Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-Trainspotting(Archie/Phyllis)

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Liverpool Street Station - London, England
5:50 PM - Tuesday, September 10, 1940

Reverend Archie Pennyfeather and Phyllis Cruckshank headed to Liverpool Street Station, which was busy at this hour. Both surface and underground trains came and went, with day workers going off shift and night workers on their way to their shifts. It was very crowded and chaotic.
OOC,Both of you, please roll Spot Hidden.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Trainspotting(Archie/Phyllis)

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:20 am
by Snapper
Archie:
Spot Hidden 40%,[dice]0[/dice] [ooc]Definite fail...[/ooc]

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 pm
by aine
Spot hidden,[dice]0[/dice] and here too.
Phyllis holds onto Archie’s arm to prevent being swept away by the bustle.
“Oh my word! Now It know why I never come here at this time of day!” She cries in dismay.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
Neither Archie nor Phyllis could see the Steadmans in the crowd. Soon it was six o'clock, and they could see no sign of them. A surface train arrived at the station, its whistle blowing. People began to spill from it, and then others waiting on the platform boarded.
OOC,Both of you may roll Listen.

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:12 pm
by aine
Listen,25 [dice]0[/dice] a subdued “yes!”
“What was your plan, Reverend? I’m afraid I don’t know why we are meeting the Steadmans.

I mean, they aren’t just going to hand over that jewel and those strange people have gone to find the special knife; at least, I assume that’s where they’ve gone.” Phyllis says rather doubtfully.

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:25 am
by Snapper
Archie:
Listen 50%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Though they couldn't see them, Archie and Phyllis heard a man's voice call: "Madeline, here I am!" amidst the general hubbub.

"Oh, there you are, darling," replied Madeline's voice. "Shall we have dinner first?"

"That's the idea. I know a smashing Indian restaurant not far from here. Fancy a curry?"

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:11 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie turns to Phyllis and waggles his eyebrows. Quietly he says, "Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger."

Cautiously, he turns about, trying to identify where the voices came from.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Neither Archie nor Phyllis could see the Steadmans amidst the crowd, but they could tell from which direction the voices came. They seemed to be moving away, albeit slowly.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm
by aine
“And quick to follow, else we’ll lose them.” Phyllis exclaims and sets off in the direction of the voices. “Maybe we’ll see them once we are out of the throng.”

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:50 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie follows along doggedly. "I'm sure the Good Book would have said that too if anyone had thought of it at the time."

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Archie and Phyllis followed the Steadmans as they walked out of the station and down a street. With the crowd thinned out, they caught sight of them at last.
OOC,Both of you, please roll Hide. Even if you fail, you still might not be seen.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:31 pm
by aine
“Hopefully they won’t recognise us amongst all the people; I don’t suppose we look particularly threatening, an old lady and a man of the cloth, but we’d best be cautious.” Says Phyllis as the they follow and she keeps her face low under her hat.
Hide,10 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:35 am
by Snapper
Archie:

"I was always hopeless at hide and seek."
Hide 10%,[dice]0[/dice] [ooc]Well that was unexpected.[/ooc]

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
Major Steadman, still wearing his RAF uniform, glanced back as he walked with his wife, but they continued on their way. About two blocks from the station, they reached a restaurant with Indian-themed decorations called "Khan's" and went inside.
OOC,Spot Hidden rolls for [b]Madeline[/b] and [b]James Steadman[/b] to see [b]Phyllis[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:12 pm
by aine
“That’s them settled for a bit.” Says Phyllis. “Unless they decide to leave by the back door.” I still don’t know what exactly we are supposed to do; what was your plan, Reverend?”

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:42 am
by Snapper
Archie:

"My best suggestion is we confront them at a point when they are alone, or close to it. Barging in on their vindaloo tea is likely just going to get us arrested and accomplish nothing. I'm thinking wait until they exit then approach them whenever it's quiet."

