IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:33 AM
In the private room-
Jim joined Ms. Foo in the private room. He could see that the communications apparatus was very old and filled up a large part of the room.

"Mr. Foo?" called a man's voice from the speakers. "Are you all right? Is anyone there?"

In the motel kitchen-
Mitchell remained guarding the open doorway.

Behind the motel-
Tony reached the bottom of the northeast stairs as Cathy arrived at the top.

On the motel balcony-
Cathy and Samantha passed each other. Cathy made it to the northwest stairs. "What happened?" she called down to her husband.

Samantha reached the northeast corner and took a good look around.
Samantha,[b]Samantha[/b] saw a slow-moving group of figures on the highway almost a mile to the east. At the rate they were walking, they would arrive in a little over ten minutes. There were between one and two dozen of them.
In the upstairs motel room-
"Don't worry, I'll protect you," Bobby said to Jenny.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Seems like Mr.Foo's injured." He calls back. "Hopefully you can patch him up again-- he has a good head on his shoulders. Reminds me of myself, a bit."

He waits for his wife then hurries back inside the motel.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by Starspawn338 »

Jim will head over to the radio and look for a mike to respond to whomever is speaking.

"Hello, this is JIm Kerr from park services. Mr. Foo has sustained an injury and is being treated. We have been attacked by a large group of infected but we seem to have dispatched them." Jim responds. "I'm sure more are coming as we're not exactly quiet with all the gunfire. Who am I speaking to? Over."
Last edited by Starspawn338 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell will go out the back door and look inside the RV to see if the keys are still in it. If they are, he will get in the RV and check how much fuel is in the gas tank.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Samantha shades her eyes as she looks out down the road and she groans. She turns and shouts,
"We've got a lot more infected inbound from the East! Ten minutes!"
This time she's determined to get the ladder and runs along the balcony and back down the stairs to get the shed key from Mrs Foo.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

Jenny rolls her eyes "I don't need protecting so much as you think - I don't have spare ammunition and I went through a lot earlier today, I didn't just have the dead to deal with - I need a second away from this chaos. If anything comes through the door you can be damn sure I will go down fighting - but being reckless is just dumb, I don't want to fight unless I have to. Once these dead are dealt with we need a real plan as there is something else out there and I don't think what few bullets we have will stop them. That's a fight everyone needs to stay clear of, you see a swarm of insects coming your way you better run fast and get inside somewhere safe."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:34 AM
In the private room-
"This is Major Andrews at Warren Air Force Base," replied the voice. "I don't suppose Mr. Foo showed you how to operate the equipment he has? Is Mr. Lathan there? I know he received instruction. If Mr. Foo was injured by the infected, I'm afraid he's been infected himself. You'll need to put a bullet in his head before it's too late."

Behind the motel-
Cathy made it to the bottom of the stairs and rejoined her husband. "He reminds you of you?" she said. "I thought you said he had a good head on his shoulders." He knew from her tone that she was kidding - probably.

Mitchell emerged from the back of the motel and saw that the keys were still in the RV when he got behind the wheel.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Cathy called to him. "That's ours!"
OOC,[b]Tony[/b], please roll Luck to see how much fuel is left.
On the motel balcony-
Samantha made it back to the northwest corner and reached the top of the stairs.

"I'm not afraid of a bunch of bugs," said Bobby.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Tony glares at his wife, mildly miffed. "I think I've been handling this pretty well so far, honey. We're not dead yet, and the military will be here soon to evacuate us. We just need to stay calm."

"Yeah, keep away from there!" He warns Mitchell, but makes no other move to stop him. It was tempting, given that more infected were apparently on the way. but he'd rather be around the military and all their weapons then take his chances out there; Tony Lathan was not a dumb man, no sir.
Luck 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
He hurries into the motel and to Mr. Foo's room, eager to check on the man.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the motel-
Mitchell could see that the RV's fuel gauge only had a couple of gallons left. Apparently Tony had been planning to refuel it this morning before setting out, but he hadn't gotten around to it yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Samantha continues running downstairs, as soon as she can see Mitchell in the RV, she shouts.
"Where are you going? You can't take my shotgun with you; we need it here. I'm getting a ladder so we can all climb on the roof; will you help me?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo hears Major Andrews' instructions with horror,
"Noooo!" She wails. She hunkers down by his head and holds it protectively.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell shuts the RV off and heads out to help Samantha.

"I ain't going anywhere till I know what happened to Dave." He retorts. "I just wanted to know how much gas was in the tank in case we needed it." Mitchell continues. "But it's running on empty.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"This is Major Andrews at Warren Air Force Base," replied the voice. "I don't suppose Mr. Foo showed you how to operate the equipment he has? Is Mr. Lathan there? I know he received instruction. If Mr. Foo was injured by the infected, I'm afraid he's been infected himself. You'll need to put a bullet in his head before it's too late."
"He didn't show me anything. I just got here and found him on the floor but he's going to get bandaged up. Maybe we can quarantine him but I'm not shooting him." Jim says over the radio. "Can the military help us?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Did Dave go back into the diner?" Samantha asks Mitchell I've just looked out that way and didn't see anyone; I guess they must still be inside." She takes a key out of her pocket,
"I'd be glad of your help, I've got the key to the shed, we can get the ladder and get up to the roof if the zombies overrun the balcony; and they might well this time because there are a lot coming down the road from the East. We need to hurry."
She starts walking, looking for the shed.
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

"Yes, he went in the diner with the others and didn't come back out." Mitchell replies as he follows her to the shed to get the ladder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:35 AM
In the private room-
"We have a small force on its way to secure your position," replied Major Andrews. "Their ETA is three minutes. You will need to do something about Mr. Foo, unfortunately. If you don't shoot him now, you'll have to shoot him later. If you can't deal with him, the team that's coming can do it."

Behind the motel-
Mitchell got out of the RV and went with Tony and Cathy to the back door. "I'm just ribbing you, dear," said Cathy. "It's how I cope. It's either that or curl up into a ball and wait to die. We're probably all going to die anyway."

Samantha got to the bottom of the northwest stairs.

"The shooting's stopped, at least," said Ellen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Samantha leads the way to the shed, "We must hurry, the infected will be here in less than ten minutes; we should be upstairs shooting them." If she can see anyone else she shouts to them,
"There's more infected coming! Where's Jim? We need him on the balcony right now!"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Foo is terribly upset,
"After all Mr Foo done- now you shoot him? No, Mrs Latham fix him up good! I go find her; you no shoot Mr Foo!" she glares at everyone and then hobbles out to find [/b]Cathy[/b].
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Hey now, don't talk like that. This too shall pass, dear. Hell, we normal civvies just managed to repel a wave of the infected all by ourselves. Once the military gets here and reinforces this place, there's no way they get in here. And Bobby still seems in high spirits, not like one of those... things."

He reaches out and strokes his wife's hair, offering her a small peck on the lips before continuing onwards. "No matter what happens, I'll protect you, Cath. We'll be fine."
Starspawn338
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Starspawn338 »

Mitchell follows Samantha. They need to get on the roof since the infected just demolished all the barricades they put on the stairs. He wonders if there are going to be runners in advance of this group but puts it out of his mind and hustles to the shed.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”