IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

Post by Thorn »

"Thanks," Brook said, longing for a coke. She glanced at Eugene to make sure he was okay for now, then listened for the german bombs. Next time, she'd prefer going someplace and sometime there wasn't a war on. If they ever recovered the Tardis. She sighed and looked at Giles again. "1943, right?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Giles looked confused for a moment. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, Miss," he said. "Is that a Bible chapter and verse? I'm not sure which book that would be..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Despite trying to sleep, Eugene can't help eavesdropping on the conversation between Brook and Giles. The girl did indeed say some strange things - like how she had been in that terrible warehouse ten years previously. Why on earth was she wandering around there at six years old?
He sighed - lying still was only reminding him of that horrific feeling of helplessness he had recently experience when paralysed. He sat up, helping himself to a cup of tea and regarding Brook curiously.
"Do you mean the year miss? It's 1940 of course. Just out of interest, remind me how you, Mr. Story and your friends came to be in London?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looked at Eugene, trying to remember what they had said the previous night. "Right. 1940. That's what meant. And, yeah....I'm from London, you know. I've just...been travelling with Story and Elisabeth. Thought we'd pop back for a visit." She smiled a little at what she just said. Pop back...they'd defintely popped back. She turned serious again. "Then our vehicle got buried under a building..."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene sipped his tea. It was very good - builder's strength.
"Well you can always get the train out of London miss. I dread to think the state my car is in, or the number of parking tickets it's got! You mentioned that some of your friends went through the same... whatever it was... as me. You said they recovered, but did they survive... y'know... intact?" He tapped his head. "Up here I mean."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook frowned, thinking back, both wanting to reassure Eugene and wanting to give a straight answer. Finally she said:"I think so...I only know one of them well enough to say. Lucius...I think he was intact, like you put it, but he didn't want to travel with us anymore. He wanted peace and quiet. He went home. But he wasn't crazy, if that's what you're worried about. Maybe we are the crazy ones." She smiled a little.
Spoiler:
OOC: I hope I remembered that correctly.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene nodded. "Maybe we are..." He stood up and massaged his back, which was stiff from lying on the hard pew. "I know one thing - I could murder a biscuit."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looked to Giles again, happy to escape the subject. "Are there any biscuits? Or just tea?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think I've got some biscuits somewhere," said Giles, rummaging about until he found a tin of them, which he handed out to everyone.
Brook Davies,[b]Lucius[/b] actually did go crazy. He was only hit with it once, but he lost the full 7 Sanity and went both temporarily and indefinitely insane. He had been treated by a psychoanalyst in 1930 before leaving London, so his insanity was temporarily suppressed. [b]Grit[/b], on the other hand, did not go crazy. He was subjected to it three times, but he succeeded at his Sanity rolls every time and only lost a total of 3 Sanity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Ah, just the ticket." Eugene nodded his thanks as he took a biscuit and munched contentedly. 'At least I'm getting my appetite back', he thought.
"so, your friends - did the Steadmans do the same to them as they did to me?" He shuddered a little. "That witchcraft? Were they able to fight back or cancel the magic out in any way? It might look feel like I'm interrogating you miss, but they're still at large with that thing. If they come back for me, I'd at least like a little knowledge to fall back on."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook frowned, trying to remember if someone told her the spesifics. "I wasn't there when it happened. But it was her, the mother. Not the Steadmans. I don't know how they fought it, but at least they got away. Grit, the one I don't know all that well, seemed fine, actually. And he was affected more than once. I have no idea how she does it. There was some ancient Egyptian magic involved."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Hmm... I wonder where they fled to - back to that Egyptian place in the warehouse perhaps?" Eugene's nerves may have been shattered, but he was growing more confident in the quiet and relatively well-lit confines of the church. "If they're on the lookout for another victim, we should try to warn the others."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"They went back into the warehouse," Brook replied. "That bat monster looked hurt by the light. It was sort of see through. I was wondering if it turns more solid after killing someone, maybe that's why they need a sacrifice."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Well then surely we have to stop them before they find another victim!" As Eugene stood up and took a step forward, the dark, shadowy corners of the church began to close in on him. Clenching and un-clenching his fists, he sat back down, feeling wretched. "Or maybe we should wait for daylight..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, you shouldn't head out there during the air raid," said Eddie. "You should wait until the all clear sounds, which won't be until morning if this is anything like last night. I, on the other hand, need to go back out there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene nodded, "well be careful - they are still out there you know. Keep a torch handy in case you bump into them, and, if they start chanting, run away as fast as you can!"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook nodded. "If you see a giant batlike monster, shine your light on it! Be careful." Turned to Eugene, she continued:"We cannot do much against them on our own. We need to wait for the others and come up with a plan."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"You're right of course," Eugene sighed. "I just want to be able to help. When those witches did... whatever it was they did to me, I felt so helpless. I sort of feel like a failure." He smiled weakly. "Hark at me: a grown man babbling his heart out at a young girl. I just hope the others get back here soon..."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook shook her head and smiled. "You're not a failure. You were very brave in that warehouse. You confronted them, so I could get away. And you tried to reason with them. That's a good thing. I thin that's what Story would have done as well. But now that we know what they're doing, we need back up. And a plan."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Brook's words soothed Eugene somewhat, making him feel a lot better - so much so that the shadows in the church's corners seemed to recede a little.
"Thank-you, It's nice of you to say so miss. A plan - yes, that's what we need. Obviously we need to speak to the others, but let's make a start. What if that Egyptian place in the warehouse was destroyed? There are plenty of bombs falling, so any explosion could be attributed to Jerry."
OOC:   I guess we can bat a few ideas around while we wait for everyone else :)  

Return to “Episode 3”