IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Foreign Office, King Charles Street- London, England
8:30 AM - Monday, September 9, 1940

Archie, Phyllis, Benjamin, and Maggie were speaking to one of two soldiers guarding the entrance to the Foreign Office on King Charles Street, not far from Whitehall, the seat of government. It was here that the United Kingdom handled foreign relations, which were more important now than ever. While the United States of America did not look likely to enter the war any time soon, its help was critical in helping Britain keep the Germans at bay. The agreement last week to provide the Royal Navy with fifty destroyers was only the most recent example.

Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and Charles arrived from one direction, while Eddie and Eugene approached from another. They were now close enough to hear the conversation.

"I'm afraid I don't know where His Lordship is, ma'am," the soldier told Phyllis. "He's usually in by now, but he hasn't arrived yet. Must be delayed by bomb damage. I'm sure if you wait he'll show up sooner or later."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

Post by jp1885 »

While pleased to catch up with everyone else, Eugene is worried by the news that Colville hasn't turned up for work.

"I hope they haven't got to him already... Does anyone know where he lives?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Oh goodness, he could be in terrible danger- if it's not too late already!" Phyllis is glad to see the others but the news is very grave. She looks at the soldier, "If Lord Colville is not here then you must send telephone his house immediately and if there's no answer, send a car and an ambulance round with some of us at least. The others can explain to your superiors. Please hurry!"
persuade,(70%) roll: 54
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think Kensington was hit last night," said the soldier, "but I'll have someone place the call just in case." He ducked inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles turns to Eugene "He has a town house in Kensington, we have the address, if we can't get a car from here, a cab shouldn't be hard to find".
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh dear, oh dear! What a ta-do." Phyllis wrings her hands. "I do hope they answer, otherwise... And that means Dr Jerkins is in grave danger too. We did warn her and she knows to stay in the light but...
Oh, we met her patient at the sanitorium this morning; he's the only survivor from the home guard sent to investigate Catherine Exeter and that animal last night. The poor man has gone doolally with the shock of it all. Mrs Duncan, Mr Klein and I came here to try and get access to the report. With little hope, I might add."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Actually we spoke to Dr. Jenkins too and also warned her, so we can only hope she's prepared. She also told us about that poor Home Guard chap."

Eugene sighs.

"The results of the raid have been classified top secret - we couldn't get a lot of information from the local police station, but we did gather that it went very badly, with that chap being the only survivor. If those men went through what I went through, then no wonder. The authorities have sealed the area, so at least they're taking this seriously."

"The only other thing we've managed to do is get ourselves a flare gun from Eddie's HQ, so at least we've got something to defend ourselves with if our torch batteries run out."

"So what now? Shall we wait until someone gets through to Colville or go to Kensington ourselves before it's too late?
Last edited by jp1885 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Eddie[/b] and [b]Eugene[/b] went to the ARP wardens' post. They never went to or spoke to the Home Guard.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,My mistake, it was the local police station. Post duly amended.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles looks around for a taxi.
Charles Luck:75,[dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Well as you know the address, we don't need to wait for the military." Says Phyllis, "Bit I'll just tell the guard we will find Lord Colville ourselves." She walks up to the other soldier and gives him her message before returning to the group. "Can you hurry with that taxi, young man?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks around at the group preparing to go to Kensington and says, "What if he's on his way here now? Valuable time would be wasted, we should at least wait a moment and find out if they can reach him."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

With most of the young men called up into the military, and with rationing of petrol, there were few cabs operating in London these days. There hadn't been time to train women with the Knowledge of London they would need to be cabbies. However, this being the Foreign Office, there was a black cab idling outside, but one thing was clear: they would never all fit inside it. The only vehicle large enough to carry all of them would be a bus.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles thinks for a second. "I know the location, and we'll need those who are capable in a fight, if needed, so Mr Lawlor, Mr...errr Story... " he looked around a bit, despairing of the seeming physical ineptitude of those around him. "...Mr Thompson, and Mrs Cruckshank. I think between the five of us it should be enough to get started, the rest of you, Westminster station is..."
Charles Know roll: 85,[dice]0[/dice]
"... just around the corner, across from Big Ben, the Circle, and District lines heading west will take you to Kensington, then just ask directions to 61 Victoria Road. " He looked to the others "Unless anyone's got a better idea?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"There's also my car. I should have just enough petrol in the tank."
OOC,It's not stated how Eddie and Eugene got to the FO, but if Eugene didn't drive there then we could double back to the church and get the car first.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Bless you, dear, I'm well past sixty; far too old for a fight!" Exclaims Phyllis, although the way she handles her vast and heavy handbag could just prove otherwise.

"You young ones take the taxi and we oldies will shift for ourselves; we'll wait for the phone call and then try to get there somehow as soon as we can."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Just then, the soldier returned. "I just spoke to the butler," he said. "His Lordship went out last night and hasn't returned home. Must have spent the night in a shelter somewhere, is my guess."

With Eugene's car and the taxi, everyone would be able to fit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

"But where should we go looking for him? We can't just randomly check all the shelters? Or do we hope he has come back home in the meanwhile?" Benjamin says.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"At least we know he hasn't been attacked at home, so if he has been attacked, it must've been during the night, after Brook rescued me from the Steadmans."

"What was his last known location - the church? It'd help if we could work out his movements since then. Did he frequent a gentleman's club for example?"
Last edited by jp1885 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

"I suggest we still go to his house - perhaps his butler has an idea of where he might go, or which clubs he frequents most often? pipes up Charles.

Return to “Episode 3”