Page 1 of 1

The drums of doom

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:13 pm
by kabukiman
Night is falling on Conajahara, the territory between the Black and Thunder Rivers. You have each come here for reasons of your own — the lure of gold, wanderlust, or the challenge of life at the edge of civilization — but for now you are serving as scouts out of Fort Tuscelan, sent out to roam the forests along the Black River, hunting game and investigating reports of bands of Picts sighted along the far shore.
The hunting is good in this area, but few civilized folk venture there, and even fewer return. It has been a long and tiring day, made all the more wearisome by the distant, ceaseless murmur of drums from within the dark western woods. To your northwest is Fort Tuscelan, a woefully understaffed Aquilonian outpost. Its purpose is to protect the settlers of the Westermarck — an Aquilonian colony located between the Black and Thunder Rivers — territory wrested from the clutches of the savage Picts who now lurk across the Black River, plotting their revenge.
Throughout the region are settlers who dwell here in defiance of the Picts, lone farmsteads and small crofts, and you have been charged to protect them and to look in on them while on your patrols. It is time now to begin the long journey back home, toward the relative safety of the Thunder River, but in the gathering gloom, as shadows deepen in the primal forest, the drums change their tempo, becoming more aggressive, louder, echoing from far beyond the Black River. Soon the staccato drum-beat is joined with howls, angry whoops and Pict war-songs, growing ever closer…

Re: The drums of doom

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:17 pm
by kabukiman
OOC:Your characters know each others but not very well. You can speak a little before we start the action.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius peers off into the darkness toward the sounds of the Picts, taking out his crossbow and checking that it's loaded. "I hope they're not going to cross the Black River," he mutters. "I can't spend my loot if I'm dead."

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:27 pm
by aine
Tuya also takes her bow and strings it. Then she takes the hood off her falcon and releases the bird into the air. “She’ll be safer up there if there’s any trouble and it sounds like there might be. But we can’t hold off a pack of Picts by ourselves, do you think we ought to retreat quickly?”

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Not a bad idea," says Servius. "Let's pack up the camp and head to the fort to warn them. After all, they can't pay us if the Picts catch them by surprise and wipe them out."

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:21 pm
by aine
Tuya smiles wryly and turns towards the direction of the fort. “I hope we get there in time, they sound mighty close.”

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:35 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Please roll observation (don't forget any talent you may have).

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius is alert as always.
OOC,I don't know how Talents work, but Sentry sounds like it would help. I'd like to use it if I can, but I don't know how. Observation roll (10 skill): [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:48 am
by kabukiman
OOC. No, you cannot use it, because "You learned at a young age that the watchful eye subsists on little rest. So long as you have had a total of four hours of sleep within the last two days (either one four-hour stretch or multiple short rests), you suffer no penalties for sleep deprivation when making Observation tests."

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:36 pm
by aine
Observation,2/2/13 I have ‘sharp senses’ [dice]0[/dice]
Tuya scans the trees as they wind their way through them.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:46 am
by kabukiman
You notice some movement in a bush in your way. Very subtle and there is no wind... an animal maybe?

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:37 pm
by Raiko
Observation,I have awareness 13 and observation 2, so 15? I've forgotten the dice codes, so making separate rolls this time. [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] Well so much for being observant lol!
Not noticing anything yet, Mouse begins quickly gathering up the camp.
ooc,Sorry, had a bit of a rubbish couple of weeks in real life, I've not been online enough to read this thread until today. Should be okay now and for the next few weeks, so I should be able to keep up with every game. :) I'll fill in my background, etc, asap. I'll also generate myself a full character sheet.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 pm
by kabukiman
Raiko,no problem,the others have spoted something...

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:10 pm
by aine
Tuya holds up her hand in true hunter style and points towards the bush. She points her bow towards the bush.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius also has his crossbow pointed at the bush.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:17 am
by kabukiman
The movement seems to stop... and suddenly a group of 9 picts jumps from the bush, eyes full of fury and screaming!
Please,roll your bows/crossbow to see if you hit.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:11 pm
by aine
Bow,1/1/11 0 I think that’s a miss
Tuya lets fly at the nearest scowling frenzy.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius lets fly his bolt, immediately slinging his crossbow on his back and readying his sword and shield without waiting to see whether he hit or not - which he does.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12 skill): 0

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:35 pm
by kabukiman
Mr: Handy: roll 3d6.
And your team has now 1 momentum.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius's bolt does moderate damage to its target.
OOC,Crossbow bolt damage: 0

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:10 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr: Handy, the 1 and 6 makes 2 damage killing the pict (he doesn't have any armour) and the 6 trigger the effect volley: meaning you can shoot again, with an extra 1d20 (so 3d20), and if you hit, you make an extra 1 damage.

Aine: you can shoot again (the bow has that advantage), and you can use the extra 1d20 of the momentum if you want.

You all see one of the naked picts fall to the ground, dead with the bolt, but his companions ignore him and continue.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:09 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius manages to get a second shot off before the Picts get too close, striking another one square in the chest.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12 skill): 0 Damage to Pict from crossbow bolt (with +1 damage): 1

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:28 pm
by aine
Bow,1/1/11 0
Tuya aims at another pict. And curses.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:42 am
by kabukiman
Servius kill another pict who is hit in the chest.

