Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy
Near Steadman's Warehouse - Limehouse, London, England
7:43 PM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

Brook reached Eugene's side and saw with relief that he was still alive. Though he looked much worse for the wear, she knew that he was unharmed physically and would recover in time - but it didn't look like the Germans would stop their bombing to wait for that. The bombs were getting closer and closer. Then a familiar-looking air raid warden ran up to them. It was Eddie Lawlor, and he recognized her too.

"Oh, it's you, Miss," he said. Then he looked down at Eugene, horrified. The man was covered with terrible blisters, and liquid oozed from his pores. "Gas!" he cried in a panic, fumbling with his cardboard box to extract his gas mask. "Quick, Miss, put your mask on!"
Eugene Thomson,I'd forgotten to mention it earlier, but because you went temporarily insane due to a Mythos cause for the first time, your Cthulhu Mythos score increases by 5. You may roll against Cthulhu Mythos now to see what insane insights you might have about the monster. You may not act yet.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:38 am
by jp1885
Any relief that Eugene may have felt for his rescue was overridden by the terrible darkness that overwhelmed his broken mind. This was exacerbated by the compulsion to repeat everything Brook and Eddie were saying and the frustration that he couldn't move his jaw to do so.
Cthulhu Mythos 5,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,Not sure how to make a mythos check in 6e, so I've rolled a d100

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 pm
by Thorn
Brook looked up at the familiar face. "Oh! Eddie, right? Nono! It's not gas, it was something else, some people did this to him! But I've seen it before, and I think he'll be okay, we just need to move him someplace safe! Will you help me? Where's the nearest shelter?" She looked down at poor Eugene. "Don't worry, Eugene, you'll be alright! We'll help you!"

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Eddie was very strong, and with Brook's help, which he didn't seem to need much, they were able to pick up Eugene and carry him. "There's an air raid warden's post near here," he said. "They've got a telephone, and I could call for an ambulance. He really looks like he needs to go to hospital. If you're sure he's all right, we could go to the shelter at St. James's Church again."
OOC,Yes, you did the roll right.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:24 pm
by jp1885
'Just as long as it's not dark!' Eugene screamed in his head. He allowed himself to be heaved up - he didn't have any other choice.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 pm
by Thorn
Brook looked at Eugene, frowning a little. "Well, I'm pretty sure. The same thing happened to some other friends of mine, and it was just temporary. Let's go to the shelter, Story'll know what to do."

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy
"Well, all right," said Eddie, leading the way. "We sure don't want to stay around here."

Eugene was in intense pain and terror the whole time, wishing that it would just end. It took them a while, but they eventually reached St. James's Church and descended the stairs to the makeshift shelter, where Reverend Giles Curry awaited them. Nobody else was here yet. Fortunately for Eugene, it was lit by an electric light.

"Good Lord!" cried Giles when he saw in what state Eugene was. "Quick, lay him down on a spare pew!"

Eddie complied. Eugene began to feel the familiar pins and needles sensation again, as the pain subsided and ultimately faded away.
OOC,[b]Eugene[/b], you may act freely now.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:11 pm
by jp1885
As the pins and needles faded, Eugene felt able to move and speak again. Suddenly he sat bolt upright on the pew, eyes wide. "Good Lord! Quick, lay him down on a spare pew!"
He shook his head in puzzlement.
"Um, I mean thankyou - thankyou so much! The thing - did you see it?" He shuffled forward so that he was closer to the light, lest the shadows in the corner of the church overwhelmed him. "The father of all bats they called it. They're summoning these creatures to attack the Luftwaffe, but they demand a price of human lives! The light - it can't stand the light!"
He shook his head and laughed ironically. "I tried to talk to them, but that mad woman cast some kind of spell on me. They have a magic crystal - beware of that crystal!"
He slumped back, exhausted.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:42 pm
by Thorn
Brook looked relieved at Eugene when he woke. "Eugene! Thank god, you had us worried! Yes, I saw it...it seemed to get hurt by the search light, they all fled back into the warehouse. I almost wish the germans will drop a bomb on it. How are you feeling?" she asked, concerned. "Are you alright?"

