Part 3A - Die Söhne von Meyernick (Alex)

Welcome to Weimar Berlin, where a heady stew of occultism, art, politics, and decadence barely covers the scars of the Great War and desperate poverty that followed - and where the veil between the waking world and the Dreamlands is wearing thin.

Year 1926.

Moderator: SunlessNick

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Part 3A - Die Söhne von Meyernick (Alex)

Post by Philulhu »

”And you, where are you from?” Alex asked the man.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

"Istanbul," he replies. "That's where I'm sleeping now."

"What are the others doing?" Elsie asks suddenly. "Why haven't they followed us too?"
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC, I think Alex would like the answer to that last question before he decides on his next course of action.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

"The Son left it to us," the Turkish man says.

"You're lying," Elsie says. "There's another way down isn't there - they're looking to blindside us. We should go."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Alex stepped back, keeping the gun pointed at Jürgen. ’Leave us alone and you won’t have any bother but if I see either of you or any of your little gang of religious fanatics, I won’t hesitate to shoot.”

He turned and said, ”Let’s go!’ to Elsie, quickly making his way down the stairs. As they reached the ground floor, he carefully checked the entrance lobby for any Sons of Meyernick, before checking again through the main door.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

The entrance and street are clear. If Elsie was right about what the others were doing, it seems they were too slow.

It's still Hlanith's equivalent of daylight - perhaps more so, since the streaks across the sky are not merely brighter, but have a acquired a more golden hue more like that of the real Sun. A great many people are out now, though most are intent on their own business, acknowledging neither you and Elsie nor each other.

The tangled nature of the backstreets let you put enough corners between you and the Son's tenement for it to be hard for anyone to follow you.

As if fleeing from their plans for the Dreamlands is somehow parallel to fleeing the Dreamlands yourself, you find yourself awake in your bed back in your apartment, without any sense of jarring change of perception.

On to part 4!

Return to “Berlin: The Wicked City”