to be its dinner. We really ought to be very careful who comes down here and we must light up these rooms as bright as can be; the beast doesn't like the light apparently."
ooc,I doubt Phyllis still has her lamp after all her adventures- I forgot she had it. It's probably under the table in the cafe.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Wh-wh-what?!" said Laura, quivering in fear at Phyllis's mention of the beast and the Steadmans. Phyllis recalled that Laura hadn't been here the night before and had not been privy to their discoveries of the last two days.

"Good evening, ma'am," rasped the reverend. "It's good that you made it here. It's far too dangerous outside."
OOC,You can still have the lantern. It's not the sort of thing you'd leave behind. Your handbag might even be big enough that you could carry the lantern inside it. Maybe it's bigger on the inside like the TARDIS. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh I'm sure we'll be safe enough down here, Laura. We should keep nice and quiet and I should still have..." Phyllis rummages around in her legendary handbag and pulls out her hurricane lamp rather tangled up in pink wool.

"Oh my, well five minutes de tangling is always good for the nerves, may I use your hands, dear, whilst the good reverend fetches some oil." Phyllis proceeds to untangle the wool, winding it on a skein around Laura's hands.
ooc,It certainly seems that way! Phyllis must have biceps of iron from lugging it around.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laura nodded, and Giles fetched a flask of lamp oil which he used to light the lantern once it was untangled.
OOC,She does indeed! She has 15 STR, and it apparently used to be 16 when she was younger.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis lights the hurricane lamp and any other sources of light she can find. Once all are burning brightly she sits back down with a sigh.
"That's all we can do. I might suggest we stay here until daylight never mind when the all-clear sounds. I wouldn't mind a nap, just don't let anyone in without waking me first...." Phyllis' chin rests on her bosom and she starts to gently snore.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Phyllis was awakened by Anna shaking her, whispering: "Phyllis, Phyllis, are you awake?" Archie and Benjamin were with her.
OOC,You weren't supposed to read the other thread. I was planning to merge them into a new one, which I've just done. [b]Phyllis[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Revival
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”