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 pm
by jp1885
Eugene looked straight at Brook with wide eyes.
"How are you feeling? Are you alright? No, I don't think I am..." He gripped her arm. "The things I've seen miss... the things I've seen...!"

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 pm
by Thorn
Brook made a worried frown when Eugene seemed to repeat her own words. She glanced at his grip on her arm, and asked soothingly:"What did you see, Eugene?"

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Eddie's jaw dropped as he stared. "The poor man," said Giles, shaking his head.
Eugene Thomson,Your temporary insanity is now over, so you no longer need to repeat what others say. Your indefinite insanity, fear of the dark, will continue for at least a month.

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:30 pm
by jp1885
"The poor ma-" Eugene stopped and blinked. "Oh."
He tried to sit up and winced. "I feel like I've been through a mangle... What did I see? Well I'm not sure... Different worlds I suppose... Things out of an HG Wells novel, or one of those crazy pulp magazines. And then..."
He began to shake as the shadows in the church began to move closer.
"...it came - the Father of all bats... A thing, there but not there. It looked at me, into me, with it's single great eye - three pupils all in one horrible eye..."
He shuffled a little more. "They called it and I think they control it - not the husband but the mother and daughter. They have some jewel thing in a little box. I tried to reason with them, but they paralysed me with their magic spells."
He looked at their incredulous expressions. "Yes, I said magic - they're witches!"

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 pm
by Thorn
Brook didn't really look all that surprised, just concerned. "Yes...the bat thing looked sort of incorporeal...seethrough. Like it was in two dimensions at once, perhaps. But if they can take down planes, they must be quite solid. Maybe they need the sacrifice to become fully corporeal," she mused. "Good thing they didn't have time to finish their crazy ritual. I wish Story'd come, he might know some more by now."

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Good heavens!" rasped Giles, pacing back and forth. "You mean they actually called up a demon? It does make sense that it can't stand the light."

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 am
by jp1885
"All I know is that they have to be stopped. I can't bear the thought of other innocent people going through what I've been through - this war is bad enough as it is!" Eugene thought for a moment. "The husband, Major Steadman, he seems the least fanatical. It might be possible to bring him on our side if we can get him alone... However, I think we need to discuss this with the others, especially Brook, your chum Mr. Story - he seems to know an awful lot about this weird stuff."

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:15 pm
by Thorn
Brook nodded. "He knows about a lot of things. A lot of it weird. Now, can I get you anything? I mean, I'm not sure we've got any food or water...." She looked at Giles. "Is there anything to eat or drink around here?"

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 pm
by jp1885
"To be honest miss, I just want to rest for a while and settle my nerves as best I can." Eugene makes himself comfortable. "If you don't mind, I'll get my head down while it's quiet. Just make sure the light's left on..."

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:56 pm
by Thorn
Brook turned back to Eugene. "Of course...rest. We'll keep the light on, don't worry." She sat down on a pew and chewed her lip, hoping her friends would be back soon. Something had to be done about the Steadmans and their pet...

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
"There's tea," said Giles, heading over to the tea set. "I think we could all use a cup round about now. I'll put the kettle on."

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:40 pm
by Thorn
"Thanks," Brook said, longing for a coke. She glanced at Eugene to make sure he was okay for now, then listened for the german bombs. Next time, she'd prefer going someplace and sometime there wasn't a war on. If they ever recovered the Tardis. She sighed and looked at Giles again. "1943, right?"

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Giles looked confused for a moment. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, Miss," he said. "Is that a Bible chapter and verse? I'm not sure which book that would be..."