"I still believe the Major is motivated by a desire to end the War, it's just his Faustian methods that are evil. I am hoping I might reason with him yet. And perhaps save both their souls into the bargain."

Archie turns to Phyllis. "If this goes badly, you must not put yourself at risk on my account, Phyllis. Take no unnecessary risks. Return to the others and come up with another strategy."

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:26 pm
by aine
“Oh my.” Replies Phyllis looking concerned. She hefts her antique umbrella and nods. “I’m with you as far as I am able, Reverend, the W.I. Will not be found lacking in spirit.”

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:57 am
by Snapper
Archie:

"I would never doubt it. Let's find somewhere to watch the front entrance."
OOC,Is there somewhere Archie and Phyllis can wait and discreetly watch the front of the Indian restaurant?

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Archie and Phyllis sat down at a table at a sidewalk cafe across the street with a good view of Khan's, and they were able to have something to eat and drink while they waited. At around seven o'clock, the Steadmans emerged from the Indian restaurant and began to walk down the street to the east, away from the station. It was now starting to get dark.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:55 am
by Snapper
Archie:

"Time to go, I think. Now if we can just find some quiet spot." Archie keeps his eye on the two.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:20 pm
by aine
Phyllis walks steadfastly besides Archie, “It looks like they are headed somewhere particular.” She says.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:14 pm
by Mr. Handy
The Steadmans continued down a narrow street, apparently unaware that they were being followed. A few minutes later, the air raid sirens began to sound. The few people on the street headed quickly away heading for shelter - except for the Steadmans, who walked on as if nothing was amiss.
OOC,Spot Hidden rolls for [b]Madeline[/b] and [b]James Steadman[/b] to see [b]Phyllis[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:34 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie glances up at the sky. "Oh good. An air raid. In case we were starting to relax."

"Where are they going though?"

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:14 pm
by aine
“I can’t think where they might be going but at some point they are going to notice us and then the cat will be amongst the pigeons. Still, I don’t know what else we can do.” Says Phyllis. “I must say, I’m not normally in the habit of being out and about during an air raid!” She looks up at the narrow slot of sky above them.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
There were no planes in sight yet, but over the last few nights the sirens had gone off a good twenty or thirty minutes before the bombs started falling. The Steadmans showed no sign of noticing them. They did not even look back.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:53 pm
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie sighs and gives Phyllis a smile of encouragement. "Brave soul," he says quietly.

Then to himself, he starts quietly, "Yea, though I walk through the valley..."

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 pm
by aine
“Really, Reverend, couldn’t we have something a little more cheerful; Our green and pleasant land perhaps?” Phyllis scolds with a mock frown.
“They don’t seem at all bothered about the air raid, do you suppose they know something we don’t?”

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
After several minutes, the Steadmans walked down a street where several of the houses had been bombed out, presumably earlier in the week. They stopped outside an intact house, and Major Steadman cocked an ear.
OOC,Both of you, please roll Listen.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:26 pm
by Snapper
Archie:
Listen 50%,[dice]0[/dice] [ooc]Drat.[/ooc]

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:44 pm
by aine
Phyllis stops and listens
Listen,25[dice]0[/dice] Deaf old bat.
Ooc,Does Phyllis recognise anything from her last foray into the East?

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie won't get any closer to the Steadmans while they've stopped, and he gestures to Phyllis that he is pausing. He looks for somewhere they might wait inconspicuous.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:57 am
by Mr. Handy
The major gestured to his wife, and then both Steadmans went inside the house.
OOC,No, this appears to be a different street.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:29 pm
by Snapper
Archie:

Glancing nervously at the sky, Archie hurries towards the house the Steadmans have entered. "Let us hope they are not preying on some other innocent."