OOC: 4 sucesses, means 3 momentum. No more actions.

Aine in this dark misses her shot; she was preparing to fire again, and she starts looking for any more arrows...
OOC: The 20 is a complication, so you can decide that you don't have any more arrows (and cannot fire more), OR you still have arrows, you can fire a last time and the GM gets two more doom dices. Your choice.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:58 pm
by Raiko
Mouse has no bow, but stops packing the camping gear and draws her shortsword as the Picts charge forward the group.

She edges nervously towards Servius.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:47 pm
by aine
That was Tuya’s last arrow; the rest having been used for hunting. She slides the bow onto her back and pulls out a knife.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius grips his sword and shield and prepares to meet what's left of the Pictish horde. He doesn't like the odds of seven against three, but at least they aren't as bad as nine against three. "I don't get paid enough for this," he mutters.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:58 pm
by kabukiman
One of the picts shout something to the others and attack alone Servius. He is much bigger than the others and have several feather in his hair and he is incredible fast, attacking first.
The others don't answer anything, but attack Tuya and Mouse, ignoring Servius.

I spend 1 doom dice, and transform one of the picts in a leader, who will figth Servius; then I spend another doom dice to give the pict leader the initiative .
The other 6 picts will divide themselves between Tuya and Mouse (3 for each).I resolve first the pict leader attack against Servius.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:22 pm
by kabukiman
The pict leader has hit Servius with 1 success, but with the "20" the ax is broken; Servius can declare a reaction, roll corrdination and parry and with a single success he will avoid to be hit (but with the reaction action, I will get another doom dice). If Servius doesn't want to defend, he will get hit and we can get to the next phase.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius blocks the shaft of the axe with his Valusian longsword and is satisfied to see the axe head chopped off of it. Now that leader has no ready weapon, Servius is confident that he can finish him off, which should demoralize the rest of his men.
OOC,Parry roll (14 skill) to deflect the attack: 0

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:01 pm
by kabukiman
Everyone can now can make 1 attack (agility + melee).You can use an extra dice from the momentum. You need at leats 1 sucess to hit.
A short sword makes 4d6 of damage.
A knife 3d6.
A longsword makes 5d6.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:24 pm
by aine
Tuya prepares to attack the nearest fiend,
Knife,1/1/9 0 1
But things didn’t go quite as she planned...

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius lands an excellent blow on the defenseless Pict leader.
OOC,Melee roll (15 skill) attacking the leader: 0 Damage to leader: 1

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:16 pm
by Raiko
ooc,Agility 9 + Melee 0 0 So I hit, but something went wrong? Shortsword Damage: 1
Mouse desperately thrusts her shortsword at the closest of the onrushing Picts.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:29 pm
by kabukiman
Servius with a single attack, cut the head of the leader, who started to fall with his eyes full of hate. Servius looked at his companions and and saw that things weren't going so well;
Tuya had hit one pict in the ribs, killing him, but somehow the knife was stuck. Mouse tried to imitate Servius, but the sword broke in the enemy neck (who died anyway, in a huge pool of blood).
Then the 4 surviving picts attacked Tuya and Mouse.

Enemies against Tuya

Picts against Mouse

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:31 pm
by kabukiman
Damage against Tuya:

Damage againstMouse

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:55 pm
by kabukiman
Tuya and Mouse are very well for now.

OOC: Tuya suffered a 1 and 5 (total damage: 2). No wounds
Mouse suffered 4 damage. If she suffers another point of damage she will reduce 1 point if vigor. When she looses all point of vigor, she will start suffering wounds. This game is very Pc friendly!

You can all attack now. You have 2 momentum dices. Tuya and Mouse are without weapons, so they cannot attack, but can try to find an improvise weapon (rolling awareness plus observation or spend the momentum dices to get it.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:17 pm
by Mr. Handy

With the leader fallen, Servius follows up his successful blow with another one, striking one of the Picts attacking Mouse.
OOC,Melee roll (15 skill) attacking a Pict: 0 Damage to Pict: 1 If I misunderstood and the leader is still up, I'll hit him again instead to finish him.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:38 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,he is dead, with 6 damage, you have cut his head. But diferent enemies, have different resistences

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:54 am
by Raiko
ooc,Mouse actually has two daggers as well as the ruined shortsword. I'll assume that I can make an attack, and correct later if I'm wrong.
Horrified that her trusty shortsword was ruined, Mouse draws a dagger from her belt...
Attack,Agility 9 + Melee 0 0 I'm not sure if I understood the momentum dice? But the first two dice were a success anyway. :)
...and screams as she jams it into the torso of one of her attackers.
Damage,Damage 3d6 I think: 1
A brute of a warrior had once told her that you can never have too many knives, it seems he was right about that.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 pm
by aine
Tuya winces as she is slightly sliced and then looks to grab her fallen pict’s weapon, be it spear or sharpened thigh bone...
Observation,2/2/13 01
Ooc,Edited thanks to Mr Handy :)

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:29 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think we always get at least 2d20 even without using momentum.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:05 pm
by kabukiman
Meanhile, two of the picts decide to concenrrate against Servius, that they recognize as a dangerous threat, leaving the resto of the group even.

