Page 1 of 1

The treasure house of Jaizin Kaa

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:30 pm
by kabukiman
New adventure!

Re: The treasure huse of Jaizin Kaa

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 pm
by kabukiman
You are in Zamora, in the cheapest and dirtiest inn of the city "The belly", full of smoke and the smell of rotten food. Actually,it's not even an in: it's a tavern and everyone sleeps at nigth in the main room. The place is full of people: beggars, slaves, drunks, whores and thieves. The owner is in his late 60's with a big moustache. You are preparing to ask for some bread when the door opens:immediaty everyone shut up and try to pretend doing someting else and some do a supersticious sign against the bad luck. The newcomer is obviously a stygian: dressed with a big mantle in bright colors, he is middle aged, thin, dark features, shaved head with a strange frozen smile. He take a big look at everyone in the tavern and his eyes get widen when he sees you. He walks in your direction, sits and everyone seems relieved.

"Waiter, serve me you finest wine and your cheapest ale to them, I'l pay."

Re: The treasure huse of Jaizin Kaa

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:54 am
by Mr. Handy

"A man after my own heart," says Servius with a grin. "I've never turned down a free drink, no matter how cheap."

Re: The treasure house of Jaizin Kaa

Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 pm
by aine
Tuya swats at herself. “This place is flea ridden.” She complains. She glares at the newcomer.
“What is a man like that doing in a place like this?” She whispers to Servius.

Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

"My guess is he has a job he wants done," whispers Servius, "and he has the dosh to pay us for it. Me, I can do a job of work, and I do like dosh."

Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:13 pm
by aine
“What’s worrying is that everyone else is so relieved he picked on us.” Tuya looks up to see if there is a big ‘Suckers Here’ sign over their heads.

Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:26 pm
by Mr. Handy

"No doubt it's dangerous," says Servius. "If it weren't, he could just have done it himself."

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 am
by kabukiman
As soon as the waiter apears, the stygian pays with silver. He drinks just a little then says:
"My name is Ankh. I am a practicer of the arcane of a certain renowm. Recently a certain event have come to my attention and I need some help to solve a situation. For If you agreed to help me, you will be very well paid by your troubles."

Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:46 pm
by aine
Tuya glances at Servius, “We’ll be wanting payment up front. We’ve got equipment to buy.” She says to Ankh.

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius nods, pleased that Tuya is a quick study. "And how well paid?" he adds.

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:42 pm
by kabukiman
Hs eyes turn cold and he seems impatient
"Very well, I'l pay in advance to buy equipment, but I'l subtract from your total fee. I was thinking to pay you 20 gold each.What kind of equipment you need?"

OOC: Just tell me what you need and I'l make the math. The game have some strange rules: paying your upkeep is usually cheap (an in with food and ale for a month may cost 1 gold at minimum depending the quality, but a knife may cost also 1 gold. So, 20 gold is a lot, if you are spending in a tavern... but it isn't if you are buying other stuff.

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC, We're going to need horses, for starters. I'd also like to get some thieves' tools. How much would those cost?

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:44 am
by kabukiman
OOC: A kit of tools from thieves costs 8 gold, you only need 1. About horses, you still have the ones you bring from the picts.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC, Okay, I'll take the tools for 8 gold. The only other things I can think of that I might need are a lantern, a rope, a grappling hook, and extra crossbow bolts.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:00 pm
by aine
ooc, A full quiver of arrows! And a bigger knife/machete. Fire lighting tool, 3 torches, 50’ rope, 3 flasks oil, a weeks’ provisions for us both,something for healing; either potions or a first aid kit. I’ll pass on the 10’ pole ;)

Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:16 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: So about 10 gold.

Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC, That leaves us 2 gold in change as spending money, so one for each of us.

Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 am
by kabukiman
After you discuss the monbey, he asks you:
"it means you accept the deal and I can actually tell you what you are supposed to do?"- he says with sarcasm.

Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:34 pm
by aine
Tuya looks at Servius.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"That depends on what it is you want us to do," says Servius. "First, tell us what it is, and then we'll let you know whether we accept."

Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 pm
by kabukiman
"It came to my attention that Jaizin Kaa has buy a ring recently. A magical ring. But for some strange reason, instead of using it, he have guarded it in his treasure room. I need you to assault Jaizin house and steal it. Maybe he doesn't know the power it contains, maybe he want to use it latter, but the oportunity is to good to be wasted"

OOC All make a lore roll.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Something about the name sounds familiar to Servius. "I see. How much are you offering for the ring?" he asks.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:33 pm
by aine
Lore, 13 roll: 16, 14
Tuya listens politely, while wondering what the magic might be.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:40 pm
by kabukiman
Jaizin is a rich merchan AND a sorcerer. There are rumours that he made his money by doing pacts with daemons. Every thief dreams with robing his hous (actually a tower in the middle of the city) but nobody has succeded.

"I'm paying you 20 gold each of you, that's what we have been bargaining remember?"

Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"I thought that was the down payment," says Servius. "Surely the ring is worth more than that, not to mention the risk involved in robbing the tower. You know quite well how difficult that is. That should carry a premium."

Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:13 am
by kabukiman
"As I said, it is a magic ring that it is what my informer told said, and it makes sense that Jaizin would adquire, but the reason to put it in the treasure room is strange. About the price: It has cost more than 200 gold, but I don't have that money or I would have buy it myself, instead of paying you. But for you, that it is an advantage: you can steal anything you want I'm sure it should be full of gold and precious gems. The ring came from the south, from my homeland, Stygia. I don't know what are his powers, but if it is indeed magical, I will give it good use. Or maybe it need some ancient enchantment to activate it and without that it will be just a bauble."

Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:16 pm
by aine
“In that case, for you to acquire the ring for just 60 pieces of gold will be a bargain!” Smiles Tuya.
“That will make it worth our while to bring you the ring rather than going to the bother of finding a higher bidder, don’t you think so, Servius?”

Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, obviously we were going to keep all of the other treasure anyway," says Servius. "But we could just do that on our own, so you're not really giving us the rest of the treasure. We could simply sell the ring afterwards if we weren't working for you when we did it. So it's up to you what you think it's worth to you."

Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:31 am
by kabukiman
"Except everyone failed, and I have an information about a way to enter that nobody knows. It has risks, but at least nobody has ever tried, so it may work".

Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:48 pm
by aine
“It does sound dangerous.” Says Tuya to Servius. “But maybe if we had some healing ointments and poison antidotes thrown into the deal then we could make it work.”

Posted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that sounds like a good deal," says Servius.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:25 am
by kabukiman
He seems annoyed but finally says:
"Fine, I'l give you some potions. But if you fail, and stay alive, you will own me big. Do we have a deal then?"

Posted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'm game if you are," says Servius to Tuya.

Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:20 pm
by aine
Tuya shrugs nonchalantly but inside she has butterflies.

Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:23 am
by kabukiman
"Everyone tried to enter in the house by the walls. Well, I have discovered that the is another way. There is a connection of the house with the sewers. I doubt it will be full of guards, even if Jaizin must have some defense included.

Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Is there a map of the sewers?" asks Servius.

Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:40 pm
by kabukiman
"There isn't a map. But something that is also useful: you see, the rigth passages to his house have marks. When you arrive at a crossroad, you must find the one with the marks and continue. There are several, so I hope you have very good eyes"

Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:51 pm
by aine
“What do the marks look like?” Asks Tuya, thinking that she’ll be due a new pair of boots after this.

Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius nods, as she had asked the question on his mind. He is already mentally spending the fortune he hopes to gain from this job.

Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 am
by kabukiman
"They are some kind of strange writing, build a long time ago, when then primitive builders of this city create the sewer system. Nobody knows what people was that"
He shows you some strange glyphs you never saw before and then resumes:
"This are just some examples, there are probably much more, and I don't guarantee you will see this ones, but it gives you an idea of how they look".

Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:48 pm
by aine
Tuya nods.
“And once we’re back outside, where will we find you? We don’t want to be wandering the streets burdened with all the treasure; we’ll get mugged.” Servius looks like he’s day-dreaming so she surreptitiously kicks him under the table.

Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius nods as he comes to his senses, his last thought a mental note to make sure his new fortress won't be accessible from the sewers.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:43 pm
by kabukiman
"Hum, good question. I'l rent one of houses that is near the sewers. You came here tomorrow, and someone will give you the information about the exact house,and I will stay there for a couple of days after you enter. If you don't show up after that, it means you are probably dead."

Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right, that sounds good to me," says Servius. "What do you know about Jaizin Kaa himself?"

Posted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:50 pm
by kabukiman
"That is interesting point. I never saw him and he never leave his place. He is a merchant, but besides an ocasional caravan, he doesn't seem to deal much in trade. He does have lot's of messengers who came and leave his house, usualy they seem beggars and shaddy characters.He manages to get magic objects and somehow his rivals and enemies seem to scared to face him for long"

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds like a shady character or two could try to infiltrate the house that way," says Servius. "Have any tried it before, and what happened to them?"

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:28 am
by kabukiman
"They enter and leave after a while. They are persons he already know. I tried to befriend a couple of them and described him: he is in late 50's, with a great beard, about 1,60 and he is zamoran."

Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:11 pm
by aine
“I wonder if he sleeps at night.” Says Tuya to herself. “And did they mention anything about guards or such like?”

Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who are these people you tried to befriend?" asks Salvius. "They would have knowledge of the interior."

Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:08 am
by kabukiman
"They didn't tell me much, and they weren't the kind of people I was thinking he would care for: some beggars and servants of other nobles. They didn't tell me anything useful: he received them in the hall in the tower. There are guards inside the wall, in the main gate, and a pair of them walk in the space between the the wall and the tower."

Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, that will help," says Servius. "Do you know who built the tower? The architect would surely have a lot more knowledge of the place."

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:30 pm
by kabukiman
"The tower is very old, as the people of this city is. There are legends that say that this tower is the only thing left from an old fortress of bygone times when the people of zamora had another name. Others that it was build as a place to escape against barbarians who attacked this place. Who knows the true? The most ancient records of this city speaks as if the tower has always existed."