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 pm
by aine
“One would hope these houses have been abandoned; they can’t be very safe. Look at that one- it could come down any minute!” She points to one further down the street. Phyllis stays close to Archie.
“Maybe they’ll put a light on on a minute.” Phyllis peers up at the windows.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
There was no such luck. The windows were, appropriately, covered by blackout curtains. Archie and Phyllis soon reached the door, which had been left open. Archie could hear something going on in there, but he couldn't tell what it was from outside.
OOC,If you wish to enter the house, please roll Sneak.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:40 pm
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie looks at Phyllis then squares his shoulders and lifts his chin. He steps into the house, and in a strong voice announces, "ARP Warden, I say, ARP Warden! You need to seek shelter from the air raid!"

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:06 pm
by aine
“Oh lawks!” Mutters Phyllis. She hefts her umbrella and follows Archie in.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy
The Steadmans emerged from a doorway into the living room after Archie and Phyllis entered. Major Steadman was dragging a scruffy teenage boy in threadbare clothes who was carrying a sack. "You're no warden," he said, taking in the reverend's appearance. "No matter. We heard some noise inside and went to investigate, the same as you. As you can see, we've caught this young man looting."

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:42 pm
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie sighs and holds his hands open before him in a sign of peace. "Major, let the boy go. You will conduct no unholy rituals tonight. No more Faustian deals to unleash devils upon the Luftwaffe, or the long-suffering citizens of London, or anyone else."

"We know what you are doing, and our friends know too. We just want to talk with you before anything else happens. Let the lad go and we can talk like civilised adults."

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:03 pm
by aine
Ooc,Is there a slight chance Phyllis knows the boy from her work with the poor?
Phyllis nods, backing Archie up. She looks kindly at the boy.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about," said Major Steadman, "and we're not about to set a looter free to loot again."
OOC,Both of you may roll Psychology. [b]Phyllis[/b], you may make a Know roll, but it will take an extreme success to recognize him.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:35 am
by Snapper
Archie:
Psychology 80%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Reverend Archie Pennyfeather,[b]Archie[/b] could tell that not only was [b]Major Steadman[/b] lying, but that he and his wife were more than a little afraid.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:27 am
by aine
Psychology,55[dice]0[/dice]
Know,85[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Phyllis Cruckshank,[b]Phyllis[/b] could tell that not only was [b]Major Steadman[/b] lying, but that he and his wife were more than a little afraid. He also kept glancing not at the Webley in his holster, but at the pocket on the other side of uniform trousers. She didn't recognize the boy by name, but by the style of his clothes he seemed to be one of a group of vagrant children known as "The Lost Boys." He looked downright terrified.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:12 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie looks stern and sounds angry. "Don't be a fool, Major, you hurt the boy now and it's all over, there's nothing we can do for you, you'll swing for it. Let. Him. Go. And then we can talk like civilised people."

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:43 pm
by aine
Phyllis looks balefully at the Steadmans. These young urchin boys were lucky to survive into manhood as it was without the likes of the Steadmans’ nefarious plans. She wondered if the major had the jewel in his pocket.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
"I've done nothing wrong," said Major Steadman. "I'm not going to hurt him, but neither can I let him go."

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:04 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Hands still held open in a benediction-like pose, Archie takes two steps towards the Steadmans. "What are you going to do? Shoot a Naval chaplain and a member of the Women's Institute?" Archie points to the medal ribbons on his uniform. "I've been there too, on ships in the Atlantic. Would you shoot a fellow serving officer. You, a war hero."

"We all four know you don't care about looters, except as - what - fuel for your next ritual. We can talk about this but only after you release the lad."

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:13 pm
by aine
“How about I look after the young lad for you while you talk to the Reverend.” Suggests Phyllis. “We won’t be going anywhere.”

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
"I'm not going to shoot anyone," said Major Steadman. "You're the only one threatening violence. I'm sorry, ma'am, but I can't release the young man to you. He might escape. I shall only turn him over to the proper authorities. Shall we go visit them? Then you can tell them your story, and we can tell them ours. We'll see who they believe."