Pict nº1 against Mouse

Pict nº 2 against Tuya

Picts nº 3 and 4 against Servius

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:07 pm
by kabukiman
Damage from pict nº1

Damage from pict nº2

Damage from pict nº3 and 4

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:13 pm
by kabukiman
Mouse and Servius are starting to feel a bit tired, but are fine otherwise; Tuya is fine.

OOC:
Please make your rolls. Everyone roll 2d20 to hit. You have 1 momentum to spend if you want.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:28 pm
by aine
Tuya grabs the weapon from a fallen pict and turns on a fresh pict as he leaps towards her.
weapon,1/1//9 0
“Take that you heathen!” She exclaims with a well aimed blow.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius swings at one of his attackers, barely connecting due to being winded.
OOC,I'll let one of the others use the momentum, as I'm less likely to need it. Melee roll (15 skill) attacking a Pict: 0 Damage to Pict: 1

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:44 pm
by kabukiman
Aine: you must roll the damage (4d6).

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:33 pm
by aine
Damage,0 sorry!

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am
by kabukiman
Raiko: I need that you make your attack and if suceeded, that you roll the damage.

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 pm
by Raiko
Still screaming, Mouse continues desperately stabbing the Pict warrior.
Sorry - Dice rolls,RL sucks - I meant to roll these days ago. :oops: Attack roll: Agility 9 + 0 Melee 0 Damage:3d6 1

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:02 pm
by kabukiman
The last pict look at his dead companions and without any hesitation decides to run in the direction opposite of the fort. Suddenly there is a silence in the woods and only the dead bodies show the carnage that just happened.

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:55 pm
by aine
“Phew, that could have gone worse.” Tuya retrieves her knife from a dead pict. She mutters a death prayer over the bodies.

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can't let him report back about us," says Servius, taking out his crossbow and reloading it so that he can shoot the fleeing Pict in the back.

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:39 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr Handy you can shoot.

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:04 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius lets fly his bolt.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12): 0 Is there any momentum left I can use?

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:23 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You can use 2. If you didn't you could use doom points

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:30 pm
by Mr. Handy

The bolt barely misses.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12), spending 2 momentum: 0 Oh, well. I missed. I'm not going to take doom dice for that.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:24 pm
by aine
“Never mind, we’d best get out of here.” Tuya picks up any usable arrows and whistles for her bird to return.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

"First, the best part of the battle," says Servius, searching the body of the leader first and then recovering any crossbow bolts that are still usable. "To the victors go the spoils! I see you've already made a start of it." He glances at the Pictish weapon she had snatched up after her own weapon had broken.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:25 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Servius don't any bolts more, just the ones he recovered from the bodies.

Where do you go now? To the north to warn the fort or east to warn the setllers?

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:20 pm
by aine
Tuya drops the pict weapon she had borrowed and retrieves her knife, wriggling it to unstick it from the dead pict. She wipes it on his hair.
“No, I don’t defile the dead by pilfering their belongings. They might need them for their journey to heaven. Now do we go to the fort, which will be safer, or should we warn the settlers first?”
Ooc,Does Tuya find any arrows? She has none.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:01 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think any of this lot are going to heaven," says Servius, rising from his fruitless search. "Bah, not so much as a groat! We need to warn the fort first. That's probably the Picts' first target. If they take it down, the settlers won't stand a chance anyway. The Aquilonian army is the only thing that can stop them."

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:26 am
by kabukiman
Tuya,you find 2 arrows
You start running in direction of the fort. not able to see more than a few meters with the vegetation. After a while, you hear the sound of water splashing : you are near Bramble creek, where is a bridge.

OOC: Make an observation test please.

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:18 pm
by aine
Tuya keeps a look out for brambles, Picts and other interesting objects.
Observation,2/2/13 0 Is my observation skill 13,15 or 17? I copied this 2/2/13 format from the pdf but don’t actually know what it means. Sorry!

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:45 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: 2/2/13: it means you have 11 in awareness (characteristic), plus 2 in observation (skill) the total is 13. They repeat "2/2", because one of them is a special number that "sometimes" is different from the other. You passed the rest.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius is wary of a possible ambush, but he can't see anything out of the ordinary.
OOC,Observation roll (10 skill) at the bridge: 0

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:52 pm
by kabukiman
When you arrive at the end of the wood, you see that several meters away, there is the bridge... with 5 picts. One is a sentry and the others are trying to cut the ropes (it's an hanging bridge). If they cut it, it is still possible to pass the river by swiming but it will take much more time.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius takes cover behind a tree and takes out his crossbow, taking aim at the sentry. "We've got to stop them wrecking the bridge," he whispers. "I'll take out the sentry."

