IC-Storming the Castle(Jimmy/Wallace/Bo/Luke/Gary/Kimberly)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Storming the Castle(Jimmy/Wallace/Bo/Luke/Gary/Kimberly)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 10:21 AM Mountain Daylight Time - North of the T-Bone
On the road-
Bo drove north along the road, with Kimberly sitting in the shotgun seat. Jimmy, Wallace, Luke, and Gary were in the back of the truck. "Can you please reload my shotgun?" asked Bo. "I fired a shell earlier. I'd do it myself, but I'm driving."

"Sure thing," said Kimberly, taking the shotgun and one of Bo's shells, which she slid into the side before returning the shotgun.

"I got a bowie knife," Wallace said to Jimmy, "but it's my only one. I don't know if I should give it up. I might need it if there's close-in fighting."

"Well, don't look at me," said Luke. "I'm not lending out my knife."

The dirt road went across a narrow bridge over the Lodgepole Creek, and up ahead was an intersection with Route 30, which went left and right from here. The dirt road continued ahead. "Keep going straight," said Kimberly. "We've got a few minutes before we get close."
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b], you may roll Fast Talk if you want to try to convince [b]Wallace[/b] to trade knives.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Re: IC-Storming the Castle(Jimmy/Wallace/Bo/Luke/Gary/Kimber

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary will steady himself in the back and keep his rifle ready in case any infected get close to the truck.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy pulls out his pocket knife "It's no bother, I plan to be sneak around more than fighting, I could probably steal something from the dickwads in that compound anyway. I am guessing they will see us coming, is there any particular plan? If you guys want to start shooting I could try and make my way around the back and find a way in maybe?".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:22 AM
On the road-
"I've got a plan," said Kimberly as Bo drove onward. She took out a small black leather wallet and flipped it open to reveal her identification card, which had her photograph and was labeled Drug Enforcement Agency. "I'm with the DEA, undercover. I'm hereby deputizing all of you. I've been investigating the T-Bone and the Prairie Militia Society for drug-related activities. The way it works is that the PMS makes crystal meth in their compound, and they sell it to Hammond and Earl at the T-Bone. They use truckers, such as David, to move the drugs all up and down I-80. From there it goes all over the country."

"Holy s***!" said Wallace. "All this time, and I never knew."

"From what I can gather, David was forced into it. He owes Hammond big time. It's actually worse than I'd thought at first. Not only are the skinheads involved with drugs, they also traffic in weapons - and apparently people. Hammond and Earl get military grade weapons, again brought in on trucks, and they trade those to the PMS for the meth. Hammond did us a favor when he killed Earl and those skinheads, but he had his own self-interest at heart, and he didn't care who he killed with them. It looks like he had a falling out with them, so he was trying to save his own skin, and he also conveniently eliminated witnesses. We'll have to deal with him after we're done at the compound. Right now we have bigger fish to fry. I wish I could bring in an interagency task force to bring these scumbags down, but that's clearly not going to happen today. Instead, I've got you guys, and I'm lucky to have you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Wait, so you're saying that the skinheads at this compound have military grade weapons? What exactly is your plan because driving up to the front door in a pickup is going to get us shot up like we was Bonnie and Clyde." Gary is nervous about what they are going to do but his resolve to try to save the women that were taken as hostages doesn't waver.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

scheduling-woes.jpg
Bo drives on and says, "We´re lucky to have you SAIC Kimberly. Thank´s for the reload. Let´s hope we have enough fire power to get inside..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:23 AM
On the road-
"Any time, Trooper," said Kimberly. "Thanks, but I'm just a Special Agent, not an SAC yet. My plan isn't a frontal assault, and if it works, we won't need as much firepower. I have satellite photos of the compound on the laptop in the trunk of my car. I doubt it survived the explosion, but I've studied them and can go from memory. This truck is one of their own vehicles, so we can approach most of the way there without arousing suspicion. If they see it from a distance, they'll assume Horst and his men are coming back. If we're really lucky, they'll open the gates for us and we can zoom through before they get suspicious, but we can't count on that. However, I noticed that there are some trees overhanging the fence on the left side of the compound. It should be possible to climb up the tree and along the branch, then drop down inside. It's a secluded part of the compound, so nobody should notice as long as we don't drive too close to the compound and approach with stealth. Once at least some of us are inside, we can open the gates from within." The vehicle continued on for another mile. "We're about halfway there now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy grins "Well your sure full of surprises, that plan is right up my alley - the amount of times I have done something similar to find a spot to sleep, or "acquire" supplies I couldn't count on my fingers and toes combined.".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:24 AM
On the road-
"Thanks," said Kimberly as Bo kept driving north. "I'm glad you came with us. I have a feeling you'll be needed for that part. When we get close, we can take the truck off road and drive around to the left side of the compound and those trees. Any other questions before we get there? It'll only be a couple more minutes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:25 AM
On the road-
The pickup truck went over a few rolling hills, and just ahead the road split. It kept going straight ahead, and it also branched off ahead and to the left. By this branch was a sign that said: "Prairie Militia Society Compound. Trespassers Will Be Violated. Stay Out."