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:58 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie sighs, dropping his hands, and sounds quite indignant. "In point of fact, I have not threatened violence, nor will I ever. Do. Not. Attempt to take the moral high ground with me. I have seen what has happened to Eugene. And there is a poor girl, a Londoner, in the morgue because of that foul thing you unleashed. I was at her autopsy. Goodness knows how many other have suffered similar fates."

"I think you, Major, honestly believe that what you are doing might save Britain from the Nazis. But you are mistaken, in fact deceived. Certainly by the entity you are venerating. Almost certainly by your mother-in-law." He raises an eyebrow at Mrs Steadman.

"Do you want to continue this conversation in front of the boy? Or will you let him go now so we can talk privately?"

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:27 pm
by aine
“And it’s not just we two who know all about the beast you have, er, let loose in London; there are lots of us. As the Reverend says, we’d like to help you stop the violence.” Says Phyllis.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"I shall not release him until he is in the custody of the authorities," said Major Steadman. "You are welcome to accompany us if you like, as I said. But if not, then please get out of our way. By attempting to free a looter caught in the act, you are guilty of a crime yourselves."

The boy looked back and forth, wide eyed.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:35 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie gestures towards the front door. "Very well. If at this of all times you have suddenly decided to obey the law again, let us be on our way. First stop for all of us must be the nearest public air raid shelter, of course. Once the all clear is sounded, we can call for a policeman."

"At least while we're all taking shelter with good honest Londoners, you won't have an opportunity to conduct any strange and unholy rituals." Archie looks from the Major to Mrs Steadman and back.
Mrs Steadman,How is Mrs Steadman reacting to all this?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Then let us go," said Major Steadman, pulling the boy toward the door. He was still frightened and bewildered, probably from all the talk he didn't understand. Madeline followed, also still afraid, though she seemed to have confidence in her husband. "The nearest public shelter is Liverpool Street Station. It's this way." He began to head down the street.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:10 pm
by aine
Phyllis looks at Archie and then keeps pace with the major,
“Major Steadman, if you don’t mind me asking, what’s bothering you? You look like you’re expecting the Devil himself to jump out at any minute; it can’t be the air raid, not to an airman like you.”

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:25 am
by Mr. Handy
"You startled me with your sudden appearance," said Major Steadman, glancing back as he led the way through the darkened street. It was difficult to see anything at all in the blackout, as it was now full dark. "I thought maybe the lad had some bigger friends at first." This sounded reasonable, but it was an outright lie.
OOC,It was the boy who was frightened in the last post, though [b]Major Steadman[/b] is still a little afraid. Both of you may roll Listen, Navigate, and Spot Hidden. The Spot Hidden roll is at half skill.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:29 am
by Snapper
Archie:
Listen 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
Navigate 40%,[dice]1[/dice]
Half Spot Hidden 20%,[dice]2[/dice]
OOC:   Unexpectedly, three for three successes!  
"Watch your step in the darkness, Phyllis."

"Major, please drop the charade. We do not believe a word of what you're saying and we have seen proof of what you have been doing. Where is that object you bought from the American sea captain? The so-called jewel."

In the darkness, Archie's right hand slides into his inside jacket pocket and wraps around the grip of the Colt automatic...

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Reverend Archie Pennyfeather,[b]Archie[/b] saw [b]Major Steadman[/b] slip his hand into his left front pocket, the same one he had been glancing at earlier. He also could hear the drone of airplane engines in the distance behind them, which he knew to be to the east. They were heading west, back the way they had come, toward Liverpool Street Station.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:29 pm
by aine
Rolls,listen [dice]0[/dice] success navigate [dice]1[/dice] Success spot h[dice]2[/dice]idden fail

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy
"Very well," sighed Major Steadman, turning to face Archie and Phyllis. While he tried to sound defeated, both of them could tell that his confidence was unshaken. "I presume you mean this."
Phyllis Cruckshank,[b]Phyllis[/b] could hear the drone of airplane engines in the distance behind them, which she knew to be to the east. From the engine sounds, she could tell that it was a squadron of German Dornier 17 bombers. They were heading west, back the way they had come, toward Liverpool Street Station. From the sound, they were a few minutes away.
Reverend Archie Pennyfeather,[b]Major Steadman[/b] slowly removed his hand from his pocket, a small object in it. It looked vaguely coffin-shaped and matched the description [b]Archie[/b] had been given of the stone's container.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:32 am
by Snapper
Archie:

"And now we are finally getting closer to the truth," Archie says. He draws his Colt 45 and points it at the Major.