Re: The treasure house of Jaizin Kaao

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:29 pm
by aine
“I suppose that is why it connects to the sewers: built on old ways and passages.
One last thing then, once we’ve followed the symbols and entered the tower, have you any idea where the ring is? Does he keep it in his bed room or in a treasure room? If we have to search the whole tower we’re bound to be seen.”
Mutters Tuya as she finishes her drink.

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Is it known how Jaizin Kaa came to take possession of the tower in the first place?" asks Servius. "Who owned it before?"

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:50 am
by kabukiman
"The tower was abandoned for a long time. They were rumors that the last owner had bee a wizard of ill repute and was killed by daemons and still haunted the place. But the reality is a bit different: the place belonged to the king and Jaizin simply paid the treasure, or I should say, he bribed someone."

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Do you know the source of his great wealth?" asks Servius.

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:05 am
by kabukiman
"No, but I'm sure it is no trade. At least for now. Unless he has earn a fortune when he was younger and he is living from that".

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:16 pm
by aine
“Maybe the tower connects to underground treasures of some sort. Or he uses the tunnels for smuggling. Either way, if his wealth is not legitimate I don’t feel so bad relieving him of some of it.” Says Tuya.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"Nor do I," says Servius, though he would have had no compunction about relieving him of his wealth anyway. "Thank you for the information. I'm sure it will be useful. Is there anything else you can think of to tell us that might help?"

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 am
by kabukiman
"Only the obvious: I'm pretty sure that most of the rumors are false, but somehow he managed to never been robbed, so be very careful".

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:22 pm
by aine
“We will just have to find out for ourselves. We will do our very best but please don’t expect us to kill ourselves to retrieve the ring for you.
Now, I’d like to get some sleep before shopping early tomorrow.” Says Tuya, looking pointedly at Servius.

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Right," says Servius, nodding.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:03 pm
by kabukiman
Ank pays and leave the place with two wenches.
Several hours latter the owner evicts several drunkards and gamblers (who don't have any more money) and the rest of the assembly starts sleeping in the floor.

OOC: If you want, we can skip the part of the market.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm good to skip to the market.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:39 pm
by aine
ooc,
Roger that.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:13 am
by kabukiman
You have spend the morning buying all the stuff that you needed.
The market is in one of the central streets near the palace of the king. The streets already narrow, are near impassable with the stapples and benches. All sort of products are sell: lotus from stygia, spices from Shem, girls from Bryttinia, exotic foods of unknow origin. Most of the crowd here is composed by rich people, their servants and simply curious people. At the end of the street, products that are more mundane are sold and it is in this part that ypu find what you want. The traders recognize you as foreigners without much money, so they don't haggle to much.
And somehow, as soon as you returned to the tavern, a kid was there with a bag. When you open, you see that they contain several potions and ointments with a note:
"The potions are against the poison of snakes: if you are bitten, take one immediatly and drink a lot of water. The ointments are to help flesh wounds. Now, do your job!".

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"Now that we're suitably equipped," says Servius, "let's find that sewer entrance."

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:50 am
by kabukiman
The Treasure House is surrounded by the endless flurries of life and activity which all conurbations abound in; this includes, of course, the inevitable effluvia. The city has extensive sewers but they are hardly miracles of smooth-flowing engineering. Much of the air is stagnant and the aroma is potent.
You see the entrence to the sewers and it is dark inside.
Make a resistence test.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:11 pm
by aine
“Just a minute!” Tuya ducks back out of the alley and into the throng in the Main Street. She’s back within 3 minutes with 2 clothes pegs. Handing one to Servius, she puts the other on her nose.
“Mub bebber!” She squeaks.
6, roll: 1,9

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thags," says Servius after he puts the clothespin on his nose. "I cad hardly sbell a thig dow."

Resistance roll (11):
2d20

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:16 pm
by kabukiman
The smell is awfull, but at least you are not affected by it.

OOC: Are you using torchs?

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:05 pm
by aine
If it’s too dark to see normally we’ll have to use torches. Unless Servius has a light spell or can see in the dark.

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:02 pm
by Mr. Handy
I have no such abilities. I think it would be preferable to use lanterns in the sewers rather than torches, in case gases ignite open flames. But if we cannot get lanterns, torches will have to do.

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:14 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Ok, I assume, you have buy lanterns in all that equipement.
You advance in the tunnels. It's dark, the smell is awful, and it seems to never finish. Until you find a split.
Make an observation roll.

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:50 pm
by aine
Tuya holds her lantern up and examines the walls.
“Can you see any of those markings he mentioned?”
13. Roll: 3,16

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"I can't see anything, even with the lanterns," says Servius.

Observation roll (10):
2d20

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:26 am
by kabukiman
You walk for a while in the tunnels without finding anything; they all seem the same.
Make a new resistance roll and a new observation roll.

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:27 pm
by aine
6. Roll: 14, 17

13 roll: 1, 20. Do they cancel each other out?!

“I’m trying not to think what we’re wading in.” Mutters Tuya, “Every so often I step on something squishy.”

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"Probably just as well you can't see it," says Servius, whose eyes have started to adjust to the darkness. He withstands the horrid smells, being made of stern stuff.

Resistance roll (11):
2d20
Observation roll (10):
2d20

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:40 am
by kabukiman
OOC: No, the 20 don't negates the 1, it only gives a nasty effect...