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:18 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Servius can shoot, just need 1 sucess. Taking time to aim and shoot gives an extra dice, so you can use 3d20.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius fires his bolt at the sentry, and it finds its mark.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12 skill) shooting at the sentry: 0 Damage to sentry from crossbow bolt: 1

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:48 pm
by aine
Tuya will do the same but aiming one of her two arrows at the pict cutting the rope.
Bow,1/1/1101

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:43 am
by kabukiman
You kill 2, the other 3 look surprised. And 3 immediately charge and the last one continues his job. The ropes won't be able to stand for long.
You can shot again, but it's your last arrow.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:05 pm
by aine
Tuya takes her last arrow and time to aim carefully at the pict sawing at the supporting rope.
Bow,11 0 1
The arrow flies...

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius quickly reloads and fires again at the Pict cutting the rope, unless Tuya's arrow takes him out first, in which case he shoots at one of the others. The bolt strikes its target.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12 skill) shooting at the guy cutting the rope: 0 Damage from crossbow bolt: 1

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:58 pm
by kabukiman
Two picts attack you and the last one try to finish the ropes...

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius slings the crossbow across his back, draws his Valusian longsword, and engages one of the Picts in combat.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:21 pm
by aine
Ooc,Did Tuya finish off the second rope-pict too with her last arrow?
Tuya drops her bow now and prepares to defend herself with her knife.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:31 pm
by kabukiman
aine wrote:
Ooc,Did Tuya finish off the second rope-pict too with her last arrow?
Tuya drops her bow now and prepares to defend herself with her knife.
Tuya,No, she didn't kill them

Please, roll to hit and if you hit them, roll the damage. You can spend each of you a last time a momentum die for now (unless you earn more or ask for doom die)..

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:03 pm
by aine
Tuya lunges with her knife,
“One of us should run and stop that pict on the bridge!” She knows she’s not very fast herself though so she stays to battle the two Picts.
Knife,11012

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:00 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll go for him," says Servius, charging the Pict at the bridge, though if one of the other two intercepts him, he'll have to swing at that one instead. Still, those two Picts couldn't block all three of them from getting to the one at the bridge.
OOC,Melee roll (15 skill) attacking the Pict: 0 Using 1 momentum: 1 Damage roll: 2

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:59 pm
by kabukiman
The pict was preparing to make the last cut, when Servius with a single hit cut his head and hands. Tuya finished the other pict who was already wounded.
Only one pict remain who is attacking Mouse.

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Is this a new round?

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:57 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,no same round, this is a pict attacking raiko character

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:54 pm
by aine
Tuya pulls her knife out of the wounded pict and watches with admiration as Sergius charge across the bridge like an unstoppable behemoth to finish off the Pict.
She then turns to help Mouse if possible.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:09 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Raiko isn't answering, so Tuya, you can "take care" of the last pict...

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:21 pm
by aine
Tuya leaps on the pict from behind as he goes for mouse,
Knife,9 0

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 pm
by kabukiman
The pict is simply too fast and Tuya misses him. He attacks Mouse.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:58 pm
by kabukiman
The Pict hit Mouse with his spear.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 pm
by kabukiman
Mouse had been completly taken by surprise by the lonely pict who dodged Tuya. But feeling the pain from the spear hitting him, seemed to awaken her and she reacted.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:07 pm
by kabukiman

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:09 pm
by kabukiman
Such was the fury of Mouse, that she managed to perfurate the skull of the pict... but the dagger was now stucked in the head of the pict, like a last revenge...

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius makes sure the bridge is secure first, and then he tries to recover his crossbow bolts and loots the Picts' bodies.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:02 pm
by aine
Tuya leaves Mouse to finish the Pict and quickly looks around to check there are no more Picts about to leap out of the bushes. If all is calm she scavenges for arrows.
Observation,13 0

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:15 am
by kabukiman
One recover 2 bolts and the other 2 arrows.
OOC: We are entering in a new scene, and you loose all momentum.

The path to Fort Tuscelan is clear. Unfortunately, even before you reach the fort, you hear the ululating cries from hundreds of savage throats on the river ahead. Creeping forward, you see bands of dozens of painted Pictish warriors passing by you in the forest, converging on the fort.
There, limned by flickering torchlight on the stockade walls, you see scores…swarms…hordes… hundreds…of Picts attacking the walls in fits and waves. Arrows arc over the walls into the fort, and valiant-but-outnumbered archers on the walls loose their shafts into the hordes outside. More painted savages arrive every minute.
No one living has ever dreamed of, let alone seen, such a gathering of Pictish tribes. This is unprecedented, even apocalyptic. The fort is lost and everyone inside is doomed.
Make a discipline test D3 (means, you need to have 3 sucesses to succeed).

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Fort Tuscalan is doomed," says Servius softly. "We must flee, lest we suffer the same fate."
OOC,Discipline test (7) seeing the fort falling: 0

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:18 pm
by aine
Yes, there’s nothing we can do for those poor souls. We must warn the village, if we can, and then escape with the news. But I wonder if anyone will believe us; how can so many Picts be possible?” Tuya turns to leave as quickly as possible to get a head start.
Discipline,9 0

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:28 am
by kabukiman
You both fail the discipline test and suffer 3 points of mental damage,
You start running to the east.
You want try to escape to safety as quick as possible or try to warn any houses you can and help people escape?