"That thing you are holding was not made by human hands. Do you understand that? Or that the creature you worship will betray you, and be unleashed on all humanity. You are trying to light the fuse to a bomb you have no conception of."

"Put the jewel on the ground and step away from it. Make no move to use it to harm the boy, Phyllis, or me."

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:00 pm
by aine
Phyllis said nothing about what she could hear; this moment was too important to interrupt. But she fervently wished the men would hurry up.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:38 am
by Mr. Handy
"So it's armed robbery, then?" said Major Steadman. "The stone cost me a thousand pounds. After all your talk, you're no different than you accuse me of being. How do you justify this? Are you doing it for the greater good? Do the ends justify the means? You, sir, are a hypocrite. What are you going to do if I don't surrender it? Are you going to shoot me?"

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:58 am
by Snapper
Archie:

"Spare me the theatrics. That thing is a weapon and you know it. A weapon far more dangerous than your Webley. I will not shoot except to defend myself or others. And, trust me, the last thing I want is to be in possession of that item."

"But make any move to harm us and I will do everything I can to stop you. So drop it and step away."

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
"Would you go so far as to shoot me in the back?" asked Major Steadman. "I'm not going to harm you. I'm just going to turn around and walk away from you." With that, he turned his back on Archie and Phyllis.

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:52 pm
by aine
Phyllis rolls her eyes at Archie and glances at the sky. Surely he could hear the approaching aircraft by now.
“I expect that jewel would be worth a lot on the black market if one knew the right people.” She says, looking hard at the young lad.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b], please roll Fast Talk.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:17 pm
by aine
Fast talk,550

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy
The boy's eyes went wide, and greed won out over fear. He made a grab for the small object in Major Steadman's hand, but the Major held it out of his reach and tightened his grip on him. "Don't try that again," he said, glaring at him. Then he and his wife began walking away, dragging the lad with them.

There was a distant crump from behind. The air raid had begun.
OOC,Boy's Grapple roll (25% base skill) to grab the coffin-like container: 0

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:13 pm
by aine
“I was rather hoping the boy would stealthily pick pocket the coffin.” Muttered Phyllis quietly to Archie. “I suppose we’ll have to go with them despite the air raid?” She looks at the sky worriedly.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,He would have, had it been in his pocket, but it's still in his hand.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:52 am
by Snapper
Archie:

Archie puts the pistol back in his jacket, casting a quick, nervous glance at the sky. He says to Major Steadman, "You're right, I have no intention of shooting you in the back. But I will punch you in the face, more than happily. So put them up, or are you afraid of a middle aged chaplain?" All of five foot nothing, Archie balls his fists and holds them close to his face in the traditional boxing pose.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:18 am
by Mr. Handy
Both Steadmans stopped, looked back, and turned around. James Steadman was smiling. In his left hand, he held the small sarcophagus-like object, only now it was open. Within was a black gem-like stone, though one with crimson striations through it that looked oddly like blood. The thing was no more than four inches across, but it transfixed Archie's and Phyllis's gaze.
OOC,[b]Archie[/b] and [b]Phyllis[/b], please roll against POW x 3 on 1D100.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 am
by Snapper
Archie:
POWx3 54%,0
OOC:   Fail.  