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:31 am
by jp1885
Despite trying to sleep, Eugene can't help eavesdropping on the conversation between Brook and Giles. The girl did indeed say some strange things - like how she had been in that terrible warehouse ten years previously. Why on earth was she wandering around there at six years old?
He sighed - lying still was only reminding him of that horrific feeling of helplessness he had recently experience when paralysed. He sat up, helping himself to a cup of tea and regarding Brook curiously.
"Do you mean the year miss? It's 1940 of course. Just out of interest, remind me how you, Mr. Story and your friends came to be in London?"

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:53 pm
by Thorn
Brook looked at Eugene, trying to remember what they had said the previous night. "Right. 1940. That's what meant. And, yeah....I'm from London, you know. I've just...been travelling with Story and Elisabeth. Thought we'd pop back for a visit." She smiled a little at what she just said. Pop back...they'd defintely popped back. She turned serious again. "Then our vehicle got buried under a building..."

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:10 pm
by jp1885
Eugene sipped his tea. It was very good - builder's strength.
"Well you can always get the train out of London miss. I dread to think the state my car is in, or the number of parking tickets it's got! You mentioned that some of your friends went through the same... whatever it was... as me. You said they recovered, but did they survive... y'know... intact?" He tapped his head. "Up here I mean."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:49 am
by Thorn
Brook frowned, thinking back, both wanting to reassure Eugene and wanting to give a straight answer. Finally she said:"I think so...I only know one of them well enough to say. Lucius...I think he was intact, like you put it, but he didn't want to travel with us anymore. He wanted peace and quiet. He went home. But he wasn't crazy, if that's what you're worried about. Maybe we are the crazy ones." She smiled a little.
Spoiler:
OOC: I hope I remembered that correctly.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:51 pm
by jp1885
Eugene nodded. "Maybe we are..." He stood up and massaged his back, which was stiff from lying on the hard pew. "I know one thing - I could murder a biscuit."

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 pm
by Thorn
Brook looked to Giles again, happy to escape the subject. "Are there any biscuits? Or just tea?"

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I think I've got some biscuits somewhere," said Giles, rummaging about until he found a tin of them, which he handed out to everyone.
Brook Davies,[b]Lucius[/b] actually did go crazy. He was only hit with it once, but he lost the full 7 Sanity and went both temporarily and indefinitely insane. He had been treated by a psychoanalyst in 1930 before leaving London, so his insanity was temporarily suppressed. [b]Grit[/b], on the other hand, did not go crazy. He was subjected to it three times, but he succeeded at his Sanity rolls every time and only lost a total of 3 Sanity.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 am
by jp1885
"Ah, just the ticket." Eugene nodded his thanks as he took a biscuit and munched contentedly. 'At least I'm getting my appetite back', he thought.
"so, your friends - did the Steadmans do the same to them as they did to me?" He shuddered a little. "That witchcraft? Were they able to fight back or cancel the magic out in any way? It might look feel like I'm interrogating you miss, but they're still at large with that thing. If they come back for me, I'd at least like a little knowledge to fall back on."

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:24 pm
by Thorn
Brook frowned, trying to remember if someone told her the spesifics. "I wasn't there when it happened. But it was her, the mother. Not the Steadmans. I don't know how they fought it, but at least they got away. Grit, the one I don't know all that well, seemed fine, actually. And he was affected more than once. I have no idea how she does it. There was some ancient Egyptian magic involved."

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:41 pm
by jp1885
"Hmm... I wonder where they fled to - back to that Egyptian place in the warehouse perhaps?" Eugene's nerves may have been shattered, but he was growing more confident in the quiet and relatively well-lit confines of the church. "If they're on the lookout for another victim, we should try to warn the others."

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm
by Thorn
"They went back into the warehouse," Brook replied. "That bat monster looked hurt by the light. It was sort of see through. I was wondering if it turns more solid after killing someone, maybe that's why they need a sacrifice."

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:38 am
by jp1885
"Well then surely we have to stop them before they find another victim!" As Eugene stood up and took a step forward, the dark, shadowy corners of the church began to close in on him. Clenching and un-clenching his fists, he sat back down, feeling wretched. "Or maybe we should wait for daylight..."

