IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Good shot Samantha!" Jim exclaims, then quickly sobers up as he remembers that it is a little girl that just got shot.

"There were other infected still around. Let's go make sure everyone is safe." He says as he heads towards the nearest stairs, continuing to load his pistol on the way.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell continues to keep watch over the balcony.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Tony takes the lamp, wishing dearly that no weapon had been around, giving him a perfect excuse to stay inside. But he knows he needs to protect his family, so he takes it and inches out of the room. "I'll go check things out." He tries to head off in the direction of the shooting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:28:48 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo's bullet struck her target through its eye, and it fell, never to rise again. Both of them had been very accurate shots so far, but that was about to change. Mr. Foo thrust his sword at the remaining zombie's head, but it passed harmlessly over its shoulder. Then the zombie opened its jaws and lunged for his right arm. Unfortunately, he had overextended himself. He hurriedly tried to bring back his sword to fend off the bite, but he was just a fraction of a second too late. The zombie clamped its jaws down on his upper arm, and he passed out, bleeding profusely. The zombie fell on top of him.
OOC,Damage to zombie 5 from [b]Ms. Foo[/b]'s critical 9mm bullet: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sword roll (64% - 5[targeting head] = 59% skill) attacking zombie 2: [dice]1[/dice] Zombie 2's Bite attack (30% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Mr. Foo[/b]'s Sword roll (64% skill) parrying Zombie 2's Bite attack: [dice]4[/dice] Damage from zombie bite: [dice]5[/dice] Hit location of zombie bite: [dice]6[/dice] Zombie 2's Grapple attack (25% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Ms. Foo[/b], it is your turn once again. You are now at point blank range, so the penalty for shooting at the head is now canceled out by the point blank bonus.
On the motel balcony -
Jim ran to the top of the southwest stairway, which was clear of zombies, as he loaded two more bullets into the revolver, giving him a total of three. The barricade had been completely destroyed. It was hard to imagine a little girl could have done all that. Samantha's bullet had finished her off, and now her rifle was empty.

Tony emerged from the motel room near the northeast corner of the balcony, squeezing past Mitchell. The shooting on the balcony had stopped, but there was still shooting coming from somewhere below.
OOC,Anyone on the balcony may roll Listen to determine that the shooting is coming from inside the motel's ground floor. If you roll half your skill or less, you realize exactly where the shooting is. The base skill is 25%.
In the upstairs motel room-
"I'm scared," said Ellen, trembling.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," said Bobby.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tony keeps an ear out, trying to identify the gunfire's location.
Listen 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr.Handy,Noooo, Mr. Foo! One of my favorites, and Tony grew fond of him as well. Soon as Tony finds him he's getting Cathy on him. Don't you die on us, dammit! :cry:
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Samantha grins wolfishly, "That's two close shaves,Jim; let's not make it a habit! Let's get downstairs quickly." She follows Jim down the stairs whilst reloading her rifle.
Listen,25 [dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo screams again and aims at the zombie in the back of its head as it falls on top of Mr Foo.
pistol,32[dice]0[/dice]
ooc,Oh no, Mr and Mrs Foo! I think your luck is about to end. Sob.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Listen 25 [dice]0[/dice]
Mitchell will start walking slowly towards the stairwell he thinks the shooting is coming from.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"That's two close shaves,Jim; let's not make it a habit! Let's get downstairs quickly."
"If only we had control over this situation." Jim replies. "I fear that the world has permanently changed though."

Jim continues to reload as he heads down the stairs.
OOC,Listen 58 [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:29 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo's shot passed right over the zombie's head. It wrapped its arms around her husband and began to squeeze as its jaws snapped open and shut.
OOC,Yeah, [b]Mr. Foo[/b] was one of my favorites too. I played him in the first run of the game; I had started as a player and didn't take over as Keeper until the middle of Chapter 1 that time. [b]Ms. Foo[/b], it is your turn to act again. You Handgun skill is actually 35% rather than 32%. Zombie's Bite attack (30% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Zombie's Grapple attack (25% chance) attacking [b]Mr. Foo[/b]: [dice]1[/dice]
On the motel balcony-
Jim loaded another two bullets into his revolver as he raced down the stairs. Samantha reloaded her rifle, reaching the top of the stairs.

