IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

Post by Turstrigo »

"We'd have to get past the Home Guard's watch, though. Still, The Steadmans have somehow managed to slip past them, and I'm thinking they might've moved somewhere else."
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles mulls things over..."I'd be very careful of heading down to the shelter Miss Jenkins, if the Steadmans are hunting you, in the event of a raid that's the one guaranteed place they know you'd be, come to think of it, there's little to stop them setting off any local raid sirens in order to force you into the shelter, especially if they have abilities such as Mr Thomson suggests."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wouldn't be alone in the shelter," said Anna. "All of the staff and patients would be there too. I'd be among dozens of people."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

"I doubt the Steadmans, or their pet would worry too much about those unfortunate enough to be between them and you, besides, this is the perfect place, who's going to believe a bunch of mental patients claiming to have seen a monster?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I could go to a Tube station after my shift," said Anna. "There will be lots of people there too, and nobody will know where to find me. I can just take the train to another station so I'm not at the nearest one."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Eugene and says, "You may have, but then again you may not have. I've been out of sorts since my companions and I arrived back in London." Looking off he says, "It's as if a heaviness weighs on me, like the journey is nearly complete." He glances at Elizabeth and Brook with a hint of worry before he shakes his head as if clearing his mind.

Looking back at Eugene, and then the others, he smiles and then says, "While the warehouse would be safe grounds, I agree with Charlies. We must be prepared to stop the Steadmans, as they certainly don't place a high value on the life of others. If we go to the warehouse we run the risk of putting lots of people in harms way if we're wrong and they come for Anna here... or even at the Tube. " Running his hand with what little hair he has, as he often does, he continues, "It's best to not leave her, as we know she's a target."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis has been rummaging around in her vast handbag. "Well, dears, it seems like a very good plan. I have two queries though. Firstly, do we need to fear the building collapsing around us like it seemed with Lord Colville and secondly, how does one actually banish such a creature? Won't it just come back next time someone has this jewel?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene nods wearily.

"If we don't destroy that jewel, the Steadmans will keep doing this again and again..."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Turning to Phyllis, Story says, "Earlier while at the British Museum's vault I glanced at the De Vermis Mysteriis while Anna and Benjamin were looking at it." He pauses for a moment, smiles, and with a momentary flash of exuberance says, "I glanced quite deeply." Then returning to the subject he continues, "I'm quite confident that I can banish and summon the beast... the Jaegerschreck to be precise." Exhaling he says, "Though I confess, this jewel fascinates me I don't know why I didn't ask about it before. Perhaps because it was quietly filed away in my mind. Nonetheless it has bubbled back to the surface. I recall you saying the jewel paralyzed you somehow, is that correct?" He looks with a inquisitive eye at Eugene.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There's another consideration," said Anna. "Let's suppose we set up defenses and they decide I'm too well protected, and they just go after someone else. Innocent people are still at risk."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene answers Story as best he can - his memory of that terrible night hazy and disjointed.

"I... I think the jewel was used to conjure up the monster. They paralysed me by a simple wave of the hand."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis gives Story a hard stare, not sure whether to believe him or not.
"Well you know best, I'm sure." She sniffs.
"If I catch anyone waving their hands and trying to paralyse me, I'll give them what for!" And she grips her old iron umbrella with determination.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looking at Phyllis, Story says, "It would be quite a wallop." He smiles, and then begins to strokes his chin and pondering what Eugene said in an attempt to recall if the De Vermis Mysteriis made any reference to the jewel.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story,[b]Story[/b] recalled a reference to a stone called the Shining Trapezohedron that seemed to match [b]Eugene[/b]'s description, but if he wanted to learn more about it, further research would be required.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Eugene, now that I've considered it for a moment, which I must do. After all when you get to my age it takes a while to open all of the mind's file drawers." He smiles and resumes speaking, "I do believe I recall a reference to your jewel, forgive me for causing you to doubt your own memory. I believe it's called the Shining Trapezohedron, I I remember correctly." Scratches his head and continues, "Though that's about all I can recall. I'd have to return to the British Museum's vault in hopes of finding out more about it and the role it plays."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Could you go there quickly Story?" asks Elizabeth. "Is there time to find out more before tonight?"
Spoiler:
OOC,can't remember time!
"As for the Steadmans' list, I know I'm on it too. And the Captain. I can't remember beyond that ..." she sighs. "Though of course they could decide to attack anyone."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's a little past 10:30 AM. You'd need to head to the British Museum first so that [b]Carole Siddons[/b] can let you into the vault. There's time for one research attempt for each person there during daylight hours.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene smiles at Story.

"You're lucky - my drawers have been flung open and ransacked. I can drive you to the museum if you like."
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles looks a little perplexed with the sudden change of direction things seem to be going, the only books he's really used to being filled with numbers, and sales figures, but shrugs his shoulders, realising a working asylum isn't the easiest place to be during the day time. "Well, I suppose I'll come along too, there's probably not much we can do to prepare here at this time of day anyways."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I'm afraid all this hustle and bustle is too much for my old bones. I'm going to take tea in that tea shop across the road and then rest in the visitors' room here for a bit ready for tonight." Says Phyllis. "I'm afraid reading books is beyond my eyes; far away and I'm as sharp as a nail but I have to wear my glasses just to read a shopping list."

Return to “Episode 3”