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:29 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Servius[/b] would want to try to escape as soon as possible, but if the others insist on warning and helping people on the way, he'll stay with them.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:52 pm
by aine
“I think we should at least warn the villagers but not hang around once we’ve spoken to someone; what can we do against a horde like that?” Tuya pants as they run between the trees.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:02 pm
by kabukiman
You start running. After a while you see the first house of settlers. It seems the place has already been struck by the Pict raiders: the farmhouse door stands ajar, as does the barn. This is the house of Canaeus and his family. From a distance, you discern the corpse of a pig in front of the barn.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:26 pm
by aine
“Too late!” Tuya cries, “Let’s see if there is anyone left alive.”
Observation,13 0

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius helps with the search, though he is sure the Picts would not have spared any of the people - or missed any treasure. Still, maybe someone or something was too well hidden for them to find.
OOC,Observation test (10) searching the ruined farm: 0

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:26 am
by kabukiman
The farmhouse is even worse: the hacked and mutilated bodies of a man, woman, and four children lie scattered throughout the little house’s four rooms. From the signs of it, Canaeus and his wife Iphisa fought valiantly, but were overcome. The children had apparently barricaded themselves into one small bedroom, but the door was hacked through and the children met grisly ends at the hands of the merciless Picts. Clothing, kitchenware, and other goods have been broken, torn, and strewn about the cabin’s ruined interior, all stained with spatters of blood and gore. Little is left of value here. A single shoe appears to be for a young girl that doesn’t jibe with the ages and sizes of any of the deceased children present. A captive, perhaps?
OOC: Make another discipline test; you need 2 sucesses to pass

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius is more than a little disturbed. "We must get out of this area, before we're next!" he exclaims.
OOC,Discipline test (7) finding the bodies: 0

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:28 pm
by aine
“The Picts haven’t looted; they’ve just ransacked. It’s as if they’re being driven by a demonic force.”
Tuya is saddened and sickened.
“Do you think a little girl has been captured?”
Discipline,9 0 Ahh, what does that mean?

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"It seems likely," says Servius, "unless she fled and escaped."

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:59 am
by kabukiman
aine wrote:“The Picts haven’t looted; they’ve just ransacked. It’s as if they’re being driven by a demonic force.”
Tuya is saddened and sickened.
“Do you think a little girl has been captured?”
Discipline,9 248320:0 Ahh, what does that mean?
Tuya starts crying thinking about the terrible fate that will happem to the gir if she has been captured.

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 pm
by aine
Tuya fumbles her way back outside away from the carnage. She stands by the doorway gulping the fresh air and drying her eyes.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius follows her outside. "There's nothing we can do here," he says. "We must go."

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:29 am
by kabukiman
You continue your journey. The next farmhouse is over a quarter-mile down the road, a family from the Bossonian Marches.It belongs to Ulgram, Eald’s Son; his wife Freide; and their children are Edel, Cenred, Cenric, Aldred, and Rimhilde.
Make obervation tests.

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:32 pm
by aine
“Oh dear, I’m not sure I can bear another massacred family. Tuya pulls up and scans the area, stroking her falcon for comfort.
Observation,13 0

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius's keen vision reveals all.
OOC,Observation roll (10) near the farm: 0

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:02 pm
by kabukiman
You see a group of picts trying to enter the house and you hear screams inside.

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,How many Picts do we see?

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:23 am
by kabukiman
OOC: (5 picts).

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius takes out his crossbow and takes aim at one of the Picts, certain that they can defeat them.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 pm
by aine
“They’re endless!” Tuya exclaims and then she also notches an arrow and then lets fly.
Arrow,11 0 damage 1

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:10 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Mr Handy, I need you to make yout roll.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius fires, striking a Pict. He is sure they can defeat five of them. He is even more certain that they can defeat four.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12) shooting at a Pict: 0 Damage to Pict from crossbow bolt: 1

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:14 am
by kabukiman
With 2 picts dead, only 3 are alive. The picts turn their attention to you and start running to your direction (you can shoot again).

OOC: I spend 1 point of doom to transform one of the picts in a war leader.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:21 pm
by aine
“Cripes, look at the war paint on that one!” Tuya exclaims as she bends her bow and fires her last arrow in his direction.
Arrow,1101

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius reloads quickly and shoots at the leader, unless Tuya's arrow brings him down first, in which case he'll fire at one of the others. His bolt is deadly accurate.
OOC,Ranged Weapons roll (12) shooting at the leader (or another Pict if he's down): 0 Damage from crossbow bolt: 1

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:53 am
by kabukiman
Tuya hits the pict in the heart; the other is killed by Servius.

The other 2 picts attack you.

Pict 1

Pict 2

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:54 am
by kabukiman
Both picts miss you completly, they are no match to you.

OOC: Please make your rolls of melee.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:41 pm
by aine
Tuya watches with satisfaction as the arrow strikes true. As the other Picts race towards her she drops her bow, draws her knife and ducks to avoid the Pict’s flashing weapon. She retaliates with an upper cut to the Pict’s tattooed midriff.
Knife,9 0 1 but...