"Turn left here," said Kimberly to Bo.
OOC,Everyone may roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy starts to focus on his surroudings a bit more as they approach the compound.
Spot Hidden (55%),[dice]0[/dice]
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]0[/dice]
"Okay everybody. Let's be ready for action."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:26 AM
On the road-
The pickup truck turned down the left branch and up a hill, and the compound came into view. It had high white walls with razor wire on top surrounding it, broken only by a gate at the end of the road. Everybody except Jimmy got a good view of the interior. A white panel van was parked just outside one of the buildings in the center of the compound. There were several cages in the yard, a number of them broken open from the inside. Staggering around the compound's yard were several people. A few of them were skinheads, but the rest were naked women and girls, some as young as 12 or 13. All of them had blazing red eyes, and some had obvious bite marks.
OOC,[b]Wallace[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (45% skill) approaching the compound: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Bo[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (56% skill) approaching the compound: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) approaching the compound: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (52% skill) approaching the compound: [dice]3[/dice] Everyone except [b]Jimmy[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 1/1D8, so you lose 1 Sanity if you succeed or 1D8 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more, you must roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you will go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act freely. [b]Wallace[/b] and [b]Bo[/b] do not need to roll, as they have already lost 8 Sanity for seeing zombies and are used to them. [b]Gary[/b] and [b]Kimberly[/b] have lost 2 Sanity for seeing zombies, so they can lose at most 6 more. Any loss of 7 or 8 will count as 6 instead. [b]Luke[/b] has lost 4, so he can lose at most 4 more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Sanity Roll,Sanity 77 [dice]0[/dice] Sanity Loss 1
Gary sees the infected in the compound and grits his teeth. Not only does that mean they will have to fight through the infected to get inside the compound, but the skinheads inside will be ready to defend the compound from any incursions.

"Heads up everyone, this is about to get ugly."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:27 AM
On the road-
Luke shuddered at the sight. Even a hardened hunter like him couldn't just brush it aside.

"Bo, take us around the left side of the compound, off the road," said Kimberly. "At least the infected don't shoot back. We may still be able to make a stealthy entrance to the compound without alerting any survivors."

Bo drove around the left side of the compound, stopping the truck beside a tall tree whose branches reached over the razor wire-topped perimeter fence.

"This is the perfect place." Kimberly looked back at Jimmy. "Think you can climb that tree and get inside? If you manage to sneak over to the gate without the infected seeing you, you can open it from the inside while we drive back around to the front. Once it's open, we can pick you up and drive straight to the building with the van in front. That must be where they've taken the hostages. If the infected do detect you, we can open up on them and cover you while you get the gate open, but the sound of the gunfire will alert anyone in the buildings."
OOC,[b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 86) for seeing the zombies: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Luke[/b]'s Sanity loss (maximum 4): [dice]4[/dice] [b]Kimberly[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 73) for seeing the zombies: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Jimmy[/b],if you want to try to climb the tree, please roll Climb.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Keeper,Gary's special is cool under fire with a +20 to all Sanity rolls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gary,Thanks, I'd missed the +20. You're fine.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Jimmy jumps down and tries to climb up the tree and sneak in the compound "Looks good to me".
Climb (75%),[dice]0[/dice]
Sneak(50%),[dice]1[/dice]
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Gary will cover Jimmy and keep his rifle trained on the closest of the infected as Jimmy sneaks around.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:28 AM
Outside the compound-
Jimmy scaled the fence with absolutely no problem, crawled along the branch, and lowered himself to the ground on the inside of the fence.

"Nicely done," said Kimberly. "Stick close to the perimeter of the fence as you make your way to the gate. Most of them are in the middle of the compound. We'll follow along in the truck on the outside of the fence and cover you. Once you open the gate from inside, we'll drive in and you can hop in the back."
OOC,[b]Jimmy[/b], please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”