You both suddenly found the marks, that you were looking for and you ask how did you miss them... until Tuya looks closely and sees that it is covered in a red substance that is blood.
You find the entrance to the tunnel and leave the sewers. and have suddenly a much easier time of things. The tunnel is long, straight, and, beyond the first twenty or so feet, mercifully free of aggregated feces. You can breath normaly now.

Make another observation test.

OOC: No, the 20 don't negates the 1, it only gives a nasty effect...
Tuya, you suffer 1 point of mental shock and loose 1 point of resolve.

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius's night vision is still keen.

Observation roll (10):
2d20

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:56 pm
by kabukiman
Servius senses an unusual scent: musky and slightly acrid. The further you advancehead into the tunnel, the more potent the scent becomes, and then the sounds begin. They are strange, slithering sounds, something like a snake’s writhing on stone and something like the slap of fish on the deck of the ship that lands it.

Make another observation test.

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:43 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius is still very observant.

Observation roll (10):
2d20

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:25 pm
by aine
Observation=13 roll:16,11
“I’m beginning to think this wasn’t such a good idea.” Tuya mutters. “Do you think there are snakes here?”

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:45 pm
by kabukiman
The smell is more intense. you see yellow of bones in small neat piles on the fringes of the tunnel. They are coated in a strange slime, the source of the acrid smell. It is quite clear that they are not placed ritually — there is no obvious order to them. They are, however, all human.

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:02 pm
by aine
“Holy Cripes!” Whispers Tuya. “What kind of beast would do that?”

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:35 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I don't know," says Servius, "but I hope we don't meet it. Let's search the remains. Maybe they had something of value on them."

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:50 pm
by aine
“You can rummage through some mouldy old bones if you wish, I’ll keep watch in case whatever-it-is comes along.”
Tuya puts the lantern down and gets her bow ready. She peers nervously into the dark tunnels.

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:14 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy: Make an insight test.

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius is always aware where potential loot is concerned.

Insight roll (9):
2d20

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:17 pm
by kabukiman
When you bring your hand, you suddenly recoil: there is some very unnatural in that slime, something that is not from this world that brings you sweat and fear.

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:44 pm
by Mr. Handy

"On second thought," says Servius, backing away from the unnatural slime, "and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think whatever they may have had is worth touching that slime and possibly meeting the same fate. There will be plenty of wealth inside the tower. In fact, I doubt we'll be able to carry it all."

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:08 pm
by aine
“Ur yes, let’s find treasure that doesn’t need a wash first.” Tuya nods at the bones, “It’s the way they are all stacked up; it’s unnatural. Come on, let’s go this way.”

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:26 am
by kabukiman
After a while, the air in the tunnel becomes suddenly, quite noticeably, warmer; the acrid scent which was evident before has also increased in strength and there is a sound like a barnacle being ripped from a ship’s hull only louder. You see... something. The darkness disgorges a seething mass
The creature is large, about eight feet tall and broad. It is roughly anthropoid in shape, though its head is a curved, tongue-like proboscis which writhes and laps at the air. It does not have any limbs precisely, only vestigial stumps which bulge from beneath translucent flesh, the surface of which ripples with putrescent life. The creature’s skin forms itself into an endless succession of mouths which gnash at the air in paroxysms of desperate hunger.

OOC: Make a Discipline test (need 4 successes to pass. you can use use doom dices, if you fail, suffer 2 mental damage- kind of like loosing sanity).

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"I think we'd be doing it a favor if we slew it," says Servius, drawing his sword as he trembles in terror.

Discipline test (7):
2d20
I'm not using doom dice. It would take too many to have a chance at success.

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:23 pm
by aine
Disipline 9 rolls: 11 14 20 (whoops) I guess that’s a fail then.

“Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhj”

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:23 am
by kabukiman
Tuya is transfixed. She can only look at the monstruous black mass (1 turn).
Servius see his companion frozen and must attack the creature alone... for now.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius slashes at the beast with all his might, spurred on by fear.

Melee test (15) attacking the monster with the longsword:
2d20
Damage from longsword:
5d6

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:53 am
by kabukiman
It's now the monster turn.
The creature hisses what must be rage and fury and you see a black liquid pouring from a wound. It immediatly attacks you.

OOC: a rule about your weapon:
Parry: This weapon is extremely effective at deflecting other attacks. When wielding one or more weapons with this Quality (parry), the
Doom cost of making a Defend or Protect Reaction with the Parry skill is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 0.
In other words, you can use doom dice or momentum to buy parry (as normal), and since you had 5's and 6's in a weapon with this quality, the normal cost of doom dices is reduced to zero (I don't get any doom dice to my pool). So all you have to do is roll parry.

Monster attack (brawn 14):

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:54 am
by kabukiman
And also: You got one momentum dice.

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy
How many free doom dice do I get to roll without giving you any?

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:53 pm
by kabukiman
OOC:2

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:05 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius easily deflects the monster's attack with his sword.

Parry test (14, two free dice) parrying the monster with the longsword:
4d20

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:00 pm
by aine
“Urrrrk!” Says Tuya.
Let me know when she can act.