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius puts his crossbow aside in favor of his longsword and takes a swing at a Pict.
OOC,Melee roll (15) attacking a Pict: 1 Damage to Pict from longsword: 0

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 pm
by kabukiman
Tuya still angry with what she saw in the first family attacks with all her fury and hits the pict in the neck... and it seems that a pool of blood explodes in her direction leaving her copletly covered in red (imagine Carrie from the movie).

Sevius cut the pict in half, but with a clean cut.

Mouse says: "This time it was quick!"

You hear the door opening.

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"The Picts are dead," says Servius. "It is safe here now."

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:54 pm
by kabukiman
You see Ulgran with a spear, and behind him, his wife and children who are all very afraid (one of the kids is crying).
"Thank you,you save us from those savages! I don't know what would hapen if you didn't appear. You think they may be more in the woods? It's better to warn the fort so the send patrols to this area."

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"We already tried that," says Servius. "We were...too late. There are plenty of other Picts about, more than you know. Gather what you have and come with us. We must head for friendly territory."

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:20 am
by kabukiman
The men simply nods, says to his wife to bring some food cloths, tools and he goes to the barn and brings 2 horses. After some minutes they are ready and your group starts the trip.

OOC: Are you going to the next house in the road, or do you simply contine running to safety?

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:24 pm
by aine
Tuya wipes her face and then looks At her clothing. “Just look; my tunic is totally ruined; this will never come out! Get your belongings, we’d better leave as soon as I’ve had a wash.” She tells the householders.

To Servius she says, “ You could see if they have anything useful we can take with us like food or arrows. I’ll be with you in a minute.” She walks around looking for a well or a bucket of water. Once she’s had a wash she pulls Servius aside and whispers,
“What are we going to do? I know we can’t leave them but there’s probably a dozen farmsteads around here and we can’t protect them all.”

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:55 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius uses the time the family was gathering their stuff for the traditional looting of the dead, recovering any fired bolts or arrows and searching for anything of value the Picts may have had. "Pah!" he says. "Not even a decent pair of boots among them." He nods to Tuya. "You're right, we don't have time to stop at all the farmsteads. It's probably too late anyway. There's nothing we can do but shout a warning as we ride by."

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:20 pm
by kabukiman
You start travelling. The family walks as quick as possible, but they are to slow.
You pass after a while near another house.

OOC Make an observation roll.

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius is too exhausted to notice anything.
OOC,Observation roll (10) near the house: 0

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:16 pm
by aine
Observation, 13 2d20

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:23 pm
by kabukiman
Tuya notice the following: you already saw the fort being conquered and at least one farm destroyed, but there is no smoke yet.
Ulgran says to one of his children to go quickly warn the family in this farm but no loose any time and come back and catch them in road.
You continue and you see the little boy fter a while coming and saying he warn the family and they were packing.
The group continue the travell when you suddenly hear a scream of a women's voice in the forest very near you and several picts voices.

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:19 pm
by aine
“You know, I have this feeling that the Picts are not just ransacking as they normally do but are invading under orders. Why haven’t they just set fire to everything as per usual?” Tuya talks quietly to Servius.

“Not another family!” She exclaims when the woman screams. “Should we rescue her?”

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Normally Servius would just save his own skin, but a thought does occur to him: never leave an enemy at your back. "I suppose we'd better," he says, his crossbow already out as he looks for the Picts.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 pm
by kabukiman
The screams are very near and it's easy to get there. There is a group of 5 picts and a girl in her late teens, a settler’s daughter no doubt. Her hands are bound together tightly at the wrists, her feet tied so that she has about two feet of slack between them, and a rope is wound around her neck that one of the lesser Pict warriors holds like a leash. Her clothing is torn, one foot is bare, and she is muddy and bloody from dozens of minor scratches and bruises.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:15 pm
by aine
“Did you find any arrows at the settlement, Servius? I’m totally out.” Tuya whispers as they peer through the leaves at the Picts.

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius hands over any spare arrows he has to Tuya and takes aim at one of the Picts, whichever one looks the toughest.

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:08 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Servius has bolts, not arrows.

One of the picts has actually a bow and arrows.
Servius, shoot first.

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:12 pm
by aine
Tuya eyes the Pict. “I need those arrows as I have none left. You’re on your own with this one, Servius.”
Instead she readies her knife and crouches low in the bushes near Servius in case she gets the opportunity to surprise a Pict.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Not for long," says Servius, shooting the Pict archer first so Tuya can later get his bow and arrows. The shot is deadly.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 am
by kabukiman
The bolt hit the pict in the head and he is immediatly dead. The picts start looking from where the bolt came.

OOC: You have now one momentum to spend. Tuya, You must roll stealth (you can roll 2d20 or 3d20 if you spend the momentum or buy a doom dice).

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:47 pm
by aine
Tuya stays low and circles round through the undergrowth hoping to get to the dead archer undetected.
  • Stealth, 9 [url=https://orokos.com/roll/881434][/url]: [u]2d20[/u] [b]18[/b] an 8 and a 10.

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:16 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Servius you can shoot again.

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:08 am
by kabukiman
Another pict is dead. But now they know where the shot came, and two attack Servius and another stays with the girl.

OOC: Servius your figth against 2 picts
Tuya, you also can act.
Remember there are 2 momentum dices now.

