OOC-Chapter 2-The Quick and the Undead-General Discussion

The truck stop is in a shambles. Many survivors remain, and the Air Force has arrived to take control, but are they more trouble than they're worth? Other survivors have scattered in various directions. Four have reached Warren Air Force Base, but it may not be as safe as it appears. Others are in the skinheads' compound, fighting desperately for their lives. Still others are in a secret underground facility full of mystery and peril. And a small group winging its way to Omaha in a helicopter must land at an airfield to refuel. The fate of the world may depend on them, but will they survive to reach their destination?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: OOC-Chapter 2-The Quick and the Undead-General Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! Your characters are now yours again, and there are a whole bunch of new ones available if you want to add to them. You can post for them any time you're ready, but there's no rush. I haven't had time to get Chapter 2 properly moving. I did start my new job on March 1st, and while I had some time off in February, it was largely taken up with the transition. Now I have next to no leave time built up, and I can't use any yet anyway, but I should have a little time in late May. The new job is wonderful, though, and I'm so glad I got it. Meanwhile, my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu game The Masque of Nyarlathotep is underway, set in 1517 France. It's still early, so there's not much catching up if you're interested. I could really use players to take over abandoned characters.

Kult is not the same thing as CoC. It's its own thing. My only experience with playing it is in an archived game on this site, Hecatomb. Sadly, the Keeper disappeared before it got very far, but it may give you a taste.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Very happy you've found a much less stressful work environment Mr. H. :)
dustakr
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by dustakr »

GG Mr. Handy.
also Thanks for replying on query related to Kult ttrpg.

I feel like I want to run a ttrpg one of these days, offline of course and with player constraints either one gm one player or gm less altogether, I looked through coc quickstart guide and even 5e basic rules. I am not finding any one on one or gmless rules lite ttrpg. Just to get general Idea of what and how of running a ttrpg. I mean there is loads of material when I do google search, but I can't choose any and run with it.
can I run coc in one on one setup?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, you can! Years ago I found out about Monophobia, a free collection of three one-on-one Call of Cthulhu scenarios. I read them, and they were excellent. I've never played or run them. I had plans to try to turn them into solo adventures playable without a Keeper, but I never had the time. The collection also contains advice on creating and running one-on-one scenarios. You can download it here.

There's also Cthulhu Confidential. It's not Call of Cthulhu but GUMSHOE, and it's far from free. I've heard it's excellent, but I've never run or played it.

Also, some existing CoC scenarios such as The Paper Chase, which I've heard is in the 4th edition rulebook and is also included (and updated for 7th edition) in the Starter Set, work well with just one investigator.

There are a variety of solo adventures that are playable without a Keeper. Alone Against the Flames, Alone Against the Dark, Alone Against the Frost, and Alone Against the Tide are available in 7th edition, the first in the Starter Set. The first three are updates of older solo adventures from an earlier edition. There's also Grimrock Isle, which I have, and Alone on Halloween, which I don't. I've been meaning to write some solo adventures for Call of Cthulhu myself, but I've never found the time. I've written plenty of works of interactive fiction before. You can actually find one of them here on this site, The End of It All
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Quick and the Undead”