IC-Sanctuary(David/Tisha/Willie/Felice/Drake/Evans/Rourke)

The truck stop is in a shambles. Many survivors remain, and the Air Force has arrived to take control, but are they more trouble than they're worth? Other survivors have scattered in various directions. Four have reached Warren Air Force Base, but it may not be as safe as it appears. Others are in the skinheads' compound, fighting desperately for their lives. Still others are in a secret underground facility full of mystery and peril. And a small group winging its way to Omaha in a helicopter must land at an airfield to refuel. The fate of the world may depend on them, but will they survive to reach their destination?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Sanctuary(David/Tisha/Willie/Felice/Drake/Evans/Rourke)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 11:21 AM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
In the Stryker-
Inside the Stryker M1133 Medical Evacuation Vehicle were three people dressed head-to-toe in orange Racal suits. They were members of the quarantine clinic's medical staff. Captain Isaac Drake was a skilled surgeon who was used to operating under fire in Afghanistan and Iraq in similar vehicles, but the current situation was like nothing he had ever experienced. Now his home was the battlefield, and this base was one of the last bastions of civilization after only a dozen or so hours of chaos. Assisting him was Lt. Sara Evans, a nurse who often worked with him in the operating room. She was also in charge of the nursing staff and had chosen to come rather than put one of the other nurses at risk. The last person on the Stryker was Airman Catherine Rourke, who served as an orderly. She had volunteered for this duty too. She had also eagerly volunteered to be sent to the motel at the truck stop from which the incoming survivors had fled, but had been turned down - more due to lack of space on the helicopters than anything else. There had been no room for anyone who wasn't part of the communications team, the medical research staff, or the Security Forces troops. The only open spot had been given to Javier Ramirez.

The survivors who had made it to Warren AFB were all in various states of injury to the tribulations they had suffered on their way there. David the truck driver, who had lost his truck, couldn't help but admire the ladies who were helping them even through their bulky orange suits. Tisha the reporter had gotten more of a story than she had expected. Her cameraman, Wiilie, had nearly died and looked like he was about to do so. Felice, the Italian art dealer, was the least injured of the bunch. In spite of all she had been through, she still looked amazing. Sadly, Randall had not made it.

The Stryker began to slowly roll over the asphalt.

"I'm Captain Isaac Drake," said Dr. Drake. "I'd like to introduce Lt. Sara Evans, my senior nurse, and Airman Catherine Rourke." He indicated each woman in turn.

"I'm Willie," said the cameraman. "Boy am I glad to see you. We're in really bad shape."

"You're going to be all right," said Sara Evans. "You're in the best of hands."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: IC-Sanctuary(David/Tisha/Willie/Felice/Drake/Evans/Rourke)

Post by Silver Priest »

"Good to meet you all," Tisha said. Reflexively she attempts to remove dirt from her face. She strove to always look ready for TV. "I'm Tisha Roberts; you may recognize me from TV, though I won't be hurt if you don't. I'm a reporter for the local news. It was difficult to get here, but I've learned a few thinks about the infection on the way. I have on my phone an interview with an infected individual who was able to describe his situation to some extent. Unfortunately he didn't make it. Fortunately, none of us have the symptoms he described."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:22 AM
In the Stryker-
"So, what's it like out there?" asked Catherine Rourke eagerly.

"You had contact with the infected?" asked Captain Drake. Lt. Evans pulled back in alarm, even though she was wearing a level 4 suit like the other Air Force personnel. "How close was this contact?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Tisha frowns briefly when no one commented on recognizing her-- it was usually good for a drink at the bar, but these were more serious times.

"Depends on the area. When we started out at the truck stop there were no signs of trouble except on the tv. Getting here was bad though-- we had two car accidents, the highways are completely overrun."

At Drake's question she shakes her head vehemently. "The infected was recently bitten and in the front passenger seat of Dave's tractor. None of us had physical contact with him. In addition, he immediately started complaining of symptoms like burning and intense pain that none of us are experiencing-- well, from that anyway. As I said, we've been in two car accidents. I was able to get a good list of the symptoms from the poor man and none of us have anything like them. It's been about, what, a little over two hours since he was bitten? We still all feel fine. Though I'm happy to undergo whatever tests we need to."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Had I not been this banged up, I´d hug you ladies. Now I´m grateful to have my eyesight. This place looks swell. Nice ride cap!" David continues checking out the two women in orange. "Yeah, really good. Dave´s the name. The open road´s my game. So, what´s her top speed?" Saying that out loud, he regrets it as his demeanor is halted by something in his ribs. "Ouch that hurt."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Quick and the Undead”