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius draws his longsword and slices into a Pict with it, hoping it does enough damage to take him out of the fight and leave him facing only one.

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:15 pm
by aine
ooc, Was Tuya stealthy enough to retrieve the arrows? And how close is she to the Pict with the girl?

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:59 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: you can in one action get the arrows, but the last pict with the girl is very near. If he decides to attack you, you have to run or defend with a melee weapon, not with the bow.

Servius cut the belly of one of the picts attacking him.
The other pict was full of fury, but failed to hit Servius.
https://orokos.com/roll/881967

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:33 pm
by aine
Tuya stretches one hand out of the bushes to grab the fallen quiver. The other hand holds her knife, ready.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:57 pm
by kabukiman
The pict with a mace in his hand and a rope in the other attacks Tuya.

https://orokos.com/roll/882243
https://orokos.com/roll/882245
He hardly makes a scratch.

OOC: Now it is the turn of Mr Servius and Tuya

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:15 pm
by aine
Tuya ducks and rolls under the rope and mace, only suffering a slight graze. Then she retaliates with her knife.
Knife, 9 roll: 11, 2 damage: 3d6= 11
Ooc, 12 points doesn’t seem just a scratch but then I don’t actually know what hit points I have or what they are classified as- I’ve looked on my sheet.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 pm
by kabukiman
OOC The damage in conan is a bit different: you roll each d6 and if yiu get a "1", 2","5","6". The 1, 5 and 6 make 1 point of damage, the 2 make 2 points. I need to know what are your results, the 11 doesn't tell me what you have.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius swings at another Pict, whichever one is nearer and still standing. His blade strikes home, but it doesn't cause much damage.
OOC, Thanks, I was wondering how damage worked.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:53 pm
by aine
Damage, I’ll have to roll again: 3d6: 2, 5, 2

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:17 pm
by kabukiman
Tuya made a clean cut and he pict simply fall without a sound.
The last pict fighting Servius knows that he is lost, and he is too clumsy.

https://orokos.com/roll/882644

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 pm
by aine
Tuya quickly wipes her blade on the fallen pict and then uses it to cut the girl free.
“Quickly, come with us!” She looks around the clearing for anything interesting.
Observation, 13 roll 2d20:19, 12

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 pm
by kabukiman
The girl quickly nods, only say a quick "thank you" and grabs the mace.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius searches the bodies of the Picts while Tuya frees the girl, though he suspects that the bow and arrows were the most valuable things they had.

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:23 pm
by kabukiman
Actually you find a small amulet that is clearly of not pictish origin, even if you don't know where it is from. It is basically a cross inside a square with each point of the cross touching the summits. The girl says: "It was mine. I bought iy from a guy who said that he found in a toumb in the south and it would give me good luck. Since I'm still alive, I guess he was right. I don't have anything else of value, so you can keep it as a gift."

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:23 pm
by aine
“Thank you.” Says Tuya as she picks up the other bow to see if is better than hers. “Do you want to wear the talisman or shall I?” She asks Servius as she leads the girl back towards the family.

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes. thank you," says Servius, putting the amulet around his neck. "I'll gladly wear the amulet. I can use all the luck I can get." Tuya is picking up soldiering quickly, he thinks. She's already learned how to loot the dead.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:28 am
by kabukiman
You return to the road. The is more people in the road too, some families and some smoke in the sky. Some are walking as ligtly as possible others have bring their animals and objects and are moving very slow.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We need to move as fast as possible," says Servius.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:05 pm
by aine
Tijuana checks that their party is not carrying anything superfluous.
“Horses would be good.” She mutters. “Which way are we heading?”

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:09 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I've got two of them," says Servius. "I'm riding my foreign steed, but you're welcome to mount up on my other riding horse. We're heading the same way everyone else is, toward the Aquilonian interior."
OOC, Each of us has at least one riding horse listed on our character sheets.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:55 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes, but you didn't bring the horse with you, you are in the forest. That is a problem in Conan scenarios, most of the equipment vanishes. But I'l do this: your horses are in the fort that is being conquered, but with all those refugees and people abandoning things, you find 2 horses.
Both make a observation roll.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:35 pm
by aine
Tuya looks around,
Observation, 13 roll: 11, 2

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:16 pm
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:21 am
by kabukiman
You see a small movement in the vegetation, very discreet. Then two red eyes and you see the sun reflex in scales?

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius points out what he sees. "That looks like a snake," he says. "Give it a wide berth, but don't kill it. With any luck, it'll cause trouble for the Picts if they pursue us."

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:16 pm
by aine
“It’s an odd looking snake, I’ve never seen one with red eyes before.” Tuya kicks her horse a little closer to the bush.

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It could be a Serpent Man," says Servius. "I've never seen one before, but I've heard stories about them."

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:26 pm
by kabukiman
You suddenly hear a pict voice and then the snake is attacked by what seems a huge ape that starts trying to break it's neck. It has a black fur and a bestial look.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius quickly draws his crossbow and takes aim at the ape.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:24 pm
by kabukiman
The ape breaks the snake neck.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:15 pm
by aine
“Oh no, look out!” Tuya cries but it’s too late. She hears the crack of the snake man’s neck.
She kicks her horse back as the ape seems a fearsome beast and keeps her arrow trained on the ape.
“Everyone keep moving!” She shouts to the family.