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:32 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, you shouldn't head out there during the air raid," said Eddie. "You should wait until the all clear sounds, which won't be until morning if this is anything like last night. I, on the other hand, need to go back out there."

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:29 am
by jp1885
Eugene nodded, "well be careful - they are still out there you know. Keep a torch handy in case you bump into them, and, if they start chanting, run away as fast as you can!"

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:13 pm
by Thorn
Brook nodded. "If you see a giant batlike monster, shine your light on it! Be careful." Turned to Eugene, she continued:"We cannot do much against them on our own. We need to wait for the others and come up with a plan."

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:05 pm
by jp1885
"You're right of course," Eugene sighed. "I just want to be able to help. When those witches did... whatever it was they did to me, I felt so helpless. I sort of feel like a failure." He smiled weakly. "Hark at me: a grown man babbling his heart out at a young girl. I just hope the others get back here soon..."

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:24 pm
by Thorn
Brook shook her head and smiled. "You're not a failure. You were very brave in that warehouse. You confronted them, so I could get away. And you tried to reason with them. That's a good thing. I thin that's what Story would have done as well. But now that we know what they're doing, we need back up. And a plan."

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:14 am
by jp1885
Brook's words soothed Eugene somewhat, making him feel a lot better - so much so that the shadows in the church's corners seemed to recede a little.
"Thank-you, It's nice of you to say so miss. A plan - yes, that's what we need. Obviously we need to speak to the others, but let's make a start. What if that Egyptian place in the warehouse was destroyed? There are plenty of bombs falling, so any explosion could be attributed to Jerry."
OOC:   I guess we can bat a few ideas around while we wait for everyone else :)  

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:55 pm
by Thorn
Brook nodded. "Yeah, good idea. Let's blow them up! Well...the place, at least. I was sort of hoping a bomb would fall on the warehouse when I had the searchlight turned on it, but that warden woman turned it back up again."

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 pm
by jp1885
"We could always pop over to Woolwich Arsenal and ask for a couple of artillery shells," Eugene chuckled. "Seriously though, if we get through this, at the very least a gang of navvies with picks and crowbars would make short work of that place!"
He stooped and thought for a second. "Maybe our first priority should be to deal with the Steadmans - or at least Madeline and her deal ol' mum. We have to get that jewel thing, or whatever it is, off them... I get the feeling that ol' Major Steadman could be worked on - I reckon he might have doubts..." He shrugged. "Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. It passes the time at least - better than trying to sell you vacuum cleaners!"

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, please continue to discuss things while the other thread catches up to you.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:13 pm
by Thorn
Brook nodded thoughtfully. "But how to get the gizmo from them...that's the question. Know any pick pockets?" She smiled, to lighten the mood.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 pm
by jp1885
Eugene chuckled. "Well I've met a few dodgy characters in my time, but most of them have either been called up into the army or are lying low!"

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The Conceal skill would be used to try to pick someone's pocket (or purse).

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 pm
by jp1885
With the conversation petering out, Eugene made himself as comfortable as possible with cushions and kneelers and tried to get some sleep.
OOC,With Thorn currently busy, I'm happy to wait until everyone gets back to the church.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:05 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm not sure what time the other group of characters will arrive, but you may as well both roll Sanity when you get a chance for enduring the second night of the Blitz. Sanity loss is 0/1, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed but 1 Sanity if you fail. Once you've failed a roll, you will no longer have to roll again on future nights, as you'll be used to it. However, both of you succeeded at your rolls the previous night, so you still need to roll this time.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:33 am
by jp1885
SAN (currently 25),[dice]0[/dice]
SAN loss,1 (SAN now 24)
Eugene shuddered as part of London was bombed with a distant 'crump'.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:52 am
by Thorn
Brook Sanity [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 am
by Turstrigo
Eddie poured himself a modest cup of tea as he listened to the conversation, a quick drink to warm himself up before the patrol. "I'm not sure if The Woolwich crew will consider the presence of a cult a sufficient reason to lend us anything. We could try passing them off as a potential German spy cell, if all else fails. Would at least get them arrested and the place searched." He started to wonder if he should take Felix along with him, given all these nightmares about.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 am
by jp1885
Eugene opened his eyes as Eddie spoke.

