IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

Post by Thorn »

Brook nodded. "Yeah, good idea. Let's blow them up! Well...the place, at least. I was sort of hoping a bomb would fall on the warehouse when I had the searchlight turned on it, but that warden woman turned it back up again."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

"We could always pop over to Woolwich Arsenal and ask for a couple of artillery shells," Eugene chuckled. "Seriously though, if we get through this, at the very least a gang of navvies with picks and crowbars would make short work of that place!"
He stooped and thought for a second. "Maybe our first priority should be to deal with the Steadmans - or at least Madeline and her deal ol' mum. We have to get that jewel thing, or whatever it is, off them... I get the feeling that ol' Major Steadman could be worked on - I reckon he might have doubts..." He shrugged. "Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. It passes the time at least - better than trying to sell you vacuum cleaners!"
Last edited by jp1885 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, please continue to discuss things while the other thread catches up to you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook nodded thoughtfully. "But how to get the gizmo from them...that's the question. Know any pick pockets?" She smiled, to lighten the mood.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene chuckled. "Well I've met a few dodgy characters in my time, but most of them have either been called up into the army or are lying low!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The Conceal skill would be used to try to pick someone's pocket (or purse).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

With the conversation petering out, Eugene made himself as comfortable as possible with cushions and kneelers and tried to get some sleep.
OOC,With Thorn currently busy, I'm happy to wait until everyone gets back to the church.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm not sure what time the other group of characters will arrive, but you may as well both roll Sanity when you get a chance for enduring the second night of the Blitz. Sanity loss is 0/1, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed but 1 Sanity if you fail. Once you've failed a roll, you will no longer have to roll again on future nights, as you'll be used to it. However, both of you succeeded at your rolls the previous night, so you still need to roll this time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

SAN (currently 25),[dice]0[/dice]
SAN loss,1 (SAN now 24)
Eugene shuddered as part of London was bombed with a distant 'crump'.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook Sanity [dice]0[/dice]
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by Turstrigo »

Eddie poured himself a modest cup of tea as he listened to the conversation, a quick drink to warm himself up before the patrol. "I'm not sure if The Woolwich crew will consider the presence of a cult a sufficient reason to lend us anything. We could try passing them off as a potential German spy cell, if all else fails. Would at least get them arrested and the place searched." He started to wonder if he should take Felix along with him, given all these nightmares about.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene opened his eyes as Eddie spoke.

"A German spy cell? That's not a bad idea. If you could persuade the authorities to investigate the warehouse it'd put pressure on the Steadmans at the very least - maybe force them to make a mistake. Watch out for the two women though."

He paused, shuddering as the sirens wailed.

"It would have to be a daytime raid though. We can't risk more deaths at the hand of that monster. During the night... well, could you ask your colleagues to occasionally sweep their searchlights over the warehouse? Hopefully that'd keep the creature's head down, rather than allow it to go out in the dark to kill."

"Another option is to get to them via Major Steadman. If we can get him on his own somehow - maybe when he's on duty - we could try to make him see just what a terrible thing he is involved in."
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Turstrigo »

Well, whatever it was they did to your face would surely cast them in a pretty bad light.
OOC:   Roll anything to see what Eddie knows about the Steadmans? Also, is Eugene's face back to normal?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Eddie[/b] only knows what others have told him about the Steadmans. London's a huge city with a large population, and he wouldn't have been in the same circles they are. [b]Eugene[/b]'s face is not quite as bad as it was when [b]Eddie[/b] first saw him, but it's still far from back to normal.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene's hand involuntarily went up to his face, feeling the healing blisters. He had no idea what he looked like since his ordeal, but he was sure he wasn't a pretty sight.

"Um, thanks Eddie. I'm sure my face is in a bit of a state, but I don't think it'll be enough to persuade the authorities that there's a coven of witches going around summoning demons. When the air raid is over, we should find someone and report our suspicions that there's a spy-ring in the warehouse. If we can find out where Major Steadman works, we can also talk to him if he's alone."
Last edited by jp1885 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook sat with her back to the wall, listening to the sirens and the conversation. "We could pin that poor girl's murder on them....that should get the police involved, shouldn't it? And it wouldn't be wrong, either. They did turn that monster bat loose on her...."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Very true miss. Either way we need to get the authorities interested enough to raid that warehouse."
OOC,Has Eugene ever witnessed Story use his sonic screwdriver?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I don't think he's used it yet during this adventure, so I'd say no. If you saw him using it when you were catching up, you'd probably remember.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,Fair enough - just mulling ideas over :)
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Turstrigo »

Eddie sipped his tea, when something came to his mind. "There's also one more thing I believe you should know about. On the night that girl was murdered, a madwoman had escaped from Maxell's Sanitarium. Name's Catherine Exeter, me and Archie heard about her when we delivered the German to the police. She's been locked up for attempted murder for a decade now. Given the current situation, this woman is either in danger or a danger herself.
Spoiler:
I presume Eddie will have to leave for a patrol soon, correct?

Return to “Episode 3”