IC-The Hangar(Diane/Rick/Bernard/Lucy)

The truck stop is in a shambles. Many survivors remain, and the Air Force has arrived to take control, but are they more trouble than they're worth? Other survivors have scattered in various directions. Four have reached Warren Air Force Base, but it may not be as safe as it appears. Others are in the skinheads' compound, fighting desperately for their lives. Still others are in a secret underground facility full of mystery and peril. And a small group winging its way to Omaha in a helicopter must land at an airfield to refuel. The fate of the world may depend on them, but will they survive to reach their destination?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-The Hangar(Diane/Rick/Bernard/Lucy)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 11:41 AM Central Time - In Hangar 1, airfield 10 miles SW of Kearney, Nebraska
In Hangar 1-
Hangar 1 was the largest of the five hangars at the airfield, situated 100 yards north of the control tower currently occupied by the National Guard. Within the hangar rested a crop duster, and the only reason it was still there was that it was broken down and awaiting repairs. Lucy Armstrong, a mechanic who worked at the airfield, walked around it and inspected it. The small plane would hold the four of them - barely - but getting it back in working order would be no easy task.

Dr. Bernard Smith stood nearby, talking to the two Nebraska State Troopers also present in the hangar. Trooper Rick Brenner was a handsome pilot and the only one there who knew how to fly the plane. Beside him stood Sergeant Diane Ford.

"We've got a tough job ahead of us," she said. "Even if we can get this kite up and running, those National Guardsmen will take notice. I wouldn't put it past them to try and take it for themselves. We don't have rifles, and they do - and that sniper of theirs is downright deadly. There's also the matter of fuel. All the fuel is stored in those warehouses east of the tower, and the National Guard keeps them under lock and key. Without fuel, we're not going anywhere. So, Lucy, think you can fix her?"

Anyone who wants to help fix the crop duster, roll Mechanical Repair on 1d100 as explained in the Rules and Guidelines thread. You need to get less than or equal to your Mechanical Repair skill to succeed. If you roll higher, you fail, but you'll still be able to try again later unless you roll really badly. If you do not have Mechanical Repair on your character sheet, you have the base skill level of 20%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: IC-The Hangar(Diane/Rick/Bernard/Lucy)

Post by Snapper »

Rick:

"No worries Sarge, let me take a crack at it. If I can get it working, will you let me buy you dinner somewhere?" Rick gives his trademark cheeky grin.

1d%H70%

OOC:   Win!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

11:42 AM
In Hangar 1-
"If you're buying, Rick, I'm eating," said Sergeant Diane Ford. While she was a decade his senior, she was still rather attractive. She was, however, his superior, and she had always treated him professionally and displayed no romantic interest in him. She tried her hand at helping him, but even a simple crop duster was more complicated than a patrol car, so she backed off and gave him room. "Looks like I'll be standing watch."

Dr. Bernard Smith was more used to fixing people than machines, but he was able to make the adjustment and provide some assistance. Lucy also did an amazing job, but it was Rick who excelled the most. They were working extremely efficiently as a team.

"I think we can have her flying in half an hour," said Lucy. "Or rather, we could, if we had some fuel."

Diane's Mechanical Repair roll (40% skill) helping fix the plane:
d%
Bernard's Mechanical Repair roll (20% base skill) helping fix the plane:
d%
Lucy's Mechanical Repair roll (75% skill) helping fix the plane:
d%
Well rolled! It will now take 29 more minutes to finish repairing the plane, provided all three of them keep working on it the whole time. It would take twice as long to finish if Rick were to stop, as his critical success is responsible for half of the work. Lucy's extreme success is responsible for most of the rest. If you ever do have to stop for some reason, you can later resume working without having to roll again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Snapper »

Rick:

"OK Sarge, it's a deal, you owe me your company for a dinner out. If there are any restaurants left in the world."

"For the moment though, respectfully, I have two suggestions. Firstly, if you would guard us while we get on and fix this old bird. Lucy here is clearly a master, by the way. And the doc's no slouch." Rick winks at Lucy, gives her the big grin too, and keeps working while he talks.

"Second, those part-timer national guard pukes. We're going to have to negotiate with them. What if we offer that I do a few trips and fly us and them all out? Say fifty fifty passengers each trip?"

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Quick and the Undead”