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You can now both act.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius spins around after deflecting the blow, slicing his blade deep into the monster!

2d20
Damage to monster from longsword:
5d6

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:02 pm
by aine
Tuya shakes herself free of her fear, pulls out an arrow and shoots it towards the slobbering thing.
ranged 11. Rolls: 6,7 damage 3d6: 14

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 pm
by kabukiman
Servius sees the creature loosing more dark liquid and an arrow hitting the creature.
She attaks again Servius with a tentacle.

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:08 pm
by kabukiman
OOC You can again buy 2 doom dices to parry.

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Are the doom dice free again?

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:52 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius expertly parries the attack.

Parry test (14) parrying the monster with the longsword:
4d20

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:19 am
by kabukiman
Your turn again.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius again effortlessly ripostes, damaging the monster even further.

2d20
Damage from longsword:
5d6

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:17 pm
by aine
11 roll: 1 and 5. Damage 2,5,3

And Tuya takes careful aim and shoots a splendid arrow with deadly accuracy.

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:23 am
by kabukiman
And... the creature seems to loose the apetite and starts going away.

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:59 pm
by aine
“Let’s go before it changes it’s mind.” Urges Tuya.

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Agreed," says Servius. He wipes off and sheathes his sword, then reloads his crossbow and proceeds with it in his right hand and his lantern in his left.

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:46 am
by kabukiman
You resume the advance. You see quickly an illuminated point quite brightly compared to the rest of the tunnel so far. This is the bottom of what seem to be an old well.

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:16 pm
by aine
“Do you think this is the way into tgg grrr e compound?” Whispers Tuya, “Only I can’t see any special markings on the wall.”

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's look around for them," says Servius, inspecting the walls in the new light. "If it is up the well, the rope and grappling hook will get us up there."

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:24 pm
by aine
Tuya also starts scanning the walls.
Observation 13 roll: 18, 10

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:10 am
by kabukiman
You will need to cast a rope to get up (need 2 sucesses in coordination) or you can try to make a free climbing (need 3 sucesses in athletics).

OOC: Remember you can use 3 dices of momentum to increase your chances. If you don't use them now, you will loose them in the next scene.

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius winds up and hurls the grappling hook, barely snagging it at the top of the shaft. "I'll go up first," he says. "Then you can tie the end of the rope around your waist, and I'll haul you up."

Coordination roll (11, 2 momentum dice spent):
4d20

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:34 am
by kabukiman
Servius is climbing, when he twist his ankle; he manages to control the pain and continue the ascent.

OOC: with two 20's, I decide he has a -1 penalty in brawn.
Tuya just need 1 success to climb.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:35 pm
by aine
Tuya struggles somewhat.
Athletics 8, roll: 12, 12, 9, 16

“I’m not much of a gymnast.” She grumbled.

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:04 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Well, Servius can help you and also roll his athletics. You can each one roll 2 dices.

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:15 pm
by aine
With a bit of help, Tuya finally Gail’s herself up the well.
7 roll: 3, 13

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius hoists Tuya up from the well.

I suppose I don't need to roll since she succeeded. How long does the penalty last?

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:23 am
by kabukiman
OOC: For this scene, until you find your next "obstacle"(I'l tell you when).

You are outside the well. You see the treasure house about 10 meters. There are two guards in front of it, that seem bored.
Make an observation roll or thievery

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:10 pm
by aine
Tuya brushes herself off, whispering thanks and then scans the area carefully.
Observation 13 roll: 2,3

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius keeps to the shadows so the guards don't see him, making sure his light is doused.

Thievery roll (11) outside the treasure house:
2d20

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:08 am
by kabukiman
You see that the door to the house is sligthly open... but there is the problem of having the 2 guard.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Shall we kill them?" whispers Servius to Tuya. "I can take down the one on the left with my crossbow, and you can use your bow on the other one."

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:49 pm
by aine
“I can’t see any other way.” Whispers Tuya. And she draws her bow.
Bow 11 roll: 11, 1 damage: 6,3,6

Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy

From his hiding place in the shadows, Servius fires his crossbow at his target. The bolt connects with deadly accuracy.

Ranged Weapons roll(12):
2d20
Damage to guard:
4d6

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:05 pm
by kabukiman
The guards are hit and fall without a sound. The path seems empty now.

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

After reloading the crossbow, Servius drags the bodies into the shadows and then searches them. He also checks to see if either of their outfits are in his size. A disguise could be useful.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:34 pm
by aine
Tuya keeps a look out. She sees what Servius is doing and wrinkles her nose.
“Rather you than me; they smell almost as bad as the sewer. They probably have lice too. Or they would have if they had hair.”

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:59 pm
by kabukiman
They have several keys and one have cloths that fit Servius.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"These will be faster than picking locks or smashing them," says Servius, taking the keys. "This outfit will make a good disguise for me. I don't think the other guy's clothes will fit you, so you can either try not to be seen or pretend to be my prisoner."

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:16 pm
by aine
“I’m not much at sculking about so I’ll be a prisoner.” Tuya hands Servius her bow but keeps her dagger hidden.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"Right, let's try those keys on the door," says Servius once he changes into his disguise in the shadows. He shoulders the bow and straps the quiver to his back.