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Keep going!" calls Servius, waving everyone along.

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:59 pm
by kabukiman
Again the pictish voice... and the ape starts running in your direction!

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:28 pm
by aine
“The Picts must have trained it!” Tuya squeaks and lets her arrow fly at the advancing ape.
Bow, 11 roll 2d20: 9, 7. Damage 3d6:6,2,2

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius fires his crossbow at the ape, his shot proving equally accurate and powerful.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:05 pm
by kabukiman
The creature screams of fury and pain and his eyes are mad; it jumps in your direction, provoking the panic of the people nearby. Even your horses are afraid, but before they can run, the ape creature is already near you and attacks Tuya who hurt it more. It punches Tuya with a migthy blow, that hits Tuya leaving her badly hurt; she never fell so much pain as she feel her bones being smashed, but somehow she keeps her wits .

https://orokos.com/roll/884831
https://orokos.com/roll/884832

OOC: Ouch, the creature was very kucky. That is 8 points of damage. By the rules, Tuya suffered more than 5 points of damage in a single bow (meaning 1 wound) and reduced her vigor to 0 (another wound). You have now 3 wounds (you started with 5).
Remember that you have 2 momentum and 3 fortune points. The fortune poins can be use to (1 point each):
-recover the vigor
-have an automatic success to hit
-perform an extra action.
This is the near end of the game, spend it without concerns.
It is your turn now.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:11 pm
by aine
Another blow like that and Tuya will be meeting the Hunter in the Sky.
Feeling the adrenaline surging through her veins, she tries to ignore the pain and looses another arrow at the ape and kick her horse out reach.
Bow, 11 2d20: 4, 8 3d6: 3,4,5 Using one fortune point for vigor and one for another action ( moving out of the way)

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius unsheathes his sword and strikes the ape a powerful blow.
OOC, If the ape is not dead yet after this, I'll use a fortune point to take another action so I can attack again.

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:07 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Not dead yet.

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:20 pm
by Mr. Handy

Servius lands another accurate and devastating blow on the ape.
OOC, If that doesn't kill it, I'll spend another fortune point for a third attack.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:14 am
by kabukiman
Tuya hit the creature and then run to a safer distance; Servius attacked and with a deadly precision hit several blows with his sword. The creature turn to Servius and for a moment it looked as if the creature would attack him. But unstead, it closed it's eyes and fall like a dead tree. In that moment Servius and Tuya heard a terrible cry in a pictish voice from the woods.

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:36 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's hunt down that Pict," says Servius. "Anyone who can control such a beast is too dangerous to let escape."

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:05 pm
by aine
“Er, okay. I’ll be right behind you.” Tuya climbs off her horse if the bushes look too thick to ride through.
“It almost seemed like the Pict let the ape die. She says as she follows Servius into the trees with an arrow notched ready.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am
by kabukiman
You hear a quick movement in thw woods and then nothing.

OOC: Roll observation. Remember yu have momentum dices.

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius picks up a faint trail. He has his crossbow loaded and ready.

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:07 am
by kabukiman
You see the pict running between the trees.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC, Can we shoot?

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:23 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Yes, but you need to 2 successes.

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy

Servius fires, his bolt highly accurate and deadly.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:08 am
by kabukiman
The bolt hit true, and the pict fall to earth. Suddenly it seems for a moment that there is silence.
You hekpt severaç families to escape; you see others much behind being butchered, but you must resign that you cannot help everyone. After what seems a long time, you suddenly see an aquilonian patrol. They clash against a group of picts and help the colonists to go to the safety of the fort. You also enter and are finally safe.

OOC: The scenario is finished. I'l give you the rewards in a couple of days. Hope you enjoyed.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC, Thank you, that was fun!

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 pm
by aine
Yes, thank you! It was an interesting change to play different rules.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:38 pm
by kabukiman
Are you interested to play another scenario?
I must be sincere: I hated this scenario.I love the story "Beyond the black river", it's one of my favourites, but this scenario didn't have a story, it was very linear and I didn't knew how to make it more interesting.
But what counts is that you had fun.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC, Yes, I'd like to play another scenario. This makes a good introduction to the world and the system, even if it is linear. I haven't read Howard's stories, but I'm somewhat familiar with the setting, having played several GURPS Conan solo scenarios, including one which features the Pictish attack on Fort Tuscelan.

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:26 pm
by aine
I think it was perfect as an introduction; nice and simple. I’m up for another bash.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:23 am
by kabukiman
You both earn 150 XP each. Not enouth to increase any skill or anything.
Mr Handy you can move this game to the hall of fame, in a couple of days I'l ask you to open another to the new game.

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
I'll leave it up for now so it's visible for a while. I'll probably move it to the Hall of Fame this weekend. Or would you rather just create a new thread in this forum than create a new forum for the next game?

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:18 am
by kabukiman
The name to the adventure will be different. I should have put a more generic name like "Adventures in Hyperborea" (it's what I will do to the next). Sorry for the trouble.