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:18 pm
by aine
Roll,POW x3 39 0

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:13 am
by Mr. Handy
While Phyllis managed to turn her gaze away, Archie remained transfixed by the stone. Madeline began to chant, pulling a snub-nosed .32 automatic pistol from her purse.
Reverend Archie Pennyfeather,A montage of alien vistas overwhelmed [b]Archie[/b], and he could not tear his eyes away from it. His will was wholly consumed by them. They filled his vision, and he barely even noticed [b]Madeline[/b] chanting. He saw... [i]An icy world with mountains and strange rock formations, where indistinct forms flew in the distance... A bizarre city with a castle on the shore of a yellow lake, with two moons in the sky overhead... A barren wasteland reminiscent of the battlefields of the last war, where strange machines that looked like the deranged offspring of a miniature tank and a pepperpot trundled across the terrain...[/i] [spoiler]Contact roll (10% chance): 0[/spoiler]
OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b], it is now your turn to act. [b]Archie[/b] cannot act this round.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:17 pm
by aine
“We’ll have none of that Mumbo Jumbo, Madam!” Cries Phyllis. She takes her heavy iron umbrella, opens it and runs at Madeline with it, iron spike first, hoping it will at the least shield Archie’s view of the stone and possibly knock the gun or stone from Madeleine’s hand.
Roll,0

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
Phyllis charged at Madeline, smacking her very hard with her iron umbrella. The blow sent her reeling, disrupting her chanting and nearly knocking her to the ground, but sheer bloody-mindedness kept her on her feet. Major James Steadman snapped shut the lid of the box, and Archie was released from its grip and capable of moving again. However, a terrible form materialized in the street. No less than forty feet long, it was long and black, like an enormous snake with a single bat-like wing.

"There!" shouted the major, pointing at Phyllis, who had just struck his wife. "There is your offering!"

The monstrosity writhed as it loomed over her...
Story
JAYSUN81

Elizabeth Young
YOCKENTHWAITE

Brook Davies
THORN

Lord Rufus Colville
MR. HANDY

Eddie Lawlor
TURSTRIGO

Reverend Doctor Archie Pennyfeather
ANDYW666
SNAPPER

Phyllis Cruckshank
AINE

Benjamin Klein
PASTICHE

Seamus O'Leary
DRKROXAS

Eugene Thomson
JP1885

Dr. Anna Jerkins
HELPLESSBYSTANDER
MEPHISTOPHILIS

Charles Davis
SHELFUNIT

Female ARP Warden
MR. HANDY

Maggie Duncan
MR. HANDY

Reverend Giles Curry
MR. HANDY

Laura
MR. HANDY

Police Sergeant
MR. HANDY

Melissa
MR. HANDY

Sergeant Angus MacDonald
MR. HANDY

Foreign Office Guards
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Major James Steadman
MR. HANDY

Carstairs
MR. HANDY

Maid
MR. HANDY

Receptionist
MR. HANDY

Dr. Abner Stoddard
MR. HANDY

Megan
MR. HANDY

Madeline Steadman
MR. HANDY

Carole Siddons
MR. HANDY

Brigid
MR. HANDY

Doris Spangler
MR. HANDY

Conductor
MR. HANDY

WPC Fenella McBride
MR. HANDY

Irene Carpenter
MR. HANDY

Florence Bryant
MR. HANDY

Nurse
MR. HANDY

Orderlies
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Rebecca Hanson
MR. HANDY

Dr. Agatha Sinclair
MR. HANDY

Matron
MR. HANDY

Catherine Exeter
MR. HANDY

Group Commander Frye
MR. HANDY

Teenage Looter
MR. HANDY

Title music by
RON GRAINER and
BBC RADIOPHONIC
WORKSHOP

Designer
MR. HANDY

Producer
MR. HANDY

Directed by
MR. HANDY
OOC,[b]Madeline[/b]'s Dodge roll: 0 Damage to [b]Madeline[/b] from umbrella (large club): 1+2 [b]Madeline[/b]'s CON roll: 3 [b]James[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 47): 4 [b]Madeline[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 67): 5 Sanity loss: 7 Idea roll: 8 Type and duration of temporary insanity: 10 11 Boy's Sanity roll (current level 50): 6 Sanity loss: 9 Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
The Horror Unleashed