Did the guards have any weapons?

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:50 am
by kabukiman
You are both ready, and there is no obstacle to the door now.

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:01 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius tries the keys on the door's lock, hoping to find one that fits.

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:19 pm
by kabukiman
After a while, you find the correct key. You open the door and it makes some noise when you are opening it. You see a long corridor decorated with statues painted with rich colors; there are some candles and wth the wind, the flames are dancing and shadows of the statues seem to be moving...
At the end of the corridor,you can follow to the right or left.

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius makes sure to close and lock the door behind them, so that nothing will look out of place from outside other than the fact that the guards are not at their posts. He peeks down the corridors, and if they look the same, he will quietly suggest they take the right branch.

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:56 pm
by aine
Tuya nods and follows Servius down and along the corridor. She gives the statues a good look over as she passes them.

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 am
by kabukiman
The right corridor has a rich tapestry functioning as a kind d of door. It is full of a strange geometric design (a kind of star inside a circle). After it, you see the corridor and in the middle a small statue (20 cm) in a pedestal. The statue is made of... gold?

OOC: Roll thievery,

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy

While tempted to grab the valuable statue, Servius remembers to check for traps first.

Thievery roll (11) about the statue on the pedestal:
2d20

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:56 pm
by aine
Thievery 11 roll: 18,11

“It looks heavy, might it be too much to carry now?”
Tuya whispers but she thinks it does look valuable.

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:37 am
by kabukiman
Servius sees that there is a silk rope in the ground that is ttached to the base of the statue; if he moves the statue it would probably set an alarm.

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Don't touch it," whispers Servius. "It'll set off an alarm. Maybe we can grab it on the way out, if our presence has already been revealed. Let's keep going."

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:47 pm
by aine
“Eagle eyes!” Tuya exclaims and nods. She follows Servius.

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:41 pm
by kabukiman
You follow the corridor and it turns left. The walls are painted with the images of a strange city: huge towers that seem to reach the sky, impossibly thin and made of glass.

OOC: Make an awareness test.

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:51 pm
by aine
Tuya tries to look at everything.
“This is amazing; the city almost looks real it’s so well painted!” She whispers.
Observation 13 roll 8,10

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius nods, thinking that it's a shame that the walls are too big to steal.

Awareness roll (9) looking at the murals:
2d20

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:25 am
by kabukiman
With some attention you notice a small tower in stone in the painting that is dwarfed by the others, but it is very similar to the tower you are now...

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:26 pm
by Mr. Handy

"This is where we are now," says Servius, pointing to the tower in the painting as he studies it and the area around it.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:56 pm
by aine
Tuya takes a greater interest in the mural.
“Is this a map, do you think? She looks around for the treasure house.”

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:57 pm
by aine
Tuya takes a greater interest in the mural.
“Is this a map, do you think?” She looks around for the treasure house.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:16 pm
by Mr. Handy

"You can't see all the streets from this angle," says Servius, "but I do think it's an accurate representation of the city."

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:57 pm
by kabukiman
You continue looking at the painting, without being able to look anything else, such is the beauty of it.

OOC: Make a resolve roll.

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius can't look away from the painting.

Resolve roll (7) to resist the painting:
2d20

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:12 pm
by aine
“Come on, we haven’t got all night.” Tuya pulls at Servius’ arm. “You’re not cut out for an art critic.”
Resolve 8 roll: 5, 5

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:39 am
by kabukiman
Servius is recovering when Tuya hear some footsteps in thir direction... and a howl!

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:47 pm
by aine
“Quick someone or something is coming, let’s go! But act like a guard.” She adds as she leads away from the footsteps.

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Right, keep walking, prisoner," says Servius, snapping out of it. He holds his crossbow in his hand as he walks behind her.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:42 am
by kabukiman
Two guards appear with a hound. They stop when they see you.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius nods to the guards, marching his "prisoner" onward, only speaking if they address him.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:15 pm
by aine
Tuya keeps her eyes on the ground but watches the hound from the corners.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:24 am
by kabukiman
One of the guards says that "as soon as you finish to interrogate her and before taking her to the final room, to call them so they may have fun too."

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius nods again and smiles, then marches Tuya onward.

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:22 am
by kabukiman
The hound seems a bit suspicious of Tuya, but the guard says "don't damage her!". They follow to another corridor leaving you alone.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's keep going," says Servius once they are gone, lowering his voice. "Maybe we'll kill them on the way out, but we can't afford to do it now."

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:28 pm
by aine
“That sounded a bit ominous, ‘The final room.’” Tuya mutters, glad to away from the dog. “Am I to be a sacrifice do you think?”

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It wouldn't surprise me," says Servius. "Maybe the boss turns his victims into zombies or something too."

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:04 pm
by kabukiman
After a while, you see some stairs; one goes up, the other down.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"We should go up first," whispers Servius. "We came from below, and I think we've seen enough of that."

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:26 am
by aine
“Oh yes.” Tuya shudders remembering the loathsome tentacled beast.

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 am
by kabukiman
You start climbing the stairs. You don't hear a sound. You get at the end of the stairs. You only see a corridor... and a vault.