"A German spy cell? That's not a bad idea. If you could persuade the authorities to investigate the warehouse it'd put pressure on the Steadmans at the very least - maybe force them to make a mistake. Watch out for the two women though."

He paused, shuddering as the sirens wailed.

"It would have to be a daytime raid though. We can't risk more deaths at the hand of that monster. During the night... well, could you ask your colleagues to occasionally sweep their searchlights over the warehouse? Hopefully that'd keep the creature's head down, rather than allow it to go out in the dark to kill."

"Another option is to get to them via Major Steadman. If we can get him on his own somehow - maybe when he's on duty - we could try to make him see just what a terrible thing he is involved in."

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:50 pm
by Turstrigo
Well, whatever it was they did to your face would surely cast them in a pretty bad light.
OOC:   Roll anything to see what Eddie knows about the Steadmans? Also, is Eugene's face back to normal?  

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Eddie[/b] only knows what others have told him about the Steadmans. London's a huge city with a large population, and he wouldn't have been in the same circles they are. [b]Eugene[/b]'s face is not quite as bad as it was when [b]Eddie[/b] first saw him, but it's still far from back to normal.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:05 am
by jp1885
Eugene's hand involuntarily went up to his face, feeling the healing blisters. He had no idea what he looked like since his ordeal, but he was sure he wasn't a pretty sight.

"Um, thanks Eddie. I'm sure my face is in a bit of a state, but I don't think it'll be enough to persuade the authorities that there's a coven of witches going around summoning demons. When the air raid is over, we should find someone and report our suspicions that there's a spy-ring in the warehouse. If we can find out where Major Steadman works, we can also talk to him if he's alone."

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:35 pm
by Thorn
Brook sat with her back to the wall, listening to the sirens and the conversation. "We could pin that poor girl's murder on them....that should get the police involved, shouldn't it? And it wouldn't be wrong, either. They did turn that monster bat loose on her...."

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 am
by jp1885
"Very true miss. Either way we need to get the authorities interested enough to raid that warehouse."
OOC,Has Eugene ever witnessed Story use his sonic screwdriver?

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I don't think he's used it yet during this adventure, so I'd say no. If you saw him using it when you were catching up, you'd probably remember.

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 am
by jp1885
OOC,Fair enough - just mulling ideas over :)

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 pm
by Turstrigo
Eddie sipped his tea, when something came to his mind. "There's also one more thing I believe you should know about. On the night that girl was murdered, a madwoman had escaped from Maxell's Sanitarium. Name's Catherine Exeter, me and Archie heard about her when we delivered the German to the police. She's been locked up for attempted murder for a decade now. Given the current situation, this woman is either in danger or a danger herself.
Spoiler:
I presume Eddie will have to leave for a patrol soon, correct?

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:14 pm
by jp1885
Eugene flinches at the mention of Catherine Exeter's name.
"Oh I know all about her - she's one of the witches that did this to me and summoned that creature!"

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, you will be going back out there soon, but feel free to keep talking until I can advance the other thread.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 pm
by Turstrigo
She is with them? Bloody 'ell... The Steadmans must've gotten her out to launch this nightmare, do you happen to know how big is her role in it? Eddie sat down in a pew, before continuing. At least now we have something to start with, harboring a fugitive will certainly get the coppers' attention.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:29 pm
by jp1885
"From what I could tell, she's the one on charge. Mrs. Steadman is her daughter and they're both nasty pieces of work!"

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:28 pm
by Thorn
Brook nodded. "Yep, she's definitely part of this. Just like before, years ago. The woman's bad news. But if she's already wanted by thepolice, then we just need to tell them she's hiding in the warehouse, and that she' armed and dangerous."

