IC-Captive Hearts(Sally/Azadeh/Captives)

The dead have begun to rise, but they are not the only problem. A small group of survivors at a truck stop in southwestern Nebraska must contend not only with zombies, but with internal division, a nearby group of heavily-armed skinhead survivalists, and even more horrifying dangers. Can they overcome their differences and survive, or will they join the ranks of the living dead?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Captive Hearts(Sally/Azadeh/Captives)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 9:50 AM Mountain Time - Prairie Militia Society Compound
In the cell block-
Two rows of four small rooms, six by nine feet each, lined both sides of the hallway. The only exit from each small room, which apparently had originally been built for storage, was a metal door that was very sturdy and very locked. There were no windows or holes in the doors, so it was impossible to see out into the hall. The rooms were still used for storage, but now they stored women. Six of the eight cells were occupied, one woman in each cell. The only furniture was a stained mattress on the floor, and each cell's only other feature was a bucket that passed as a toilet. The cells were hellholes, and each prisoner had known only unbearable torment within them. All of the women wore lingerie, the only clothes their captors allowed them to have. When they had been locked in the cages on the surface, they had been left naked, and it had gotten very cold at night. At least there was heat in these underground cells, but in some ways being kept down here was even worse. Hitch had brought them breakfast on schedule, and they ate better down here than they had up on the surface too, which wasn't saying much. Nobody knew exactly what time it was, but it was probably mid-morning. It was impossible to tell whether it was day or night down here, and meals were the only way to measure the passage of time.

The rearmost two cells on the right were currently vacant, but they had previously been occupied by Kerry Pierce and her friend Debbie. Both women had managed to escape a few days ago when one of their cells had been left unlocked. Whether they had managed to escape from the compound itself, or were still hiding, or were dead was a mystery. No further escape attempts had been possible since then, as the skinheads had stepped up security after that. Since then, nothing out of the ordinary had happened until today. In the second cell on the right, Zoe Gallagher paced restlessly back and forth like a caged tiger. In the cell next to hers was the beautiful Mexican lifeguard, Alicia Vargas, who lay on her mattress and sobbed quietly. It was possible for those in adjacent cells to hear and talk to each other through the walls, and if they raised their voices they could also talk to those on the other side of the hall. There was also the chance that their jailers could overhear them, so they needed to be careful what they said.

On the left side of the hall, across from Alicia's room, was her friend Raquel Orozco. Both women had come from Tijuana together, and both had been enslaved together. Raquel sat on her mattress, staring into space with her hands on her stomach and wishing she were anywhere else. In the next cell was Katarina Iliescu, a model from eastern Europe with unparalleled beauty. She lay on her back, gazing at the ceiling. The third cell on the left contained Russian student Lara Voronova. She sat huddled on her mattress, her knees pressed up against her chest and her arms wrapped around her folded legs. She rocked slowly back and forth, as if in a trance. The last cell on the left held Mei Ling, a singer from China, who was lying on her mattress and humming to herself.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-Captive Hearts(Captives)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Listening for foot-steps from the corridor, Lara rocked back and forth on her matress.
Spoiler:
Listen@25%

[dice]0[/dice]
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:51 AM
In the cell block-
The other women listened, most of them hearing something.
OOC,[b]Lara[/b] has 45% in Listen, so that roll succeeds. [b]Zoe[/b]'s Listen roll (40% skill) in the cell block: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Alicia[/b]'s Listen roll (55% skill) in the cell block: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Raquel[/b]'s Listen roll (50% skill) in the cell block: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Katarina[/b]'s Listen roll (65% skill) in the cell block: [dice]3[/dice] [b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Listen roll (30% skill) in the cell block: [dice]4[/dice]
Alicia/Raquel/Katarina/Lara,Most of the women could hear footsteps entering the guard room outside the cell block. "What's up?" a skinhead asked. "Where's [b]Horst[/b]?" "We're under attack!" said one of the skinheads they recognized as [b]Ghost[/b]. "[b]Jeff[/b], [b]Guzzmann[/b], [b]Deadeye[/b], and [b]Nitro[/b] are all dead, most of them by a sniper. We had to withdraw, as [b]Horst[/b] and the others hadn't come back yet. Then when we got back, these...flying things swarmed the compound!" "Ja, is true!" insisted [b]Hitch[/b], their usual jailer. "I saw them too!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara kept her stance and wished all the men had been killed. Weak men complaining about bees. In Russia, men swatted bees and ate them with beet soup.
She waits in silence.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:52 AM
In the cell block-
After a minute, all of the women could hear several sets of footsteps entering the corridor outside the cells from the guard room.
Alicia/Raquel/Katarina/Lara,"A sniper I can believe," said the first skinhead, "but that other stuff? What happened to him?" "She did," said [b]Hitch[/b] "She damn near killed him. For that she shall pay." "We don't have time for that now," said [b]Ghost[/b]. "We need to tell [b]Doc[/b] and make a plan. Let's lock the new girls up and get below."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara gets on to her feet and looks for something, anything to be used as a weapon. Maybe, she can kick the door when they unlock it and hit the guy behind it...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:53 AM
In the cell block-
There was nothing at all in Lara's featureless cell besides the mattress and the bucket. The bucket could potentially be a weapon, so she grabbed it. However, they weren't coming for her this time.