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"This must be the place," whispers Servius, inspecting the vault entrance for traps and for a way to open it.

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:26 pm
by kabukiman
When Servius try to speak, no sound leave his mouth...

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:15 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius nods, realizing that there's a magical silence effect in place to stop spellcasting. However, what is bad for a wizard is in this case good for a thief. He would rather not be heard while he's working. He continues his inspection of the vault.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:27 pm
by kabukiman
You see that the vault, is a huge metal door. Such a massive door must cost a fortune in itself. There are actual 2 locks.
To try to open them, you need one person to open each at the same time, and each player needs 2 success.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:42 pm
by aine
“That looks tricky.” Says Tuya. “I’ll follow your lead, Sensei.”

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
Against which skill do we have to roll? Is there any way we can get more dice other than taking doom dice? Can we wait until after we've rolled before deciding to add dice? Do any of the guards' keys that we took fit?

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:34 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Tuya: No talking, you are muted :)

Mr Handy you are rigth: thievery.

You can get extra rolls by spending fortune (1 fortune dice = 2 successes and you have 3 fortune dices each).

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:35 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius sets to work on one of the locks, hoping luck is with him.

Thievery roll (11) to pick one of the locks:
2d20
I'll have to spend a fortune die to get those two successes, as I only got one. Are those automatic successes, or do I have to roll two extra dice?

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:20 am
by kabukiman
OOC: automatic successs

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:09 pm
by Mr. Handy
Excellent, thank you. Then I'll spend a fortune die to get the two automatic successes.

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:28 pm
by aine
Ooc: Sorry! :)
Tuya doesn’t know the first thing about lock picking.
Skill: 3. Roll: 6, 16. So I too will use a fortune point please.

But she watches Servius very carefully and copies him exactly on the other lock at the same time.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:57 pm
by kabukiman
You are very nervous, but somehow you manage to coordinate, hear a "click" and the door opnes. It is dark inside, but you can smell... old paper?

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius lights his lantern and shines it into the vault.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:55 pm
by aine
Tuya casts a glance behind them to check the coast is clear and then she too looks into the vault, wrinkling her nose.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:21 pm
by kabukiman
It is a square room of 10 X 10 meters. You see 5 shelfs and tables with... papers. Full of them. They are catalogued with numbers.

At the end of the room, you see a door.

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius leaves the papers for now and examines the door at the other end of the room, checking for traps.

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:12 pm
by aine
Tuya picks up a paper to see if she can read it.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:55 pm
by kabukiman
Servius make a thievery roll.

Tuya, you find a letter in the Brythunian language. It is a blackmail letter to a noblewomen about an affair she had with a servant.
After several other letters in foreign languages, you find one in Hyperborean language: this one is another blackmail letter to a respectfully merchant who in his past had actually been a slave trader.

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius can't see anything unusual about the door. He goes back to look through the papers. "Information is the most valuable commodity there is," he says, nodding.

Thievery roll (11) examining the door:
2d20

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:21 pm
by aine
“Do you think this is how he makes all that money? By blackmailing people? It seems very widespread: Hyperborea and Brythunia these two.” Tuya holds up the letters.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"It wouldn't surprise me," says Servius, examining the letter. "I'm not sure how he gets all of this information, though I suspect magic may play a part. What we seek must lie on the other side of that door. I can't find any traps on it, but another set of eyes looking at it couldn't hurt."

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:22 pm
by aine
Tuya walks over to the door and looks carefully at it.
Thievery 3, roll:16,17

“I’ve no idea I’m afraid.”

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Then we'll just have to chance opening it," says Servius. "He probably wouldn't bother securing the inner door, seeing how tough the vault door is."

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:55 pm
by kabukiman
Well, all you have to do now, is open the door...

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"Stand back, just in case," says Servius, returning Tuya's bow and arrows to her. "Even if there are no traps, there may be a guardian within." Once she is far enough away, he holds his sword in his right hand and opens the door with his left.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:46 am
by aine
Tuya readies an arrow and aims through the open doorway as she tries to see beyond. She crosses her toes.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:27 pm
by kabukiman
And you see... quite a small room (4 meters X 4 meters). It has several objects in display in 2 tables: a parchement, a book, some statues of strange creatures, some jewels and a ring that seems what you are looking for.

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:44 am
by Mr. Handy

While Servius is tempted to snatch everything in sight, he knows better. He first examines the room, the tables, and the treasures carefully, looking for traps, signs of contact poison (though he is wearing gauntlets), and the like.

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:38 pm
by aine
Tuya remains in the doorway for now, keeping a good ear out for trouble. She watches the master at work.

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 am
by kabukiman
Servius: roll thievery.

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy

It looks safe to Servius, but Tuya might have a better idea.

Thievery roll (11) checking for traps:
2d20

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:31 pm
by aine
Tuya watches Servius as he prowls carefully about the exhibits. To her, it looks like he knows what he is doing. At least, she hopes he does.
Thievery 3. Roll: 15,9

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Your Thievery skill is 11, so that's a success.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am
by kabukiman
Tuya sees only one not well hidden trap, almost if it was made to be easily spoted..

