IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles as she sees Story looking over. “Coming!” she calls to him, feeling relieved to leave this place.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Mr. Handy wrote:
OOC,Does everyone want to go to the sanitarium? It's currently about 10:15 AM.
OOC,Yes, Eugene is happy to head to the sanitarium. It may be early, but it gives us time to prepare if the Steadmans attack at night.
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

OOC:   To the sanitarium for Benjamin it is. Looking forward to get one step ahead of our opponent!  
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by Turstrigo »

OOC:   Eddie will also go to the sanitarium.  
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

I
ooc,Tallyho!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Everyone piled into Eugene's car and the taxicab and drove to Maxwell's Sanitarium, arriving at around half past ten. The receptionist greeted them and call upstairs to Anna on the telephone, and she soon came down the the lobby to greet them. "Good morning," she said.

"What's up, Doc?" said Brook. She glanced at Elizabeth. "Bugs Bunny is a thing by now, right?"

"Back so soon?" Anna asked Phyllis, Maggie, and Benjamin. "I'm afraid the sergeant is still sleeping it off. His condition is unchanged."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"We're more worried about you miss. It's as we feared - Lord Colville has been killed, just like that poor girl. I'm afraid you must be next on the list, so we decided to come here and prepare for the attack as best we can."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Oh yes, Anna, if they can kill Lord Colville as easily as that then you really are in terrible danger." Phyllis lowers her voice, "It was the beast again, you know."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Anna goes pale. "Well, the beast can only come out at night, right?" she asks. "I'll be safe enough until then, at least. I can't leave until my shift is done. I've patients to care for. But what can we do?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

"It's not that we want to use you as bait or anything, but I really think we should take this opportunity to use all that we've learned so far and try and banish the creature," Benjamin says. "We should prepare as well as possible for tonight in order to maximise our chances!"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Despite the thought of facing the creature again, Eugene agrees.

"What time do you finish your shift Anna? Will it still be light? We have to get you away from your patients before dark, but somewhere that gives us a tactical advantage - God knows we'll need it..."
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles wonders out loud...

"So, what we need is to know is the location of a decently defendable, but relatively open place here at the Asylum. As for the beast, does it appear alone, or does it need a handler? Are the Steadmans likely to be with it, and if so do we need to keep a look out for them, or could they already be here?"
OOC:,I'm trying to get how the beast and its relationship to the Steadmans works straight in my head, which is probably about as confused as Charles's is at the moment too...
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"The Steadmans got me when Brook and I were in the warehouse."

Eugene shudders at the recollection of that night.

"They paralysed me with their witchcraft and then dragged me outside. It was then that they summoned the creature with the jewel in the box. They were nearby enough for me to charge at them, although it didn't do me any good..."

He trails off, the traumatic event being too painful to remember further. As the shadows in the corners of the lobby begin to grow and blacken, he hugs himself and stares up at the nearest lightbulb for comfort.

"So I suppose they need a reasonable area of space to perform their magic and call forth the thing in the jewel."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My shift ends at five," said Anna, "and there will still be some daylight then. Of course, if there's an emergency, I may have to stay longer. Some of the patients aren't coping so well now the bombing's started. I don't know how well the sanitarium can be defended. It's designed to keep people in rather than out. It wouldn't be easy for intruders to break in, but I wouldn't expect it to keep out German parachutists, let alone a monster. Of course, from the descriptions I've heard of the creature, it's huge. It would never even fit through the door. I'd imagine they'd want to call it outside somewhere, and again only at night. Why do have to wait around for them to come after me, though? Isn't there some way we could take the fight to them? If we take away that jewel you mentioned, then they can't call their pet anymore, right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Eugene and asks, "A jewel you say? Not sure how I missed that detail earlier."

Before he can respond, Story looks at Anna and says, "We can, and will, stop the beast. Hopefully your patients will simply believe it to be a hallucination if any of them see it." He smiles.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll probably be safer just spending the night here," said Anna. "There's a shelter in the basement where I can stay in the event of an air raid."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene smiles nervously at Story.

"I'm sure I mentioned the jewel... probably... I'm a bit out of sorts at the moment..."

He sighs.

"The way I see it we have two choices: tracking down the Steadmans and fight them head-on, putting everyone here out of danger or setting up defences here while we have the luxury of time but risking more lives."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth grins at Brook's Bugs Bunny comment, and smiles at the memory of the cartoon rabbit she's seen in shorts at the cinema.

"We can't risk more people," says Elizabeth. "We know what we're facing, but we can't put the patients and staff here deliberately at risk." She pauses, looking at Story and Eugene for a moment. "Do you think we could get hold of the jewel? Or would the Steadmans have it safe with them? That sounds at least like one possible plan."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"I would imagine they keep it with them. The more I see the work going on here, the less I want to see the patients put at risk. I can't believe I'm saying this, but let's head to the warehouse and confront them.
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin says: "If we fail to stop them, either here or at the warehouse, it will all be for naught anyhow, and more people will keep on dying regardless. I'd say we try to confront the monster here, where we at least can prepare as much as possible..."
Last edited by Pastiche on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Episode 3”