The women could hear one of the skinheads unlock the third cell on the right, the empty one next to Zoe's, and open the door. A moment later someone slammed the door shut and locked it.

"NO!" cried a woman's voice, dragging her feet. "Please, don't lock me in there! I...I can help with the wounded man. I'm a nurse, remember?"

"Yeah, I don't trust you yet," said Ghost. The other empty cell was unlocked and opened, then slammed and locked after a pause.

"You take over guarding the prisoners, Hitch," said Ghost.

"Good," said Hitch. "I can't wait to teach that raghead a lesson."

"Not now, you don't. We can't take any chances with her. We've taken too many casualties as it is."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara shouts at the closed door. "Stoi!!! We hungry here! We want some food!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Captive Hearts(Sally/Azadeh/Captives)

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:54 AM
In the cell block-
"You girls just ate a couple hours ago," said Hitch. "You'll get lunch in a couple more. Unless...maybe I can give you a snack, but I'll want something in return."

"Let me out!" screamed the woman who said she was a nurse, pounding on the door of her new cell.

"Maybe you'd like to be a movie star. I wouldn't mind breaking you in one bit."

"Not Sally either," said Ghost. "I saw her first. Be seeing you again real soon, Sally." The skinheads walked away further into the facility, except for Hitch who remained in the hallway.

Sally slumped down against the back wall of her cell and began to sob.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara ponders what she might will be having to do and answers. "Open, and I do what you like." She sighs and backs to the far wall to get support for her plan.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:55 AM
In the cell block-
Katarina said something in Russian in the next cell, clearly upset.
Katarina Iliescu/Lara Voronova,"[b]Lara[/b], no!" cried [b]Katarina[/b]. "You know what he will do to you!"
The footsteps of the other skinheads vanished in the distance, but Hitch approached the door to Lara's cell and opened it. "Good girl," he said, leering at her as she pressed herself against the back wall. "Put the bucket down and come on out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Lara puts down the bucket and opens the cell door to get out of the cell. Doing so she grinds her teeth and bites her lip. The taste of iron feels like a wake-up call. Danger is here. Now. She must make the best out of it. At any cost. Any... cost.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:56 AM
In the cell block-
When Lara stepped out of her cell, Hitch closed the door behind her and slipped an arm around her waist, leading her out of the cell block and into the guard room.
OOC,[b]Lara[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Horror Movie
OOC,Everyone else remains in the current thread. [b]Azadeh[/b]'s Locksmith roll (45% skill) trying to pick her cell's lock: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Zoe[/b]'s Locksmith roll (41% skill) trying to pick her cell's lock: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Locksmith roll (26% skill) trying to pick her cell's lock: [dice]2[/dice]
Azadeh tried to get out of her cell once she heard all of the guards walk away, but the lock was too difficult for her. Mei Ling also tried and failed. Zoe, however, managed to pick the lock on her cell using a piece of a spring she had broken off from the mattress.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:57 AM
In the cell block-
"I'm free," whispered Zoe to the other women. "I'm going to rescue Lara, get Hitch's keys, and come back to let everyone out." She crept down the hall and into the guard room.
OOC,[b]Azadeh[/b]'s Locksmith roll (45% skill) trying again to pick her cell's lock: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Locksmith roll (26% skill) trying again to pick her cell's lock: [dice]1[/dice]
In the guard room-
Zoe Gallagher rushed out of the cell block and into the guard room. Ahead of her was an exit into another hallway that led eventually to the entrance to this underground area. To the left was a closed door leading to Hitch's notorious movie studio. The red light bulb above the door was lit, indicating that he was filming. Poor Lara, she thought. Please don't let me be too late!
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b]'s Listen roll (40% skill) in the guard room: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:58 AM
In the cell block-
Azadeh finally got her cell door open and slipped out into the hall.
OOC,[b]Azadeh[/b]'s Locksmith roll (45% skill) trying again to pick her cell's lock: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Locksmith roll (26% skill) trying again to pick her cell's lock: [dice]1[/dice]
In the guard room-
Summoning up her courage, Zoe slipped into the movie studio.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Horror Movie
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:58:12 AM
In the cell block-
Azadeh raced into the guard room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

