Part 2 - Silberne Träume

Welcome to Weimar Berlin, where a heady stew of occultism, art, politics, and decadence barely covers the scars of the Great War and desperate poverty that followed - and where the veil between the waking world and the Dreamlands is wearing thin.

Year 1926.

Moderator: SunlessNick

SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Re: Part 2 - Silberne Träume

Post by SunlessNick »

Alex and Elsie's inspection of the cars is interrupted by an eruption of raised voices from further down the street. A crowd seems to be gathering outside a large, ornate building.
OOC,Making Listen rolls: Alex: 01! Elise: 05
It's hard to make out the overlapping voices, but you can tell the commotion is about someone called "Meyernick." Alex can also pick out the voices of the artist from Cafe Braun who painted the picture of Hlanith, as well as the one who argued for New Objectivity.

A few people emerge from the cabaret to stare up the street at the din. One man makes hurriedly for one of the cars, the one painted like bird plumage, and clambers into it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll deduct 40 points each from Drive Auto and Firearms(Handgun), and I'll add 35 points to Swim (for a total of 55%) and 45 points to Survival (for a total of 55%).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”Something’s happening!” said Alex. “Let’s go take a closer look!’

Leading Elsie by the arm, he approached the two artists. “‘Abend,” he said as they got nearer. “What’s going on?”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Karl nudges Max's arm.

"Have you noticed that they never use names?" he whispers. "They never address each other. And they've never introduced themselves, nor asked our names. Pretty unusual, no?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I hadn't noticed that," says Max, "but now that you mention it, it is odd. I think I've even been doing it myself while I'm here. Is it just the Dotherites, or did the people of Hlanith act the same way?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

Mr. Handy wrote:
OOC,I'll deduct 40 points each from Drive Auto and Firearms(Handgun), and I'll add 35 points to Swim (for a total of 55%) and 45 points to Survival (for a total of 55%).
OOC,Ok.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper

Post by SunlessNick »

My original plan was to have the journey to Kadatheron and events in Hlanith happen sequentially, but since Alex chose not to go to Kadatheron, they're happening at once. So to make following the two plots easier, I've elected to split it into two threads until the next time you're reunited in Berlin.

Return to “Berlin: The Wicked City”