Mitchell couldn't hear from where the shots were coming, but both stairways on this side of the motel were blocked, so he ran west to the northwest corner. Tony followed him. They arrived in time to see Samantha reach the top of the southwest stairs. The barricades on both stairways on this side of the motel had been completely destroyed.

"And me!" said Scotty, hefting his bat. "I've got two kills already, and we're barely getting started!"

Behind the motel-
Jim Kerr reached the bottom of the southwest stairs and saw that the barricade in front of the back door of the motel had been destroyed as well. There were no zombies in sight, but the doorway was wide open. Presumably they had gotten inside, which would explain the gunfire coming from the ground floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tony follows Samantha down the stairs.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny grabs a vase "Well this might work ok as a club in a pinch, I know I have Samantha's shotgun but I don't have much in the way of ammo so it needs to the be the last resort".
OOC,Sorry about the shotgun confusion I was convinced I had given it to someone
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

OOC,Wasn't the RV parked in front of the back door?
Jim will finish loading his pistol and wait for Samantha to get down the stairs also. It will be safer if there is backup before entering the downstairs. There should only be a handful of infected still alive but even one is dangerous.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"I think what's left of them are downstairs." Mitchell says to Tony. Seeing Samantha going down the other side, he will also cautiously head down the stairs.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo fires again. Tears are streaming down her cheeks.
Pistol,35 [dice]0[/dice] (Yes!! Mopping brow)
Samantha bounds down the stairs. "I'm with you, Jim, let's go!" She quells her fear of confined spaces and steps over the debris into the motel.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:29:12 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo blew the zombie's brains out, and it collapsed on top of her husband. She saw with relief that his chest was rising and falling. He was still alive!
OOC,Damage to zombie's head from impaling 9mm: [dice]0[/dice] We're now out of combat time and back to a full minute (or nearly so) per major update. The next one will take place at 10:30 AM. [b]Ms. Foo[/b], you may roll First Aid if you want to try to treat his injury and revive him. The base skill is 30%.
There were no vases in the room. What Jenny had found was a metal lamp, a short bar with a sturdy round base.

On the motel balcony-
Samantha ran down the southwest stairs, while Tony and Jim went down the northwest stairs, which were much closer to them.

Behind the motel-
Jim finished reloading the revolver by the time Samantha caught up to him. At the same time, Tony and Mitchell arrived at the bottom of the stairs at the opposite end of the motel. There was one more gunshot from within the motel, and then the shooting stopped.
OOC,The motel's balcony overhangs several feet beyond the west wall of the motel, and the RV is too tall to fit underneath it, so there is a gap. The gap had been packed with furniture, but the zombies had destroyed the barricade. [b]Jim[/b], you may finish clearing the jammed rifle by the time you reach the rear entrance to the motel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tony gulps,then turns to Mitchell. "Guess we should go inside and take a peak, huh? You mind going first? I trust a gun more than a lamp as a weapon."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo pushes the zombie onto the floor with her foot and kneels by Mr Foo.
Mandarin,"Come on you old fool, don't you go dying on me yet! You're not getting out of repairing the old washing machine that easily. "
She wipes his face and checks his wounds.
First Aid,30 [dice]0[/dice]
but they are too much without a proper first aid kit. She turns him over into the recovery position, gets stiffly to her feet and, pistol at the ready, gets ready to find a kit.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:30 AM
In the private room-
Ms. Foo tied a tourniquet around her husband's upper arm to stop the bleeding, but that was all she was capable of doing. She would need someone's help in order to revive him. Cathy Lathan had done an excellent job when he had been injured before.

"The shooting stopped again," said Cathy.

Behind the motel-
Jim finished clearing the jam on his rifle while he moved toward the back door. He, Mitchell, Tony, and Samantha converged just outside it. Through the open doorway, the kitchen was visible, and beyond that the open doorway to the motel lobby.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Samantha calls through the door, "Hello? Anyone in there?" And then she says to the other two,"My shoulder blades are itching; are we sure there's no infected still out around the motel? It seems too quiet in here but I'm sure I saw some head this way."

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”