9:59 AM
In the guard room-
Azadeh crept over to the open door into the movie studio and peeked inside.
OOC,[b]Azadeh[/b]'s Sneak roll (67% skill) approaching the studio: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Azadeh[/b]'s initiative roll on DEX 14: [dice]1[/dice]
Azadeh Samimi,Through the door, [b]Azadeh[/b] saw a large studio with various movie sets. Two young blonde women in skimpy lingerie were facing off against [b]Hitch[/b], one of them gripping a microphone stand and the other a taser. Before they could strike him, though, [b]Hitch[/b] drew his pistol and spun around, stepping away from both of them. "Drop those weapons, girls!" he bellowed. "No more Mr. Nice Guy!" Reluctantly, the woman with the metal stand let it slip from her fingers and clatter to the floor. The other one also dropped the taser. In spite of all of the horrible things that had been done to them, they still didn't want to die. "That's better." He pointed his pistol at one who had dropped the taser. "You, get in the coffin in the vampire's lair set." She complied, going over to the set and opening up the coffin on a slab. Then he pointed it at the other one. "And as for you, get on the rack in the dungeon set." "Please, not the rack again!" she cried. "You hurt me, now I'm going to hurt you. The rack, or a bullet. Your choice." [b]Azadeh[/b] had seen and heard enough. As much as she wanted to kill [b]Hitch[/b], he was armed and she wasn't. With three against one there might have been a chance, but the other captive women had dropped their weapons and surrendered. Her only chance was to pick the locks on the other cells and free [b]Sally[/b] and the other prisoners. The two women in the movie studio would be tortured and raped, but she had to leave them to their fate, at least for now. Once she had allies, there might be a chance, but they might just have to escape this place and leave the other two behind. She quietly returned to the cell block.
In the cell block-
Azadeh reentered the cell block and went over to Sally's cell. The nurse seemed a capable sort, so she went to free her first.
OOC,[b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Locksmith roll (26% skill) trying again to pick her cell's lock: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:00 AM
In the cell block-
Azadeh tapped gently on Sally's cell door. "Sally?" she whispered. "It's me, Azadeh. I'm going to get us out of here."

"Did you get the keys?" asked Sally from inside the cell.

"I'm sorry, no. But I can pick the locks on your cell and the others. That's how I got out of mine. It'll just take some time."

"Please, hurry...before they come back..."

Azadeh set to work. A woman's anguished scream, which the captives who had been here before recognized as Zoe's voice, came from the direction of the guard room.
OOC,[b]Azadeh[/b]'s Locksmith roll (45% skill) trying to pick the lock on [b]Sally[/b]'s cell: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Locksmith roll (26% skill) trying again to pick the lock on her cell: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:01 AM
In the cell block-
Azadeh easily got the door to Sally's cell opened, and Sally rushed out and threw her arms around her. "Thank you!" Sally said. "I was so sure they were going to rape me."

"We're not out of here yet," said Azadeh.

Zoe's scream ripped the air again, causing Sally to wince. "We have to help her!"

"No, there's nothing we can do for her. He's armed and we're not. We have to help ourselves. I think we have time to get the other girls out of their cells while he's busy, but then we have to split. We can come back later with weapons and help."

"But he's..."

Azadeh stepped back and put her hands on Sally's shoulders. "No, Sally, we won't do her any good if we go in half-cocked. She's been down here Allah only knows how long. She's endured it this long, she can survive a little longer."
OOC,[b]Azadeh[/b]'s Locksmith roll (45% skill) trying again to pick the lock on [b]Sally[/b]'s cell: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Locksmith roll (26% skill) trying again to pick the lock on her cell: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

10:02 AM
In the cell block-
"I don't know..." said Sally.

"That girl who's screaming went in there to try to help her friend, and look what happened to her," said Azadeh, heading down the hall. The next cell was empty, the door ajar, presumably belonging to one of the women who had been captured by Hitch, but the last one was still locked. Azadeh set to work. The lock refused to give, but the door to the cell at the far end of the other side of the hall opened, and a pretty young Chinese woman in skimpy lingerie peeked out of it.

"I guess you're right," said Sally, keeping an eye on the hallway in both directions to make sure nobody was coming.

Another scream tore through the air.
OOC,[b]Azadeh[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (57% skill) to convince [b]Sally[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Azadeh[/b]'s Locksmith roll (45% skill) trying again to pick the lock on [b]Alicia[/b]'s cell: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Mei Ling[/b]'s Locksmith roll (26% skill) trying again to pick the lock on her cell: [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End”