IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Convergence(Everyone)

Post by aine »

"Oh dear, that doesn't bode well! I suppose it must be safer in the daytime, do you think? If we don't go anywhere dark maybe?" Phyllis says with concern.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Post by jp1885 »

"We either go tomorrow, giving us a full day's light, or straight away, hopefully before it's too late. I vote we go now - we've got torches and the like to protect us if need be."
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by Shelfunit »

I agree" Says Charles "If these people are as murderous as they appear, then tomorrow, or even tonight could be too late for Lord Colville".

"Would it be worthwhile asking if Lord Colville had any firearms here in the house, if we could persuade the staff his life is in danger, maybe they would lend them to us? "
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by Pastiche »

"I agree we should go now, even if it could be more dangerous," Benjamin says with a quiver in his voice. "We need to do everything we can to rescue Lord Colville."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"I'll start the car. I'm not sure guns will have much of an effect on the creature, but if you want to ask the staff, I'll wait."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I have my umbrella and my lantern, that will do me thank you very much. Let's hurry!" Phyllis levers her ample self back into the car. "Come on Maggie!" She calls to the other old lady.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

"Maybe not the creature Mr Thomson, but I have my doubts those that are in league with it are bullet proof" replies Charles, trying to sound a little braver than he felt.

Charles turns back to the butler "Sorry for getting a little over zealous earlier" he starts, trying to make up for his rather poor attempt to convince the man of the situation before "but we truly do believe his Lordship is in mortal danger. Does Lord Colville perchance have any armaments in the house for any... ah.. untoward situations that require a show of force that we could use?"

Sorry, I buggered up the spoiler things, and trying to paste the result back into the spoiler led to some weird things happening. The original roll was 55.
Charles Persuade/Fast talk: 70,[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

“Yes we’re really concerned about him,” says Elizabeth, going up and standing next to Charles.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maggie returned to the car and eased herself into the back seat next to Phyllis.

"Most of His Lordship's guns are at his country house," said the butler. "There's not much call for shooting in London. Still, he does keep one rifle here, just in case. One never knows when German parachutists are going to drop in uninvited. Wait here, I'll go fetch it." He closed the door and returned a minute later with a bolt-action rifle, which he handed to Charles. "I've taken the liberty of loading it for you, sir."
OOC,Does [b]Charles[/b] hold onto the rifle himself, or does someone else want it?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles looks around at the group "Is anyone er..um.. skilled with this?"
OOC,I know [b]Eddie[/b] has a high rifle skill from his character sheet
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Post by Turstrigo »

Eddie steps forward. "I've seen more than my fair share of these during the Great War. Hopefully my aim is still as good as back then."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Thanks Eddie, let's hope we don't have to use it. Remember everyone, the Steadmans can do magic. It sounds barmy, but I've got first-hand experience of it. We need to surprise them if we can, otherwise they'll use their jewel thing on us and we'll be done for."
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

"Right then, let's go if we're all ready?" Charles tries to put on a brave face, and hopes the taxi is still there...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The cabbie had waited for them as instructed, the promise of another fare plenty of incentive to keep him there. Like all London cab drivers, he had no trouble finding the address. Eugene followed in his own car. Everyone arrived at the location at around 10:00.

The address was on a residential block near the warehouse district. The poor lived here, the houses squished together in a row. That is, except for the gap where one of them had been bombed to smithereens. As it happened, the bombed-out house was in fact the address they had been given.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene curses under his breath as he parks up his car.

"Oh no... I hope we're not too late..."

He springs out of the car and opens the passenger door for the ladies.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis climbs out, "Thank you." She says, "Was this house bombed last night do you think? We should be able to tell." She has a look at the remains from a safe distance. "Is anyone about?" She looks for street urchins or other local people. "It's a sad looking street and no mistake."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The destruction looked recent. Given that the area had not yet been sealed off, it was more likely to have been bombed last night rather than the night before.
OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b], please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

luck,(65%) roll: 80
"It does look like it might be last nights'. Oh dear, this is going from bad to worse. Should we try calling? He might be trapped." Phyllis asks the others as they peer at the wreckage.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

“The Steadmans might still be around,” says Elizabeth to Phyllis. “I think we should be cautious until we’re sure it’s safe.” She looks around where they are, trying to see if there are any other clues.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The area looked completely deserted. There was no help to be had here, but also no opposition. The wreckage was a tangled mess, and not much could be seen without venturing into it.
OOC,If anyone goes into the ruined building to look around, please roll DEX x 5 and Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”