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:18 pm
by aine
Thank you!

“Hold on, Servius, don’t walk another step. There’s a thin wire shining in the light right in front of you; you can only see it from this angle but it’s obvious once you know it’s there. Looks like a trap.” Tuya is squinting with one eye.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:55 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Well spotted," says Servius. Now that Tuya has pointed it out, it is easily avoided. "Well, this is what we came for, so let's get to looting. We'll just put everything on the display tables in a sack. We can divide it later, once we're out of here. Let's keep the ring separate. That one's for our client."

You're welcome!

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:35 am
by kabukiman
You have half your bags full when you hear someone entering the room: 4 guards and a men with rich robs. He is small, with a huge belly and a cruel smile.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? It was a long timne since anybody has arrived so far. Never to this room actually."

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:06 pm
by aine
“Er, we’re the cleaners?” Tuya suggested. She is still standing guard and has her bow ready. She flicks it suggestively at the fat man.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's right," says Servius, gripping his loaded crossbow. He knows to kill the wizard first if it comes to a fight. "We're just taking these treasures to be cleaned, is all."

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:35 am
by kabukiman
"Weel, if you are indeed very good I'l make you a proposition you won't refuse. After a small test. But indulge me, why did you come to this room and not the treasure room? Or you didn't know and you came here by mistake?"

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"No, this is where we meant to come," says Servius. "Let's hear your proposition."

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:12 pm
by kabukiman
"I pay you 100 gold each, you go to the nearest tavern and tell the the following story: you were members of a gang, you entered the wall and you almost died with several traps; you were ordered to stay near the wall to watch for any guards and the rest of the gang tried to enter the tower. The last thing you heard was the horrible screans of your companions and you run away, because you saw some horrible beast. Then you will leave this city as fast as you can as if you were too afraid and never return."

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Will you throw in some souvenirs from this room?" asks Servius.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:53 pm
by kabukiman
"You can as long as you don't try to sell it to a wizard. You see, none of those objects are magic, I only pretend they are so to get a more fearful reputation. If you sold to one, I would be a dead man. So do we have a deal?"

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:10 pm
by aine
Tuya could see that the man was very keen to maintain his fearsome reputation; but he was just a business man in short.
“We won’t sell anything to anyone but we would like some souvenirs after we’ve done the cleaning.”
She looks at Servius.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's a deal," says Servius. No sense in fighting when they can get what they want and make a tidy profit. "A pleasure doing business with you."

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:29 am
by kabukiman
"Very well. It was a pleasure. Just don't forget to make a panic face in the tavern".
He throws you 2 bags of coins.

The guards seem annoyed.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:59 pm
by aine
Tuya catches the bags and puts them in her pockets.
“Oh yes, I’m looking forward to winding up the patrons in the tavern.”

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"One of those bags is for me," says Servius. "But yes, that will be fun pretending to be terrified and scaring everyone else." He makes sure to keep the ring as one of souvenirs, and he picks out a few other treasures, most likely gems, that seem the most valuable.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:32 am
by kabukiman
Jaizin seems really satisfied. He waves and leaves with 3 guards. The last one will guide you back.
As soon as he leaves the room you hear him screaming, running in your direction with a horrified look, full of stabs and the guards chasing him.
Make both an observation roll.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:25 pm
by aine
“I thought that was too good to be true.” Tuya mutters.
Observation 13 roll: 9, 20 drat

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, I should've known it wouldn't be that easy," says Servius, readying his crossbow as he notices something.

Observation roll (10) when the guards ambush Jaizin:
2d20

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:45 am
by kabukiman
The guard near you is preparing to attack you.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:11 pm
by aine
bow: 11 roll: 3,8 3d6: 1,2,1
Tuya shifts her bow slightly, aiming at one of the nearest guards.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius points his crossbow at the guard preparing to attack them, or if he is already down, at whichever guard poses the greater threat, and shoots him.

Ranged Weapons roll (12) shooting at the guard:
2d20
Damage to guard from crossbow:
4d6

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:43 am
by kabukiman
You kill both guards that didn't expected your attack. The last turns and escape.
Jaizin colapse in the floor. in a pool of blood

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"I think it's time we got out of here," says Servius. "Let's grab what we can and run!"

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:49 pm
by aine
Tuya grabs the nearest bauble and shoves it on her pocket. Then she turns to run after Servius.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:38 am
by kabukiman
Epilogue

You run from the tower: you see that the doors are not guarded, the guards are busy pilaging what they can. You escape from the area to the city streets that are still empty. It is near dawn. You get your horses, go the nearest gate and as soon as they are open, you pass by the guards that don't pay you any attention. A few meters after you left the city, someone screams that Jaizin has been murdered and to forbid anyone to leave the city; you immediatly start riding as fast as you can, ignoring the orders from behind. After a while, you stop and confirm that your persecutors are left behind.

"Now what?"- asks Tuya
"We could go south to stygia. Since we are northerners, nobody would expect us to go to that direction and someone may be interested in the ring"- Says Servius.
"Well, I guess it could be worst. And we win all that money" she says touching one bag. "But before going to Stygia, we are going to the nearest town to get a proper bath and loose that stench from the sewer."