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:56 pm
by jp1885
Eugene slapped his forehead.

"Of course! I'd forgotten that she was already a fugitive! Well, I've been through a lot recently." He added by way of explanation.

"Eddie, the police will trust you more than they would a young girl and a dodgy looking geezer. Could you contact someone when it's safe enough?"

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:51 pm
by Turstrigo
Will do, although I think it'd be a good idea if you came along. After all, you know more than I do and the police would likely still prefer eyewitness account.

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:41 pm
by jp1885
Eugene shuddered at the thought of going back out into the dark, but nodded anyway.
"If you think it'll help I'll come along. Do we have to wait for the all-clear though?"

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:59 pm
by Thorn
Brook frowned. "Do you need me to come along? Shouldn't we wait for the others? Story might have some ideas about what to do."

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 pm
by Turstrigo
Eddie thought for a moment before speaking. Hmm, You're right. I could also come back to get you once my shift is done.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 pm
by jp1885
"I'm still happy to tag along."
Eugene said to Eddie.

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:33 pm
by Turstrigo
"I'm glad to hear that. By the way, do you happen to know how's the rest doing? The last time I saw them was at the crime scene."

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:41 pm
by jp1885
Eugene shook his head.

"I think they were taking a look around the Steadman's house while I followed them to that warehouse. I haven't seen them since."

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:50 pm
by Thorn
Brook nodded. "Yes, they were at the Steadmans.I guess they're sheltering somewhere now, with the air raid going on."

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:52 am
by Turstrigo
Eddie frowned. "God, I hope they didn't get trapped anywhere near those bastards."

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:33 pm
by jp1885
"You'd better pray that they don't run into them, that's for sure!"

Eugene shuddered, then taking a deep breath, he forced himself to leave the comforting pool of lght he had huddled under.

"If you think it's safe Eddie, shall we go out and look for someone to report the Steadmans to?"

He turned to Brook.

"That's assuming you're happy to be left alone miss. I suppose the good reverend is around here somewhere."

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:13 pm
by Thorn
Brook nodded. "I should wait for the others...tell them what happened. Make sure you both carry flashlights, okay?"

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Eddie[/b] presumably has a hooded torch. While it isn't listed on his character sheet, it would be standard issue for an air raid warden. [b]Eugene[/b] doesn't have one. [b]Brook[/b] has one without a hood, which she could lend to [b]Eugene[/b].

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:33 pm
by jp1885
Eugene patted his pockets and smiled apologetically.

"I don't have a torch unfortunately. Do you have one I could borrow miss?"

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am
by Thorn
Brook handed him her flashlight. "Sure. Good luck out there. Be careful."

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 pm
by Turstrigo
Eddie quickly checked his torch to make sure it works."You take care as well, miss." He then turned to Giles. "Do you have any other source of light in case of a power outage?"

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:35 am
by Mr. Handy
"There are candles," said Giles. "This is a church, after all. We'll be fine here. I worry more for the two of you, going out there. I shall say a prayer for you."
OOC,[b]Eugene[/b], please roll POW x 5 to see if you can bring yourself to go out into the blackout in spite of your phobia, even with a torch. You do have one now, but you aren't allowed to have it lit out there. [b]Eddie[/b] might not turn you in, but other air raid wardens wouldn't overlook it, especially as your torch isn't hooded.

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:31 am
by jp1885
POW 9x5,[dice]0[/dice]
Eugene thanked Brook and took the torch with shaking hands. Suddenly the import of what he was about to do hit him - he was going out into the accursed dark; oppressive, evil and menacing dark.

He swallowed deeply. The horror that the Steadmans had brought into the world needed to be vanquished - fear or no fear, dark or no dark.

He smiled grimly at Eddie.

"Quick; lead the way before I lose my nerve!"

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Eugene followed Eddie up the stairs.
OOC,[b]Eddie[/b] and [b]Eugene[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Terror By Night
OOC,[b]Brook[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Shelter